Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
when u think about it, this election bears shades of the pivotal election of 1968, except for how it isnt anything like 1968 at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Hahaha yes of course, the defining aspect of fascism, using backroom deals to sabotage democracy and get yourself in power.

Who can forget that famous speech by Mussolini: "Fascism can only begin in smoke filled rooms, we definitely shouldn't march on Rome or anything"

And of course Hitler's favorite line: "the democratic process in Germany had absolutely nothing to do with my rise to power"

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

I would love to see these "facts" she got more votes then Bernie deal with it. Where do you think the country is headed and how will Trump make it better.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned because she was involved in a fascist authoritarian conspiracy.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
McCain being just peaches and cream 8 years later doesn't account one iota of the pressure surrounding the office of the President.

I mean, maybe this last year is notable, because I'm sure that Ted Cruz caused the guy a lot of headaches and ulcers.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

NathanScottPhillips posted:

Firstly you can't say "no it's not" without backing it up with reasoning. Bypassing democracy to gain power through authoritarian means is fascism, thanks.

Secondly, that cost will be taken regardless. Unless I've missed something, those groups have always been marginalized and Hillary uses them as pawns whenever convenient and tosses then aside when politically fruitful. Let's be real.

You've shown 0 evidence for many wild claims, maybe you should start first with the "backing it up with reasoning". Hillary has been fighting for women/minority rights since her early 20s do you think she's been doing this as some sort of secret plot for 40-50 years?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned because she was involved in a fascist authoritarian conspiracy.

a fascist authoritarian conspiracy to send emails

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

What conspiracy? What exactly did she do and how was Hillary involved?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The Will to CC, by Leni Reifenstahl

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Firstly you can't say "no it's not" without backing it up with reasoning. Bypassing democracy to gain power through authoritarian means is fascism, thanks.

Secondly, that cost will be taken regardless. Unless I've missed something, those groups have always been marginalized and Hillary uses them as pawns whenever convenient and tosses then aside when politically fruitful. Let's be real.

I'd argue that she gained the nomination fairly and democratically, considering

But fascism is more than just authoritarianism. If it was just that, then Stalin and Louis XIV would be considered fascist. There are a lot of definitions of fascism, but Umberto Eco's is perhaps the most useful.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

a fascist authoritarian conspiracy to send emails
This is the failure of America in the modern age. Everyone is a lawyer, no one is honest.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Pakled posted:

I'd argue that she gained the nomination fairly and democratically, considering

But fascism is more than just authoritarianism. If it was just that, then Stalin and Louis XIV would be considered fascist. There are a lot of definitions of fascism, but Umberto Eco's is perhaps the most useful.

The conspiracy against Sanders started before he entered the running. How can you say anything about the past 2 years was in anyway an honest contest?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This is the failure of America in the modern age. Everyone is a lawyer, no one is honest.

What is the honest truth then I would like to know if you could just provide some sort of evidence or anything to your claim beyond "because I said so" or "it's just true everyone knows it"

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
Hillary will steal the election by threatening to cough on anyone who votes for Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the superior, volkisch aesthetic of Yaas Khaleesi memes and Katy Perry songs will crush the foes that have arrayed against us

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

one would think youd be thrilled about the election of Hillary Clinton, the first brain-damaged president, on account of identifying with her

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

One Party, One Conspiracy, One Bernie

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
Backroom Bacteria

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Mystery Goomba posted:

Hillary will steal the election by threatening to cough on anyone who votes for Trump.

Poz my neg poll

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

What is the honest truth then I would like to know if you could just provide some sort of evidence or anything to your claim beyond "because I said so" or "it's just true everyone knows it"

Yes it is common knowledge that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned because she , as the head of the DNC, lead a conspiracy to favor Clinton in the nomination before the race even started.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The conspiracy against Sanders started before he entered the running. How can you say anything about the past 2 years was in anyway an honest contest?

You're confusing "unfair" with "was less popular in a popularity contest"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

I'm glad that you can describe yourself so well.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Yes it is common knowledge that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned because she , as the head of the DNC, lead a conspiracy to favor Clinton in the nomination before the race even started.

