Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Maybe Trunks should try vaporizing Zamasu and see if that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Wish for his own immortality, then chop of Z's head?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:perfect:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

reignofevil posted:

I recall when I first saw the Buu arc I was worried that Mr. Satan was not prepared for the level of "servant for life" he was accepting by befriending Buu and I was certain that it wouldn't be a long term thing.

Now I'm not so sure. Mr. Satan seems happy enough with the role and Buu seems to have pretty much settled into a lazy life of eating as many sweets as he wants instead of a tiresome life of actually using your powers.

Buu needs to die or get a job (offscreen).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Children that never grow up are just sociopaths. They shouldn't be coddled.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm pretty sure Zamasu isn't supposed to be particularly strong, he's just immortal. He seemed to be outclassed by Super Saiyan Goku in the past, so I doubt he's supposed to be SSB level as of now. Trunks is stronger than him, but I don't think he's supposed to be on par with Goku.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Masako's take on Black Goku is pretty much perfect.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Momomo posted:

I'm pretty sure Zamasu isn't supposed to be particularly strong, he's just immortal. He seemed to be outclassed by Super Saiyan Goku in the past, so I doubt he's supposed to be SSB level as of now. Trunks is stronger than him, but I don't think he's supposed to be on par with Goku.

That was Super Saiyan 2 Goku, which puts him right about at the appropriate level to be a decent fight for Trunks

except for the whole immortality thing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Isn't this 10 years in the future Zamasu who wanted to show off his immortality by letting himself get stabbed?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Are the Super Dragon Balls related to the Earth or Planet Namek Dragon Balls? Were they created by a Namekian?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Blue Star posted:

Are the Super Dragon Balls related to the Earth or Planet Namek Dragon Balls? Were they created by a Namekian?

You got it backwards. The super dragon balls are what gave the namekians the idea to make dragonballs.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blue Star posted:

If I recall the discussion they had in DB Super, the dragon balls we know of are made from the Super Dragon Balls. As in, tiny tiny pieces broke off and the dragon balls are created from those.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I want to see Buu turn these two chumps into candy and eat them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tokelau All Star posted:

Would that then make Buu immortal?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So we sort of know what Soulja Boy is, finally. Zamasu wished for a servant "as strong as Goku." Proving yet again how stupid the gods are in Dragon Ball. Why not wish for a servant even slightly stronger than Goku? Or wish yourself to be stronger?! Anyway, he used a time-ring to fast-forward a year and immediately make a second wish for immortality.

Overall, kind of a boring explanation, but there's still the lingering question of why Soulja Boy's ki feels like Zamasu's.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Reinanigans posted:

So we sort of know what Soulja Boy is, finally. Zamasu wished for a servant "as strong as Goku." Proving yet again how stupid the gods are in Dragon Ball. Why not wish for a servant even slightly stronger than Goku? Or wish yourself to be stronger?! Anyway, he used a time-ring to fast-forward a year and immediately make a second wish for immortality.

Overall, kind of a boring explanation, but there's still the lingering question of why Soulja Boy's ki feels like Zamasu's.

So he like one of those kids who want a little brother and the stroke shows up with one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Make me black", as Goku put it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

What the hell would immortal candy be like? Would it just exist and refill forever?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

What the hell would immortal candy be like? Would it just exist and refill forever?

The everlasting Gobstopper

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reinanigans posted:

It's worth pointing out that this is pretty much Whis spitballing and not an actual from-the-horses-mouth confirmation.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blockhouse posted:

It's worth pointing out that this is pretty much Whis spitballing and not an actual from-the-horses-mouth confirmation.

True. But 1) Whis is usually pretty freaking smart, and 2) I doubt they'd go to the trouble of animating the whole deal and spending so much time on it for it to just end up as speculation.

But again, you're right. It might not be the actual truth.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

"Make me black", as Goku put it

I was kinda stumped on that for a bit, I think the more correct way to say it would be "Make me a black" which sounds even worse.

Interesting episode, still really curious about how this all ties into Future Trunks' timeline since so far it seems it shouldn't and also there's a timeloop tied with an alternate future at the same time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

Crabtree posted:

Since when is Buu not immortal? He has never been destroyed, ever.

I really appreciated Gokus joke about becoming immortal themselves this week. Just underlying that this is always just a game to him. Of course they could just use the normal Dragonballs to wish for immortality (the even get three!). But they won't because that would be cheating :v:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 11, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

came to post this.

In Dr Slump Toriyama admits that he is not a very creative artist and can only draw one or two women's faces. He illustrates it by including two female characters and editing out their hair to show that they're actually identical.

He has drawn many, many Gokus.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rutibex posted:

Since when is Buu not immortal? He has never been destroyed, ever.
Which Buu are you talking about?

