Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I, a true Pokemon master, thinks that Nightwolf is pretty cool, though not nearly as cool as Daywolf. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im glad this confirms multiple starter evos because I want popplio to get a better one than siren clown.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It would be super cool if the starters could get different final evo lines.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was the other supposed leak for alternate starter evos? The one that made popplio look like a clown strongman sex offender?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Calaveron posted:

What was the other supposed leak for alternate starter evos? The one that made popplio look like a clown strongman sex offender?

What?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

I can't believe Ash murdered Greninja cause he didn't win the championships.

greninja murdered ash and is now masquerading as him

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Calaveron posted:

there was no other leak, just the one with the owl archer, luchador cat, and mermaid seal. the juggler evo thing that shows up from time to time online was fanart

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we already have Conkeldurr.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dunban posted:

And a look at the new season of the anime:

It's time for the Real stars of the show to take over again in their wonderful Bewear-o-matic. :allears:

On the bright side same people who do Inazuma Eleven so the Z Moves will pop.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 12, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Calaveron posted:

This is the one that is basically 99% confirmed

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Is there an official source for the "starter evos tied to rockruff's evo" thing? Cuz if that's just some random unconfirmed leak, then the rockruff stuff doesn't confirm poo poo about the starters and y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Is there an official source for the "starter evos tied to rockruff's evo" thing? Cuz if that's just some random unconfirmed leak, then the rockruff stuff doesn't confirm poo poo about the starters and y'all are setting yourselves up for disappointment

Coro-coro once said something like rockruff and the starters both have a secret, though I'm not sure if that means they share the same secret

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Waffles Inc. posted:

This is the one that is basically 99% confirmed

i hope it is confirmed cause archer owl fuckin owns bones and siren seal is pretty and lucha cat is big and strong

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

It was Coro IIRC

They're making a *big* deal out of the Day/Night differences and whatnot; making the starter evos tie into that could be part of the gimmick

Although maybe it's something even more absurd like starters from Sun only evolve during the day and vice versa for Moon

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i hope it is confirmed cause archer owl fuckin owns bones and siren seal is pretty and lucha cat is big and strong

Assasin's Owl drat well better be real.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

there wasnt anything explicitly saying it was about evolutions

it was just a previous corocoro issue saying that Rockruff had a secret, and the starters also had a secret. people assumed it was all one big secret but it looks like it isnt

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
As long as lucatador isn't fire/fighting I am okay with those starters.

But no more goddam fire/fighting. Delphox rox.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Why would the Corocoro say The Starters And Rockruff Have A Secret if they don't all share the same secret? That's just bad marketing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Apparently the secret they share is that they're all adorable.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

It was Coro IIRC

They're making a *big* deal out of the Day/Night differences and whatnot; making the starter evos tie into that could be part of the gimmick

Although maybe it's something even more absurd like starters from Sun only evolve during the day and vice versa for Moon

i certainly hope not bc i'll pretty much only be playing moon at night irl

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the secret that the Starters and Rockruff share are signature Z moves, like Snorlax and Raichu have.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Hardcordion posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the secret that the Starters and Rockruff share are signature Z moves, like Snorlax and Raichu have.

I'm going to give my starter the elemental hyperbeam, the pledge move, and the starter specific z-crystal

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

In the full image, the girl with green hair and ash were doodled alongside the Dark/Fire cat thing well before the actual reveal of the not-gym leaders.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kerrrrrrr posted:

ash you are a such a dork :allears: i hope he starts with a rowlett cause it's the cutest

In the leaked concept art it looks like Rowlet is Mallow's mon rather than Ash's. It fits her very well.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Alxprit posted:

Why would the Corocoro say The Starters And Rockruff Have A Secret if they don't all share the same secret? That's just bad marketing.

its just a magazine made for kids, its not the dev team writing it or anything

they say lots of dumb things

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Alxprit posted:

The secret is that Rockruff needs to be friends with a starter to evolve and the time just set up what Rockruff will evolve in to.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Yeah these are all so perfect especially for the region, and if they're not and they actually look like garbage that's it I'm done with Pokemon, man.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hope Ash gets Litten and it follows the underdog story carved out by noted B E S T S T A R T E R Chimchar of overcoming the odds through love and friendship and fire laser beams.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Waffles Inc. posted:

It was Coro IIRC

My guess is the starter evolutions vary ind design whether it's night or day. It would be similar to differences with final evolution Pokemon and their Mega evolutions, aesthetically. Just that they're equal in power with different stats.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah these are all so perfect especially for the region

Yeah because Robin Hood was a native Hawaiian, I saw his birth certificate.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Oh snap, looks like the rumors/leaks from "unconfirmed chinese source" months ago were true, Rockruff's evolution is a werewolf, at least at nighttime. It has an alternate evolution on four legs in the day. So it's likely a similar thing for the starter evolutions, like I thought.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yep, posted a few pages ago.

Dunban posted:

CoroCoro finally leaked:

Rockruff's evolution looks different depending on whether it evolves during the day or at night:

Two new Ultra Beasts (Expansion is exclusive to Sun and Beauty is exclusive to Moon)

And a look at the new season of the anime:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
UB-02 being game specific NPCs is weird. Are Rockruff's evo the same one or two different ones?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

KungFu Grip posted:

Are Rockruff's evo the same one or two different ones?

They're like Espeon and Umbreon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

less laughter posted:

They're like Espeon and Umbreon.

Are we sure, because it looks like they are just different forms and both have the same name.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Guess this would also confirm the ultra beasts are catchable after all?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you can see musclebug going to punch the electric fairy.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Are we sure, because it looks like they are just different forms and both have the same name.

That would be...interesting. Like would Rockruff (and the starter evos?) really change form in a battle at night? It would have to be purely aesthetic right? Otherwise how do you determine which form to use in a battle outside of singleplayer?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Could be they are permanent once they evolve, or you have to do a thing like use an item or object to change them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Guess this would also confirm the ultra beasts are catchable after all?

Tired Moritz posted:

you can see musclebug going to punch the electric fairy.

That looks like a cutscene though and so far we haven't even seen footage or images of people even battling Ultra Beasts let alone catch them.