Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My favorite part was when they were combing Felix's chest hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"I don't even want to punch the baby, I just want everyone to be mad at me," is a great new motto for Cum Town.

The reveal that Seth Dickfield is a former white supremacist is insane.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

"I don't even want to punch the baby, I just want everyone to be mad at me," is a great new motto for Cum Town.

The reveal that Seth Dickfield is a former white supremacist is insane.

That racism poo poo, he's DONE with it!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:siren: http://thetrap.fm/ :siren:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Obscure joke in the page source:

code:
<!-- greetz to https://thetrap.fm/img/silkroadtakedown.png -->

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

Slanderer posted:

Obscure joke in the page source:

code:
<!-- greetz to [url]https://thetrap.fm/img/silkroadtakedown.png[/url] -->

also found there:
<p class="rozhdestvo">Том Бради невин</p>

...which means "Tom Brady innocent" in Russian according to google translate.

and I guess "Rozhdestvo" means Christmas but the significance of that is lost on me

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Episode 39 is great, I never knew anything about that John Wayne movie til now

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SousaphoneColossus posted:

also found there:
<p class="rozhdestvo">Том Бради невин</p>

...which means "Tom Brady innocent" in Russian according to google translate.

and I guess "Rozhdestvo" means Christmas but the significance of that is lost on me

lol

also this is good

http://splitsider.com/2016/09/explaining-the-chapo-trap-house-podcast-to-the-uninitiated/

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo Heads want universal free bus fare (no means testing!) so they can save more money to finally get headboards

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/774026882966777856

So Felix is tweeting for HRC? Not a good look.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

emdash posted:

Episode 39 is great, I never knew anything about that John Wayne movie til now

The one where everyone got cancer?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

moller posted:

The one where everyone got cancer?

Yeah, The Conqueror

Peace Frog
Oct 7, 2009
Any other subscribers having trouble accessing earlier soundcloud episodes? I just get a track cannot be found error.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Truly, the Mongols were the original Dexy's Midnight Runners.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Man, Arthur Chu is a fat jackass

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Today's Chapo was interesting, especially their talk on the Denis Ross pro Saudi article, but I feel like they didn't really hit the nail on the head of why the Dennis Ross article is bullshit, the thing is that many of the silicon valley pitches about Saudi Arabia moving forward with progress has been a theme for at least a decade, The way the country itself is constructed is antithetical to any real socio-economic development and no amount of hair brained schemes is ever going to keep up with the fact that the people in power are also the same people who compete in the economy. How the gently caress is a Saudi businessman or entrepreneur supposed to really become innovative and rich if the guy he's competing with for a government contract is a prince who owns multiple companies who happen to service the same government agency his uncle is the minister for?!

Or even better, let's take for example the crown jewel of The previous King, KAUST. This is a grad school that has the worlds 15th most powerful supercomputer in the world, and was a major focus of a big fuss about how awesome it was and how it will push the kingdom forward. The thing is that it's an island, Not only that but most of the students there are Chinese and Mexicans, with Saudis only being 30% of the student body. How the gently caress is the country going to push forward if this high end university is going to just be somewhere that foreign students do their research and just take their findings back to their home countries? Since there's no loving way any of them will be able or would want to use their findings and patents and stuff to invent and build businesses and tech firms and remain in Saudi Arabia given how it's almost impossible to get legal status or how miserable life can be outside of compounds or how loving lovely the small business environment is for anything that isn't a fast food joint.

And stuff like that.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 12, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mods namechange to Saudi Anime Prince tia

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Too lazy to find it, but I remember that there was at least one poster in this thread complaining/concerned about Chapo having no black guests. Well, it took 40 episodes, but Greg Howard is black and the guest for this week's show.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I love when black people are commodified and used as tools to rate white people

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
this is probably old hat, but I feel it is very relevant to the Chapoverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I thought this was going to be millenial trash to pair with other ([insert thing that has always existed] + [social media] = new edgy thing) garbage like "Weird Twitter", which is just run-of-the-mill absurdist humour in 140 characters. Forums broke me. I hate the internet and everyone on it.

