Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The Great Autismo! posted:

We don't speak it in front of the kid, we mainly speak Japanese and English ^.^

Ok good I know you'll get asked "So what language is he better at" and "What was his first word" and it's gonna suck if it's Chinese for "gimme gimme gimme"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

His first word will be 农

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Grand Fromage posted:

His first word will be 农

lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

His first word will be 农

actually it's 哇

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
No joke, my mom thought I was mute because I didn't speak until I was 3 years old. The first word was not mama or papa. It was

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
my son is nine months old and already knows bye-bye :getin:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Smart kid, he already wants to get away from you

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
he's the best

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I am drunk watching hull city and Tottenham and palace, life is cool and good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I am drunk watching hull city and Tottenham and palace, life is cool and good

I'm drinking port and watching arsenal, Koscielny had a sick goal

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

He's saying 売買 in Japanese, he's already got the mind of a soulless Chinese businessman

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Grand Fromage posted:

Smart kid, he already wants to get away from you

Best gf post

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Warbird posted:

If you have hot tips on getting her to be able to hang out and work in the states, I'd love to hear them. H1-Bs are motherfuckers to get.

F1 for English classes, tutor or work at Chinese restaurant under the table?

I assume that's the kind of work you want her to do since more advanced stuff is H1-Bable

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

H-1Babe

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
H1N1

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies

This is scratched into the paint in my building's stairwell. :cry:

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Minus1Minus1 posted:

This is scratched into the paint in my building's stairwell. :cry:

Mine had something scratched in russian, but I could make out the letters "HSK"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

LimburgLimbo posted:

He's saying 売買 in Japanese, he's already got the mind of a soulless Chinese businessman

A Dyson of a post!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2016/09/10/are-you-grade-expat-pilot-change-beijings-work-permitting-system-aims-score-rank

:toot:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Hahahaha I loving love that all these laws are designed around retarded slogans.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Thing is they want high end expats but rarely have any of the amenities or infrastructure to recruit or entice them to come to China.

It's almost like China is trying to reverse engineer their way to success. Almost impossible to believe, I know.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Ceciltron posted:

Hahahaha I loving love that all these laws are designed around retarded slogans.
Ok, this is pretty normal, where the government comes up with a slogan that vaguely summarizes the action plan, and it's usually accompanied by an equally vague set of criteria that officials can easily tick off on their checklist.

But this habitual, 'tick everything off on the list, job done, no need to follow up or do evaluations' process, where exactly does this come from? Specifically, the bit where saying that you did something is way more important than checking to see if you did it well.

I mean, is it just a matter of, "Well, mimicking products, processes, and systems has worked well for us so far, so let's continue cargo-culting our way to success!"?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was actually thinking about this this morning, believe it or not. I was wondering if I was in charge of cleaning up the culture of 差不多 in China, where the heck would I start and how would I do it? Anyone have any suggestions or care to take a stab at an answer?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

I was actually thinking about this this morning, believe it or not. I was wondering if I was in charge of cleaning up the culture of 差不多 in China, where the heck would I start and how would I do it? Anyone have any suggestions or care to take a stab at an answer?
The root seems to be that there is no perceived value to spending extra effort to do something well. I have made a widget, just like you ordered, give me my money. Why are you making distinctions between A, B, and C-grade widgets? Why are you complicating things? A widget is a widget, so give me my money!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

You'd have to call people on their poo poo, for one.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm kinda hungry. I think I'll go eat lunch.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I kind of wish China started a program to really entice foreigner super skilled workers to come there. High quality living spaces, vehicles etc. I

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Actually, China should ban private car ownership.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

fart simpson posted:

but then you have to be on the street with *shudder* farmers

also how will people know im a good marriage prospect without a beemer?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

i would rather cry in a Beijing traffic jam than laugh as an ebike on the pavement dislocates my knee

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

You'd have to call people on their poo poo, for one.

when China rules the world

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You'd actually have to mass reform the education system and get rid of the culture of face, would be a huge start. Reforming the education system won't happen while the party is in power.

It's gonna take a while, lol

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
face is the worst thought invention of the ages

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

You'd actually have to mass reform the education system and get rid of the culture of face, would be a huge start. Reforming the education system won't happen while the party is in power.

It's gonna take a while, lol

it's gonna take a revolution of sorts. a cultural revolution, if you will.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Jeoh posted:

it's gonna take a revolution of sorts. a cultural revolution, if you will.

China's Cultural Restoration

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

face is the worst thought invention of the ages

I believe it to be the worst cultural thing I've come across in pretty much any culture or country I've read about or visited. Like it is just so horrifically bad

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

this is the best fart Simpson post and I wish to God they did this in Tianjin. I would sign a four year extension at work if they banned private car ownership. It makes that much of a difference

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

I believe it to be the worst cultural thing I've come across in pretty much any culture or country I've read about or visited. Like it is just so horrifically bad

I want to kick it's rear end using chiense kung fu!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Some cultures still practice cannibalism so I'm not sure face is worse than that. IMHo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i think the less people there are, the better off the world will be, so cannibalism is definitely something i support