Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RillAkBea posted:

I'm going to be doing translation for a certain game studio. Unfortunately they're only going to subcontract me part time for the moment with a potential full-time position in the future but it's a good result given that I pretty much cold called them.

Staying on Kyushu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

scuz posted:

Those all popped out.

Oh. Well, poo poo.

Yeah, then I can definitely see why you'd bail on the pegboard. Dealing with floppy hooks sucks dick.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

8 of 10 :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I recognized the Aston Martin DBS from that picture corn in the fridge posted.

Still looks tacky.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

scuz posted:

Those all popped out.

Zip ties Solve that problem .

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh yeah, this week's Eric Andre show was hilarious.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Someone just went 6.8 at 199 at Drag Week, and then into the wall. Chutes failed, slapped the wall pretty hard but the driver's out and walking around at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I got 7

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Timmy Cruise posted:

Tusen Takk - Just don't do what I did and wait for stuff to accumulate so you have to clear it all out in order to put up the insulation & drywall/whatever...

Agreed. even if you think you are totally skint try and find the money somehow to decorate/fix the walls and do carpets/floorings as appropriate BEFORE you move all your poo poo in. So much easier than doing it later after you've lived in it for a while!

On good terms with your parents and family? hit them up now for it!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tomarse posted:

Agreed. even if you think you are totally skint try and find the money somehow to decorate/fix the walls and do carpets/floorings as appropriate BEFORE you move all your poo poo in. So much easier than doing it later after you've lived in it for a while!

On good terms with your parents and family? hit them up now for it!

agreed, anything painting or flooring related should be done asap before you move in. ask my wife :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SouthsideSaint posted:

Zip ties Solve that problem .

How do you zip tie something through pegboard that is screwed into studs?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

How do you zip tie something through pegboard that is screwed into studs?
Don't screw it into studs :buddy: My pegboard got mounted ~1.5" off of the wall on a frame I fabricobbled out of spare lumber. There had been plans for putting a hinge across the top so I could store things behind it as well.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

gently caress DENNYS.

I mean, good God. How nasty can one cooler be?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
New gymkhana video coming out tomorrow apparently was filmed in my hometown of Buffalo. Odd location to choose but I'm excited to see where he went.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ExplodingSims posted:

gently caress DENNYS.

I mean, good God. How nasty can one cooler be?

This is not a question that you want answered.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

New gymkhana video coming out tomorrow apparently was filmed in my hometown of Buffalo. Odd location to choose but I'm excited to see where he went.

Not much choice, Australia wouldn't support hooning.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

My wife likes to play the piano. My mother has played the piano her whole life. My mother is ready to upgrade to a larger Steinway grand (Model B). She has had her current Steinway grand since she was 16 so plenty of sentimental value attached. It has been taken care of, and 6 years ago when they moved into their house they had it completely refinished to the tune (heh) of many :20bux:. Part of my mother upgrading includes selling the current piano. Last night while they were over for dinner at our house we were discussing about how they want a larger piano and the one they were looking at. We have a front room in our house and I said they could have it down at out place while they list it and try to get it sold and we could essentially "showcase" it or whatever given that it will probably take a while for something like that to sell. Then my mom just said "Yeah, we could maybe do that OR you could just buy it from us for (a number far lower than actual market value)". Initial thoughts are YES, because it would be a wonderful thing to keep in the family and for my wife to have and for my kids to learn on in addition to being a beautiful thing to have in our home. We have the cash to be able to do it too.

On the other hand; it is still a considerable cost. We have an old Baldwin standup piano that we would need to rid ourselves of but we got it free and that wouldn't be difficult to part with. It also does set back our plans for getting our M3 by a while too; like instead of being a 4-5 month timeline on getting it that time line moves another 6 months beyond. I still think I need to sleep on the decision.

WHAT SHOULD I DO INTERNET STRANGERS???

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

You can get an mp3 player and put not just piano music but many different musics on it too. They are much smaller

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

My wife likes to play the piano. My mother has played the piano her whole life. My mother is ready to upgrade to a larger Steinway grand (Model B). She has had her current Steinway grand since she was 16 so plenty of sentimental value attached. It has been taken care of, and 6 years ago when they moved into their house they had it completely refinished to the tune (heh) of many :20bux:. Part of my mother upgrading includes selling the current piano. Last night while they were over for dinner at our house we were discussing about how they want a larger piano and the one they were looking at. We have a front room in our house and I said they could have it down at out place while they list it and try to get it sold and we could essentially "showcase" it or whatever given that it will probably take a while for something like that to sell. Then my mom just said "Yeah, we could maybe do that OR you could just buy it from us for (a number far lower than actual market value)". Initial thoughts are YES, because it would be a wonderful thing to keep in the family and for my wife to have and for my kids to learn on in addition to being a beautiful thing to have in our home. We have the cash to be able to do it too.

On the other hand; it is still a considerable cost. We have an old Baldwin standup piano that we would need to rid ourselves of but we got it free and that wouldn't be difficult to part with. It also does set back our plans for getting our M3 by a while too; like instead of being a 4-5 month timeline on getting it that time line moves another 6 months beyond. I still think I need to sleep on the decision.

Musical instruments > cars so get the piano imo

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

IOwnCalculus posted:

Someone just went 6.8 at 199 at Drag Week, and then into the wall. Chutes failed, slapped the wall pretty hard but the driver's out and walking around at least.

Safety technology is a goddamn miracle.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Somewhat Heroic posted:

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

I know this is gonna sound like a silly question, but....

