Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Kibayasu posted:

Of course there will a quarian or two. My guess for geth is that one will sneak its way along.

Where did this 600 petabyte server come from? It's not in the cargo manifest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
That or there is an ai race that is totally chill proving once more that the reapers were dumb.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Kibayasu posted:

Of course there will a quarian or two. My guess for geth is that one will sneak its way along.

It would be crazy for them not to, especially as one Geth platform could carry so many members of its species.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
If they are smart, they'll have the bad guys be synthetic life that killed most of the organic life in the galaxy, thus proving the catalyst right the whole time.

And if they were really smart they'd give you an elcor squadmate.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Milky Moor posted:

There's going to be quarians and geth on the Arks. It's Bioware. Can you imagine the backlash if they didn't include two of the most popular races?

One of the questions in the leaked survey was something like "which two races would you be most OK with not seeing in Andromeda?" and I don't think they included Elcor and the like in the answers

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
The Hammerhead/Mako will be replaced mid game by an armed, rideable Elcor herd.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

rocket_350 posted:

Where did this 600 petabyte server come from? It's not in the cargo manifest.

It'll be hidden away in a gambling machine.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

It'll be hidden away in a gambling machine.

the Towers of Hanoi machine from Citadel would be the ultimate camouflage

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

My Q-Face posted:

"Desperately: Pathfinder, will you help me resolve an issue with my sire?"

Good god, even the vehicles will start having daddy issues.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Psion posted:

the Towers of Hanoi machine from Citadel would be the ultimate camouflage

Hidden behind one of the water pitcher puzzles. Also maybe a fill in the missing operator puzzle just to be safe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hobbesmaster posted:

Hidden behind one of the water pitcher puzzles. Also maybe a fill in the missing operator puzzle just to be safe.

"Geth do not intentionally infiltrate, we just like hiding out in lovely games nobody wants to play" -- Multitude, your ME:A geth squadmate

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007
and don't call me shirley.

My Q-Face posted:

Well the codex entries for the Elcor do say that they carry heavy weapons on their backs when they fight. Maybe this isn't 100% ridiculous.

Thinking about it, I feel like BioWare missed out on an opportunity for some really nasty mini-boss fights against indoctrinated Elcor.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

From here:
http://andrewryanart.deviantart.com/art/Reaper-Elcor-Volus-Unit-307453453

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
When did they mention that Andromeda is in the far future?

Also, are we going to have The Loneliest Hanar?

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

When did they mention that Andromeda is in the far future?

I have no source to back this up, but this is probably 'far future' just by virtue of the fact that it takes them a really long time to get to Andromeda.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Based on how fast the drives of Citadel ships are, assuming it left prior to the end of ME3, it would take over 500 years to reach Andromeda.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The ME ships achieved those speeds with a dense network of fueling stations. Fueling was supposed to be a limitation that left lots of our galaxy unexplored except by proximity to mass relays.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

alienhunter3 posted:

I have no source to back this up, but this is probably 'far future' just by virtue of the fact that it takes them a really long time to get to Andromeda.

Poking around, it seems to have come up in interviews.

Glixel posted:

Walters: I think you can infer that the voyage and the effort to do this is not a task that anyone would've taken lightly. If you think about a process where you go to sleep and then 600 years later you wake up, but for you no time has passed, the last thing you'd think before you go to sleep is "are we going to make it? Am I going to survive this? Will the ship just implode somewhere along the way? So we actually wanted to capture that moment of "oh my god, we're here!" That's really where this story begins.

IGN posted:

"We had a lot of different ideas when we started on early concepts for what we wanted to do with the next Mass Effect game," BioWare Creative Director Mac Walters told IGN. " I think, aside from the fact that we said the Mass Effect trilogy was a trilogy for Shepard’s story, which we have concluded, we were very careful to make sure that big choices like that [the Mass Effect 3 finale] wouldn’t impact your decisions.

He continued, "From that, you can probably infer the timing of when they [the Andromeda explorers] left, to a certain degree." Walters couldn't yet share the full details, but he did say the game will take place "hundreds of years" after Mass Effect 3.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Reading that, I wonder if there won't be a new ME3 DLC about the ark: Departure

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

My Q-Face posted:

Reading that, I wonder if there won't be a new ME3 DLC about the ark: Departure

That would be super cool, especially as it could show the backstory for how Cerberus agents infiltrated the ark to explain why Cerberus are in Andromeda too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If ME:A has a geth it drat well better be a romance option.

