Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

My question about Amnesia:Memories is: can my character affect something other than the boys' feelings, and is there an ending in which I can say gently caress memories and let's stay with Orion in my head?

No, probably why I disliked Amnesia since there's not much to do other than deal with the guys or bad end all the time.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is out 9/13

Reviews seem OK like it's not especially good or bad. Just about average.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/09/10/review-psycho-pass-mandatory-happiness/225383/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What's a good option for a fun, not too complicated fighting game? I don't really care about depth or complexity of combat just want something light and easy to grasp to mess around with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

What's a good option for a fun, not too complicated fighting game? I don't really care about depth or complexity of combat just want something light and easy to grasp to mess around with.
On Vita? Dengeki Bunko is pretty good for that. Few buttons, the mechanics are all big and flashy and easy to get, it has assists to mess with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wandle Cax posted:

Dive Kick, but I don't know if it's on Vita

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Divekick is on Vita, and Dengeki Bunko isn't bad.

You can also get Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX and the Power Stone Collection as well.

You should buy Power Stone. Everyone should.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
WELCOME TO THE POWER STONE WORLD

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wandle Cax posted:

If you have no problems with it being a PSP game, Dissidia 012 is pretty good.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Volfogg posted:

Divekick is on Vita, and Dengeki Bunko isn't bad.

You can also get Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX and the Power Stone Collection as well.

You should buy Power Stone. Everyone should.

Too bad this wasn't asked a couple weeks ago. Power Stone was on sale for 60% off at the end of August

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Too bad this wasn't asked a couple weeks ago. Power Stone was on sale for 60% off at the end of August

Oh yeah I have that on the ol' PSP. Fun game.

I'm assuming Dengeki Bunko being Japanese only isn't really a problem given it's a fighting game, just have to figure out the menus and such? e: oh whoops guess it is available in English

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Car Girls

I figured out what each car girl was meant to be except for The Professor one. So there's...that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Electric Phantasm posted:

If you have no problems with it being a PSP game, Dissidia 012 is pretty good.
lol at dissidia being not too complicated

kirbysuperstar posted:

I figured out what each car girl was meant to be
how :psyduck:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Utena DLC when?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dissidia isn't complicated, why do people always say that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

Dissidia isn't complicated, why do people always say that
well it's certainly confusing, is that precise enough for you?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CrashCat posted:

well it's certainly confusing, is that precise enough for you?
some of your attacks do HP damage, some of your attacks increase your BRV and reduce your opponnet's BRV. When you hit someone with an HP attack, the damage is based on your BRV. You hit people with BRV attacks to build up damage, and then smack them with an HP attack to do damage. It's a tug of war system where the two players are fighting over BRV and have to decide when to cash in that damage.

That isn't confusing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Names. Mitsubishi Lancer, Buick Regal, Ford Galaxie, Lotus Seven (I think).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Endorph posted:

some of your attacks do HP damage, some of your attacks increase your BRV and reduce your opponnet's BRV. When you hit someone with an HP attack, the damage is based on your BRV. You hit people with BRV attacks to build up damage, and then smack them with an HP attack to do damage. It's a tug of war system where the two players are fighting over BRV and have to decide when to cash in that damage.

That isn't confusing.
that's just the beginning of the confusion, though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

kirbysuperstar posted:

Car Girls

I figured out what each car girl was meant to be except for The Professor one. So there's...that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDGk3unnbs

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3AM Eastern is the last shot at a Vita successor or Vita 3000 being announced. I'm pretty sure that's what 4:00PM in Japan is right now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there won't be a new vita lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Truga posted:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Gotta make Monday extra crushing for some people.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The new vita was inside you all along.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saint Freak posted:

Well I am dead inside, checks out

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

and here I thought I just ate a bad burrito... maybe I should invest in a squatty potty for launch day

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Truga posted:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sony is gonna give it one more shot I can feel it. Portable AAA games for all

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hey, the Vita is still outselling the Wii U and Nintendo isn't giving up!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BGrifter posted:

Hey, the Vita is still outselling the Wii U and Nintendo isn't giving up!

Unlike the Vita the Wii U followed the two most successful systems of all time

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wii Us are still available in stores. The Henkaku exploit cleared out the remaining Vita stock at retail stores. All that's left are internet resellers.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Dehry posted:

Gotta make Monday extra crushing for some people.

no one would be crushed by a new vita not getting made.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

That isn't confusing.

The combat itself isn't that confusing (but having to unlock moves/move extensions definitely gets infuriating once you start playing as your tenth barely-there character) but Dissidia drowns you in a million subsystems, many of which are explained poorly and often only in extremely out of the way places. From relatively unimportant stuff like Chocobo paths, to major things like what your character's EX mode does.

I think Dissidia's a really good game and I hope we get the new one sooner rather then much, much later like it's starting to look like, but man the difficulty of finding where you can learn what you need to know in that game is the real difficulty curve of the PSP entries. Seriously, just find an FAQ or something.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The GIG posted:

no one would be crushed by a new vita not getting made.

If you read twitter after an indie game port gets cancelled or the ones tweeting at retail stores using the old Vita sections with signage for clearance items, I'd say there'd be a few that would need a wellness check.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Crushed? No. Disappointed? Yes

Edit: I mean a next gen Sony handheld... Vita3000 isn't as necessary unless they update the radio to something that can direct link to a PS4 and have better remote play, better analog sticks for remote play of games that rely on the PS4's better sticks, or switch to using MicroSD cards instead of proprietary mem cards (will never happen).

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I mean, if Sony doesn't put out a new Vita or something, the 3DS pretty much can do whatever the hell it wants since it's the only game in town. Nintendo could release the New 3DS Pro, and everyone would essentially have to go "Well, I mean, it is the only handheld" instead of "Yeah, no thanks. I'll take the anime machine."

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

they're gonna announce they've made a time machine and they're going back to remove the Vita from the timeline

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

I mean, if Sony doesn't put out a new Vita or something, the 3DS pretty much can do whatever the hell it wants since it's the only game in town. Nintendo could release the New 3DS Pro, and everyone would essentially have to go "Well, I mean, it is the only handheld" instead of "Yeah, no thanks. I'll take the anime machine."

Rumour is that th NX is the combination console/handheld of your dreams.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

kirbysuperstar posted:

Car Girls

Hmmm, there are people claiming that Tamsoft is behind this game. If those claims are true, it makes me wonder how it would impact any possible SK game planned for the 5th anniversary of the series.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Rumour is that th NX is the combination console/handheld of your dreams.

It'll be the ASUS Padfone of consoles.

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ANnpHnUrc

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony TGS 2016 is tonight, here's a link to the eventual English-language feed for when it goes live. SaGa Scarlet Grace may be here because they've been talking about it being shown "around" TGS 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5o6hZiksHc