Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I just discovered this thread. I traded in my Wii U for an Xbone because I was hyped for Scalebound and Backwards Compatibility but Microsoft poo poo the bed too so now I'm stuck with no games and a handheld waifu generator. Now I wait to gently caress the lot off to EB or CEX for a NX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

Were almost half way through September, still no sign of NX.

Like I said, the announcement won't arrive this month. Because Nintendo.

Analysts are saying the announcement will probably be in early October so I have no idea why people were hoping it would come earlier.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Usually Nikkei or some Japanese mag leaks the date before Nintendo can even breath. I don't trust WSJ with poo poo. You gotta wait for the Japanese press to rumble before you get hyped.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Anidav posted:

Usually Nikkei or some Japanese mag leaks the date before Nintendo can even breath. I don't trust WSJ with poo poo. You gotta wait for the Japanese press to rumble before you get hyped.

The WSJ reporter in question is Japanese and based in Japan. Though granted, that part was attributed to analysts and not actual sources, so big grain of salt.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

zolthorg posted:

you click on the triple dots

and then click tell us why

and then there should be 2 checkboxes to fill

thanks i managed to get rid of all the wiggles and peppa loving pig recommendations

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sup kash

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

The WSJ reporter in question is Japanese and based in Japan. Though granted, that part was attributed to analysts and not actual sources, so big grain of salt.

I'm pretty sure there's this one Japanese report that has leaked the announcement date of every Nintendo product since the DS and that particular journal kept on popping up in Investor Meetings and Iwata kept on saying it was all baseless speculation but it all ended up being true. Iwata probably hated them.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Next week is really the make or break week for a September announcement. TGS will be done, there's no more looming Sony or Microsoft news, it's all clear.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is a Tegra X1 enough to even compete with anything though? If what's said is true, they will have a console weaker than the Xbox One which is about to get Upgraded to Scorpio. Why would 3rd parties follow? It appears as though Nintendo is comfy in the Wii U situation?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

I just discovered this thread. I traded in my Wii U for an Xbone because I was hyped for Scalebound and Backwards Compatibility but Microsoft poo poo the bed too so now I'm stuck with no games and a handheld waifu generator. Now I wait to gently caress the lot off to EB or CEX for a NX.

You have a Pc-engine, what more could you need?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
have they said what it is yet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jumpingmanjim posted:

You have a Pc-engine, what more could you need?

Mario Kart 9 with 500cc or some poo poo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Game companies can and have announced NX games without Nintendo revealing it yet. There's really no reason they have to before TGS.

The X1 of course is not going to compete with modern consoles, because those is a handheld, but it will be the most cutting edge gaming handheld ever made if the rumors are true. It's probably not an X1 but some custom chip. The NVidia architecture is very good though, it will be able to do some things better than the Xbox and PS4 despite being weaker, and will be compatible with all major engines like unreal 4 and Vulkan.

(above paragraph only applies if rumors are true)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But the 3DS and Vita already had battery lives of 3 hours. If this thing is a 720p screen with Wii U to Xbox One Original graphics then I cannot imagine the battery life being very good unless it is super wide.

Or even...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it would be wider and fit a bigger battery. And the purported chips are very energy efficient.

Also when people say they only get three hours on their 3ds I seriously wonder what the hell they're talking about, I get closer to five hours of playtime. Does everyone just keep their brightness and volume on max?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It depends on the game. I remember Smash Bros doing my 3DS Original in about 2.3 hours. I've never felt a 3DS get warm until Smash and Monster Hunter.

VIta gets loving owned as soon as you put a 3D Japanese game in it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I guess a large majority of the games I play are virtual console, puzzle, and eShop games which are probably less intensive.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'd imagine Xenoblade would make a 3DS drain in about an hour and a half. It's just hard to picture battery life on this thing and if it's Gamepad size then is it really a loving portable?

