Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh my god

quote:

If Trump is unequivocally more flawed than his opponent, that should be plenty evident to the voting public come November. But it should be evident from the kinds of facts that bold and dogged reporting unearths, not from journalists being encouraged to impose their own values to tip the scale.

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

woke wedding drone posted:

It might have given her an excuse to skip the memorial and rest, which however much the media obsessed about it probably would have looked better than her stumbling and wobbling in public.
Ehhh, I dunno about that. If Clinton had decided to skip the commemoration this morning, even with a valid excuse, the Republicans would have been all over that poo poo--either claiming that she wasn't really sick, or claiming that someone who really cared about the victims of 9/11 would have shown up anyway regardless of illness. Honestly I think this was the best way it could've gone, since now she doesn't have to pretend that everything is fine.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Necc0 posted:

oh my god

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Listen, if journalists pay attention to the overall tone of the media, well might as well just stop reporting.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009
Such short memories. One of the common themes around here in 2008 was McCain's health and how it could affect his presidency. Now that topic is off limits and only for nutjobs?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Ehhh, I dunno about that. If Clinton had decided to skip the commemoration this morning, even with a valid excuse, the Republicans would have been all over that poo poo--either claiming that she wasn't really sick, or claiming that someone who really cared about the victims of 9/11 would have shown up anyway regardless of illness. Honestly I think this was the best way it could've gone, since now she doesn't have to pretend that everything is fine.

Remember too that Hillary was the Senator for New York on 9/11. She made a big part of her career in Congress dealing with the fallout of that, whether it was Iraq or fighting for benefits for first responders. She literally is a part of the history of 9/11 and basically has to go to that commemoration regardless of whatever she'd like to be doing that day.

Edit: McCain's health only mattered because he picked a blatant lunatic as his running mate. Hillary picked somebody who could actually handle being President, so her hypothetically dying in office is irrelevant.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nate Silver actually tweeted some good points on the Hillary Clinton incident today. Basically he said that while her poll numbers will (or are) drop(ping) from this, Trump would be wise to not react to this, or overreach. If he does, it'll come back to bite him in the rear end (as he's not the pinnacle of great health either). Furthermore, if Hillary were to drop out of the race, that would probably spell massive trouble for Trump, as people would most likely be way less hesitant to vote for Kaine/Sanders/Biden. He also went on to say that while it can turn out badly for Clinton, if Trump decides to open his mouth about it, it'll probably backfire on him.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

NathanScottPhillips posted:

Such short memories. One of the common themes around here in 2008 was McCain's health and how it could affect his presidency. Now that topic is off limits and only for nutjobs?

All the stuff about McCain's health was just because he was old. That line of attack doesn't really work in this election because both candidates are old. However, nobody thought that McCain was secretly hiding massive health problems for nefarious reasons, but the right believes that Hillary is doing that very thing.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

If Trump fainted in the heat we'd all go crazy about it.

I don't think it will have much of an effect on the outcome, but I do know that the next two months is going to get even more annoying.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Pakled posted:

All the stuff about McCain's health was just because he was old. That line of attack doesn't really work in this election because both candidates are old. However, nobody thought that McCain was secretly hiding massive health problems for nefarious reasons, but the right believes that Hillary is doing that very thing.

He also had significantly more wear on him than Hillary Clinton does, to be fair - time spent at war is a lot different than time spent in an office as far as what it does to you.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

John McCain, in 2008, was 4 years older than Hillary is now and chose someone not adequately qualified to be president as his vice president. The issue was never, "McCain is old and sick so therefore he shouldn't be president," it was, "holy poo poo, Sarah Palin is going to be in charge if the 72 year old former PoW dies in office."

It would not have been an issue if John McCain hadn't put the idea into everybody's head by picking who he picked for VP.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i hope hillary dies so kim tane can be president

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

I don't think it will have much of an effect on the outcome, but I do know that the next two months is going to get even more annoying.

