Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I got a green crown in Picross 3D 2 (?)

i just got my second one and i think its just a total points threshold, i think i got it for passing 6000 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

catharine was good. the puzzles were pretty challenging on hard mode and the remixed classical soundtrack was cool.

ilomilo was also really excellent and I wonder if anyone else played it? think it was Xbox 360 exclusive

I loved Ilomilo, one of the later 2d bonus levels took me sooo long

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

picross e6 is done, until I forget all of these puzzles and come back to do the mega picross versions.

I love micross, there are some really challenging 10x10s in these puzzles.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How did I miss the option in the setting menu for the picross e games that lets you switch it to free mode? wish I had found it before I finished e6 but I still have e5-e to finish...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5TbHcK_qvE

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

this looks awesome

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i played the room for my iphone, and its basically that childrens game where you have to put the round keg in the round hole,and the square peg in the square hole, etc. phone games are retarded.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i also played monument valley on my brothers phone and its allright but way too eaysy and too short.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I forgot I owned Crashmo and never really played it much but i started it up tonight and this games a lot of fun. I think it's like $7 or something too , plenty of puzzle for your dollar

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Pushmo games are great. The Wii u version has a Mario maker style user creation hub

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Is it fascism yet posted:

i played the room for my iphone, and its basically that childrens game where you have to put the round keg in the round hole,and the square peg in the square hole, etc. phone games are retarded.

its enjoyable to play around with, even if simple as a puzzle

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is cool, thanks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i really love alcazar cuz its a simple puzzle idea i dont think ive seen before, thats also super well suited to tablet play. its something you could play with pencil and paper, but you also just draw simple giant lines and want to erase and redraw a lot, touch is a great fit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought this book today

why does picross have 200 different names?

I got picross 3d 1 at a used games store for a few bucks, but it looks like round 2 is a lot more interesting. I dunno if I should finish 1 before buying 2...

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

i really love alcazar cuz its a simple puzzle idea i dont think ive seen before, thats also super well suited to tablet play. its something you could play with pencil and paper, but you also just draw simple giant lines and want to erase and redraw a lot, touch is a great fit

Yeah, the interface is exactly what takes it from ok to great. I was thinking about that today, the simple lock function makes it a lot of fun because unlike other puzzles, you can keep track of lines that you've strictly proven, but when you feel like you have a good hunch you can still just take a stab at it without worrying about messing up the locked parts.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

it's cool, thx again for the recommend. I have been playing it a lot on my phone

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6R9TixTJ4

This game looks tough as gently caress

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Chariot is $4.50 on PS4 right now and it's a rly cool local co op puzzle platformer. Not that fun in single player though

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I remember the concept of alcazar being a one-off puzzle in a lot of those variety puzzle magazines, it was called brickpath or something and it was one of my favorite puzzles so Im definitely picking that game up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I used to buy the big packs of back issues of those magazines lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You knew you were in for a good day of puzzling when you found one with no crossword puzzles and a shitload of other games involving pyramids, venn diagrams, etc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I remember insisting the penny press books were better than the dell books but i dont remember why and they're 1 company now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think the penny press mags had more puzzle variety both in a single issue and across issues

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Welcome to imp zone control volume, happy posting :cheerdoge:

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
Rush is a really cool game made by the developers who made Toki Tori and it's on sale for fifty cents on steam

the game is difficult to describe so check out the steam page video: http://store.steampowered.com/app/38720/

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
actually all of Two Tribes' games are on sale for 90% off right now. Toki Tori 1 & 2, Edge, and Rush are all good puzzle games

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I like Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This picross book that I bought is great and I think I'll really be able to hone my skills with it. Normally when I try web picross or something similar the puzzles aren't very well designed and it's like they made them by just taking a picture and then tracing it using squares. But this book is just as well designed as Jupiter's games. Which makes sense because it was made by the creator of picross. It starts off at 15x15 but ramps all the way up to 40x40. This is gonna be so good.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This is the second game they made that simulates what I'm doing at school right now and I think that's pretty cool. :)

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I started playing the ace attorney games, starting from the first one. Loving it so far. they are adventure games, and adventure games are puzzle games imo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Make sure to try out Avian Attorney as well. It's rough around the edges, but there's a lot of charm to it!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody play the re-release of Lumines yet? The original was the #1 reason to own a PSP (besides classic game emulation obviously)

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i just gor done playing case 4 in the 1st aa game and HOLY poo poo this is epic as gently caress. its the one with the parrot and von karma, in case you dont remember

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just gor done playing case 4 in the 1st aa game and HOLY poo poo this is epic as gently caress. its the one with the parrot and von karma, in case you dont remember

they are good games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 5th case is even better. Buckle up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shelly de Killer

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
https://logicbox.jahooma.com/ yall like that spacechem

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

The 5th case is even better. Buckle up.

omg koos... what did you do

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Is avian attorney finally finished? read some reviews back at launch saying it cut off suddenly and I wanted to wait to buy it until it was done to get the full experience in one playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I played device 6 (which was deece) and then i played a Text Adventure called Lost pig. Which was Great!
Try it here: http://jayisgames.com/games/lost-pig/
Its under 2 hours long.

• Locked thread