Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Supremezero posted:

Origins was. Not sure about OiF.
Ah, thanks. I thought it was one or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Boy a lot of stuff happens at the end of the finale huh.

Oh well I have new friends to hang out with while I process it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Jeez, I'm really far behind you guys. How long does a first playthrough run? I'm at like 12 hours and I just got to Nord Highlands. I spend lots of time talking to everyone (multiple times) and exploring every inch of areas.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Jeez, I'm really far behind you guys. How long does a first playthrough run? I'm at like 12 hours and I just got to Nord Highlands. I spend lots of time talking to everyone (multiple times) and exploring every inch of areas.

I'm at the start of the final chapter finishing up side quests before doing the main thing, and I have... *checks* 51 hours logged.

Speaking of finishing up sidequests, I'm only missing Acerbic Tomatarian or whatever for my monster book. Guide I'm using says it's in Celdic, but not which part of Celdic. Anyone know?

... nope, nevermind, it finally showed up.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 12, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Trails is like the only JRPG series that for whatever reason I feel like getting as close as possible to 100%, which for AP and BP at least means waiting for guides and FAQs to get built. I could not care less about missing a million sidequests in Tales of the Abyss but not getting every bonus AP in CS1 is somehow unacceptable.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nate RFB posted:

Trails is like the only JRPG series that for whatever reason I feel like getting as close as possible to 100%, which for AP and BP at least means waiting for guides and FAQs to get built. I could not care less about missing a million sidequests in Tales of the Abyss but not getting every bonus AP in CS1 is somehow unacceptable.

Conveniently, there were guides for both Cold Steel games before we got them anyway.

Wish that happened for other super completionist games.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Supremezero posted:

I'm at the start of the final chapter finishing up side quests before doing the main thing, and I have... *checks* 51 hours logged.

Speaking of finishing up sidequests, I'm only missing Acerbic Tomatarian or whatever for my monster book. Guide I'm using says it's in Celdic, but not which part of Celdic. Anyone know?

... nope, nevermind, it finally showed up.

I screwed up my monster book at the Leo/Xeno fight trying to get the extra AP. I forgot to scan Leo and the spears that get thrown out :/

Gotta finish it on my Nightmare playthrough I guess.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I missed literally one monster and its the monster the final boss spawns in his final phase.

:negative:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Oh, question: how do the DLC costumes for CS1 work? Do you have to have a CS1 save where the costumes were used to use them in CS2? Or will CS2 just pick up the DLC on the system and let you use it?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I think the most annoying misses I've had so far are some of the fights aboard the Pantagruel, as I didn't realize a few of the mini-boss ones simply ended at half health. I'd equipped Dragon Vision for that portion and thus wasn't bothering to do scans.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Only scan I've missed was ch.1 pt.3 McBurn because I didn't expect him to straight murder everyone the turn after I knocked out Duvalie. :smith:

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Levantine posted:

Oh, question: how do the DLC costumes for CS1 work? Do you have to have a CS1 save where the costumes were used to use them in CS2? Or will CS2 just pick up the DLC on the system and let you use it?

The latter.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone here on the real final dungeon should talk to Alfin to get an extremely good scene that only reinforces Olivier as best character in the series.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Anyone here on the real final dungeon should talk to Alfin to get an extremely good scene that only reinforces Olivier as best character in the series.

How does one know which final dungeon is the real one?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

OddObserver posted:

How does one know which final dungeon is the real one?

when you get to what's obviously the final dungeon, it's not that one

you'll get every party member ever in the party for the real last one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I missed 1 side quest in ch6 of cs1 and it really bummed me out. only had 1 backup save in that chapter tho and it was near the end so I didn't go back and try to find it

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooood. Anton is in Trista and he has a crush on Sharon and needs your help setting them up together. :allears:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

epenthesis posted:

The latter.

Oh good, maybe I'll buy Fie's casual outfit.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This final sidequest is so loving good you guys.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

leather fedora posted:

Ah, thanks. I thought it was one or the other.

It's true for both as far as I know.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This final dungeon is a lot less long than i was bracing for.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yo Cake Attack you gotta push through that final dungeon the stuff that happens after is very cool and good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm going to I was just in no mood after playing literally all day Sunday lol. I'm gonna try and buy one of the mirrors so I can do it as one of the bonus characters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I'm moving along through CS1, I have to know: Is there any point beyond link exp for that card mini game?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Shinjobi posted:

As I'm moving along through CS1, I have to know: Is there any point beyond link exp for that card mini game?

Nope. In fact, if you're just going for link exp, you can just play a card lower than the opponent's total to lose instantly and get it over with.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Nope. In fact, if you're just going for link exp, you can just play a card lower than the opponent's total to lose instantly and get it over with.

for shame

cs2 intermission I completely lost it when Crow dropped his loving blade deck

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

lets hang out posted:

for shame

cs2 intermission I completely lost it when Crow dropped his loving blade deck

And then you find out He didn't drop it, he slipped it into your coat while you were fighting, complete with revised rules for "Advanced Players"

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So for those that played the Crossbell arc, do the games go more into what the (CS2 spoilers) phantasmal blaze plan is?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

So for those that played the Crossbell arc, do the games go more into what the (CS2 spoilers) phantasmal blaze plan is?

I asked the same question elsewhere and apparently the answer is no one knows what the deal with that is

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just read Gambler Jack 2, if that isn't set-up for the good guy team in the Calvard Arc I don't know what is.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Specto posted:

There's actually some stuff relating to that in the NG+ books: It mentions 2 gods that fought until reaching a mutual defeat, leaving behind their kin and the Great Power. Possibly related to the 2 Sept-Terions said to be in Erebonia

Speaking of that, do those books spoil anything from The 3rd? Is that why some have said play the third before playing new game plus?

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 13, 2016

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

theblackw0lf posted:

You do get some lore information. (CS2 final dungeon spoiler) The Great One, and that this is related to something that happened 1200 years ago

Wondering if The Third and Crossbell arc will give more info

The Great One likely being the Great Power that the divine knights were born out of. 1200 years ago was the great collapse of the ancient civilization due to the Septterrions going haywire. So the great power/one is probably a Septterrion.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

The Great One likely being the Great Power that the divine knights were born out of. 1200 years ago was the great collapse of the ancient civilization due to the Septterrions going haywire. So the great power/one is probably a Septterrion.

There's actually some stuff relating to that in the NG+ books: It mentions 2 gods that fought until reaching a mutual defeat, leaving behind their kin and the Great Power. Possibly related to the 2 Sept-Terions said to be in Erebonia

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so am I just remarkably unlucky or are your party members in cold steel 2 just blind as gently caress

they all miss so goddamn much, it's insane

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

so am I just remarkably unlucky or are your party members in cold steel 2 just blind as gently caress

they all miss so goddamn much, it's insane

they lowered hit rate of physical attacks significantly

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

they lowered hit rate of physical attacks significantly

Yeah, they hit physical with a nerfbat and gave Arts a huge buff, though S-Craft spamming is still tops.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bummer. guess I'll have to invest in things that boost accuracy eventually

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

50% accuracy is enough for basically everything

I dunno I've always kept hit quartz on anyone I expected to do physical attacks because accuracy was pretty bad in the tits games too. Maybe cs1 was the exception and I didn't notice

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 13, 2016

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Specto posted:

Speaking of that. Do those books spoil anything from The 3rd? Is that why some have said play that first before starting NG+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

less spoils and more focuses on parts of the lore only really introduced in 3rd