Same if the Mako has a talking computer.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
As long as there's some big chunky alien as a gay romance option I don't care what the rest of you weirdos get

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hedrigall posted:

As long as there's some big chunky alien as a gay romance option I don't care what the rest of you weirdos get

Krogans!

(I wanted to do James! Stupid straight characters :argh:)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pattonesque posted:

if it's at the start of the Reaper War there's likely no Quarians and definitely no Batarians or Geth in the arks

..and so nothing of value was lost.

Anyway, bring on the adventures of Super Space Siblings Richard and Honey. Even if the overall story's garbage, the gameplay and character interactions will likely be great. More Vanguard, more tech power combos, more singularities hoovering up everything not nailed down within a 20 yard radius? Groovy.

Now I think about it, someone really needs to do a space RPG in the style of The Fifth Element/nutso French comic novellas. Pure farce x glorious aesthetics, mmmmm.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

Ryder: Weird, I thought they stopped putting cigarette lighters and stick shifts in vehicles centuries ago.

Mako: That's not what those are.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Hedrigall posted:

https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/773606214416601088

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/773607504232054784

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Ryder: Weird, I thought they stopped putting cigarette lighters and stick shifts in vehicles centuries ago.

Mako: That's not what those are.

It is the original mako from ME1 and everything it knows about romance, it learned from Wrex.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Ryder's ark ship is going to have some kind of malfunction that causes the entire crew to remain in cryostasis for 100 years after their planned arrival time so when you get to Andromeda, the galaxy is already populated with all the meme races you've come to know and love so it's like you never left! Oh and look the settlers before you found The Fortress, an ancient galactic hub of unknown origin, and unlocked some of the Big Volleys for instant travel around the galaxy. They were believed to have been built by the Firsteans, a technologically advanced civilization that suddenly disappeared many years ago, but after uncovering some ruins at a Firstean digsite, Ryder and the crew are led to believe their technology may be of more sinister origin...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Looking forward to this GOTY

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

exquisite tea posted:

Ryder's ark ship is going to have some kind of malfunction that causes the entire crew to remain in cryostasis for 100 years after their planned arrival time so when you get to Andromeda, the galaxy is already populated with all the meme races you've come to know and love so it's like you never left! Oh and look the settlers before you found The Fortress, an ancient galactic hub of unknown origin, and unlocked some of the Big Volleys for instant travel around the galaxy. They were believed to have been built by the Firsteans, a technologically advanced civilization that suddenly disappeared many years ago, but after uncovering some ruins at a Firstean digsite, Ryder and the crew are led to believe their technology may be of more sinister origin...

I, for one, think that this Mass Effect game will be

good.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

How's this for a hot take: ME:A will be good AND I didn't have a problem with ME3's ending.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

DancingShade posted:

Bring back the lady from Mech Warrior 2 to do the Mako's voice-over.

cf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FxVPdk0IN0

:fap:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Vitamin P posted:

That would be super cool, especially as it could show the backstory for how Cerberus agents infiltrated the ark to explain why Cerberus are in Andromeda too.

Lol, no doubt. As I think about it, it's probably the first ME4 DLC and it will feature Shepard. You know, as a "love letter to the fans"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

As a side, Shepard's actor will be twelve years older and fatter.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

As long as you get a Firstean squadmate in ME:A3 that talks about foreign primitives AND you can bang it (obviously it will have both male and female sexy parts) I'm cool with the blatant Babylon 5 ripoff you described above.

alienhunter3
Aug 23, 2007

wookieepelt posted:

As long as you get a Firstean squadmate in ME:A3 that talks about foreign primitives AND you can bang it (obviously it will have both male and female sexy parts) I'm cool with the blatant Babylon 5 ripoff you described above.

The plot twist will be that you (the player character) are the Firstean.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
So if there are Geth in MEA, wouldn't that technically mean Legion could have survived the trip if were assuming they left before the events on Rannoch?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

This is what Mass Effect fans (and developers) actually care about now, and why the game will be garbage.

The "fandom" has even taken over this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

sassassin posted:

This is what Mass Effect fans (and developers) actually care about now, and why the game will be garbage.

The "fandom" has even taken over this thread.

Call the waaaaahmbulance.

• Locked thread