Can you physically fit the piano into your home?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Somewhat Heroic posted:

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

I think you should do it but be prepared to donate your old piano or something. You practically have to pay people to take them these days.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

Lean on your affluent & sentimentally attached mother to give it to you, "for the kids", and "so she can still visit it when she wants" and then you can get the M3 also. Problem solved.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How often does your wife play and what's the condition of the Baldwin? That's what I would factor into the decision. A piano with crap wrong with it is never fun to play on, I don't think a Steinway is worth the premium unless you're playing at a concert level but regardless they do command a premium and if the current piano sucks to play I'd probably bite the bullet if she plays regularly.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's probably like every other Baldwin - good to look at, hard to listen to

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

SCENARIO/QUESTION:

Can you swap an LS into it?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I only got 5 as well, but could've been better if I went with my first guess instead of being indecisive

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Buy the piano, keep it in the family.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

freelop posted:

You can get an mp3 player and put not just piano music but many different musics on it too. They are much smaller

Witchcraft!

fridge corn posted:

Musical instruments > cars so get the piano imo

At least in this instance it would actually maintain value.

Rotten Cookies posted:

I know this is gonna sound like a silly question, but....

Can you physically fit the piano into your home?

A valid question. Our home size is more than adequate and we actually have a front room that I can remove the love seat and chairs from that would house/show case it perfectly.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I think you should do it but be prepared to donate your old piano or something. You practically have to pay people to take them these days.

Free was what we paid for it and that's the same price it would leave my home.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Lean on your affluent & sentimentally attached mother to give it to you, "for the kids", and "so she can still visit it when she wants" and then you can get the M3 also. Problem solved.

That becomes a gray area due to me being the youngest of five, it would be much better to have a transaction take place. Additionally I think paying for it would be better for our relationship. Remember the M3 would only be delayed and not ruled out. I've waited and worked for it this long another ~6 months wouldn't be the end of the world.

1500quidporsche posted:

How often does your wife play and what's the condition of the Baldwin? That's what I would factor into the decision. A piano with crap wrong with it is never fun to play on, I don't think a Steinway is worth the premium unless you're playing at a concert level but regardless they do command a premium and if the current piano sucks to play I'd probably bite the bullet if she plays regularly.

The Baldwin came from my grandma when she moved into a rest home. It's decent and free was the price we weren't going to complain about. She plays the piano 1-2 times a week. With a nicer piano and as the children get older it's understood she'd put more time into playing. At the moment she doesn't have a ton of hobbies/interests so I'm really on board with the investment in it.

spog posted:

Can you swap an LS into it?

Normally I'd say yes, but a matching numbers from the 60's that's perfect running makes it a bad candidate for a swap. The Baldwin would no doubt run better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Convince them to gift you the piano. Then sell it and buy a car with the money.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That becomes a gray area due to me being the youngest of five, it would be much better to have a transaction take place.
Sounds like a pretty good test case to find out how much of a dick any given sibling is, assuming none of them have a valid (i.e. they play and have room) reason for wanting the piano themselves. If it'd just be "why are you giving them something that's worth $inheritence?" :qq:, then tell them to pull their head out their rear end.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tusen Takk posted:

We moved into my house and everything is good but my fridge isn't getting cold all of a sudden

Cleaned the condenser and got a number for a guy that will hopefully be able to refill the freon though worst case scenario it is from like 1999 and fridges aren't $2000 anymore so at least it won't be a complete shitshow

Unless it's something high end, you're almost always better off replacing it once it leaks. Residential refrigerators aren't really designed to be serviced much beyond fan and thermostat replacements unless it's something like a SubZero or a Viking.

A newer one will use a lot less energy too.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Walked 10.2k today. Takes a little more effort when you work at a desk but it feels good

,man.

Also buy the piano.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Oh mr I plasma cutter, where have you been all my life?:science:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

3 months in this apartment. They're finally coming out to fix my kitchen sink (which leaks from the knob and won't turn completely off) and replace my dishwasher tomorrow. Supposedly.

Took a few very bitchy phone calls over a couple of weeks to their corporate office and a visit from the city building inspector today. Apparently that combination got the regional president's attention (called me) , along with their "director of brand marketing" (emailed me) and an apologetic yet bitchy voicemail from the on-site management. My lease actually states they can evict me for calling the city for "unfounded" issues, but the inspector told me that I'm far from the only person bitching about this place.

:10bux: says they don't offer to renew my lease next year. :v:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

some texas redneck posted:

3 months in this apartment. They're finally coming out to fix my kitchen sink (which leaks from the knob and won't turn completely off) and replace my dishwasher tomorrow. Supposedly.

Took a few very bitchy phone calls over a couple of weeks to their corporate office and a visit from the city building inspector today. Apparently that combination got the regional president's attention (called me) , along with their "director of brand marketing" (emailed me) and an apologetic yet bitchy voicemail from the on-site management. My lease actually states they can evict me for calling the city for "unfounded" issues, but the inspector told me that I'm far from the only person bitching about this place.

lovely apartment is lovely.
News at 11.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rhyno posted:

Convince them to gift you the piano. Then sell it and buy a car with the money.

Or you could buy a Reliant Robin and put them both to good use.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

some texas redneck posted:

I don't want to be ugly, but why not fix the faucet yourself? We rent, but little stuff that breaks we fix ourselves. Granted, if I replace a faucet, then it'll come with me when we leave. Still, I don't have the patience to deal with something broken for three months.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That becomes a gray area due to me being the youngest of five, it would be much better to have a transaction take place. Additionally I think paying for it would be better for our relationship. Remember the M3 would only be delayed and not ruled out. I've waited and worked for it this long another ~6 months wouldn't be the end of the world.

Anxiously awaiting your 'We're having another kid' post in ~5.5 months after all this additional wifely pianosex that's gonna be going down, but good luck. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Clickspring is the most soothing poo poo on my entire feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T28sGA597IE

He sets the clock in motion for the first time at the end. God, that clicking of the escape wheel is so satisfying.

• Locked thread