Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

My zero RB team has left me flush at WR, with several RB2-types that will be a nightmare to predict who to start each week.

The Charles owner in my league just lost Keenan Allen, and currently has Crabtree as his WR1. He's open to trading Charles for Maclin, but isn't quite there yet - I'm thinking about adding one of my RBs on top to sweeten the deal before he gets any other offers. And no, he doesn't have Ware, unfortunately.

Who should I add of the following RBs for my counter offer? 12 team, .5 PPR league.

M. Gordon
Hill
Gore
Crowell

My team:
QB: Carr
RB: Gordon, Hill, Crowell, Gore, McKinnon, Sproles
WR: AJG, Evans, Maclin, DJax, Diggs, Marvin Jones
TE: Ertz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Does anyone know of a good site for waiver wire auction values? It's my first year doing faab and I'd like some guidance on how much of my $100 budget to spend on Will Fuller especially now because Watkins maybe out for awhile (I knew I shouldn't have drafted that glass statue).

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Cervixalot posted:

My zero RB team has left me flush at WR, with several RB2-types that will be a nightmare to predict who to start each week.

The Charles owner in my league just lost Keenan Allen, and currently has Crabtree as his WR1. He's open to trading Charles for Maclin, but isn't quite there yet - I'm thinking about adding one of my RBs on top to sweeten the deal before he gets any other offers. And no, he doesn't have Ware, unfortunately.

Who should I add of the following RBs for my counter offer? 12 team, .5 PPR league.

M. Gordon
Hill
Gore
Crowell

My team:
QB: Carr
RB: Gordon, Hill, Crowell, Gore, McKinnon, Sproles
WR: AJG, Evans, Maclin, DJax, Diggs, Marvin Jones
TE: Ertz

You want to trade multiple useful players for an injured player whose backup put up 200 yards yesterday?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MakaVillian posted:

Does anyone know of a good site for waiver wire auction values? It's my first year doing faab and I'd like some guidance on how much of my $100 budget to spend on Will Fuller especially now because Watkins maybe out for awhile (I knew I shouldn't have drafted that glass statue).

Not that I know of but you can use all the Waiver Wire articles as guidelines. I would spend much more than $10 on him. He is a rookie, and you need that money for 12+ more weeks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

.5 PPR Dez and Charles for Hilton and Abdullah. Normally I laugh this off but Dez does poo poo without Romo where he is barely rosterable. Everyone in the league is really down on Dez, too, so I can't get value for him. I know week one and all but if Dez has another bad week I won't to be able to get even a WR3 for him. I do like Charles when he comes back and I have Ware but feel with him in the deal I'm paying too much just to sever Dez.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

jabro posted:

.5 PPR Dez and Charles for Hilton and Abdullah. Normally I laugh this off but Dez does poo poo without Romo where he is barely rosterable. Everyone in the league is really down on Dez, too, so I can't get value for him. I know week one and all but if Dez has another bad week I won't to be able to get even a WR3 for him. I do like Charles when he comes back and I have Ware but feel with him in the deal I'm paying too much just to sever Dez.

no

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I know no but you're supposed to talk me into it!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
If your leagues Dez owner is panicking, buy low if you can. We're still too close to the draft for trade rape but you never know.

Same for Zeke.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

coronaball posted:

You want to trade multiple useful players for an injured player whose backup put up 200 yards yesterday?

So you're saying I shouldn't try to buy low on a Hall of Fame RB who, despite an injury to start the season, still has a strong shot at being an RB1 by sending my Flex/replacement level players?

omgwtfmate
Sep 8, 2016

MakaVillian posted:

I listen to the footballguys waiver wire show and they give out specific ranges for FAAB bids. If you don't want to listen, someone on the rotoworld forums usually just posts the numbers in a FAAB thread. How much you bid varies depending on your league though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
oof if this thread is any indication of the general pub I think im gonna try a couple buy low offers on Zeke.

Dont know if his expectations were set at Walter Payton but he outscored my AD, Ingram, and Freeman picks by far and ill take my chances with him picking it up.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 12, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/775391554567598080

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I'm in an 8 team work/money league (it was gonna be 12, but one guy bailed out and then everyone else followed suit). Standard scoring.

I think I kinda painted myself into a corner at QB and am just gonna have to stream unless something happens. I drafted Rivers and Winston, and wound up dropping them both separately for Eli and Stafford. Obviously Eli is my favorite to start next week against NO, but should I be using a waiver claim to try and get back Winston? His schedule doesnt seem to get favorable until like week 7, but he's also being talked up for a breakout year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Uhh apparently Chris Ivory is hospitalized and doctors don't know what is wrong with him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doppelganger posted:

I'm in an 8 team work/money league (it was gonna be 12, but one guy bailed out and then everyone else followed suit). Standard scoring.

I think I kinda painted myself into a corner at QB and am just gonna have to stream unless something happens. I drafted Rivers and Winston, and wound up dropping them both separately for Eli and Stafford. Obviously Eli is my favorite to start next week against NO, but should I be using a waiver claim to try and get back Winston? His schedule doesnt seem to get favorable until like week 7, but he's also being talked up for a breakout year.

