Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Poonerman posted:

in other news, sammy watkins might be significantly hobbled :shepface:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775332634482409472

One the one hand, I made a losing bid for Watkins so whew.

On the other, it couldn't have happened to a bigger dick in our league. Which means the news will turn out better for Watkins tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
How concerned should Dez havers be?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Poonerman posted:

in other news, sammy watkins might be significantly hobbled :shepface:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/775332634482409472

Fuuuck.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ben Nevis posted:

they played it extraordinarily conservative with dak yesterday (45 attempts for 227 yards). witten and beasley combined for 60% of the targets.

only five targets for dez, though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Poonerman posted:

they played it extraordinarily conservative with dak yesterday (45 attempts for 227 yards). witten and beasley combined for 60% of the targets.

only five targets for dez, though.

Eh, maybe a bit conservative in choice of targets, but not extraordinarily, and not extraordinarily conservative overall. 45 attempts for a 16 game season would put him at 720 on the year and would've been the most by far last year. His completion percentage wasn't great, but his yards per completion was still within multiple game averages from multiple teams last year, despite being a bit low when looking at team's season-long stats.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

He had a TD called back, and two more red zone/possible TD targets he couldn't secure IIRC.

He's probably not going to be a top tier elite WR this year, but he will have huge games that win you your week. The floor is low.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I want to try to get an RB out of my league's Watkins owner. What are thoughts on Jeremy Hill?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Holy gently caress am I glad I picked up Stafford. Between him, Green, and David Johnson I'm up by almost 40 points in my money league.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Well this week made me extra glad I handcuffed Charles with Ware (this league drafted well before the "lol btw charles isn't actually ready at all" news hit). Now I just hope the backfield doesn't become an unusable committee mess when he DOES return.

and also glad that I vultured Ware from the Charles owner in another league. The news WAS out by then so idk how he let Ware fall to the 9th in a 12 teamer. Best part is I played against him this week and am on pace to win by 50.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dez dropped his touchdown pass, but it was off (rare) good coverage by Landon Collins.

Zeke might have been a bit overdrafted, though. That Giants front-four was hemming him up good.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Poonerman posted:

Zeke might have been a bit overdrafted, though. That Giants front-four was hemming him up good.

Still early days, but there is a not insignificant chance that Zeke and Freeman (lol) are the early-round RB flops this year.

David Johnson and Lamar Miller looked every bit the 1st round talent they were drafted to be. Excited for both - sad I don't have any shares of either.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

5 of my RB's scored 20+ points, yet no combination of them would have won me this week since my opponent had CJA, Minn DEF, and Brandin Cooks :smith:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

As someone who invested heavily in Keenan Allen and Demaryius Thomas I have never been happier that my league decided to stick with resetting waivers every week.

Gonna grab no 3 waiver and pray.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Poonerman posted:

Zeke might have been a bit overdrafted, though.

I've been screaming this from the rooftops since June

Alfred Morris got 7/35 running behind the same line against the same defense

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Keenan Allen was my first round pick and he died. This is a cruel game.

I still have Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, but I'm hurting at flex now. I'm gonna need to roll with somebody like Will Fuller or Mike Wallace the next few weeks. I do however have the #1 waiver claim, so if that's worth burning on anybody this week please do tell.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Benne posted:

Somewhere Melvin Gordon and Montee Ball smile menacingly

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I believe in Zeke but I also have David Johnson so he's a GREAT RB2! :D

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

Keenan Allen was my first round pick and he died. This is a cruel game.

I still have Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, but I'm hurting at flex now. I'm gonna need to roll with somebody like Will Fuller or Mike Wallace the next few weeks. I do however have the #1 waiver claim, so if that's worth burning on anybody this week please do tell.

Still haven't done the full research, but if something crazy like Willie Snead (available in 20% of Yahoo leagues) or Tajae Sharpe (available in 54%) is out there they are absolute locks for a #1 ww claim.

Would probably consider the #1 for Abdullah (25%) or Coleman (58%) if I was desperate for RB help.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
This is my first time playing FF, was hoping I could get some advice/input on my roster since I'm obviously not getting any from the other people in my league.

