Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Addendum: posting, for example, Ladybeard (I'm on mobile, help me out here) and saying, "Haha, that guy rules" doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Fathis Munk posted:

That's a pretty small coffin :smith:

Yup. :smith:

Ninja Edit: (see what I did there?) I know I'm going to Hell, because I smile every time I notice how pissed grandma is in that picture.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Psychobabble! posted:

While looking for the above classic I found this one which I hadn't seen before:

I'm the pink balloon bouquet that manages to look like a dick and balls on the left.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

NWS? http://i.imgur.com/Bl4Ekzm.png

The results are in, folks!

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Sep 12, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Boy, is it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I got incredibly high the other night and watched all of the infomericals for The Gathering of the Juggalos and honestly it was a life altering experience that'd I'd recommend to everyone.

and one more of Boondox because he's my favourite :allears:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Data Graham posted:

Do they have any other clothes?

How many outfit changes do you go through at a funeral, exactly?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Picnic Princess posted:

The one in the beginning where we wear something decent

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Like, I know what it is, but I can't comprehend it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hihohe posted:

The one in the beginning where we wear something decent

:doh: I honestly thought they were making fun of them for wearing the same thing in both photos.

I am not a morning person.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought that second photo was from their wedding.

Like, "earlier that week"

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Data Graham posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought that second photo was from their wedding.

Like, "earlier that week"

Yo the beer-cooler casket thing is in both pictures.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes I recognize that now

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It says they make suckers out of men (I think)

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Sweet shades

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Yo the beer-cooler casket thing is in both pictures.

What, you don't want their child to attend their wedding? You monster.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

I got incredibly high the other night and watched all of the infomericals for The Gathering of the Juggalos and honestly it was a life altering experience that'd I'd recommend to everyone.

So is it actually like, part of the creed for a Juggalo to be overweight or does that just come naturally?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

So is it actually like, part of the creed for a Juggalo to be overweight or does that just come naturally?

Pretty sure it's a result of all the mandatory Faygo consumption.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Juggalos, similarly to most nerd sub-cultures, consist mostly of the obese and frighteningly skinny.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A lot of the acts at The Gathering have a shared universe with ICP too which is bizarre, there are so many layers.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Wait, there's a shared universe? I would like to know more.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

ICP has achieved interdimensional travel, slowly merging their universe with ours through a series of rituals known only as "The Gathering"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

A lot of the acts at The Gathering have a shared universe with ICP too which is bizarre, there are so many layers.

I watched a documentary about The Gathering where all of this was made clear. Basically, ICP has been around for so long with such a big following that its created like its own separate genre of lovely hip-hop where the artist wears clown makeup. Most of these bands were originally just ICP fans themselves, and they started doing little gigs or whatever around town and people would go see them because hey we can't go see an ICP show 7 days a week can we?

So The Gathering now has a full slate of bands who are all spin-offs of ICP. They all have that same basic "we're going to rhyme about bitches and guns but in a really obvious and uncreative way and also wear face paint" format, but at a place like The Gathering they're legit rock stars.

A big part of it is that Juggalos for the most part drop all other types of music and only ever listen to ICP or ICP-type bands, so there's a demand for it. Its absolutely a cult-like atmosphere, because the two guys in ICP are basically Gods to these people in an almost literal sense. That's why it was so easy for them to just all of the sudden start pushing Evangelical crap, their fans won't ever doubt them for a second no matter what they do.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I no longer want to know more, and I kind of regret asking.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

tbh i can respect juggalos for their not giving a poo poo about anything including how they look and act, which in most cases is actually admirable in that they have in a sense integrity

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I watched the documentary and, much like a Lovecraft character, I feel the only way to cope is to get this knowledge out to the world. Otherwise my mind will burst at the seams and I'll go mad.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
But where does Homestuck fit in all this.

(I seriously think that Violent J and Shaggy would have probably fully endorsed the ICP jokes in Homestuck)

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Wait you havent even heard about Shangrila yet!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whenever one of them dies, and it can't possibly be long now, I think a lot of the country will be shocked by how many people show up to the funeral.

