Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

daxing dan, a poster on here, is involved with 'jojo's colored adventure' which is retranslating vento aureo in a way that doesn't suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Neato posted:

Which translation should I be reading.
If you're on Batoto, the one that's translated by JoJo's Colored Adventure. It's not completed yet, but getting drat close and is very good

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
part 5 has plenty of issues but I can't wait until I get to see my very, very angry boy King Crimson animated

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I reread the very very end of part 5 with diavolo's end and I noticed that in a bunch of close-ups that his eyes were pretty much the same as king crimson's and I thought that was neat. Like, it looked like they were popping out of the head just like KC's eyes do.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/LEGOdouMoko/status/769202152312934401

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I just finished Part 7 after putting it down multiple times near the start since I wasn't really liking into it much at first, but goddamn it's actually super good.

Although now I really want to start Part 8, but know if I start reading it right now I'm just gonna burn out like 15 chapters in and it's going to take forever to get caught up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do it for him

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

do it for literally anyone else

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
do it in spite of him

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Do it to spite him, specifically

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojolion isn't over yet so there's still time for him to get dragged into hell by shadow people

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Johnny Joestar posted:

jojolion isn't over yet so there's still time for him to get dragged into hell by shadow people

after a hot pottery scene with demi moore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Don't be mad because Joshu styles on all of you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Joshu is a perfect boy

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

A perfect clown, maybe

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Joshu is the most likeable unlikeable pissbaby in the world.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

joshu did nothing wrong

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nut King Call is also a really cool loving stand

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

Joshu is the most likeable unlikeable pissbaby in the world.

Why do you think we find him so relatable

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Joshu is the Anasui for a modern era. They're super alike, right down to being worthless trash with a Stand infinitely cooler than they are.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

Someone fuckin White Snake Nut King Call out of Joshuu and into like Daiya or Kyo so they can do cool poo poo

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

I dont know much about the guy but i like em'.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i recently read all of part five after making several aborted attempts over the last few years and i gotta say

i really wasn't that impressed

some of the stands are cool, but the overall thing just feels like a huge god damned mess and giogio is probably the worst jojo i've "met"

also, i started reading part six and it seems way better and way more coherent with, overall, far more likeable characters

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Giogio is more boring than even Jotaro and the whole premise of the arc is also boring. The ending is a nonsensical mess that has no clear theme. The bit with the mold stand near the end is cool though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

Joshu is the Anasui for a modern era. They're super alike, right down to being worthless trash with a Stand infinitely cooler than they are.

At least Annasui was willing to die for the cause

E: on the other hand, Joshua ISN'T tsurugi so he has that going for him

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 12, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, what a loving loser. Joshu didn't put up with that poo poo, he took a dude's suffering and gave it right back to him because it's not his loving problem.

The hero we all should aspire to be.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Part 5's main flaw seems to be a lack of direction really, there's a ton of fantastic ideas there but most of them never really go anywhere.

great fights tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's kinda funny that joshu doesn't believe in god in a world where jesus christ's corpse was in his town decades before he was born

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can think of a lot of cool things in part 5 that get negated because there's so much more wrong

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't want to judge part 5 too harshly since I read the worse scans, but I thought it was just alright when the other parts that sandwiched it were fantastic. People talk about Buccelati being awesome, but there was never really a point where I thought "Man, this guy is cool". Also Mista was awful and I hated him.

I liked Fugo from the start, Abbachio I ended up warming up to when we saw his backstory (that I have mostly forgotten the specifics of), and Narancia was pretty good. I think that list says a lot about how part 5 was against me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Worth noting: I poo poo on Joshu not because he is bad but because his garbage power is immense

Tsurugi is just kinda creepy

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I've been told that Narancia is a boy but i still see him as a girl.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Actually this one's better

"I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Signorina."

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 13, 2016

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

narancia is a cute boy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd go out with any JoJo FWIW

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
When I read through part 5, there wasn't any point during or after where I thought 'boy, Giorno is a bad JoJo,' but in retrospect he was basically just not a character at all. He was just... there.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Narancha? I had to look this up, I guess I have no idea how to pronounce italian. I know in italian Giogio sounds much closer to Jojo than youd expect

https://www.howtopronounce.com/italian/narancia/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Meme Emulator posted:

I know in italian Giogio sounds much closer to Jojo than youd expect

Wait, how did you think it sounded? Gee-oh gee-oh?