My lineup this week was:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Spencer Ware
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Aishon Jeffery
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Donte Montcrief
FLEX: DeSean Jackson
D/ST: Packers
K: Roberto Aguayo

Bench:

Jamaal Charles RB
Stephen Gostkowski K
Ameer Abdullah RB
Phillip Rivers QB
Jerick McKinnon RB
Jets D/ST
Antonio Gates TE

Having never done this and being only a casual follower of football up to now, I mainly made my choices based on ESPN's projected points. But I hate losing things, so I want to get better and deepen my understanding.

First, I guess was there any way I could/should have known about how much better the Jets would perform over the Packers D? Or that Peterson would get shut down so much? I don't feel bad about playing Wilson, I feel like that was a luck of the draw, couldn't be known ahead of time thing, but I'm kicking myself over the Defense choice and not playing Ameer Abdullah or Gostkowski (who was projected at a point less than Aguayo).

I'm also thinking about putting Jamaal Charles in my IR slot right now, and picking up Tajae Sharp, given that he's available and got more attention than people thought he would?

I'm currently 7/8 on our waiver wire, as I picked up Ware last week.

Thoughts? Thanks for any advice!

Riven fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 12, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Riven posted:

Always post your scoring settings when you want advice.

AP is a boom/bust runner, this is just what he does.

Drop Aguayo, the Packers (Jets play Thursday against the Bills with an injured Sammie), and probably Gates (unless nearly everybody is rostering 2 TEs in your league) for WW dudes. Sharpe in a heartbeat.

Use fantasypros for starts (or SA), not ESPN projections.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

As right as it might feel, you shouldn't roster backups for your kickers and Defense (or TE's and QB's if you really want to play), Focus on RB's and WR's, and drop the worst during QB bye week, etc...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
With week 1 almost completely in the books, I have to say I like my dynasty league's positional scoring of: TE = 1 ppr, RB = .75, and WR = .5.

It might net me a loss with my opponent still having Jordan Reed to go and only 20 points to catch me, but it's a fun scoring system.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Riven posted:

This is my first time playing FF, was hoping I could get some advice/input on my roster since I'm obviously not getting any from the other people in my league.

My lineup this week was:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Spencer Ware
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Aishon Jeffery
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Donte Montcrief
FLEX: DeSean Jackson
D/ST: Packers
K: Roberto Aguayo

Bench:

Jamaal Charles RB
Stephen Gostkowski K
Ameer Abdullah RB
Phillip Rivers QB
Jerick McKinnon RB
Jets D/ST
Antonio Gates TE

Having never done this and being only a casual follower of football up to now, I mainly made my choices based on ESPN's projected points. But I hate losing things, so I want to get better and deepen my understanding.

First, I guess was there any way I could/should have known about how much better the Jets would perform over the Packers D? Or that Peterson would get shut down so much? I don't feel bad about playing Wilson, I feel like that was a luck of the draw, couldn't be known ahead of time thing, but I'm kicking myself over the Defense choice and not playing Ameer Abdullah or Gostkowski (who was projected at a point less than Aguayo).

I'm also thinking about putting Jamaal Charles in my IR slot right now, and picking up Tajae Sharp, given that he's available and got more attention than people thought he would?

First off, I think your team looks pretty good for a person who's in their first FF league, so good job there!

Like Forever_Peace and TUS said, it's better to focus your time and attention on acquiring good RBs and WRs. You don't really need a backup TE, QB, K, or Def until you do, and there's always going to be serviceable options in the free agency for those. RBs and WRs, or at least talented/highly productive ones, will be harder to come by, so having more of them increases your chances.

Also this: don't overthink the kicker, and certainly don't blame yourself for failing to start the one that got more points. That will keep happening no matter how good you get. I mean, you could try to pick up a kicker on a team with a matchup that will be conducive to that team being forced to kick a lot of field goals, but I think you'll find that it's pretty much a crapshoot across the board with very few exceptions. Again, focus your research time and efforts to uncovering the sleeper RBs and WRs and you'll be happier overall.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

timp posted:

First off, I think your team looks pretty good for a person who's in their first FF league, so good job there!

Also this: don't overthink the kicker, and certainly don't blame yourself for failing to start the one that got more points.

Agree that your team actually looks quite good.

On the kicker: Gostkowski is the best K in the league and you should just start him every single week. So yeah, don't bother carrying a second kicker except during his bye week (he's one of the very few kickers I wouldn't just outright drop for his bye). And yes, it's a very random and annoying position that you shouldn't worry about much.