It'll probably make national news, because the media will be like "wait, why are there 200,000 people at this clown guys funeral again?"

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I've watch a couple of documentaries about juggalos and I don't think I've seen that one. Anyone got a link or, at least, a title, please?

Juggalos and Scientology are the two topics about which I will watch just about anything.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

This Jon Ronson piece about ICP is pretty good, even though it's a few years old now. I sort of feel sorry for them, but way more sorry for Violent J's son. Imagine that as your dad.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. 47 posted:

I've watch a couple of documentaries about juggalos and I don't think I've seen that one. Anyone got a link or, at least, a title, please?

Juggalos and Scientology are the two topics about which I will watch just about anything.

https://www.amazon.com/ICP-Undergro...ily+Underground

This is the one I watched that focuses a lot on The Gathering. It's free on Amazon Prime right now.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Bogmonster posted:

This Jon Ronson piece about ICP is pretty good, even though it's a few years old now. I sort of feel sorry for them, but way more sorry for Violent J's son. Imagine that as your dad.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god

In a way this article makes them sound almost dopey-cute, bless their trashy little juggahearts:

quote:

He pauses, then adds defiantly, "A giraffe is a loving miracle. It has a dinosaur-like neck. It's yellow. Yeah, technically an elephant is not a miracle. Technically. They've been here for hundreds of years…"

"Thousands," murmurs Shaggy."
Then again...

quote:

"So all those unpleasant characters in the songs," I ask, "like the narrator in I Stuck Her With My Wang, they're examples of people you shouldn't be?"

"Huh?" Violent J says.

"Well, it's very unpleasant," I say. "'I stuck her with my wang. She hit me in the balls. I grabbed her by her neck. And I bounced her off the walls. She said it was an accident and then apologised. But I still took my elbow and blackened both her eyes.' That's clearly a song about domestic violence. So your Christian message is... don't be like that man?"

"Huh?" Violent J repeats, mystified.

There's a silence.

"I Stuck Her With My Wang is funny," Violent J says. "Jokes. Jokes, man. Jokes. Jokes. Jokes. It's just a ridiculous scenario. Silly stories, man. Silly stories. What's she doing kicking him in the balls? We find it funny.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PiratePing posted:

In a way this article makes them sound almost dopey-cute, bless their trashy little juggahearts:

Then again...

Dudes name is violent J. Wtf newsman

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The SNL juggalo parodies are some of the best bits they've ever done. RIP rear end Dan.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

EmmyOk posted:

This is not an empty quote endorsing this recommendation. I'll never not love that there is an artist named Blaze Ya Dead Homie.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ICP is hilarious because they're obviously just having a great time and both their fans and their detractors take them way more seriously than they take themselves.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

PiratePing posted:

Then again...

This cleared up my skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man glad this thread is back.

Juggalo's tend to really like Slipknot as well. I think there's just a type of person who loves bands that involve makeup and masks.

Let me dig into my AUG folder for some classics.

There's a good reason people don't wear them.

like this guy. BTW, this is the brony wedding guy

I'm sure those two guys would agree with the sentiment in the image

I forget what shooting this was after, but this fellow felt the need to defend the local recruiting station from ISIS

Probably the most obnoxious human being in the world

Even Wolverine had awkard teenage years

My mom, Katana, Costco, good boy points. Also Epic beard

You know this guy fells like he's classy as gently caress, but he's dressed like the early 60s, carrying around a cane which is more early 20th century using a quill pen that would have gone out of usage in the 18th.

This is the image i learned of MRAs

Second most obnoxious person on earth

I didn't know dapper meant goofy as gently caress

Adam Lambert told his stylist "you know that bad Tony Stark Tattoo the guy had in Iron Man 3? Yea make me look like that"

I think this is the most honest nerd in the world

If I remember correctly, I found this on a page about a meet and greet with AKB48

This is a great 2 for, becuase you get the guy in the doctor hooves shirt, and then you get fishing cap famous on the internet guy. I like to imagine that's what Vox Day or Sargon of Akkad looks like.

• Locked thread