Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

If anything, the relationship they'd been building with the Zuvorg would indicate that the hardliners don't have much sway anymore. It's just really weird.

Senerio posted:

Oh cool. I legitimately don't remember it so I probably never played OG2. I was trying to figure out where I stopped. I know I had the cartridge because I bought it and OG together.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'm not trying to be annoying with all these questions, I just know how these games tend to be with regards to secrets.

Questions are good, this isn't the fastest moving thread so it's not like you're interrupting anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The absolute best mecha for Katina is the Grungust Type-3. Stick Russell in the co-pilot seat so he can spam guard to make up for her weaknesses. However basically the answer is "give her something red" so if not the Type-3 then the Giganduro or the red Grungust.

I put Katina in Rio's red Hucky and turned it into the Boxer type. It seemed thematically appropriate.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't understand why Katina is range-tilted. Even putting aside the issue of all her best robot candidates, her theme is basically called "beat you the gently caress up (with my fists)".

I guess because she can't be the Gespenst C because Kai owns Jet Phantom and for some reason the Type-N's best weapon is the long rifle? But even then she should be a balance type. It looks like the intent with her is to abuse Assail with ALL-W cannon type weapons but that's dumb.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 11, 2016

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Because she was briefly the pilot for the R-Gun and they don't want to change her to suit what they've consistently given her since, I guess.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Except I'm pretty sure she was melee-focused in 2ndOG, so it's just weird.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Also in OG2.

They can't decide what to do with her for some reason and they probably will keep messing around with what she's supposed to be good at until the end of the OG series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wasn't she a sniper-type character with her own custom mech from a card game originally? I think I remember reading that in the mega OGs let's play.

*googles*

Yep, it was called the GAB-L. Maybe it's gonna be in the game after MD?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Katina should just have really high scores in both her attack stats since both of her defenses are bottom tier.

High Skill instead would also work since it enables her to TACONA-GU-RI things more/harder/faster (Counter, Double Attack).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
She should just be straight up the opposite of Russel.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Some G Generation Genesis Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CJK3UUK-Bw

They also show DLC like 24 minutes into the video. Special stages, MS, characters, etc...

A more proper DLC list is here (instead of a Powerpoint): http://ggg.ggame.jp/special/privilege.php - Free for preorders? First printings? I'm not sure, but I assume it's the first printing as it has a date range which I assume is how much time you have to buy it Digitally to get the DLC free.

Hathaway's Flash DLC though. Happy about that. Seems to be the most sizable of the bunch as it has two scenarios, characters and MS. It will also be out in December which is cool as well. The other DLC seem to be unit only? So no Io or Daryl?

As an aside, I do like it in Full Boost if you have ReGZ go up against Xi Gundam, Chan does her "Hathaway?!" voice line from CCA.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 11, 2016

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Late:

GimmickMan posted:

If anything, the relationship they'd been building with the Zuvorg would indicate that the hardliners don't have much sway anymore. It's just really weird.

Questions are good, this isn't the fastest moving thread so it's not like you're interrupting anything.

I guess nobody told the Strategic Council. Or Miles.

At least Ginto's cool, I went in all ready to be like "you're not my real Daitetsu."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

They also show DLC like 24 minutes into the video. Special stages, MS, characters, etc...

A more proper DLC list is here (instead of a Powerpoint): http://ggg.ggame.jp/special/privilege.php - Free for preorders? First printings? I'm not sure, but I assume it's the first printing as it has a date range which I assume is how much time you have to buy it Digitally to get the DLC free.

Hathaway's Flash DLC though. Happy about that. Seems to be the most sizable of the bunch as it has two scenarios, characters and MS. It will also be out in December which is cool as well. The other DLC seem to be unit only? So no Io or Daryl?

As an aside, I do like it in Full Boost if you have ReGZ go up against Xi Gundam, Chan does her "Hathaway?!" voice line from CCA.

I agree with the guys asking "Where's F91 and V?"

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I wonder if Bamco will have streaming disabled on it like they did with Gundam Breaker 3. Also, it seems like only Thunderbolt units? No Thunderbolt scenarios?

Also, did OG Moon Dwellers have any sort of first print bonus?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Revitalized posted:

I wonder if Bamco will have streaming disabled on it like they did with Gundam Breaker 3. Also, it seems like only Thunderbolt units? No Thunderbolt scenarios?

Also, did OG Moon Dwellers have any sort of first print bonus?

Bandai Namco seems to really hate built streaming because most of the games I've played from them lately will either block out literally every cutscene no matter how unimportant, or will just not allow you to stream after a certain point.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The GIG posted:

Bandai Namco seems to really hate built streaming because most of the games I've played from them lately will either block out literally every cutscene no matter how unimportant, or will just not allow you to stream after a certain point.

It's the music licensing nightmare, easier to disable it for the whole game than only when certain tracks are playing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hunter Noventa posted:

It's the music licensing nightmare, easier to disable it for the whole game than only when certain tracks are playing.

