Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It'd be the kind of thing I'd want a historian's help with. Things like including chairs in a region where chairs weren't popular until the 16th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thanks! Logs for cheeky objects are among my favorites. Speaking of which:

LONG DIVISION IS HARD

Thank you! (I wrote the 053/978 and 168/978 tests)

Incidentally, this one is interesting...

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those GRU articles are all pretty good. This one especially is a delight

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Crane Fist posted:

Those GRU articles are all pretty good. This one especially is a delight

I am now imagining the conversation the Secret Service have with each newly sworn in President about how they now have to deal with the Giant Stone Snake that Tries to Kill Them Once a Month.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Probably a good thing they didn't launch it into the sun

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I have a vague recollection of an SCP buried in the Terms and Conditions of a software licence that does DATA EXPUNGED ITS HORRIBLE THE HORROR THE HORROR DATA EXPUNGED but it's classified as safe because no one on the planet is so far recorded to have actually read it. Maybe a joke SCP? Might have been read by the SCP Legal department, and no one cared it happened to a Lawyer.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It'd be the kind of thing I'd want a historian's help with. Things like including chairs in a region where chairs weren't popular until the 16th century.

Using forks in late antiquity.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Munin posted:

Using forks in late antiquity.

Call it "Historical Fork"

that is a Git joke.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

This is not on the wiki yet. It's still in the sandbox. I'm showing it to you anyway.

http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/gig1234567 , tab "Ever-Pooping Ladybirds".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

This is not on the wiki yet. It's still in the sandbox. I'm showing it to you anyway.

Sounds more like a possible DK scenario to me :xd:

Also that should be posted immediately to the mainlist just to see reaction comments.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's like 682 but better in every way.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They tried sealing every orifice, and after a few months it grew a new anus. But during those few months everything was fine. And the bugs are indestructible, so you don't have to worry about keeping them alive. Seems like the containment is obvious. Cruel, but obvious.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Apparently it "swelled severely", so you may get an unstoppable force/immovable object situation leading to [DATA EXPLODED]

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fine. Into the fiery orb with ye! Eventually the mass of excretions will cause a black hole, but we'll all be dead by then anyway.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-187

I like the description of her food, and I'm a sucker for experiment logs.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Facebook Aunt posted:

Fine. Into the fiery orb with ye! Eventually the mass of excretions will cause a black hole, but we'll all be dead by then anyway.
They tried that. The ship crashed due to panic pooping.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Splicer posted:

They tried that. The ship crashed due to panic pooping.

Once they're in space, you just have to point them in the right direction and the poop will self-propel them.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Seems to me, since it took 2 months for the thing to start pooping again after being sealed, you just seal them all up, shove them in the rocket, and launch them towards the sun. Two months to get them onto the rocket and launched from time of sealing. Not a difficult time table.

If the author thought of that, of course, there would be some kind of addendum that was like "also we tried that but somehow it made 682 escape and kill like an entire orphanage also there was a lot of poop".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kurui Reiten posted:

Seems to me, since it took 2 months for the thing to start pooping again after being sealed, you just seal them all up, shove them in the rocket, and launch them towards the sun. Two months to get them onto the rocket and launched from time of sealing. Not a difficult time table.
When they put them in the rocket they started pooping faster! Look I'm sorry but it's pretty iron clad.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tunicate posted:

Once they're in space, you just have to point them in the right direction and the poop will self-propel them.

Now I'm wondering about kinetic energy and relativity related issues. :v: The most obvious set of answers implies that the bugs will eventually accelerate to a ridiculously high percentage of light speed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Splicer posted:

When they put them in the rocket they started pooping faster! Look I'm sorry but it's pretty iron clad.

Drop them through that portal to the moon. It's just a few dozen ladybugs, so a model rocket under the weight limit for the portal should be enough for them to reach escape velocity on the moon.

my dad posted:

Now I'm wondering about kinetic energy and relativity related issues. :v: The most obvious set of answers implies that the bugs will eventually accelerate to a ridiculously high percentage of light speed.

Yeah, just glue them all together so their anuses point the same direction, and away they go!

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Sep 10, 2016

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Feed them to the half-a-cat. Then it's some other universe's problem.

(My headcanon for the half-a-cat is that her body is stuck in a very small interdimensional portal and that some parallel Foundation, in a distant part of the multiverse, has her other half.)

Or give them to the guy who randomly hops between dimensions and tell him to drop them off on his next jump. The Foundation is not lacking in ways to send things to other dimensions. I think there's about five entries featuring some sort of bottomless pit or one-way portal to another world.

