Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

iospace posted:

Yeah, but sometimes they get a zinger in:
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/775110996071424001
It's very much love/hate here.

Love it. Because an old head injury often provokes occasional coughing fits, right? Back to Trump University medical school, Dr Wikileaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Some article I read said they found out she had pneumonia when the doctor examined her after the ceremony and said oh, hey your cough isn't just allergies, you've got pneumonia too.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I loving loathe the god drat double standards of this election. gently caress Trump, and gently caress the media for propping up his lovely Cheeto-dust covered face.

We all do. If Trump wins, the only thing that might make it bearable is that the same "journalists" that allowed his ascension will be the first up against the wall once he rounds up everyone who does not sufficiently grant him tribute.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ceiling fan posted:

Some article I read said they found out she had pneumonia when the doctor examined her after the ceremony and said oh, hey your cough isn't just allergies, you've got pneumonia too.

She had a doctor's appointment on Friday as a follow up to her allergy cough; that was when she was given treatment for pneumonia and told to maybe lightening up on her activity. She went and did two campaign events and a fundraiser on Saturday before going to the ceremony on Sunday.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ceiling fan posted:

Being the real American hero she tried to rough it out and continued to work.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Hard to believe that the campaign didn't disclose a minor, treatable illness into a political climate full of insane wingnut speculation about her Morgellons while her male counterpart calls her "unpresidential" and questions her "stamina".

Well, when the accusation from the fever swaps is that "Hillary Clinton is secretly hiding an illness!", it's probably not a great idea to actually hide an illness.

I mean, it was pretty much a lose/lose situation for her the moment she got sick, but she ended up choosing the worse option.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

Just in case you're wondering if dumb young people are still being stupid about Bernie Sanders:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/young-millennials-love-obama-but-clinton-is-struggling-to-win-them-over/

It's one of the only major demographics where she's not doing better than Obama did, and I'm pretty sure it's all dumb "DWS took our democracy" nonsense

I think there are legitimate reasons unrelated to Bernie Sanders for not supporting Hilary Clinton

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crossing from the Trump thread:
:siren: POLL ALERT :siren:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/775333190445719557
LVs
Arizona: 42/41 Trump
Georgia: 46/43 Trump
Nevada: 45/44 Clinton
NH: 42/41 Clinton

Clinton does better in the RVs except one:
Arizona: 41/40 Clinton
Georgia: 44/44
Nevada: 46/41 Clinton
New Hampshire: 40/40

For Senate races:
AZ: McCain 57/38 LV and RV
NV: Heck (R) 47/45 LV, Cortez Masto (D) 46/45 RV
NH: Ayotte (R) 52/44 LV, 51/44 RV
GA: Isakson (R) 53/38

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

hot take: zingers don't loving mean poo poo to the average voter and do nothing to raise the level of discourse in this country

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Well, when the accusation from the fever swaps is that "Hillary Clinton is secretly hiding an illness!", it's probably not a great idea to actually hide an illness.

I mean, it was pretty much a lose/lose situation for her the moment she got sick, but she ended up choosing the worse option.

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo except alt right and journalism twitter

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

DaveWoo posted:

Again, this is dumb thinking Like for gently caress sake -- she's not hiding she's got loving cancer here. She decided not to disclose she has an easily treatable infection.

Fuckin West Wing, House of Cards bullshit.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zoux posted:

But that's the only media I listen to ("ironically"), how can it be meaningless?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think Bernie takes a small portion of blame for the way in which he ended his campaign by stubbornly holding on and casting doubt on the process but I think it has more to do with a generation of people who only know Hillary from the Republican attack bullshit, clouding their perception of her and, in general, a generation that views people like her with a great deal of contempt.

I only...partially blame Bernie himself. He hung on too long. But the people I see posting "BOTH OPTIONS ARE BAD" are inevitably Bernie supporters. His campaign made people real dumb, even if his run was a legitimate thing to do.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think there are legitimate reasons unrelated to Bernie Sanders for not supporting Hilary Clinton
I, personally, still don't LIKE Hillary - but I was part of the hate brigade 15 months or so ago, and lo and behold every single accusation against her is garbage for idiots.

At the very least, I think she was the best of the options that ever shared a debate stage this election. Sanders is an entertaining, principled guy - and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gotten a drat thing done as President.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DemeaninDemon posted:

Being the real American hero she tried to rough it out and continued to work.

Which is what the message would be if this were a sane world, but instead we get more "debates" on how Hillary is totally secretly dying, unlike the fat, even older candidate who abuses pills who is the picture of health because his quack doctor wrote him a note in five minutes.

iospace posted:

Crossing from the Trump thread:
:siren: POLL ALERT :siren:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/775333190445719557
LVs
Arizona: 42/41 Trump
Georgia: 46/43 Trump
Nevada: 45/44 Clinton
NH: 42/41 Clinton

Clinton does better in the RVs except one:
Arizona: 41/40 Clinton
Georgia: 44/44
Nevada: 46/41 Clinton
New Hampshire: 40/40

For Senate races:
AZ: McCain 57/38 LV and RV
GA: Isakson (R) 53/38

If they manage to give that bloated idiot the Presidency through all this mindless bullshit, clearly Trump would be exactly what this country deserves.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

Yeah I can't even imagine the weakest of undecided voters that is going to vote Trump because of Hillary having pneumonia.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It's Arzy time everybody!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

That Arizona and Georgia are "battle ground" states is actually the story there.

