Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dunban posted:

Oh, you're right.

I wonder if night dog is gonna be Dark type, maybe in addition to Rock.

I'd be very down with another rock/dark type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wonder if this means the starters will have different evos for night and day as well. Considering them and rockruff are supposedly connected.

Also, Rockruff's evo combined with the whole 12 hour difference thing Sun and Moon have, makes me wonder if they're planning on doing a lot with the day/night cycle this time. Kind of fits with the naming theme as well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

For some reason I thought the evolution method would be something new.

Yeah it's not new since it's exactly the same as Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

less laughter posted:

Yeah it's not new since it's exactly the same as Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon.

Yeah, it's good though. At least it's not super silly and overcomplicated.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I wonder if this means the starters will have different evos for night and day as well. Considering them and rockruff are supposedly connected.

Also, Rockruff's evo combined with the whole 12 hour difference thing Sun and Moon have, makes me wonder if they're planning on doing a lot with the day/night cycle this time. Kind of fits with the naming theme as well.
I like them doing more with the day night cycle but I hope it doesn't mean locking off content if you don't play at the right time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah, it's good though. At least it's not super silly and overcomplicated.

I like them doing more with the day night cycle but I hope it doesn't mean locking off content if you don't play at the right time.

At least if they do do stuff like that it's easy enough to adjust the clock.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah but if they split what pokemon are available depending on the time of day I really don't want to be popping in and out switching the clock each route.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
daywolf
fighter of the nightwolf
champion of the sun
you're a master of karate
and friendship for pokemon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

(ah-ah-ah)

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah but if they split what pokemon are available depending on the time of day I really don't want to be popping in and out switching the clock each route.

They'll probably do what more recent games have done. Make it so that they're just really rare except at a certain time of day.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Seeing how incredibly stupid and deviant art original character-like his evos look I feel entirely vindicated in my dislike for Rockruff

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon spirit fusion... was real... :unsmith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

that's where trading comes in

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rockruff's day evo looks like what i expected him to evolve into, but his night evo also looks like the other thing I expected him to evolve into

we got both the quadrupedal option and the bipedal option covered

but Rockruff looks better than either of them by a lot

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

that's where trading comes in

But I want my own precious pokemon not some garbage other person's gunk named Fartzilla or something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So Aether Foundation is all but confirmed for turning people into UBs/Attuning UB to people cause that Beauty one looks a like Aether Leader Woman in stance.

Can't wait to get MY Ultra Beast form so I can fight these guys and finally become Poke Kamen Rider.

Maybe the UBs just take on the appearance of the first person they see

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I guess if the two Rockruff evos really are tied to the starter evos (was it one of the leaks that suggested that?) then the horribad Litten wrestler evo could be the "night" one and maybe Litten still has an actually good quadrupedal cat evolution

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Type: Null has more going for it seems, next month's CoroCoro is going to reveal its' true strength.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

But I want my own precious pokemon not some garbage other person's gunk named Fartzilla or something.

Then just breed them and the baby will have your own OT.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

less laughter posted:

Then just breed them and the baby will have your own OT.

At that point i'll just switch the clock since it'll probably be faster then all that.

Waffles Inc. posted:

I guess if the two Rockruff evos really are tied to the starter evos (was it one of the leaks that suggested that?) then the horribad Litten wrestler evo could be the "night" one and maybe Litten still has an actually good quadrupedal cat evolution
Wrestling Cat is cool actually.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
That night evolution is some awful Sonichu bullshit.

Day evo is cool. I hope one isn't clearly "better".

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

pokemon spirit fusion... was real... :unsmith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

that's where trading with your friends and going 'hey that's the precious pokemon my friend i appreciate traded to me' comes in

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Rockruff day evo is cool and good and my friend

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

that's where trading with your friends and going 'hey that's the precious pokemon my friend i appreciate traded to me' comes in

That's when I release the pokemon they gave me, right?

I don't want your smelly pokemon, I want my smelly pokemon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
So who does Muscquito fuse with/transform into/stand for?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Not a big fan of Nightwolf there.

Daywolf looks pretty great though.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

Gladion. Check the shoulder spikes and collar spikes

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 12, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Those dogs are pretty cool but I don't think I'll be using one in a gen with sandcastle ghosts and punch crabs.

Chill Penguin posted:

Me :cool:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aww, Musclebug is only in Sun. I want to beat up all the monsters...

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

Not a big fan of Nightwolf there.

Daywolf looks pretty great though.

Badwulf is deviantart furry bait. Keep it and its fanart away from me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Badwulf is deviantart furry bait. Keep it and its fanart away from me.

Aren't all pokemon deviantart furry bait?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Rockruff’s Midday Form evolution is pretty great. It's a very Cool Dog and definitely getting a spot on my team. Werewolf Rockruff is sweet too, though I’m a bigger fan of Cool Dogs than werewolves. It's like what if we took Zoroark and made it good.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hardcordion posted:

Those dogs are pretty cool but I don't think I'll be using one in a gen with sandcastle ghosts and punch crabs.

I will be using both day dog and punch crab

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
So I'm guessing Glambug is Lusamine normally, and Musquito is Lusamine once her weighted training hair is taken off.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dunban posted:

I will be using both day dog and punch crab

:same:

I still really wish punch crab was Fighting/Water, but the design is amazing as heck regardless.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want nightwolf to be part dark so I can be the resident dark-type user. I hope they release more because I really don't want to use fatrat.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
"Midday form" is a weird name unless there are also dawn and dusk forms

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Golden Goat posted:

Aren't all pokemon deviantart furry bait?

This guy is on a level with Lucario or Lopunny though.

I like his day form and it doesn't bother me that people are imagining themselves loving it as we speak - it looks like a dog and that's cool and good. The other form look like an edgy rainbow dog.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Boomstick Quaid posted:

"Midday form" is a weird name unless there are also dawn and dusk forms

Midday Form is probably not what it will be in English. Just like Lugarugan isn't going to be its English name either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
all pokemon are furry bait, ESPECIALLY the klink family.