Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Killer Queen posted:

Yeah. Rowlet is maybe the cutest starter in Pokemon history, but its rumored final evolution is so tedious and bland. An adorable leaf bird turning into yet another bipedal humanoid thing is the most boring. If it really does happen, then a secondary starter evolution where Rowlet stays an owl would be super sweet.

I have nothing wrong with cool humanoid Pokemon (like Lopunny and Ampharos!), but Rowlet's rumored final evolution isn't cool and I was really looking forward to a cute owl that stays a cute owl through its whole line!

Its still a cute owl. It's just has longer legs now. I'm glad they kept it a barn owl and not a great horned owl like everything else (Even gen 2).

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Who gives a poo poo if they're humanoid or not they look cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space T Rex posted:

Ugh the werewolfs face ruin it. Why does he look like BladeRunner(tm) OC Do Not Steal The Hedgehog or some poo poo?

He's crash bandicoot and thats win as hell

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I bet archer owl is gonna be super popular. Everyone loves archers, especially Japan.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Zore posted:

you know birds are bipedal to begin with right.

like, a bird's body shape is already fairly close to humanoid. and this

Isn't really that humanoid. It still has the backward bird legs, wings instead of arms and a pretty short body overall.

I think it looks pretty rad, probably in my top starter evos ever. Definitely less humanoid than, say, Blaziken or Greninja.

its a scaley.

i want the shark in your avatar to be made of papermache and also be in sun/moon

Mâchéark

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Rowlet's final evo looks like trash (though it might look better as a 3D model with cool animations and stuff), but fortunately we can just slap an Eviolite on the middle stage if that looks as good as Rowlet itself. Might be the next Braixen.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Birds are bipedal therefore they are automatically bad, kill all birds

Hoothoot :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tired Moritz posted:

I bet archer owl is gonna be super popular. Everyone loves archers, especially Japan.

I bet the popularity will go Wrestler Cat, Archer Owl, then lastly Siren Dog. I like all three, but the first two are definitely the ones I hear the most about.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
every pokeman who wrestles is a good pokeman

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I have no idea how someone could look at that weird rear end owl thing and say it looks better than noted top-notch examples of humanoid Pokemon, Blaziken and Greninja. :raise:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

still has two legs. It just hops from one to the other really quick. Read the pokedex :colbert:

Killer Queen posted:

I have no idea how someone could look at that weird rear end owl thing and say it looks better than noted top-notch examples of humanoid Pokemon, Blaziken and Greninja. :raise:

Blaziken and Greninja are good and also more humanoid than the Owl. Owl is also good and I like him more than them :colbert:

Blaziken also loses a ton of points for having the most :effort: mega-evo.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

An unfortunate victim of fused foot syndrome, but he still counts

e: or that, that works too

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I just noticed his bowstring is also the cord that closes his hoodie :kimchi:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I like archer owl. I think he looks far more bird-like than human-like.

I really hope his animations involve head bobbing.

Owls bob their heads up and down because they can't move their eyeballs. It's also why they can rotate their heads so much.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Blaziken also loses a ton of points for having the most :effort: mega-evo.

It's hard to improve upon perfection.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

blaziken is a garbage can

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Blaziken is alright but Mega Blaziken makes it look like Heihachi and that's cool

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
How can anybody not love Robin Hoot?

Come on, it's Robin Hoot!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I like Bowlett because it still looks like a barn owl.
Compare: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvG3DLA-OY/?taken-by=ojohs&hl=en

Exclusive leak !!!! Bowlett''s cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmRmRb2OpE

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaziken is alright but Mega Blaziken makes it look like Heihachi and that's cool

I also like that they gave it Hot Rod colors, as a visual manifestation of Speed Boost.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pentaro posted:

I like Bowlett because it still looks like a barn owl.
Compare: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvG3DLA-OY/?taken-by=ojohs&hl=en

Exclusive leak !!!! Bowlett''s cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmRmRb2OpE

Barn owls are cool.

Owls in general, are cool.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Archer Owl is cool as flippin hell whereas the Wrestle Cat is so bad it might be The Worst Pokemon(tm)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Waffles Inc. posted:

Archer Owl is cool as flippin hell whereas the Wrestle Cat is so bad it might be The Worst Pokemon(tm)

Still not as bad as Loudred

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

What's the Pokemon Go stuff in the bottom right about?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waffles Inc. posted:

Kinda have to agree here.

Probably the most disappointing 3rd stage starter evo after a rad as hell first stage. Somehow worse than Samurott which is almost impressive.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why was Samurott considered disappointing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ruggington posted:

hmm

is this too long for a thread title

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Pokemon Sun&Moon: If you've ever seen an animal getting flayed in a TV show

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Samurott is amazing, all Samurott haters vacate immediately

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Calaveron posted:

It looks awesome but it's only good as an HM slave.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I kinda like how the owls first form has a bow tie and the last form has a bow

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I know who OWL be picking.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did you guys ever see the scene in apocalypse now where they hack a buffalo open

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Was it a Tauros?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

It looks nothing like its previous forms (otter to sea lion wtf), goes from bipedal to quadrupedal, and has a sword that it holds with flippers (shoulda stayed on two legs if they were gonna do that.)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy posted:

did you guys ever see the scene in apocalypse now where they hack a buffalo open

Or the scene in The Revenant where Leo sleeps inside a horse.

That's how GF came up with Mudsdale.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Gentle reminder that Samurott has shell blades on its arms that it pulls out during combat and it's the loving coolest poo poo ever

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

mirthdefect posted:

What's the Pokemon Go stuff in the bottom right about?

Just it saying "look, Pokémon from GO appear in the game with different forms!"

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Samurott is amazing, all Samurott haters vacate immediately

I think Samurott is alright but such a huge disappointment after Dewott aka the best stage 2 since Wartortle

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

blaziken is a garbage can

a very cool and strong garbage can that contains no garbage and is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
That's a shame because water starters are without fail the best starters in all generations ever