Maybe that's because Trump is a psycho fascist.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: McCain's health only mattered because he picked a blatant lunatic as his running mate. Hillary picked somebody who could actually handle being President, so her hypothetically dying in office is irrelevant.
POTUS dying in office: "irrelevant."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
trump is the buckley of our day, in that he is literally a fascist

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

corn in the bible posted:

i hope hillary dies so kim tane can be president

Computer, generate "nude tane."

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Old James posted:

Bill is going to read her a tale about Princess Buttercup, her beloved Humperdink, and the pirate who tried to ruin their happiness

What about the mysterious swashbuckler and his pursuit of the short-fingered man?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

ErIog posted:

John McCain, in 2008, was 4 years older than Hillary is now and chose someone not adequately qualified to be president as his vice president. The issue was never, "McCain is old and sick so therefore he shouldn't be president," it was, "holy poo poo, Sarah Palin is going to be in charge if the 72 year old former PoW dies in office."

It would not have been an issue if John McCain hadn't put the idea into everybody's head by picking who he picked for VP.
So a 68 year old who suffered a traumatic brain injury, has uncontrollable coughing fits, and now apparently is diagnosed with pneumonia doesn't raise any concerns with you?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Would Tim Kaine be a better President than Trump?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

So a 68 year old who suffered a traumatic brain injury, has uncontrollable coughing fits, and now apparently is diagnosed with pneumonia doesn't raise any concerns with you?

The concerns I have over Hillary's health are about 1/1000th as big as the concerns I have over Trump's mental health, personally.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No, mysterious poster who never posted in this thread before and showed up only to post about Hillary Clinton's health, it doesn't.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Man, I wouldn't trust a 68 yr old or a 70 yr old with important national emergency decisions at 3 am.

vvvvv e: hahaha, what the hell are you talking about vvvvv

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 12, 2016

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, watching Clinton get swiftboated like this is really impressive. I hate the GOP, but damned if they're not good at politics.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey guys, FashGoku1488 here to voice my legitimate concerns regarding Hillary Clinton being a hive of disease

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yes, it is. You know who you get if she dies, it's not like if she dies we spin a loving wheel to decide who takes her place. John McCain is still alive 8 years later, after all. Hillary could die tomorrow, or die in 15 years. The point is that she still statistically has at least a presidential term of life in her and a competent replacement if she does die. The notion that "gee, Hillary seems like she might die in office, better pick the cheeto fascist instead :downs:" makes any sense is preposterous.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Just as a reminder, while Trump will never be elected. If he is and if he died, the world will say hello to President Mike Pence; George W Bush perfected

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Like for real Hillary's health doesn't matter because if you think she's better/Trump is worse, that continues to be true regardless of how long she'll actually hold the office. Same with whether or not Trump is better or worse than Tim Kaine.

Anybody "worried about Hillary's health" and using it as an excuse to vote for Trump is just too much of a chickenshit to admit they just want Trump to win. Grow a spine and own your vote, assholes.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'd be funny if we got '68 all over again. I thought that shitstorm was going to come from the Republicans this time around.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Hey guys - you think Putin had anything to do with this? hosed up that russian interference in american politics has gone so far that he could get away with giving presidential candidates pneumonia.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Putin keeps loving up releasing the new small pox strain somewhere not Siberia.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Pakled posted:

The concerns I have over Hillary's health are about 1/1000th as big as the concerns I have over Trump's mental health, personally.
My concerns over Trumps health are 1/1000th the size of my concerns about the direction our country is headed.

Everyone calls Trump the fascist when we all know for a fact Clinton sabotaged the democratic process using backroom deals in order to cement herself as the nominee. That's fascism by its purest definition.

Trump is a monkey wrench I want to throw into those gears rather than let the machine continue on for another 8 depressing years.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

I'd be funny if we got '68 all over again. I thought that shitstorm was going to come from the Republicans this time around.

invoking 1968 to describe this election is the quickest way to out yourself as an idiot who wants to sound significant

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Anybody "worried about Hillary's health" and using it as an excuse to vote for Trump is just too much of a chickenshit to admit they just want Trump to win. Grow a spine and own your vote, assholes.