Kid Buu was destroyed by Goku's intergalactic Genki-dama. Vegeta got his rear end beat as a distraction, and Mr. Satan got everybody to donate ki. Buu literally disappears into nothingness after being struck by the blast, doesn't that count as being destroyed?

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 11, 2016

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

zelah posted:

came to post this.

In Dr Slump Toriyama admits that he is not a very creative artist and can only draw one or two women's faces. He illustrates it by including two female characters and editing out their hair to show that they're actually identical.

He has drawn many, many Gokus.

Literally this, yeah

But at the same time, he is AMAZING with machine and monster design. Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, plenty of other games or manga he's done show off how creative he can be with less human designs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

Which Buu are you talking about?

Kid Buu was destroyed by Goku's intergalactic Genki-dama. Vegeta got his rear end beat as a distraction, and Mr. Satan got everybody to donate ki. Buu literally disappears into nothingness after being struck by the blast, doesn't that count as being destroyed?

That was only a piece of Buu. I bet the dust after that attack flew through space and rejoined Fat Buu, which is why Kid Buu didn't reform.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Rutibex posted:

I bet the dust after that attack flew through space and rejoined Fat Buu, which is why Kid Buu didn't reform.
Sure, we can define Kid Buu as a piece of Majin Buu. What confused me is that you'd said that Buu was immortal. Goku's Genki-dama proves that Buu can be killed, it's just that nobody has nuked Fat Buu into oblivion. If, for example, Beerus was pissed off enough, and wanted to erase Buu entirely, I don't think Buu could regenerate.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 11, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Buu was just a step up from cell, except instead of having to destroy the nucleus you have to destroy buu on a molecular level

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

Sure, we can define Kid Buu as a piece of Majin Buu. What confused me is that you'd said that Buu was immortal. Goku's Genki-dama proves that Buu can be killed, it's just that nobody has nuked Fat Buu into oblivion. If, for example, Beerus was pissed off enough, and wanted to erase Buu entirely, I don't think Buu could regenerate.

Yeah maybe Beerus could erase him from existence! But I don't think any big Ki blast, no matter how strong could "nuke him into oblivion". You can't destroy matter, only change its state. Buu can come back from being blasted into a gas, Piccilo and Gotenks did that in the time chamber.

Maybe if Buu was heated into a plasma? I don't know, I still think he would reform :shrug:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

Yeah maybe Beerus could erase him from existence! But I don't think any big Ki blast, no matter how strong could "nuke him into oblivion". You can't destroy matter, only change its state. Buu can come back from being blasted into a gas, Piccilo and Gotenks did that in the time chamber.

Maybe if Buu was heated into a plasma? I don't know, I still think he would reform :shrug:

Nah, Piccolo/Gotenks just didn't burn through all his plot armor. Stuff's a bitch but when it's finally done, it's done.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Pretty sure while Buu can regenerate from basically anything, it does wear him down over time. So all you have to do is keep hitting him until he finally dies, no disintegration into nothing required.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tokelau All Star posted:

is he not already basically immortal

like he's existed for at least a few hundred years and is nearly indestructible

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Isn't Kid Buu the only enemy the Spirit Bomb has succeeded in completely wiping out (not counting Omega Shenron in GT)?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JDRockefeller posted:

Isn't Kid Buu the only enemy the Spirit Bomb has succeeded in completely wiping out (not counting Omega Shenron in GT)?

To be fair he's the only one who was hit with the spirit bomb as it was intended to be

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I'm not sure dbz is accurate to real world physics

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Spirit Bomb only works on evil targets. If you hit Super Buu with it, the current happy Buu would probably reform from the ashes. If you hit happy Buu with it, he would think it was an awesome laser light show and have a hankering for funnel cakes or something afterward. Buu is probably impossible to destroy, vaporize him and he condensates out from the vapor. Trap him, and he can liquefy and escape.

Established rules mean nothing Gohan Super Saiyaman could destroy him if the plot called for it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eopia posted:

Pretty sure while Buu can regenerate from basically anything, it does wear him down over time. So all you have to do is keep hitting him until he finally dies, no disintegration into nothing required.

Nah, I think Buu is 100% true immortal. The only reason that Kid Buu was able to be disintegrated was because it was not the "primary" Buu. Like, if you cut off Zamasus arm, and he grew a new one. It wouldn't violate his immortality if you could destroy the arm that was cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Nah, I think Buu is 100% true immortal. The only reason that Kid Buu was able to be disintegrated was because it was not the "primary" Buu. Like, if you cut off Zamasus arm, and he grew a new one. It wouldn't violate his immortality if you could destroy the arm that was cut off.

But kid buu is the original buu. You can't say he can't be destroyed when he was very visibly destroyed

• Locked thread