Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not sure if I want this or not

I think :abuela: would do better with a moderator because it's win-win. If they're worthless she can just ignore them, but if they're good they may ask at least 1 followup question to Trump

no debate will ever not be moderated dude :chloe:

Trump is scared and a pissy little bitch because he can't prep for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

no debate will ever not be moderated dude :chloe:

Trump is scared and a pissy little bitch because he can't prep for poo poo

Time keepers aren't moderators :colbert:

Come to think of it, people who just read a question off of a card and then smile blankly aren't either so I guess Lauer bailed on the CiC Town Hall halfway through, technically

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ride a horse shirtless, clearly.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The debate with Chris Wallace will effectively have no moderator, so he already has one out of three.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I wouldn't mind a pic of Hillary Clinton straddling the barrel of an M4 Sherman, honestly.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

Time keepers aren't moderators :colbert:

Come to think of it, people who just read a question off of a card and then smile blankly aren't either so I guess Lauer bailed on the CiC Town Hall halfway through, technically

rip "Please Proceed, Governor" moments where moderators actually fact check poo poo instead of softballing Trump

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I want to see her jump a shark on water skis

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Have they confirmed it arson? Churches tend to go up all the time, often because the people making the financial decisions are cheap when it comes to electrical work.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Kilroy posted:

I'll vote for her corpse over Trump and I am worried, or at least I was. Watching that video last night when it first came out was brutal.

If she was working through pneumonia then I think it's fine. And if there's more to it I hope at least she can hold out until after the election and the inauguration. If she's not being forthcoming about her health then that's a result of her being the most guarded and risk-averse politician in contemporary American history, if not all American history - having come of political age in the 90s I understand why that's so. Oh well.

I would not be at all impressed if it turns out she had underlying bad health that she knew about and ran anyway. Bernie would have been a fine candidate, but it's too late to switch now. Handing the election to Trump because she was too macho to know when to retire would be extremely irresponsible.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BarbarianElephant posted:

I would not be at all impressed if it turns out she had underlying bad health that she knew about and ran anyway. Bernie would have been a fine candidate, but it's too late to switch now. Handing the election to Trump because she was too macho to know when to retire would be extremely irresponsible.

Sanders wouldn't have been much better on the health front. Dude looks like a pile of wadded-up Kleenex.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Hillary has incredibly bad health then it would be incredibly irresponsible of her to run. However really the only actual evidence of that is pneumonia which wouldn't be a big deal if insane conspiracy theorists hadn't been running the idea that she is dying and our garbage media legitimizing them. I can't wait for Tom Brokaw to start saying we need to look into these chem-trails and lizard people Some People are asking about.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

Have they confirmed it arson? Churches tend to go up all the time, often because the people making the financial decisions are cheap when it comes to electrical work.

you might be confusing mosques with synagogues

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'm not convinced Bernie would have been a fine candidate, and she may think (possibly, correctly) that she was the best shot the Dems had at defeating Trump or whatever other tire fire the GOP offered to the electorate.

Which is to say, if she's elected and then kicks it in April, then good on her.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

rip "Please Proceed, Governor" moments where moderators actually fact check poo poo instead of softballing Trump

lol that's not their job, they're just there to read questions and enjoy the eternal sunshine of a spotless mind otherwise. It's all details in this NYT article and multiple diatribes from reporters about how people might be mad at them if they say mean things about Trump but nobody will be if they say mean things about Clinton so what do you expect us to do? The protesters who get their poo poo kicked in hopefully got a chance to spit at the press pen on their way out.

Keepin' It 1600 made a good point last week that if they feel like the only job of the moderator is to ask questions, then that's what we call an interviewer, and they should start hiring them instead of journalists

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Oxxidation posted:

Sanders wouldn't have been much better on the health front. Dude looks like a pile of wadded-up Kleenex.

The primaries this year were a choice between a parade of Methuselahs and Ted Cruz. Perhaps there should be an upper age limit of 65 on running for president. Experience and wisdom may be useful but the modern presidency is physically grueling.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If they feel the only purpose of the moderator is to ask questions then sit like there like an idiot they should just get youtube or twitch celebrities since at least those people show some level of pride in their craft.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

WeAreTheRomans posted:

you might be confusing mosques with synagogues

Super funny jokes!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Epic High Five posted:

lol that's not their job, they're just there to read questions and enjoy the eternal sunshine of a spotless mind otherwise. It's all details in this NYT article and multiple diatribes from reporters about how people might be mad at them if they say mean things about Trump but nobody will be if they say mean things about Clinton so what do you expect us to do? The protesters who get their poo poo kicked in hopefully got a chance to spit at the press pen on their way out.