That is kind of the unspoken statement isn't it? Anyhow, it's pneumonia. :abuela: will prob be fine after like 3 days.

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

That's true, but allow me to offer a counterpoint: Donald Trump fainting in the heat because he was too busy screaming about how Mexicans are rapists is funny as gently caress. Hillary doing so while giving a speech on 9/11 is just sad.
Like real talk, if McCain fainted like this I'd feel bad for the guy. Not cause SARAH PALIN but just cause he doesn't seem like a bad guy. I'd have a beer with John McCain. Even when he's giving the republican rear end in a top hat policy speech, he was still presidential and affable. Trump is not.

To be fair, I wouldn't pity Romney either. Dumb motherfucker is so out of touch he'd probably catch the bubonic plague somehow.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Yes, it is. You know who you get if she dies, it's not like if she dies we spin a loving wheel to decide who takes her place. John McCain is still alive 8 years later, after all. Hillary could die tomorrow, or die in 15 years. The point is that she still statistically has at least a presidential term of life in her and a competent replacement if she does die. The notion that "gee, Hillary seems like she might die in office, better pick the cheeto fascist instead :downs:" makes any sense is preposterous.

Yes and John McCain had no health issues ever in his entire time in government except for not being able to raise his hands above his head because the Vietcong tied him to bamboo. Hillary obviously has health problems, but don't talk about them! Look over here!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

My concerns over Trumps health are 1/1000th the size of my concerns about the direction our country is headed.

Everyone calls Trump the fascist when we all know for a fact Clinton sabotaged the democratic process using backroom deals in order to cement herself as the nominee. That's fascism by its purest definition.

Trump is a monkey wrench I want to throw into those gears rather than let the machine continue on for another 8 depressing years.

That is most certainly not fascism by any definition and Clinton won more votes in the primaries than Sanders did. Also gently caress your accelerationism, it's really easy to say "destroy the system no matter what the cost" when that cost is going to be exacted primarily upon people who aren't you (immigrants, nonwhites, women, poors, etc).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Actually that power is a god given right guaranteed by the constitution and the only right more important is the right to Free Speech. Yes owning a gun gives a person extreme power, and that shows what an amazing country we live in where the government trusts its people with such individual power, and not only trusts them but protects that right. I believe that if you don't know how to use a gun and have no interest in learning, then you don't even trust yourself with this power and if you want to take it away from others then you are an eternal pessimist.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Just as a reminder, while Trump will never be elected. If he is and if he died, the world will say hello to President Mike Pence; George W Bush perfected

In other words we don't know who would be running a Pence presidency until he nominated a VP?

Say what you will about dubya, he never talked casually about nuking people on the campaign trail.

Edit: autocorrecting nuking to biking... Hmmmm

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 12, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo are you an 8-bit rereg? Your posting is :shobon: as gently caress

hobbesmaster posted:

In other words we don't know who would be running a Pence presidency until he nominated a VP?

Say what you will about dubya, he never talked casually about biking people on the campaign trail.

I was gonna say that he'd be the perfect puppet for the GOP's dipshit policies, but now that you mention it, yeah! That too.

VV Also accurate.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 12, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The difference between McCain and Clinton is that we were worried what might happen if McCain dies, while they're worried about what will happen if Clinton doesn't.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I would love to see these "facts" she got more votes then Bernie deal with it. Where do you think the country is headed and how will Trump make it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Pakled posted:

That is most certainly not fascism by any definition and Clinton won more votes in the primaries than Sanders did. Also gently caress your accelerationism, it's really easy to say "destroy the system no matter what the cost" when that cost is going to be exacted primarily upon people who aren't you (immigrants, nonwhites, women, poors, etc).
Firstly you can't say "no it's not" without backing it up with reasoning. Bypassing democracy to gain power through authoritarian means is fascism, thanks.

Secondly, that cost will be taken regardless. Unless I've missed something, those groups have always been marginalized and Hillary uses them as pawns whenever convenient and tosses then aside when politically fruitful. Let's be real.

• Locked thread