That's the answer for 90% of why japanese games are blocked streaming. Music or voice acting. Basically what happens if the MRRA was still relevant and powerful.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

So this is a thing that just happened in my playthrough of J.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Sordas Volantyr posted:

You're playing the game right, ramming speed is the only speed.

Edit: Just saw the money counter, have never seen that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
You said Katina is good in the Grungust 3, when can she pilot that? I have it but it's not on her list. (Moon Dwellers)

Also when do Rio and Ryoto get personal mechs? Theirs look rather generic.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Senerio posted:

You said Katina is good in the Grungust 3, when can she pilot that? I have it but it's not on her list. (Moon Dwellers)

Those are their personal mechs. (Ryoto also has Armourlion, but there are about a thousand people better than he is in it.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh ok. Is there other mechs they should go in or are they destined for the Generic life?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Senerio posted:

Oh ok. Is there other mechs they should go in or are they destined for the Generic life?

I pretty much never use them in any of the OG games, so I couldn't tell you what you might want to shove them in, sorry. I've got way too many other people to use.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's fair. I was just wondering because I was considering giving them spots sometimes.

As they aren't, welcome to the bench.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

The Grungust Type-3 is made of two units. The G-Bison and G-Raptor. You put a pilot into each and they become the pilots of the Grungust Type-3

The pilot of G-Raptor is the main pilot. The pilot of the G-Bison only provides a spell pool unless you decombine for some reason. (There's no reason to do this, the G-Bison's attack list is crap.)

Note that even if you don't want to put Katina in there, the best pilots for the G-Bison are probably Russell (for defensive) or Radha (for support capabilities) as neither are good enough pilots to justify a main unit but have amazing spell sets.

Edit:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1609568567/code-hardcore-the-coolest-2d-mecha-battle-game

Also this was posted in the Kickstarter thread and feels relevant here.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 12, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I felt weird about posting it in a non-kickstarter thread, guess I should've. Whoops.

Senerio posted:

I know I'm the wrong person to give advice, but you shouldn't feel too bad about throwing folks in anything you feel suits them. If you like someone and want to throw them in something fancy that's not quite optimal, but fun, go ahead.

Of course, in a dream world, I'd love to see anyone able to pilot anything but that would be a dev nightmare. So dreams of a Latooni-piloted SRX or Masaki Neo Granzon will have to stay dreams.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What skills do Akemi/Akimi and Calvina want to buy? They're getting to the point where I can start affording stuff.
Them, Kohta/Shoko, Latooni, Guillam and Lamia are around the point where I should start checking.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

You want E/B Save if their mechs are reliant in one or the other for their attacks. If you feel like splurging, Mediate is always good, since you can never have too much SP. Break Will Limit also helps push up the damage once stages get longer.

(The real answer is to get Continuous Action on everybody)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

What skills do Akemi/Akimi and Calvina want to buy? They're getting to the point where I can start affording stuff.
Them, Kohta/Shoko, Latooni, Guillam and Lamia are around the point where I should start checking.

For The Akatsuki Siblings you need to decide which one is going to be your main pilot. The one who is gets Continious Action, Break Will Limit, Support Attack, maybe Guard, that sort of thing. The one who isn't gets SP Up and Meditate and nothing else.

For Calvina get her Continuous Action, Break Will Limit, maybe MB Activate if you want, and maybe Attack Again/Support Attack. Otherwise just start pumping her Shooting and Skill stats.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What does the bellzelute want for a full upgrade bonus? Debating between Mobility up, Air S or Space S

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Senerio posted:

What does the bellzelute want for a full upgrade bonus? Debating between Mobility up, Air S or Space S

I'd have thought that the +200 attack and EN Regen would be the best choice?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Senerio posted:

All mechs have a choice between some generic bonuses and a custom one suited just for that mech.

99% of the time you should just take the custom one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh. I misunderstood how that worked. I thought it was the +200 and one of those. My fault.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Sped up "LONELY WAY" is one of my fav songs in all of SRW :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

All mechs have a choice between some generic bonuses and a custom one suited just for that mech.

99% of the time you should just take the custom one.

No, you get the custom one and get to pick a generic one.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I stopped buying E/B save many games ago. Maybe like vanilla OG2.

Pilot skills are p boring

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Maybe there will be interesting pilot skills when the Sphere Reactors join.

No, wait, it'll still be two games after that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I went with the +Mobility, because while Air S doesn't matter in Space (and vice versa), Mobility is worth it forever.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've finally ordered the PS3 Z games and they're set to arrive tomorrow, can someone give me a rundown on the villains of both games/the world ending scheme I'm trying to stop?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Does the sub unit in the twin get credit for the kill too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Senerio posted:

Does the sub unit in the twin get credit for the kill too?

Whoever reduces the enemy to 0 HP gets the kill, including support attackers or MB supports. I find it useful to put whoever needs kills in a sub so I can have the the main unit use an ALL to weaken both enemies while the sub finishes them off.

• Locked thread