Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Hey uhh... Donald John Trump... for president maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

my first posts in this thread were saying that huckabee would win the nom :negative:

Grats on being a moron

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I try to read the uspol thread occasionally, but it's boring as gently caress compared to this thread.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Necc0 posted:

Grats on being a moron

in fairness huckabee being nominated becomes much more plausible if you believe voting doesn't matter

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Equeen posted:

I try to read the uspol thread occasionally, but it's boring as gently caress compared to this thread.

D&D nerds are notoriously thin-skinned squares and dweebs without much of a humor bone

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Bip Roberts posted:

Did the sadbrained Canadian Bernie bro daelel(sp?) post in here?

He'd have been eaten alive. loving Canadians. (Baloogan is a were-American)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please do not bring up my early belief that Jeb! was going to coast

Also have you nerdlingers seriously been yammering away about dumb scifi shows for the last 15 pages? I skipped most of it and only have this to say:

Seinfeld isn't funny anymore because he hit the stage where he was enormously successful so now he refuses to change, not because his dumb rehash of a decades old joke bombed. A lot of successful comedians now are much more lewd than he or most of his contemporaries were. Dice Clay was never funny in the first place

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
dalael is the south american atlantis guy right

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Abel Wingnut posted:

does anyone somehow actibely read both this thread and the uspol thread?

reading uspol is a bigly mistake my friends

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Sci-fi is the only genre that can handle our actual reality.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

reading uspol is a bigly mistake my friends

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Please do not bring up my early belief that Jeb! was going to coast

Also have you nerdlingers seriously been yammering away about dumb scifi shows for the last 15 pages? I skipped most of it and only have this to say:

Seinfeld isn't funny anymore because he hit the stage where he was enormously successful so now he refuses to change, not because his dumb rehash of a decades old joke bombed. A lot of successful comedians now are much more lewd than he or most of his contemporaries were. Dice Clay was never funny in the first place

I think he's funny, and the joke that got him in trouble a few years back is funny too. He's extremely far from my top comedians list though, and I think it's obvious the sitcom was Larry David's voice more than Seinfeld's.

I thought Jeb would coast too. In fact, I thought he'd win until like two or three weeks before he dropped out. I am the idiot.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Necc0 posted:

Grats on being a moron

lol one of my first posts is calling all the people taking huckabee seriously morons

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

That was the cool thing about him, if I've got my Canadian.txt files up to date.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Quantum Leap, Frasier and Sliders chat is definitely my jam. Keep it up fellas

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
It's amazing how trump still hasn't picked a vp

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

kibaces posted:

It's amazing how trump still hasn't picked a vp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1IP8clh474
This election is the Vic Berger-verse.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jeez stop freaking out over this one, it's fake. The graphics are all wrong and the channel watermark is missing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I gave up on Jeb! the moment he high fived Trump after he insulted Jeb!'s wife

Shortly after I realized Trump would win the GOP primary because Cruz's head was so far up his rear end. When it came up in February that not a single GOP campaign had done a single minute of oppo on Trump until late January I knew it beyond the shadow of a doubt

Strongest

Field

Ever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also can I say now amazing it is now that thanks to Hillary and the deplorables thing, nobody in the Trump campaign can actually disavow anybody without tying that person to the campaign because journos will not be able to resist using the specific phrase "deplorable"?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Did the sadbrained Canadian Bernie bro daelel(sp?) post in here?

Oh man thanks for reminding me, motherfuckin Canadians. Hell, like every drat foreign Bernie supporter was really just bonkers now that I think about it.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

lmao, I totally forgot this.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
irl my second post itt:

the farscape goes deep

Baloogan posted:

I'm unironically excited for candidate trump.

Baloogan posted:

Trump using the lobby of his hotel as background for interviews makes the bluescreened news-backgrounds look cheap and inauthentic.

Baloogan posted:

TRUMP

TRUMP

Baloogan posted:

im unironically for trump.

i made this, i like it

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
The Republicans are going to spend another decade outside the Oval Office and I'm glad of it.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I liked Mad About You more than both Just Shoot Me and Caroline in the City combined. :colbert:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Reading old primary posts and I must say... Boosted called Trump being the nom before anyone else. He really did have the pulse of the base.

His posting has been suspect for a while though... And his refusal to WEAR THE HAT... come on man, just wear the hat.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Peztopiary posted:

The Republicans are going to spend another decade outside the Oval Office and I'm glad of it.

Or behind the door holding baseball bats.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I still cannot believe this is where we are. A presidential nominee putting a page on her website about 4chan memes. This is the worst possible timeline.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

McGlockenshire posted:

Jeez stop freaking out over this one, it's fake. The graphics are all wrong and the channel watermark is missing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:sad:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Montasque is going to apply to be a CNN pundit and point to this thread as proof of his qualification

not that you need any

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I cannot wait for the history books that will have a chapter about green frog memes.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

I liked Mad About You more than both Just Shoot Me and Caroline in the City combined. :colbert:

Get out.

Montasque posted:

Reading old primary posts and I must say... Boosted called Trump being the nom before anyone else. He really did have the pulse of the base.

His posting has been suspect for a while though... And his refusal to WEAR THE HAT... come on man, just wear the hat.

I've said it before in the thread but I wasn't surprised Trump's tactics worked. I was just surprised they worked that well. I always knew they were bigots, but I didn't think they were unrepentant monsters.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Pathos posted:

I still cannot believe this is where we are. A presidential nominee putting a page on her website about 4chan memes. This is the worst possible timeline.

This timeline only has one Holocaust. Like, Hitler could have won dude, maintain some perspective.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

~gently caress~

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Peztopiary posted:

This timeline only has one Holocaust. Like, Hitler could have won dude, maintain some perspective.

Yet. That's the key word you're missing here.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?

That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Wait. Really? White supremacy?

That’s right.

Please explain.

Here’s the short version: Pepe is a cartoon frog who began his internet life as an innocent meme enjoyed by teenagers and pop stars alike.

But in recent months, Pepe’s been almost entirely co-opted by the white supremacists who call themselves the “alt-right.” They’ve decided to take back Pepe by adding swastikas and other symbols of anti-semitism and white supremacy.

“We basically mixed Pepe in with Nazi propaganda, etc. We built that association,” one prominent white supremacist told the Daily Beast.

Trump has retweeted his white supremacist supporters with regularity, but the connection between the alt-right and his campaign continues to strengthen. Trump has been slow to disavow support from Ku Klux Klansmen and white supremacy groups, and he recently hired Breitbart.com’s Steve Bannon as his campaign CEO (and Bannon isn’t shy about the fact that his “news” organization is the “platform for the alt-right”).

Now white supremacists have given Pepe the cartoon frog some Trump hair—and the candidate’s own son says he is “honored to be grouped with” him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this is a real thing

why is there a frog behind trump!!!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Peztopiary posted:

This timeline only has one Holocaust.

Early days yet, my dude.

Assuming Hillary doesn't die of her impending and totally-real parkinsons-alzheimers-cancer-liver-failure, it's going to be the strangest thing after the election when she's President and not much else has changed except maaaybe the Democrats have barely retaken the Senate. There's such a focus on Trump and what a Trump Presidency would look like that really the likely Clinton outcome is just sort of handwaved as "probably more of the same". She's got policies and there's differences between her and Obama, but they seem so trivial when stacked against the guy who'd turn NATO into a protection racket and nuke Raqqa to show he means business.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
I want to see the republican logo with a frog now

• Locked thread