Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Did anyone else notice in MaRo's article that they're announcing all of the Kaladesh masterpieces today? That seems fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Rinkles posted:

They're releasing the full list of Kaladesh inventions in 4 hours.

not sure how this impacts my post but thanks for the heads up i'll be f5ing

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ShaneB posted:

We have seen literally 4 of the FIFTY loving FOUR (an absolutely insane number IMO) cards that will be in the two sets of the block. I imagine there will be a wide enough demand across all of them to be fine.

Weird artifacts, and especially mana crypts, are almost always 1-of cards that are primarily used in EDH. Æther vials and sensei tops are probably the only 4-of artifact that's costly and even if they're included, there won't be anywhere near as much demand. Lands trump artifact any day.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

e: missed bird

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 12, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

Off the top of my head: Aether Vial, Chalice, Ensnaring Bridge, Wurmcoil, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Swords.

Those are either not very expensive or have been recently reprinted with the possible exception of maybe Bridge?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ShaneB posted:

not sure how this impacts my post but thanks for the heads up i'll be f5ing

Just an fyi

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Masterpiece cards are planned for Magic Online, but will not be redeemable and are not counted as part of the set. They're going to be distributed in an exciting new way, but we're not quite ready to announce what that is. Look for that announcement later this month.

enemas i hope

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Those are all seriously strong commons/uncommons.
Really efficient for black.
The bird is great too, 1U 1/3 faerie mechanist is a nice one for artifact draft decks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zoness posted:

enemas i hope

every time you enter an event with packs purchased directly from the store, you have a chance to open one!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I mean I already feel like Wizards is giving me an enema every time I think about buying packs from the store.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

mcmagic posted:

Since they are all artifacts I can't really think of any non reserved list staples they i would get overly excited to see reprinted. Very meh.

Arcbound Ravager, Spellskite, Caged Sun come to mind.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bugsy posted:

Those have all been reprinted in the last few years...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bugsy posted:

they have to fit the flavor of kaledesh too, but it would be cool if spellskite was there and explicitly a tezzeret invention

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Okay.

So?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

they have to fit the flavor of kaledesh too, but it would be cool if spellskite was there and explicitly a tezzeret invention

kinda sucks how they explicitly said Jitte was on the initial list but got cut cause there was no way they could bend the flavor to fit

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

mcmagic posted:

So had ally fetches, but we still got excited over those.

I really want Ensnaring Bridge to get one, that's be gorgeous with a Kaladesh art style.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I can't say I'm unhappy that Jitte will never be in the limited format, even though it'd be vanishingly rare.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

These look cool and all (especially the special frame) but I feel like an Expedition-style printing of a card already available in the set proper sets a really dangerous precedent that I can't describe.

lol at this though

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

C-Euro posted:

These look cool and all (especially the special frame) but I feel like an Expedition-style printing of a card already available in the set proper sets a really dangerous precedent that I can't describe.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

C-Euro posted:

What precedent does it set, and how is it dangerous?
Unless you're literally saying there's a slippery slope to cards only printed at super rare, in which case lol.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

e: missed bird

Impulse Artifact Bird?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

Impulse Artifact Bird?

faerie mechanist meets augur of bolas

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Engineered Explosives is sniffing $50 and can't be reprinted outside of a Masters set or a return to Sunburst (lol), seems like a good one to include. They probably had these picked out before the price on EE spiked though.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

Impulse Artifact Bird?

Mostly better version of this guy. And Faerie Mechanist was a definite roleplayer in Alara and MM1 drafts.
Also good with vehicles.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I really hope Spidersilk Net is one of them

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
personally i think kaladesh sets a dangerous precedent of artifact themed sets with artifact themed mechanics.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it could really use some artifact lands and cost reduction mechanics though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sarmhan posted:

Mostly better version of this guy. And Faerie Mechanist was a definite roleplayer in Alara and MM1 drafts.
Also good with vehicles.

It not being an artifact is a pretty big deal because you can't chain copies of it like you could the Mechanist.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zoness posted:

faerie mechanist meets augur of bolas

look at the top 4 cards of your library and put them at the bottom of your library in any order

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Zoness posted:

personally i think kaladesh sets a dangerous precedent of artifact themed sets with artifact themed mechanics.

Why

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It not being an artifact is a pretty big deal because you can't chain copies of it like you could the Mechanist.
Yes, but you get to look at another card and the cost/body is nicer. It's not like there's going to be a lack of artifacts to draft, especially with all the vehicles driving around.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

look at the top 4 cards of your library, put a card named Mana Crypt into your hand and put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
goon encounters a joke, stands there scratching his head like a caveman looking at a cellphone

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wotc are already huge pieces of poo poo that will go up to super secret rarity nine and they wont give a poo poo and literally none of the people will quit playing over it

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I wonder if Ashiok is an aetherborn walker, he doesn't look a million miles apart from these guys

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Wurzag posted:

I wonder if Ashiok is an aetherborn walker, he doesn't look a million miles apart from these guys
They've already confirmed Ashiok isn't an aetherborn despite the visual similarities.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Wurzag posted:

The retcon is all but guaranteed at this point (and any differences can be handwaved as "well thats just what Aetherborn look like on Kaladesh")

edit: or not

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

rabidsquid posted:

wotc are already huge pieces of poo poo that will go up to super secret rarity nine and they wont give a poo poo and literally none of the people will quit playing over it

Anyone complaining about Duel Terminal Ultra Parallel Rare Promos of cards being slipped into packs is an idiot.

Unless they want to argue about general limited balance in which case I might hear them out.

Lookin' at you Expedition Kor Haven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

sarmhan posted:

They've already confirmed Ashiok isn't an aetherborn despite the visual similarities.

Booo, that would have been kinda cool

• Locked thread