There's also that one about a cell phone that transports you to Hell if you answer it with no one else present, but I don't think that will help with the ladybugs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SerialKilldeer posted:

Feed them to the half-a-cat. Then it's some other universe's problem.

(My headcanon for the half-a-cat is that her body is stuck in a very small interdimensional portal and that some parallel Foundation, in a distant part of the multiverse, has her other half.)

Or give them to the guy who randomly hops between dimensions and tell him to drop them off on his next jump. The Foundation is not lacking in ways to send things to other dimensions. I think there's about five entries featuring some sort of bottomless pit or one-way portal to another world.

There's also that one about a cell phone that transports you to Hell if you answer it with no one else present, but I don't think that will help with the ladybugs.

How do you think they got here in the first place?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Strudel Man posted:

How did you get "jews" out of that?
Germany, copper, "Copper weakens but does not completely eliminate threat.", i guess? It's been over a month since and the current 2371 is only ~10 days old so maybe there was more in the entry that pushed those buttons and maybe there wasn't.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Anyone remember the scp that escaped containment in I believe the 40's and catastrophically changed the world?

The scp being color.

I remember it being pretty interesting.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

WombatCyborg posted:

Anyone remember the scp that escaped containment in I believe the 40's and catastrophically changed the world?

The scp being color.

I remember it being pretty interesting.

That would be this one.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
DO YOU LIKE CAKES I LIKE CAKES A LOT
COME TO MY PLACE I HAVE A LOT OF CAKES
CAKES TO SHARE ROOM FOR CAKES ROOMS FULL OF CAKES
I FOUND A PLACE WHERE THE VEIL IS THIN
COME TO MY PLACE I KNOW HOW TO UNFOLD
I CAN UNFOLD THE PLACE WHERE THE CAKES ARE
COME TO MY CAKE I HAVE A LOT OF PLACES
PLACES FOR CAKES PLACES TO EAT
THE CAKES ARE READY TO EAT

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

p-hop posted:

DO YOU LIKE CAKES I LIKE CAKES A LOT
CAKES TO SHARE ROOM FOR CAKES ROOMS FULL OF CAKES
I FOUND A PLACE WHERE THE VEIL IS THIN
COME TO MY PLACE I KNOW HOW TO UNFOLD
I CAN UNFOLD THE PLACE WHERE THE CAKES ARE
COME TO MY CAKE I HAVE A LOT OF PLACES
PLACES FOR CAKES PLACES TO EAT
THE CAKES ARE READY TO EAT

Gingerbread witch has really upped her game since Hansel and Gretel.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
This cake is making me nervous.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

It's live!

redbackground has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Sep 13, 2016

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Really not sure what he's going for with the connection to the Roman Empire.

Also a growth rate of 5% per day is way too high.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
When will people learn that sometimes an infinitely pooping ladybird is enough.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Splicer posted:

When will people learn that sometimes an infinitely pooping ladybird is enough.

Pretty much. Seems to have been blammed from the site already.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

DoctorTristan posted:

Really not sure what he's going for with the connection to the Roman Empire.

There was something about an inscription found in the original location of the ladybugs, which appeared to be a prayer in Latin from a group of people seeking immortality and invulnerability, plus something about creating eternal monuments. I guess the idea is that whatever God they were praying to (there were references to great worms and locusts, so an insect God?) granted that wish by turning them into poop bugs? But I agree that indestructible infinite-poop bugs don't really need a backstory.

Though I also like Facebook Aunt's idea about anomalies being dumped in our world by some Foundation-like group trying to get rid of them. Are there any articles based on that premise already?

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
This one I find interesting as an in-universe justification for why some entries are so willing to slaughter D-Class, along with the implication that the Council is under the influence of the office supplies.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SerialKilldeer posted:

Though I also like Facebook Aunt's idea about anomalies being dumped in our world by some Foundation-like group trying to get rid of them. Are there any articles based on that premise already?
Showing its age a bit but yes:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-699

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

One recent article I really like is http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2904. It's an anti-Daevite artifact that the Foundation weaponizes, but everyone involved is uncomfortable with the consequences.

freemandela has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Sep 15, 2016

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

freemandela posted:

One recent article I really like is http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2904. It's an anti-Daevite artifact that the Foundation weaponizes, but everyone involved is uncomfortable with the consequences.

I like this one, although I'm not sure what the point of the Daevite connection was. The story works fine as a stand-alone thing.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.
Does anyone remember what SCP # is that alien probe that sends out a signal to test if the people of a planet are capable of a certain level of technology, and if they send a signal back it sends a message to their homeworld? It also had an Arecibo message-style image of an alien. I think a goon wrote it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

freemandela posted:

Ooh, this one's good. Damned good.