However, after listening to a few episodes I'm sold.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Noam Chomsky posted:

I thought this was going to be snake person trash to pair with other ([insert thing that has always existed] + [social media] = new edgy thing) garbage like "Weird Twitter", which is just run-of-the-mill absurdist humour in 140 characters. Forums broke me. I hate the internet and everyone on it.

However, after listening to a few episodes I'm sold.

choam nomsky

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fatherboxx posted:

choam nomsky

more like gnome choomsky

also millennials are for sure snake people

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Kill all boomers and gen xers imho tbqh

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Thom and the Heads posted:

Kill all boomers and gen xers imho tbqh

nah. hatred of generation z will unite us all.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ghouls, Jackals, Toadies, Snake People and Goblins

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Ghouls, Jackals, Toadies, Snake People and Goblins

mostly goblins

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Noam Chomsky posted:

Forums broke me. I hate the internet and everyone on it.

The trap house is the forums in podcast form. That's why I like it.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx
Peak Chapo https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/775351492840685569

"Sure, sure 40+% of the country wants to vote for white nationalism but clearly the REAL story of this election is addressing the bombing of Cambodia"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's more of a "hoard of orcs VS. a powerful dark wizard" scenario

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
hey not every at-bat is a home run

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Jeremy posted:

The trap house is the forums in podcast form. That's why I like it.

same tbh

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Okonner posted:

Peak Chapo https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/775351492840685569

"Sure, sure 40+% of the country wants to vote for white nationalism but clearly the REAL story of this election is addressing the bombing of Cambodia"

actually this tweet is good as hell

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Comparing politics to some Game of Thrones poo poo? Get back to The Fix Cilizza!

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Furthermore if I was gaming this out in D&D terms a horde of weak enemies gets more crits than a single high-level enemy so I'll take the wizard on anytime.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Okonner posted:

Furthermore if I was gaming this out in D&D terms a horde of weak enemies gets more crits than a single high-level enemy so I'll take the wizard on anytime.

http://www.orbisrpg.co.uk/Planescape/players_handbook.pdf

quote:

Overbearing

Sometimes the most effective attack is simply to pull an opponent down by sheer
numbers. No attempt is made to gain a particular hold or even to harm the victim. The
only concern is to pin and restrain him.

To overbear an opponent, a normal attack roll is made. For every level of size
difference (1 if a Large attacker takes on a Medium defender, for example), the attack roll
is modified by 4 (+4 if the attacker is larger; -4 if the defender is larger).

The defender also gains a benefit if it has more than two legs: a -2 penalty to the
attacker's roll for every leg beyond two. There is no penalty to the defender if it has no
legs. A lone orc attempting to pull down a horse and rider would have at least a -8
penalty applied to the attack roll (-4 for size and -4 for the horse's four legs).
If the attack succeeds, the opponent is pulled down. A character can be pinned if
further successful overbearing attacks are rolled each round. For pinning purposes, do not
use the prone modifier to combat (from Table 51).

If multiple attackers are all attempting to pull down a single target, make only one
attack roll with a +1 bonus for each attacker beyond the first. Always use the to-hit
number of the weakest attacker to figure the chance of success, since cooperation always
depends on the weakest link. Modifiers for size should be figured for the largest attacker
of the group.

A giant and three pixies attempting to pull down a man would use the pixies' attack
roll, modified by +3 for three extra attackers and +8 for the size difference of the giant
(Huge) and the man (Medium).

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
classic Dig

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Pellisworth posted:

this is probably old hat, but I feel it is very relevant to the Chapoverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

You could probably do Six Degrees with Neil Cicierga and those Chapo Boys pretty easy.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh, easily: Felix has done stuff with Dan O'Sullivan, who is followed by Ian JQ (Works as a director on a bunch of Cartoon Network pieces), who has met both the Cicierga Silibings.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Too lazy to find it, but I remember that there was at least one poster in this thread complaining/concerned about Chapo having no black guests. Well, it took 40 episodes, but Greg Howard is black and the guest for this week's show.

Oh hell yeah. Greg Howard owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Extra features for this episode:

7th Floor Crew Rap by University of Miami football players Greg Olsen, Jon Beason, Darnell Jenkins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujKxpAvLKg

Dan Gilbert's Letter to Cleveland (Pretend it's in Comic Sans)

quote:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers