Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Should I use Drapion or Scoliopede in my White 2 run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Scrap Dragon posted:

Amoonguss

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want all the Flabebe forms. Which flowers have which colors? I know White is the rare one that can be found anywhere but beyond that I don't know for sure. Google is not actually helpful somehow.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I want all the Flabebe forms. Which flowers have which colors? I know White is the rare one that can be found anywhere but beyond that I don't know for sure. Google is not actually helpful somehow.

Pretty sure that on routes where Flabebe is found, the kind of Flabebe is found in the corresponding flower patch. Reds in red patches, Yellows in yellow patches, Blues in purple patches. Oranges are found in all patches, but are pretty rare (but not as rare as white ones).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Network42 posted:

Can you take a pokemon from xy, trade it to oras, use a move tutor, and trade it back to xy?

Yes.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Scrap Dragon posted:

hmmm, tough call. I have both on mine (but that was a Poison mono run, that I'm ending, transferring up everything so I can start a Bug run).

Scolipede is cuter, so that. I like using Drapion, but it's one of the most overdesigned non-legendaries. There is just too much going on there.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There should be a scorpion pokemon that looks a little more realistic than Drapion does

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
I like Scolipede much more, personally. Drapion has a neat typing though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

scolipede is cool

drapion is ok I guess

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Drapion looks like an origami, which is cool I guess.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I've decided I'm going to use Drapion as it has much better coverage pre-gen 6. I'll save Scoliopede for a Sun/Moon play through cause I know I'm gonna be replaying that game a bunch

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ka0 posted:

Drapion looks like an origami, which is cool I guess.

I thought it looked more like some bizarre fusion of multiple accordions.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I thought it looked more like some bizarre fusion of multiple accordions.

I also though of accordions. I remember first running into scorupi and being excited about a scorpion pokemon then it evolved. WHY SO UGLY? The typing is neat though. But BugDark would've been cool too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Drapion rules and his accordion arms are awesome.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I know this is probably a long standing complaint, but how come becoming the champion doesn't mean anything? When you refight the elite 4 they're all "the champion is waiting". Like why bother making that something you can earn if you actually don't. Even just omitting the champ on refights or having some variation of "<character name>! I'm here to reclaim my title!".

Yes this has bothered me since RBY

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

when you defeat the champ you are added to the hall of fame. but since your character is a child, you most likely opt out of standing in the champion's chamber and instead keep your label of Champion but continue to go on adventures. Blue chose otherwise because he really wanted to be a douche. anyways that's my headcanon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Great Burrito posted:

I know this is probably a long standing complaint, but how come becoming the champion doesn't mean anything? When you refight the elite 4 they're all "the champion is waiting". Like why bother making that something you can earn if you actually don't. Even just omitting the champ on refights or having some variation of "<character name>! I'm here to reclaim my title!".

Yes this has bothered me since RBY

Nobody ever said it was a Title match to be that region's champion. It's just for the rights to be a Pokemon League(tm) Champion and you get a cheap 10 pokedollar plastic certificate with a cheap mass produced mug that says "I'M A CHAMP"

Read the fine print.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

when you defeat the champ you are added to the hall of fame. but since your character is a child, you most likely opt out of standing in the champion's chamber and instead keep your label of Champion but continue to go on adventures. Blue chose otherwise because he really wanted to be a douche. anyways that's my headcanon

You can stay and be a champion, or leave and be a hermit master

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zuzie posted:

Pretty sure that on routes where Flabebe is found, the kind of Flabebe is found in the corresponding flower patch. Reds in red patches, Yellows in yellow patches, Blues in purple patches. Oranges are found in all patches, but are pretty rare (but not as rare as white ones).
Yeah, turns out Bulbapedia had the frequencies. Thirty percent for the color of the patch, 4% for orange and 1% for white in any grass on the route, even non-flower.

Got the orange super quickly but haven't gotten a white yet. Boo.

Thought I'd use the GTS, but it turns out you can't sort by form and also everyone wants like a Hoopa or some poo poo. Any goon with a spare one?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 12, 2016

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
all yall motherfuckers inspired me to build a Living Pokedex within my Pokebank so I'm working on that. Most of the work was already done for me in Gen 4 when i last completed a Dex (not a living dex tho). So... yeah. This is the project i'm dedicated to now.

Anyone have Skrelp/Dragalge for trade? Also, I think the Aromatisse line?

For reference, I have basically 100%'d Pokemon X in terms of gameplay and plot and stuff (not pokedex wise), but I'm at the beginning of OR.

Edit: Friend code is 4871-8062-7071

If we have been friends before, my code changed when i got a fresh 3DS XL console (the old one suffered water damage, RIP)

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 12, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I got an Foongus who turned into Amoonguss he's my best mushroom child.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
CoroCoro finally leaked:

Rockruff's evolution looks different depending on whether it evolves during the day or at night:

Two new Ultra Beasts (Expansion is exclusive to Sun and Beauty is exclusive to Moon)

And a look at the new season of the anime:

Dunban fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 12, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rockruff's evo needs to eat more.

Also beauty looks sorta like that other Aether woman:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

holy poo poo that mosquito

im gonna use edgy dog with staraptor

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Well that's Ultra Beasts are people theory pretty much confirmed.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It says Ash is going to school. I wonder what that means, or why I care since I don't watch the show anyway.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Rockruff's day evo will be my powerful new friend

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Expansion is loving ripped :eyepop:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dunban posted:

CoroCoro finally leaked:

Rockruff's evolution looks different depending on whether it evolves during the day or at night:

omg it evolves into my oc, and my oc's four-legged form

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

So Aether Foundation is all but confirmed for turning people into UBs/Attuning UB to people cause that Beauty one looks a like Aether Leader Woman in stance.

Can't wait to get MY Ultra Beast form so I can fight these guys and finally become Poke Kamen Rider.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that's a buff mosquito and a pretty roach

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i will catch ub02 and you cannot stop me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggington posted:

i will catch ub02 and you cannot stop me.

I think it can though. Have you seen those muscles?!?!?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Buffsquito is powerful. It can flex for days.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Serena stans around the world are currently hurling themselves into the ocean because of that poster for the next anime season. What a glorious day.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Interestingly, CoroCoro doesn't reveal the type of Rockruff's evo. Nothing about it makes it seem like a Rock type, but then again Rockruff doesn't exactly look like a typical Rock type either.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

day dog has stalactites in its mane

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ruggington posted:

day dog has stalactites in its mane

Oh, you're right.

I wonder if night dog is gonna be Dark type, maybe in addition to Rock.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I think Rockruff's night evo (Nightwolf) is supposed to resemble a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dunban posted:

I wonder if night dog is gonna be Dark type, maybe in addition to Rock.

Almost definitely gonna be dark.

For some reason I thought the evolution method would be something new.