Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
New update for Sky Force Reloaded. Has some sort of support ship, as well as a bonus once you collect all the cards. Which sucks for me since I still haven't found loving card 24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Been playing Fallen London a bit and it's quite good but tremendously confusing. It also seems to have a lot of trouble synching sometimes. I've bought a hat and killed a giant rat, investigating some journalists as well. It's fun despite the confusion.

I'm Aramoro in game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Card 24 gives your basic ship a straight laser ala Raiden, except unlike Raiden it doesn't home in on things and can only hit one thing at a time so it's nothing like Raiden and is actually really really hard to hit things with. I think it does more damage per second than the full spray of a basic ship, but I don't think it's worth giving up the spread. Wing cannons take care of the damage directly in front of the ship anyway.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Can you choose to use that weapon? If not, then maybe it's better I still haven't found that drat card...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aramoro posted:

Been playing Fallen London a bit and it's quite good but tremendously confusing. It also seems to have a lot of trouble synching sometimes. I've bought a hat and killed a giant rat, investigating some journalists as well. It's fun despite the confusion.

I'm Aramoro in game.
The web page runs way better in a browser on my tablet than the app does, so I don't even get why they made the app. It just causes more problems :(

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
I too have started playing in a browser after trying the app and not liking it; I didn't know of the game before this thread, so I suppose the app has worked like advertising for them.

For any new casual players there are a couple of things that I thought could be easily overlooked:
1 - some tasks can appear at your lodgings, I played for a while before I realised that
2 - the inventory items with a green border can be clicked on and open up new actions, usually to change lots of a common item into a rarer one

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Couple things that bug me about Fallen London:

1) If I'm away for a long period of time (long meaning a day or so), it tries to sync upon loading, fails, and then reverts to a previous save... I don't know why, because I sync before I leave (at least I try to, most times).

2) I'm ok with getting notifications from the game, but it doesn't happen until I actually open the app, and then it's all 'OH HEY YOU HAVE 5 MESSAGES, PLUS MORE STUFF, JUST FYI.' Hoping this gets patched.

3) I'm still not sure what I'm doing.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Couple things that bug me about Fallen London:

1) If I'm away for a long period of time (long meaning a day or so), it tries to sync upon loading, fails, and then reverts to a previous save... I don't know why, because I sync before I leave (at least I try to, most times).

2) I'm ok with getting notifications from the game, but it doesn't happen until I actually open the app, and then it's all 'OH HEY YOU HAVE 5 MESSAGES, PLUS MORE STUFF, JUST FYI.' Hoping this gets patched.

3) I'm still not sure what I'm doing.

This is exactly my experience with the app as well. What I do is press the Candle straight away and Synch my character as soon as I open it, that avoids the out of date character stuff.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
What's the new go-to puzzle game for train commuting + listening to audiobooks? I think I've finally exhausted my time with Hungry Cat Picross.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Radioactive Toy posted:

What's the new go-to puzzle game for train commuting + listening to audiobooks? I think I've finally exhausted my time with Hungry Cat Picross.
Still playing Blendoku 2 here, they keep adding levels faster than I can perfect them all.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

Radioactive Toy posted:

If you're looking for more picross style, once you get past the bad UI Griddlers Plus is a really good choice.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Are there any good 3D picross style games on Android?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Radioactive Toy posted:

While not gaming related,. If you haven't experienced Graphic Audio for audiobooks. Then you are really missing out.
Everything they have is loving great, especially their DC/Marvel stuff.

e:for links.

http://www.graphicaudio.net/our-productions/series/marvel.html

http://www.graphicaudio.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=DC++comics

OgNar fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 12, 2016

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I've been anticipating the release of Sorcery! 4 and it looks like the previous versions are on sale this week. I enjoyed the 3rd one but now I can start from the beginning and see what choices I can make to impact the story.

All are 99 cents each.

Sorcery!
Sorcery! 2
Sorcery! 3

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Blight Runner posted:

I've been anticipating the release of Sorcery! 4 and it looks like the previous versions are on sale this week. I enjoyed the 3rd one but now I can start from the beginning and see what choices I can make to impact the story.

All are 99 cents each.

Sorcery!
Sorcery! 2
Sorcery! 3

Does your play in one affect the other?

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Yes, you import characters, their inventories and stuff.

I have the first two on my laptop but I don't think you can import the character in the Android version, can you?

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

AnonSpore posted:

Card 24 gives your basic ship a straight laser ala Raiden, except unlike Raiden it doesn't home in on things and can only hit one thing at a time so it's nothing like Raiden and is actually really really hard to hit things with. I think it does more damage per second than the full spray of a basic ship, but I don't think it's worth giving up the spread. Wing cannons take care of the damage directly in front of the ship anyway.

Just started playing the game a few days ago, liking it a lot so far... Is there a way to farm for cards or are they totally random?I've only found 3 cards so far and have built two ships

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

MMD3 posted:

Just started playing the game a few days ago, liking it a lot so far... Is there a way to farm for cards or are they totally random?I've only found 3 cards so far and have built two ships

They're random but higher difficulties have higher chances of dropping cards. Some cards might not drop below a given level, same for planes.

hooah posted:

Can you choose to use that weapon? If not, then maybe it's better I still haven't found that drat card...

No. But you can just use the enforcer which is your basic ship but with a slightly stronger main weapon.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not sure I get fallen london. But so far I have made a couple people fall in love with me and tried to take advantage of them. It blew up in my face both times. Then I picked mushrooms until I wrote a book about mushrooms. My book went so well people gave me drugs. Now I'm writing a book about the trip I took while on said drugs. And I'm trying to seduce a jewel thief.

