Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They just need to buy her Vita rain zero from Costco. I have trouble remembering to drunk water but I can down a bunch of bottles of my flavor water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Lmao at anyone who buys into the idea trump hAs ever performed a magnanimous act in his life

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spacebump posted:

"Everyone who helped clear the rubble, and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit. But I want to tell you, those people were amazing. Clearing the rubble, trying to find additional lives, you didn't know what was going to come down on all of us and they handled it" Donald Trump

....and THEY handled it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deified Data posted:

This is literally me. I get "thirsty" maybe once or twice a week and have to actively force myself to drink water to stay hydrated, otherwise it's just not something that naturally crosses my mind. This kind of came to a head in my teens when I caught the flu and didn't stay hydrated as one should and couldn't stand up without fainting. My parents had to stand me up and help me to the car to drive to the hospital. Now I drink a gallon every day. This is weirdly humanizing.

I'm the exact opposite. First thing I do when I wake up is to grab a 50 oz bottle, fill it with refreshingly delicious cold tap water (Our tap is really good here.) and chug that thing down. Then I refill the bottle and drink the rest during the day.

I'd probably die within minutes in a desert.

Darth123123 posted:

....and THEY handled it.
"I watched and helped a bit." If you let other people do their work, it's not different from watching. He clearly implied that he lifted some pebbles.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 12, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

Didn't her first fainting spell and concussion happen partly because she was dehydrated as hell?

I can attest that fainting comes hard and fast when you're dehydrated. One minute you're walking to the bathroom and the next you're waking up to your mom checking if you're still alive. It's very easy to think you're up for something one second and be woefully unprepared the next, even if that thing is something as simple as walking or standing upright.

Air is lava! posted:

I'm the exact opposite. First thing I do when I wake up is to grab a 50 oz bottle, fill it with refreshingly delicious cold tap water (Our tap is really good here.) and chug that thing down. Then I refill the bottle and drink the rest during the day.

I'd probably die within minutes in a desert.

That's me now, thankfully, since I started working out and have to keep super-hydrated to maintain my creatine cycle.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 12, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Darth123123 posted:

....and THEY handled it.

Just because that was the last thing he said in the video doesn't mean everything else is ignorable.

He still included himself in "everyone who helped clear the rubble", claiming "I was there" and "I helped a little bit"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:abuela: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/775456345474695168

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZl9j580tM

Proof Hillary is a robot. Or something. I'm not insane so I don't know how this conspiracy stuff is suppose to work.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Good forbid a politician say an untoward word directed at the unrepentant former leader of the loving KKK. Gonna have to bring in the fainting couch for this one.

I was originally willing to give the media the benefit of the doubt going into the debates, but after this weekend was handled I'm preparing for the worst.

Edit: Hilldog twitter game on point.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spacebump posted:

Just because that was the last thing he said in the video doesn't mean everything else is ignorable.

He still included himself in "everyone who helped clear the rubble", claiming "I was there" and "I helped a little bit"

Who paid those people? He helped a little bit. Just like Hillary has a cold.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
So what's phone banking like? Got an email re: Annapolis phone banking and thinking about volunteering.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

size1one posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZl9j580tM

Proof Hillary is a robot. Or something. I'm not insane so I don't know how this conspiracy stuff is suppose to work.

it's proof she's falling apart.

:boom:

or she dropped her pen.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it was her butterfly knife

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Trump:@WhiteGenocideTM::Hillary:@GayWonk

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Somehow I still had a digital subscription to the New York Times, and upon realizing it promptly fixed that problem. The entire media top to bottom is a loving joke.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Darth123123 posted:

....and THEY handled it.

"They did a beautiful job, it's true."

I just watched the clip of Pence with Wolf and it's not quite as straightforward as that HRC tweet makes it out to be. Pence disavows David Duke, Wolfy B wants him to use the word "deplorable" and Pence declines to continue talking about David Duke, tying instead, like a politician, to keep scoring points off of what HRC said.

It kind of feels like those situations where a right winger is trying to play gotcha with the words "radical Islamic terrorism"

Egg Moron fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 12, 2016

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

paperwind posted:

Somehow I still had a digital subscription to the New York Times, and upon realizing it promptly fixed that problem. The entire media top to bottom is a loving joke.

I think we need a thread of GOOD places to get news. As a way to help each other out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Obama is planning to veto legislation that would allow suits against Saudi Arabia in reference to 9/11, but it appears that Congress has enough votes for an override. That would be the first overridden veto of Obama's presidency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/13/u...v=top-news&_r=0

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

paperwind posted:

One of the editors at the NYT said he would eat the jailtime to publish Trump's tax returns should they get leaked. Did he say that because it would never happen?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Obama is planning to veto legislation that would allow suits against Saudi Arabia in reference to 9/11, but it appears that Congress has enough votes for an override. That would be the first overridden veto of Obama's presidency.