But fuckit :

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's Arzy time everybody!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

iospace posted:

Weren't Dems counting on both of these seats to get to 50? Combined with McGinty's narrow lead in PA, it doesn't sound like good news for the Senate.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want this election to be over since Hillary supporters in my real life have been arzying since Bernie announced his candidacy and it's driving me crazy.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

theflyingorc posted:

I only...partially blame Bernie himself. He hung on too long. But the people I see posting "BOTH OPTIONS ARE BAD" are inevitably Bernie supporters. His campaign made people real dumb, even if his run was a legitimate thing to do.

Eh, it's what, 10% of Bernie supporters? Maybe they were just dumb in the first place.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Weren't Dems counting on both of these seats to get to 50? Combined with McGinty's narrow lead in PA, it doesn't sound like good news for the Senate.

They've both been toss ups and still are. I think that's the first poll I've seen that shows any real lead for Ayotte.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yes. If the Senate polls stay where they are, Republicans narrowly maintain control of the Senate.

And that's terrible.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Hodgepodge posted:

Eh, it's what, 10% of Bernie supporters? Maybe they were just dumb in the first place.

It turns out that it's probably just young Bernie supporters. It's seriously true that the holdouts are all people participating in their first real election.

edit:

NH has had an enormous swing rightward, hasn't it? What happened there

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*surfaces from under a mountain of poo poo*

*sees NYTimes notification about Lunghazi*

Fuckin' poo poo, I'm off media until mid-November. You guys can have it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Given that the right has been slamming her for her health she should have been extremely open with "I have an easily treatable illness and look how transparent I am for once" Fucks sakes she keeps shooting herself in the foot with the media. And holy poo poo why did she say that poo poo about baskets of deplorable people she should know better

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Hell yeah, 4 more years of the government not doing anything under an illegitimate democratic president and republican senate. Can't wait.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Arrgytehpirate posted:

And holy poo poo why did she say that poo poo about baskets of deplorable people she should know better
As a calculated move that may or may not work in her favor.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Oh also, speaking of moderators:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/775334604236554240

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hillary has no win here. The press has made it pretty clear she's damned if she does or doesn't and they will make up stuff if she doesn't produce anything juicy. I can understand the logic of hiding stuff and hoping it gets missed since being open and admitting problems is for losers and the pres isn't willing to cover for her like the Trump campaign out of fear of his insane supporters.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Given that the right has been slamming her for her health she should have been extremely open with "I have an easily treatable illness and look how transparent I am for once" Fucks sakes she keeps shooting herself in the foot with the media. And holy poo poo why did she say that poo poo about baskets of deplorable people she should know better

No one cares about either in the long run and you should go back to posting shitily about anime.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Poor Matt Furie. He must feel like the guy that invented the nazi symbol, Dr. James Swastika.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's good stuff but yeah poor Pepe. He just wants to feel good peeing and eat spiders off of pizza.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Now that we know Hillary has AIDS who will the dems nominate in her place?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No one cares about either in the long run and you should go back to posting shitily about anime.

I can do both. I'm multi-talented. I know, but let me arzy a bit here it's not been a good weekend for her and Trump winning is not a thing that can happen.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Reminder:

Even if Iron Aubela gets sick for a moment she will deal with it.

Worrying about her health is such a farce, she'll probably outlive us all by pure force of will. The GOP and alt-right are goldfish brained.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can do both. I'm multi-talented. I know, but let me arzy a bit here it's not been a good weekend for her and Trump winning is not a thing that can happen.

This isn't or shouldn't be the place you come to hyperventilate about whatever new thing has the left collectively being stupid.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That Arizona and Georgia are "battle ground" states is actually the story there.

But fuckit :

Seriously a tight NV poll means way less than 'lol Arizona and Georgia are actually in play this election'

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I can agree with Maddow not hosting a debate or something similar. She does not mask the fact that she is left-wing at all (same with Lawrence O'Donnell, who has made his scorn of Trump very clear). Holt to me is your buck-standard newscaster, never really injects political views into things, etc. I'm not going to read into it that much, but you have to remember the backlash against Lauer last week. He's on notice.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Then volunteer for Hillary. That accomplishes more than Arzying ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously a tight NV poll means way less than 'lol Arizona and Georgia are actually in play this election'

NV has been tight the whole cycle, as has NH. They always are.

The real test in NV is can she get good Hispanic turnout -- they're notoriously hard to poll, especially in NV.

• Locked thread