What did this conspiracy entail?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That is both not common knowledge and is not supported by any evidence.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

You understand that using the phrase "it is common knowledge" isn't actually the same thing as evidence, right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trump is a monkey wrench I want to throw into those gears rather than let the machine continue on for another 8 depressing years.

Just remember that every Muslim-American that is murdered by a Trump supporter will be a sacrifice for your desire to be a cool anti-establishment teenager.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The fact Bernie made it so far instead of just being a joke token alternative is good.

But even as a supporter of his, hearing how The Corrupt 1% Needed To... Kind of got repetitive. He needed some minority identity politics stuff in there. Mmmm some delicious immigration justice, some anti structural racism talk, and other broader points about social ills not revolving around economics.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

You don't understand how voting works, do you? Whoever gets the most, wins, and Hillary got the most votes. Does this clear up the issue for you?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[me, emerging from an enormous cloud of vape smoke for the first time in three years] whoa politics is pretty hosed up! time to smash the system, i guess

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

The fact Bernie made it so far instead of just being a joke token alternative is good.

But even as a supporter of his, hearing how The Corrupt 1% Needed To... Kind of got repetitive. He needed some minority identity politics stuff in there. Mmmm some delicious immigration justice, some anti structural racism talk, and other broader points about social ills not revolving around economics.

https://youtu.be/BGRAonpLeQg?t=34s

In retrospect yeah this isn't a message that can sustain a candidate through a full year of campaigning.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
Guys, guys i just had an idea... what if we make things better... by making them worse first??

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

[me, emerging from an enormous cloud of vape smoke for the first time in three years] whoa politics is pretty hosed up! time to smash the system, i guess

Wtf!!! I voted for someone, and they didn't win! It's rigged!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
funny how these accelerationists have determined that the guy trafficking in unabashed white identity politics is just the man needed to destroy the corrupt status quo

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

potato of destiny posted:

Guys, guys i just had an idea... what if we make things better... by making them worse first??

Kids, get your parents to buy you a PS4 Pro by breaking the PS4 you have now. :smugdon:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

funny how these accelerationists have determined that the guy trafficking in unabashed white identity politics is just the man needed to destroy the corrupt status quo

I just care about minorities so much, that I think we should vote for the candidate the racists are all extremely excited about.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hey you might be on to something there Potato of Destiny. Are you perhaps familiar with the Speculative Fiction epic entitled "Foundation"? It proposes that calculated events which, at the time are negative, work to ensure humanity's 10,000 year dark ages are confined to a modest 1,200 years. Perhaps we can adapt this model to serve our current partisan political landscape. Hmmm, yes. :Tips Fedora:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think things need to change.
*lights everything on fire*
Yep, things are now definitely different from how they were a minute ago. I only make good life choices.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

What did this conspiracy entail?
It entailed the DNC leadership taking direct, planned, and targeted steps to undermine other nominees and boost Clinton at the same time. This process included a spirit of deceit and hostility towards other nominees, especially Sanders, within the DNC.

The most obvious signs of this were revealed by Wikileaks in a massive document dump. Some of these emails prove that the DNC leaked letters from Sanders that were sent in confidence under the guise of DNC neutrality. The DNC also tried to smear Sanders' religious beliefs by spreading rumors that he was atheist. The DNC also spread rumors about how Sanders campaign was disorganized.

And finally the DNC's new chairperson apologized to Sanders over the controversy

After Debbie Wasserman-Schultz resigned from her position for corruption she was immediately hired by the Clinton campaign. None of this is enough to prove guilt in the courtroom, but it is in the court of public opinion. Remember what I said about everyone trying to be a lawyer these days?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
McCain had skin cancer in case you don't remember.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SSNeoman posted:

Just as a reminder, while Trump will never be elected. If he is and if he died, the world will say hello to President Mike Pence; George W Bush perfected

I would rather have two more terms of George W Bush than one term of Mike Pence.

I would rather have two terms of Tim Kaine as shadow president to a debilitated Hillary, followed by two terms of Tim Kaine as Actual President, than two terms of Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

You obviously don't know much about real estate.

Well, he has destroyed the Republican party. Half-way done!

• Locked thread