I think I'm winning?

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Fallen London is a sandbox choose-your-own adventure with stats. It's designed for Type Z drivers, who enjoy scenery, and won't appeal to Type A drivers, who want to get from A to B as fast as possible

I'm a little sad that people are unable to figure this out by themselves. Has the app market descended so far into cookie-cutter derivatives?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Burning Rain posted:

Yes, you import characters, their inventories and stuff.

I have the first two on my laptop but I don't think you can import the character in the Android version, can you?

It's been a long time I played it but I think the import is done via a code you type so maybe it works?

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's been a long time I played it but I think the import is done via a code you type so maybe it works?

Yup. The saves are entirely cross platform.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Alright, that's great to hear, cheers!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

tentacles posted:

Fallen London is a sandbox choose-your-own adventure with stats. It's designed for Type Z drivers, who enjoy scenery, and won't appeal to Type A drivers, who want to get from A to B as fast as possible

I'm a little sad that people are unable to figure this out by themselves. Has the app market descended so far into cookie-cutter derivatives?

Trust me, I'm all for scenery sandboxes in games, but my enjoyment grinds to a halt when I can barely understand the prose or writing style...

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
It does take a certain familiarity with the language ;( Even native speakers have trouble with it

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

There just doesn't seem like there's much of a game there. Click on a paragraph a few times until you can read a different paragraph. I dunno, maybe it really opens up after a while.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When you build up levels with various factions it opens up new opportunities. The "resources" are kind of strange, but make sense in a world where secrets are a form of currency.

I'm just running with it. It feels like a single player pen and paper RPG. My character is a hedonistic Bohemian living above a gambling den. Every once in a while you get to make a major decision that will follow your character to the end. I'm out for vengeance because my daughter was killed, so I'm using honey and liquor to dull the pain. I've gotten to form this character so much more than 90% of RPGs on the market, and I don't have to pay a penny for it.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Started playing Fallen London, in game as SlamJam.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fallen london is fairly fun, but super confusing. Finding my way back to random places is a bit difficult. And just finding something to do can take a while. And missions are now taking more action points per step. Like writing my book is taking 4 action point per attempt. But the max is still 20.

And my jewel thief turned out to be a honey addict that chose the honey over me. Least we always have that robbery we did together. :smith:

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Gonna have to echo whichever goon it was who mentioned the Rattus Faber infestation at home as one of the story highlights

Methods of extermination include starving them out (they'll never take your victuals!), dueling the rat ringleader, diplomatic parleys which get harder the more of them you kill... and a friendly cricket match

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

New Leaf posted:

When you build up levels with various factions it opens up new opportunities. The "resources" are kind of strange, but make sense in a world where secrets are a form of currency.

I'm just running with it. It feels like a single player pen and paper RPG. My character is a hedonistic Bohemian living above a gambling den. Every once in a while you get to make a major decision that will follow your character to the end. I'm out for vengeance because my daughter was killed, so I'm using honey and liquor to dull the pain. I've gotten to form this character so much more than 90% of RPGs on the market, and I don't have to pay a penny for it.

Yeah I'm probably more into this character than any RPG I've played. I'm trying to make my character into that guy everyone knows because he knows a lot. Not much good in a brawl but connections and knowledge galore.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Huh, it's an app now? I played the hell out of it when it was a browser game, but I tried to get back into it a few months ago and couldn't figure out anything about anything since I dropped into an in-progress multitude of storylines.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.

Finagle posted:

If you're looking for more picross style, once you get past the bad UI Griddlers Plus is a really good choice.

Tunga posted:

Still playing Blendoku 2 here, they keep adding levels faster than I can perfect them all.

OgNar posted:

While not gaming related,. If you haven't experienced Graphic Audio for audiobooks. Then you are really missing out.
Everything they have is loving great, especially their DC/Marvel stuff.

e:for links.

http://www.graphicaudio.net/our-productions/series/marvel.html

http://www.graphicaudio.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=DC++comics

Thanks for these, guys! Loving Blendoku 2 currently.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

peepsalot posted:

Started playing Fallen London, in game as SlamJam.

What the poo poo man. I go out of my way to pass you a calling card and you beat the living snot out of me playing at fisticuffs. That's just not cool

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

tentacles posted:

What the poo poo man. I go out of my way to pass you a calling card and you beat the living snot out of me playing at fisticuffs. That's just not cool

You gotta learn those hard lessons some way.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Has anyone tried Pocket Mortys? I'm a sucker for anything Rick and Morty and it seems interesting.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Antti posted:

Huh, it's an app now? I played the hell out of it when it was a browser game, but I tried to get back into it a few months ago and couldn't figure out anything about anything since I dropped into an in-progress multitude of storylines.
You're still better off playing Fallen London on a browser if you have any internet access at all. The app is poo poo

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Animation Throwdown: TQFC is out now. Decent card game with deck building, but energy meters and premium currencies. Worth a look but not going to rival hearthstone. Sorry if this has been posted, I just got the alert today.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Has anyone tried Pocket Mortys? I'm a sucker for anything Rick and Morty and it seems interesting.

I played it a few months back and it was a dumbed down pokemon with Rick and morty skinned over it, good jokes didn't have a ton of depth and it was fun to see all the weird mortys. I got a notification that it had had a few large updates but haven't picked it back up since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Shwqa posted:

You gotta learn those hard lessons some way.

With a sudden insight, I changed the mode of competition to chess