Keepin' It 1600 made a good point last week that if they feel like the only job of the moderator is to ask questions, then that's what we call an interviewer, and they should start hiring them instead of journalists
Even "interviewer" is generous. In theory even interviewers should push back a bit and probe in different directions based on how the interview has gone up to that point. Seems to me the job of the Presidential debate moderator is ripe for automation.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Petr posted:

Super funny jokes!

it was more of a throwback

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

haveblue posted:

Ride a horse shirtless, clearly.

No no. Like Putin, she has to shoot a tiger to absorb it's life essence. That's the only way to fight pneumonia.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

I wouldn't mind a pic of Hillary Clinton straddling the barrel of an M4 Sherman, honestly.

Hillary Clinton will show her strength and virility by falling out of an airplane while straddling a nuclear bomb.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If the ability to get pneumonia is a sign of advanced age and poor health, then I've been an old cripple since I was 16.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

The US needs to grow some balls.
The moderators should be INTERROGATORS.
These wannabes are going to be leading the loving world, making decisions that will effect everyone for decades.
And calling them out on their bullshit should be a priority if not essential.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Harrow posted:

If the ability to get pneumonia is a sign of advanced age and poor health, then I've been an old cripple since I was 16.

I'm sorry for your parents' loss but can you tell me what it's like to be a ghost?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol HillarysBodyDouble is currently trending and from what I can gather it's not meant to be ironic. :suicide:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I'm sorry for your parents' loss but can you tell me what it's like to be a ghost?

Pretty terrible. The only way I can interact with the world of the living is by posting on the Something Awful forums.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The US media has determined that literally standing at a podium is the only requirement for being President and Hillary failed that yesterday sorry.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol HillarysBodyDouble is currently trending and from what I can gather it's not meant to be ironic. :suicide:

This is actually really good. The right was handed a gift-wrapped present that they could have used to confirm all their dumbshit conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton covering up health problems and instead of running with it they took the fastest turn to batshit insanity they possibly could. Once again, no current Hillary Clinton voters are going to stop voting for her because the alt-right thinks she used a body double, and the sheer fact that that's a story going around the internet waters down other attacks on Hillary's health.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but it's interesting to see that Trump knows exactly what's coming and what's going to happen at the debates. He's going to get absolutely destroyed and by getting out ahead of the mess before it happens is trying to mitigate the damage.

It's like me -- a fat untrained gimpy 45-year-old -- seeing Cecil Peoples is the ref for my fight with Rumble Johnson and saying "because Cecil is the ref I have to say in advance that things are going to go very very badly for me and it'll all be his fault". Then after I get put in a coma 10 seconds into the fight...

vyelkin posted:

This is actually really good. The right was handed a gift-wrapped present that they could have used to confirm all their dumbshit conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton covering up health problems and instead of running with it they took the fastest turn to batshit insanity they possibly could. Once again, no current Hillary Clinton voters are going to stop voting for her because the alt-right thinks she used a body double, and the sheer fact that that's a story going around the internet waters down other attacks on Hillary's health.

It's literally crazy, so it fits right in with things they already believe and since this is 'illuminati cabal deceiver'-level garbage, it's right at the top of the scale. They can't help themselves even if it means destroying a legitimate story.

acejackson42 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 12, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

vyelkin posted:

This is actually really good. The right was handed a gift-wrapped present that they could have used to confirm all their dumbshit conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton covering up health problems and instead of running with it they took the fastest turn to batshit insanity they possibly could.

It's just like what they did with Comey. He gift wrapped them some really great attacks on her, but then in their insanity, they ripped him to shreds demanding that he actually indict her.

The Hillary health stuff will either end up being a major issue or a non-issue depending on what happens from here. If she gets better and campaigns/debates as normal, then it will be mostly forgotten except by the most vocal of her opponents. If she continues to have to excuse herself from events and whatnot, then it becomes a bigger thing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

happyhippy posted:

The US needs to grow some balls.
The moderators should be INTERROGATORS.
These wannabes are going to be leading the loving world, making decisions that will effect everyone for decades.
And calling them out on their bullshit should be a priority if not essential.

This realistically translates to 50 more questions about emails.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/775316930320297984

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Harrow posted:

Pretty terrible. The only way I can interact with the world of the living is by posting on the Something Awful forums.

So the afterlife is prettymuch just like being alive for a goon, then? :rimshot:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Just walked in after a week long vacation, already had 3 people tell me they had hoped that Clinton would be dead this morning. Basket of Deplorables indeed.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Trump Campaign: Can you believe that Clinton called our supporters deplorable??
America: ...

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/775308081794199552

look at this piece of poo poo.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

He is not wrong.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is a Clinton ad, right?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't forget the magic free energy thing. As a scientist i delight in libertarian antiscience bullshit.

Don't forget the doomsday weapon that was basically a giant loudspeaker that could atomize a goat from miles away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

New Trump ad has footage of Hillary calling the deplorable people homophobic, racist, and xenophobic, thus making it so you have to think that homophobia and racism is good to disagree with her.

lmao they really can't help put gently caress up.

• Locked thread