I took a look at his first half of the season schedule after drafting him on one place and just dropped him. Not worth holding him through his bye week, even though he's got that sweet playoff schedule. I'd look to pick him back up week 6 or 7 if I looked like a lock for playoffs and didn't have a better QB already.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doppelganger posted:

You don't need two QBs in an 8-team league. Ride with Eli, the Saints just lost their only good CB.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

So you're saying I shouldn't try to buy low on a Hall of Fame RB who, despite an injury to start the season, still has a strong shot at being an RB1 by sending my Flex/replacement level players?

Charles' most likely outcome is a timeshare unless Ware's play falls off a cliff or he gets injured himself. It's not buying low when you give away an RB2/flex and a WR2 for him, you're giving up too much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Uhh apparently Chris Ivory is hospitalized and doctors don't know what is wrong with him.

That's not good. Hope they figure out how to help him soon.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
AHAHA RG3 to IR with a broken coracoid bone. Fire up your Barnidges. The loving Browns, man.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
.5 PPR, I'm being offered:

Rob Gronkowski
Zach Miller
Markus Wheaton

for my:

Devonta Freeman.

My other RBs are Lamar Miller, Jeremy Langford, Giovani Bernard, Tevin Coleman, Javorius Allen and good ol' Bobby Turbin. My TE is Gary Barnidge.

I'm god awful at evaluating trades, but... I do this, right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Josh McCown sighed as he drew his katana

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ninja Bob posted:

Rob Gronkowski
Zach Miller
Markus Wheaton

for my:

Devonta Freeman.

My other RBs are Lamar Miller, Jeremy Langford, Giovani Bernard, Tevin Coleman, Javorius Allen and good ol' Bobby Turbin. My TE is Gary Barnidge.

I say yes, in a heartbeat.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just flipped Riddick for Zeke I love you week 1 overreactions

Now lets get Barnidge :getin:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Bob posted:

Rob Gronkowski
Zach Miller
Markus Wheaton

for my:

Devonta Freeman.

Insta-accept. Shitcan Turbin to make a spot for Wheaton. Zach Miller is likely worse than any player on your roster so I'd simply leave him out completely.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mikey Purp posted:

AHAHA RG3 to IR with a broken coracoid bone. Fire up your Barnidges. The loving Browns, man.

To add legitimacy

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/775399140729708544

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The Terrelle Pryor QB/WR flame burns twice as bright

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just flipped Riddick for Zeke I love you week 1 overreactions

Lmao goddamn. I gotta start sending out trade offers huh.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

That's a perfect week 1 panic trade. Good job!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

:catstare:

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Can anyone tell me about the BUF-BAL game? Tyrod's five-point performance and the news about Watkins' foot makes me want to drop Tyrod but I am in a 12-team league with several teams holding multiple QBs. I'd likely be grabbing Alex Smith or Flacco...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It's me I'm the guy who picked AP in the first round and am now freaking out.

One of the other guys in the league would be open to trading for him though, so I'm turning to the SAS hivemind to see if anything jumps out at you all as a good target. My team, his team.

EDIT: 12-team, non-PPR.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

One of the other guys in the league would be open to trading for him though, so I'm turning to the SAS hivemind to see if anything jumps out at you all as a good target. My team, his team.

Don't be really dumb. Keep AP.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

AP always skips the preseason and looks like trash in week one (unless he breaks a long run to pad his stats).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just offered Theo Riddick for Jordy Nelson here's hoping this thread is right.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm heading towards either a victory or a close loss for week 1. I'm looking to the waiver wire to firm up my bench with some unpicked prospects, and was thinking about two trades come Wednesday:

Specifically I have my eye on the following:

Drop > Add,
Kamar Aiken (it looks like he's going to be getting part time play, and he wasn't too impressive against the Bills) > Will Fuller (seems like a good option opposite Deandre)
Bilal Powell (mostly picked him up because he was the next highest player on my list come round 14) > Tyrell Williams (replacing Allen, and with Rivers throwing to him he'll at least get action)

Any thoughts on those trades, and any other good options who might be undrafted, and any chaff I can safely cut on my bench?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Welp, blew my load in week 1. Won't get any better, I reckon...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

should I drop fleener for any of these guys? 0PPR

Doyle
Ebron
ASJ
Donell
Rudolph
Myers
Tamme

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I own Spencer Ware (grabbed him off the wire last week when it was confirmed Charles wouldn't play), and in light of him blowing up, I'd like to trade him to the Charles owner who lost this week. Is asking for his Mike Evans, who he is currently starting in his flex, too much to ask for? PPR. The only other players he has that could be snagged are Jeremy Langford and Emmanuel Sanders (he also has Demarco Murray, but even I can tell that's not happening).

I am terrible at evaluating trades.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

MalleusDei posted:

Welp, blew my load in week 1. Won't get any better, I reckon...

Goddamn dude! Nice looks. I'll be pulling for you to break 200 tonight. That way, when you inevitably poo poo the bed the rest of the season, you can blame me if you'd like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chernabog posted:

should I drop fleener for any of these guys? 0PPR

Doyle
Ebron
ASJ
Donell
Rudolph
Myers