Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

divabot posted:

My review of Lurkey's Chud is up at Eruditorium and you fine people are credited at the end. Obviously further conclusive evidence that Cultural Marxism was invented on the LF forum at SA.

AHAHAHA MIXERMAN JUST SHOWED UP TO FLAME HIM PERSONALLY HOLY poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fenris Wulf is one of those guys who can't figure out how threaded comment sections work and posts every reply as its own thread. It's so... so perfect.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

divabot posted:

AHAHAHA MIXERMAN JUST SHOWED UP TO FLAME HIM PERSONALLY HOLY poo poo

Huh. I certainly didn't expect to see "Mixerman" come up in this thread. Any thread actually. Weird.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Antivehicular posted:

Fenris Wulf is one of those guys who can't figure out how threaded comment sections work and posts every reply as its own thread. It's so... so perfect.

I was slightly disappointed that Phil gave him repeated blasts, given the entertainment potential of pet fash in controlled conditions, but then it is literally his site ...

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I like how white supremacy has evolved from White People Uber Alles to White People And Also My Anime Waifus Uber Alles as the demographics were slowly changed by the internet.

It's just absurd. Would Hitler have allied with the Japanese? No I say!

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/marylovefreedom/status/775110527366422530

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
You know you suck when *Cathy Young* thinks you're terrible:

https://twitter.com/marylovefreedom/status/775388866933039104

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Hillary Clinton was talking about the Alt-Right when she said half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables" right?
Or was she talking about the other deplorable people that have rallied to his banner? It's hard to keep straight which group of his supporters falls under what descriptor these days. Especially since the internet started leaking into the public sphere, what with the whole Alt Right being talked about by network news anchors.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Hillary Clinton was talking about the Alt-Right when she said half of Trump's supporters were a "basket of deplorables" right?

Basically, considering the CEO of Breitbart is helping run Trump's campaign.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Or was she talking about the other deplorable people that have rallied to his banner? It's hard to keep straight which group of his supporters falls under what descriptor these days. Especially since the internet started leaking into the public sphere, what with the whole Alt Right being talked about by network news anchors.

Yeah, it feels to me like it's part of her effort to court the "normal" Republicans who are freaking out about Trump, as though they're going to give up on decades of hating her just like that.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Yeah, it feels to me like it's part of her effort to court the "normal" Republicans who are freaking out about Trump, as though they're going to give up on decades of hating her just like that.

Really she should be focusing her efforts to appeal to the left voter base.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
she doesn't feel any need to offer the left anything, never has, never will. She will never not charge to the right. "Vote Hillary or else Trump" is the only thing she has ever bothered to offer to lefties. Demoralizing but true.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

The point isn't necessarily to get them to vote for her, just vote for Johnson or stay home instead of voting for Trump.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Actually, she later said that she shouldn't have said half.

uber_stoat posted:

she doesn't feel any need to offer the left anything, never has, never will. She will never not charge to the right. "Vote Hillary or else Trump" is the only thing she has ever bothered to offer to lefties. Demoralizing but true.

Considering that her and the DNC's platforms moved significantly leftward after Bernie gained traction, I don't think this is the case.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

pookel posted:

You know you suck when *Cathy Young* thinks you're terrible:

https://twitter.com/marylovefreedom/status/775388866933039104

aw look at those soon-to-be racist internet trolls! :allears:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

No but she and Trump have succeeded at convincing a large number of Republicans to vote Libertarian or not at all.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

uber_stoat posted:

Speaking as a Brit, it seems the only information we get about those two is Vote Trump Because He's Not Hilary, or Vote Hilary Because She's Not Trump.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking as a member of the BNP

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You don't post for four days, and yet within two minutes of mine...lmfao.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah media coverage has been spectacularly lovely. One of the candidates has actual policy proposals and the other is a racist mango.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

You don't post for four days, and yet within two minutes of mine...lmfao.

How happy were you when your need to obsessively check the post history of anyone who replies to you finally paid off?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah that's really it. Trump getting the nomination is almost enough to get me to believe in rigged elections. How else could he get the nomination besides a lizard man plot to force me to vote for Hillary.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

poptart_fairy posted:

My mental illness manifests itself...

poptart_fairy posted:

...in a strange obsession with timestamps

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah that's really it. Trump getting the nomination is almost enough to get me to believe in rigged elections. How else could he get the nomination besides a lizard man plot to force me to vote for Hillary.

Because the republicans are really that bad, and have really signed that many deals with various devils. Trump is a conman, playing their game better than they can, to the audience of rubes and suckers that they have spent decades of their all-too-mortal lives painstakingly assembling. Anyone got that Jastiger quote about Cruz?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trump is the culmination of decades of lovely Republican policies and ideaologies. The mistrust of government, racebaiting politics, etc. It's a conspiracy alright, but one perpatrated by the Republicans on accident, against themselves.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking as a Brit, it seems the only information we get about those two is Vote Trump Because He's Not Hilary, or Vote Hilary Because She's Not Trump.