No one would bring a gamepad sized slab in public and no one is gonna buy a single shoulder bag or NX fannypack to carry one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have a shoulderbag already, it's great. I keep my keys and phone and my other phone and wallet in there and my pants are more comfortable than ever. I keep a change of clothes for my kid in there when we're out, my sunglasses, a couple snacks, sunscreen. Shoulderbags loving rule.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the thing about the detachable controllers is true, maybe that's the gimmick, the entire console can be disassembled. When you want to play a game, you open up a little suit case and put your NX together like that scene from movies where the assassin assembles his rifle.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
In retrospect, naming the last smash bros simply "Smash Bros for Wii U" and "Smash Bros for 3DS" was pretty genius because now they can basically just port over the wii u version and call it "Smash Bros for NX." That would be an incredible launch title, especially for customers that never bought the wii u

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's already the best selling in the series.(counting WiiU plus 3ds)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Libluini posted:

Analysts are saying the announcement will probably be in early October so I have no idea why people were hoping it would come earlier.

Funny, a month ago analysts were saying it was definitely happening in mid-September. It's almost like they're just guessing based on available information...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

thexerox123 posted:

Funny, a month ago analysts were saying it was definitely happening in mid-September. It's almost like they're just guessing based on available information...

Well, you know where Analysts got their name from...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They all have anal cysts

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Just make as many guesses as possible, eventually you'll be right

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

two gamegears?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

I'd imagine Xenoblade would make a 3DS drain in about an hour and a half. It's just hard to picture battery life on this thing and if it's Gamepad size then is it really a loving portable?

No one would bring a gamepad sized slab in public and no one is gonna buy a single shoulder bag or NX fannypack to carry one.

Since when did portable mean pocket sized? People carry around iPads everywhere.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

zolthorg posted:

linking people directly to the ending sequence of a bad game they might want to misguidedly play is kinda mean though

I contend that not convincing someone not to play Heavy Rain is mean. But okay, just link the one where the player sits through 3 minutes of QTE pressing nothing and Ethan trips over everything in the entire world.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DalaranJ posted:

I contend that not convincing someone not to play Heavy Rain is mean. But okay, just link the one where the player sits through 3 minutes of QTE pressing nothing and Ethan trips over everything in the entire world.

The Citizen Kane of gaming

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Citizen Kane of gaming

isnt beyond2souls more like citizen kane, there is a stinger thats actually there and alluded to its just boring and senile and you feel like you wasted time getting there
heavy rain is more like suicide squad
there was a connective tissue for the plot to rely on, but the editing decision was just to excise 75% of that connecting tissue from the plot and then ship it anyways

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

People are waving goodbye to Wii U and I'm sitting here with a brand new unit catching up on Super Mario Galaxy and Epic Yarn.:3:

How many David Cage games have been released on Nintendo systems so far?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
my favorite wii u games

-#FE
-Smash 4
-Hyrule Warriors
-Earthbound

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Epic yarn is really easy but it is the most fun :3:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anidav posted:

Is a Tegra X1 enough to even compete with anything though? If what's said is true, they will have a console weaker than the Xbox One which is about to get Upgraded to Scorpio. Why would 3rd parties follow? It appears as though Nintendo is comfy in the Wii U situation?

As if scorpio exists

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Ultra Smash is the only Wii U original or port that I own that I was disappointed with. Other than that, I have a fine library of games and I don't even own things like Tropical Freeze or Captain Toad. Speaking of ports, Deus Ex for Wii U is very well done.

As for the NX, I mostly read this thread just because I enjoy the snark and the ludicrous comments. Since it doesn't look like there will be a Mario platformer at release, I don't see myself getting one right away.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Epic yarn is really easy but it is the most fun :3:
It's good for couch co-op.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Anidav posted:

No one knows what processor is in it yet. Could be the Tegra X2 which would make it compete actually very well with the graphics fidelity of upcoming consoles.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In one way the poor sales of the Wii U will be a boon for the NX. They can just rerelease all of the good WiiU games on the NX and most NX owners won't have played them already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Guy Goodbody posted:

In one way the poor sales of the Wii U will be a boon for the NX. They can just rerelease all of the good WiiU games on the NX and most NX owners won't have played them already

So just like the PS4?

• Locked thread