Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pomp posted:

i have actual anxiety of going through all the effort of making dough from scratch, and working with a 500+ degree oven to make a friend pizza and they dip it in loving ranch

"My pizza is RUINED!!!" Says the person cooking pizza in a conventional oven set to "clean"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I have literal panic attacks when I imagine a person having low class taste preferences in my kitchen

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Death to all who insult pease pudding.

But seriously, I grew up having it every Christmas and Thanksgiving, and still make it sometimes. I don't know what would compel someone to get canned pease pudding, though, since it is the easiest poo poo in the world to make.

It's really good with gravy, eaten sorta like mashed potatoes. Can also be had on crackers, like hummus.

So from what wikipedia tells me, pease pudding/porridge is basically split pea soup (legumes + stock + some hunk of pig), but much thicker? I could get down with that.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

Why would you have the ranch out to begin with, if not for your friend to dip pizza in? :colbert:

they find a way

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thecluckmeme posted:

"My pizza is RUINED!!!" Says the person cooking pizza in a conventional oven set to "clean"

buy me a brick oven so i can properly be scared of bad condiments

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I don't really mind, honestly. It's their food and they have to taste it, so let them flavor ti how they want, even if I don't like it.

Unless it's steak. Most of my family insists on well done (as in grey and hard) steak and then slather it in ketchup. WHY EVEN HAVE A STEAK THEN? IT IS SO EXPENSIVE AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST EAT A CHEAP HAMBURGER AT THAT POINT.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Captain Novolin posted:

i have been saying ranch is poo poo since the 1990s and i will never stop

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Sociopastry posted:

I don't really mind, honestly. It's their food and they have to taste it, so let them flavor ti how they want, even if I don't like it.

Unless it's steak. Most of my family insists on well done (as in grey and hard) steak and then slather it in ketchup. WHY EVEN HAVE A STEAK THEN? IT IS SO EXPENSIVE AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST EAT A CHEAP HAMBURGER AT THAT POINT.

Careful you might summon pcosbill

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sociopastry posted:

well you see if there's any pink you could die

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The more pink steak you eat, the more immune you become.

Plus consuming blood satiates my black, dead heart.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Agreed

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People who like their steaks pink are literally pedophiles.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I like well done steak on my microwaved pizza.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But do you top it with ranch or ketchup? Asking the important questions here.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

sirbeefalot posted:

I like well done steak on my microwaved pizza.

Eh, it's kind of bland until you ketchup it up a little.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Picnic Princess posted:

:same:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

The more pink steak you eat, the more immune you become.

Fun fact the red/pink in steak is not blood. All the blood has been drained out. It's just water with dissolved proteins (aka meat juice)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Smothered in tobacco

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

And if you fold it over, is it a sandwich, a taco, or a hot dog?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Somfin posted:

And if you fold it over, is it a sandwich, a taco, or a hot dog?

It's New York style, and pretentious

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Panfilo posted:

People who like their steaks pink are literally pedophiles.

Cut the displacement, newb, and come to terms with your own desires. One of which is to apparently not like meat that actually tastes like meat. Besides, aren't you worried your 8 year old concubine will burn themselves by keeping the steak cooking that long?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Eh, it's kind of bland until you ketchup it up a little.

You mix ranch, mayo (or better yet, Miracle Whip), AND ketchup. The cool kids add some corn for texture, but I hear it makes the dipping hard, so they just pour it on the slice.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FetusSlapper posted:

Careful you might summon pcosbill

Well done with a little splat of A1 and ketchup to dip in is how you do steak

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Well done with a little splat of A1 and ketchup to dip in is how you do steak when you have bad taste or are literally a child

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sorry you cook your meat poorly

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I can't be too mad at someone cooking with ranch dressing considering I once had to show a grown-rear end man how to make boxed macaroni & cheese.

At least the filthy ranch users were able to successfully combine ingredients and heat something :shrug:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

thecluckmeme posted:

It's New York style, and pretentious

Wait, what? Folding a slice down the center is pretentious now?

I just do it to eat a larger slice one-handed. :confused:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I.e. while walking, which I assume is the thing that makes it "New York" in the first place.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

the correct way to eat steak is cold, dirty, and off the floor like a animal

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jmcrofts posted:

Fun fact the red/pink in steak is not blood. All the blood has been drained out. It's just water with dissolved proteins (aka meat juice)

Actually,

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

All I see when I read these posts about Ranch hate is Kramer sitting in his bed eating Kenny Rogers Roasters, hiding his shameful addiction from his friends. It's safe to admit it, all of you are eating ranch. On everything.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

That was almost two pages with barely any content. I'm impressed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If we were turned into food, it would be the ugliest of all.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

corn cloud?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cash crab posted:

That was almost two pages with barely any content. I'm impressed.

Taters & corn, a Midwest staple. I love it

Here's some more Midwest poo poo:

No, add more water it's not wet enough

the chipped plate is really the most endearing part of this one

Midwesterners like their food like their women--fast, cheap, and easy. And also probably related to them by blood

This one's tiny but check out the bulk dinner rolls someone ripped off a sheet of like 500 of them and dropped unceremoniously into that basket

Those are FRITOS

BONUS

???

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweet potatoes

by god I'll make someone finally admit to Pizza Rules

edit:

mods

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Sep 13, 2016

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Pastry of the Year posted:

by god I'll make someone finally admit to Pizza Rules

NEVER.

And its not like I put liquid ranch dressing in that dish, I'm not an animal(its ranch dressing mix used to season the chicken :v:) Ya I definitely belong in here.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
THATS NOT HOW loving FRITO PIE WORKS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I do so enjoy a hotdog velveezza with a side of sour cream

jfc there are peas and corn that must be korean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Apparently biscuits with chocolate gravy is an Arkansas thing, but I've yet to actually see it in person.