I mean they both have huge disapproval ratings which is bizarre and stupid for a national election, but I listen to the BBC and I'm pretty sure you're hearing a lot more about "holy gently caress what is wrong with america that Trump could be president" than about Hillary.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Watching the US election has been surreal over here in the UK. Pretty much everyone outside of the conspiracy nuts is desperately hoping Hillary will win because holy poo poo, Trump. Even most of the Conservatives I know outside of hardline 'kipper types are pretty hard anti-Trump.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"Vote Hilary Because She's Not Trump" is a pretty strong argument tbf.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://thefutureprimaeval.net/politics-is-upstream-of-ai/ In which neo-reactionaries are scared of a Marxist AI

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

How happy were you when your need to obsessively check the post history of anyone who replies to you finally paid off?

What are you really angry about, Somfin?

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I mean they both have huge disapproval ratings which is bizarre and stupid for a national election, but I listen to the BBC and I'm pretty sure you're hearing a lot more about "holy gently caress what is wrong with america that Trump could be president" than about Hillary.

Oh sure, but I mean overall it's not much different to what I mentioned. Like, a lot of newspapers will wail and gnash their teeth about how terrible [Candidate] is without ever going into an awful lot of detail why. I guess that's a statement on how lovely the news is here more than anything, though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

http://thefutureprimaeval.net/politics-is-upstream-of-ai/ In which neo-reactionaries are scared of a Marxist AI

I like how he blames Marxism for holding back AI when poo poo like cybersyn was killed by Chicago-school Pinochet.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Oh, so they're afraid of AI that's actually smart.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Oh, so they're afraid of AI that's actually smart.

Their plan for AI is a robot girl who'd unquestioningly gently caress them.

They don't want some beardy robonerd dorking out about sociological systems.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Tesseraction posted:

They don't want some beardy robonerd dorking out about sociological systems.

That's what mirrors are for.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

This is pretty much the exact opposite of reality.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I mean if Hillary is anything she's good at making token concessions to win the left before backpedaling the minute she's elected

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
What if Crooked Hillary uploads herself into a robot body and becomes an immortal president?

I am working with Dinesh D'Souza on a movie about this very scary possibility

Blizz Pizz Love Us
Aug 18, 2015

by exmarx

Somfin posted:

Anyone got that Jastiger quote about Cruz?

quote:

I just want to remind everyone of something.

One of the most loathsome people to ever loving live on this planet, Ted Cruz, backstabbed and hosed over every person he came in contact with for the past four years, forced his party into a bunch of no-win scenarios that made them look stupid and clueless, and generally called out everyone in his entire party as a bunch of commiesymp Islamolibs who want to dress up as a gay-married woman and gently caress a child in a public bathroom. He did all of these things knowingly, burning every bridge he's ever crossed, mauling every hand that's ever fed him, all in service of one dream: He would become the Republican nominee in 2016 and win the Presidency and then the trail of blood and nightmares he left behind wouldn't matter because gently caress you I'm POTUS that's why.

He sacrificed everything to this goal, and he's going to lose by a small number of delegates to the political equivalent of the Fukushima meltdown. His strategy would (probably) have worked! It's pretty clear that the JEB! never stood a chance regardless of how much money he raised because he's a loving walking Ambien who conservatives thoroughly despise, Scott Walker couldn't even figure out how to hire someone who understood things like "a budget," Ben Carson looks like an attractive candidate up until he has to speak in anything other than meaningless fortune-cookie platitudes, etc. All that work, all that planning, all that treachery, all that time.

ALL FOR loving NOTHING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's been reaching for this brass ring his entire life, leaning farther and farther out from his carousel horse. What would he lose first, his balance, or his nerve? But he never flinched, leaning out further and further with each turn of the carousel, and then just before, just before his fingertip brushed it an orange hand came out of nowhere and took that bitch right away from him, right in front of him, and there was never anything he could do to stop it. Now all that's left is the fall.

There aren't words in any language to describe the joy it brings me to see such a heinous, hateful motherfucker destroyed in such a gut-wrenching, miserable way. Tonight was the beginning of Ted Cruz's descent to a talk radio host saying things like, "Well, when *I* was in the United States Senate, let me tell you..."

Ted is a mess.
Ted is a waste.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

This thread is being mind-killed by politics. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Terrible Opinions posted:

Because the primary system is terrible and the other Republican candidates were all terrible, and Hillary Clinton is so widely loathed by U.S. conservatives that even people who wouldn't normally get behind Trump are willing to elect him if it means she loses.