It won't pass a veto vote. If it does the dems are loving themselves.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really cannot imagine what the point of this law is other than jingoism and optics

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sorus posted:

So what's phone banking like? Got an email re: Annapolis phone banking and thinking about volunteering.

It's like telemarketing. They give you a list of names, you call them, you ask who they support, if they're undecided you maybe give them your pitch if they'll let you, you try to get commitments to vote, and you ask supporters if they'll volunteer. It's pretty low intensity work.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Darth123123 posted:

Who paid those people? He helped a little bit. Just like Hillary has a cold.

If you're asking who paid the first responders, the answer is the tax payers of New York. We don't actually know if Trump is included in that group since he won't release his tax returns.

Anyway, he wasn't insinuating he helped by paying the first responders.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I really cannot imagine what the point of this law is other than jingoism and optics

The point is to give up the pretense that Saudi Arabia is innocent. It's not like any of those lawsuits are going to successfully get money out of the Saudi king or whatever.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Reminder that Brian Williams' career was nearly ended when he claimed he was in the vague vicinity of a firefight in Iraq and Republicans still bring up sniper fire on the tarmac as proof Hillary is a crazy lying hag.

But Trump claiming he helped clear rubble on 9/11? Better let it slide, it might be bias if we call him out on it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only thing this bill is gonna do is open to families of 9/11 victims to predatory lawyers looking to get them in on a bound to fail class lawsuit or normal lawsuits and it's loving lovely and should be veto'd

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spacebump posted:

If you're asking who paid the first responders, the answer is the tax payers of New York. We don't actually know if Trump is included in that group since he won't release his tax returns.

Anyway, he wasn't insinuating he helped by paying the first responders.

No he didn't say that. He brought in hundreds of his own people. Too help a bit. Around his buildings. It's true and a fact.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

More violence against protesters!

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/775460741377777664

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Darth123123 posted:

....and THEY handled it.

You must be a gimmick because otherwise you'd be too dumb to remember to breathe.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

But can we talk about how Hillary is inciting #WhiteGenocide instead, maybe?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The only thing this bill is gonna do is open to families of 9/11 victims to predatory lawyers looking to get them in on a bound to fail class lawsuit or normal lawsuits and it's loving lovely and should be veto'd

I'm quite looking forward to pakistani farmers v. John O'Brennan, myself.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

1stGear posted:

Reminder that Brian Williams' career was nearly ended when he claimed he was in the vague vicinity of a firefight in Iraq and Republicans still bring up sniper fire on the tarmac as proof Hillary is a crazy lying hag.

But Trump claiming he helped clear rubble on 9/11? Better let it slide, it might be bias if we call him out on it.

He didn't

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Yes. He did. It's on video. He says this.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

On Terra Firma posted:

Yes. He did. It's on video. He says this.
Reality does not exist if it disadvantages the Master

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

paperwind posted:

I've had the Sunday NYT delivered to my house for years and I cancelled this morning.

BigRed0427 posted:

I think we need a thread of GOOD places to get news. As a way to help each other out.

For the short term I'm sending the money I was spending on the NYT to Mother Jones.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Let's see whats in our basket of deplorables today

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/775462778391977984

Oh, this one is quite nice. I wonder what other interesting and exciting deplorables we will find in our basket tomorrow!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gary Kasparov off the top rope

https://twitter.com/kasparov63/status/775463192898088960

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

1stGear posted:

Remember how on the same day the towers collapsed he was like "I'm glad my tower is now the biggest"

Remember how he also stole 150,000 dollars of the 9/11 relief funds that Hillary Clinton fought for.

quote:

Months ago, Trump patted himself on the back for his imaginary efforts.

“It was probably a reimbursement for the fact that I allowed people, for many months, to stay in the building (40 Wall St.), use the building and store things in the building,” Trump told Time magazine in April.

“I was happy to do it, and to this day I am still being thanked for the many people I helped. The value of what I did was far greater than the money talked about, much of which was sent automatically to building owners in the area.”

But those comments don’t match the forms Trump’s company submitted to the New York state government requesting the money for his property, the Trump Building at 40 Wall St.

quote:

"The company received this small amount of money after qualifying, given the limited number of employees working at the property,” he said. “For many months, I allowed people to stay in the building, use the building and store things in the building.”

Trump, in the days after the attacks, said that his property “wasn’t affected by what happened to the World Trade Center,” though that was before subsequent shutdowns of the neighborhood and the loss of business activity in the area.

It’s unclear what, if any, help Trump provided to those affected by 9/11.

Trump’s campaign and his attorney did not respond to questions about why Trump claimed that he allowed people to use the building when the forms show otherwise, or requests for more information about who and how he helped after the terror attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Plaintiff's lawyers don't really work this way.

• Locked thread