Don't overthink Peterson. He's one of the greatest RB's of a generation, but sometimes people just have bad games. His upside is infinite, there's really no matchup or situation where he ever comes out of your lineup unless he's obviously playing VERY injured.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I could use some trade help. Half point PPR

My RBs:
David Johnson
Lesean McCoy
Spencer Ware
Ameer Abdullah
Danny Woodhead
Tevin Coleman
Johnathan Stewart

I'd like to sell high on Ware before JC comes back, if possible. Woodhead and Coleman will probably frustrate me as I decide who to play each week and are two more candidates to sell high, or should I stand pat with them and move others?

Which WRs would be best to target? One owner has already expressed interest in doing a RB/WR swap. He has AJ Green, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, and Travis Benjamin.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Teeter posted:

My RBs:
David Johnson
Lesean McCoy
Spencer Ware
Ameer Abdullah
Danny Woodhead
Tevin Coleman
Johnathan Stewart

I'd like to sell high on Ware before JC comes back, if possible. Woodhead and Coleman will probably frustrate me as I decide who to play each week and are two more candidates to sell high, or should I stand pat with them and move others?

Which WRs would be best to target? One owner has already expressed interest in doing a RB/WR swap. He has AJ Green, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, and Travis Benjamin.

If he's smart he'd give you Benjamin if anyone. If he's stupid anyone else.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

Always post your scoring settings when you want advice.

AP is a boom/bust runner, this is just what he does.

Drop Aguayo, the Packers (Jets play Thursday against the Bills with an injured Sammie), and probably Gates (unless nearly everybody is rostering 2 TEs in your league) for WW dudes. Sharpe in a heartbeat.

Use fantasypros for starts (or SA), not ESPN projections.

Thanks. My scoring is default ESPN standard scoring. Also, thanks to everyone who gave input! I'm taking notes.

Riven fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 12, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just going to rage-drop Fleener and stream TEs the rest of the way. A pox on the whole position.

(In my defense, it's an autodraft team. I would never voluntarily draft Coby Fleener otherwise.)

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

With week 1 almost completely in the books, I have to say I like my dynasty league's positional scoring of: TE = 1 ppr, RB = .75, and WR = .5.

It might net me a loss with my opponent still having Jordan Reed to go and only 20 points to catch me, but it's a fun scoring system.

My long time league has a similar setup except with the TE and RB reversed.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Teeter posted:

My RBs:
David Johnson
Lesean McCoy
Spencer Ware
Ameer Abdullah
Danny Woodhead
Tevin Coleman
Johnathan Stewart

Hold
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell

See if you can get Baldwin for any one of those Sell guys.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
If Watkins really is out for a significant period of time, maybe Charles Clay is an answer for 0TE people.

Or maybe that idea is just as good as my Clive Walford, Martellus Bennett, and Jared Cook ideas.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Devonta Freeman, sell now or hold? I'm feeling panicky after that display sunday.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Didn't see the game, did Brandon Marshall just have a bad day or was he banged up? Not exactly hurting at WR (played him/AJ Green/Cooks), but I also have Fitzgerald on my bench and he looked sicknasty last night.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 12, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I'm looking to trade Watkins before we find out the worst, what caliber player should I be targeting? Is Spencer Ware too aiming too low?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

AHEM

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Looks like Zach Ertz is gonna be out a few weeks. Dear lord.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
really nailing down that kyle rudolph career arc eh

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Mikey Purp posted:

Hold
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell
Hold
Sell

See if you can get Baldwin for any one of those Sell guys.

Thanks. I think this lines up with what I was thinking. I'd like Hilton but I don't really want to give up the pieces that would be a fair trade. Maybe I'll try anyway and settle for Baldwin when it's denied.

I'll see what happens on the waiver wire first. Sanu, Fuller, and Tyrell Williams are available so they may solve my problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Didn't see the game, did Brandon Marshall just have a bad day or was he banged up? Not exactly hurting at WR (played him/AJ Green/Cooks), but I also have Fitzgerald on my bench and he looked sicknasty last night.

Fitz missed him twice in the endzone, and he dropped what would have been a decent ~20 yard gain at the end of the game. Maybe just rust from Fitzmagic sitting out the whole drat offseason playing salary hardball? Anyway no reason to panic on BMarsh yet.

I actually also him and Larry Fitz and it's gonna be interesting to decide between them next week.

• Locked thread