Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

I vote we start a non shithead wvw event for people who can't make it to wvwednesdays (ie. Me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
As of tomorrow The No Cussing Club [DARN] will be running WvW trains all day in Edge of the Mists (a more inclusive map), hope to see you there!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
As Chief Diversity Officer of DARN I encourage you all to join.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I joined [DARN] and they called me a pile of heck, 0/10 would not cry over them again

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Who was the guy we gkicked for being weird and creepy and saying the same poo poo as these commanders again

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you might need to be mildly more specific than that

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
oldsmeller?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

you might need to be mildly more specific than that

:lol:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I was thinking of Precurser Drop/ShadowMoo/whatever else that guy was

also remembered that guy we kicked at Teq for breaking into a rant about the gynocracy, that was pretty great until we realised he was serious

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Adhesive Gamin posted:

As of tomorrow The No Cussing Club [DARN] will be running WvW trains all day in Edge of the Mists (a more inclusive map), hope to see you there!

Is this real? Because I am ready and willing to heck up some control points :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GI_Clutch posted:

oldsmeller?

Whoa. I forgot about that dude. What a pissbitch.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Generally, there's three people that members of either/both guild should avoid. Without starting a shitstorm and importing drama, just avoid the following: ShadowMoo, Andry and Oldsmeller. If you want to know more, ask your guild officers in game. :eng101:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Whoa. I forgot about that dude. What a pissbitch.

This post is official notification that you have been fined 4 DKP for a second-degree gender slur.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sole.Sushi posted:

Generally, there's three people that members of either/both guild should avoid. Without starting a shitstorm and importing drama, just avoid the following: ShadowMoo, Andry and Oldsmeller. If you want to know more, ask your guild officers in game. :eng101:

I'm addicted to goon drama, but not enough to reinstall gw2. I get the gist from ShadowMoo and Oldsmeller's rap sheets, but is Andry even a goon?

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
I haven't heard of any of these goons. Does one need to be in SFD for all the good drama?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

knowonecanknow posted:

I haven't heard of any of these goons. Does one need to be in SFD for all the good drama?

None of those 3 were ever SFD.....

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
RIP rocode

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

RIP rocode

drunk as poo poo

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

DonVincenzo posted:

Guild Wars 2 - Post your picture

It isn't about poutine all the time

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
no cheese curds 0/10

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Not all of are blessed to live in the wastelands of Canada to procure a tasty dish :colbert:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Finally got stalwart shoulders, decided to give my human thief a look that wasn't terrible for once

I think it works pretty well!
e: "Hmm, I have some armour to protect my shins, but what should I use to protect my soft vulnerable thighs from nasty things like edged weapons, claws and magic fire, hmm... ah ha! I'll wear two belts on each leg, genius!"

AmyL posted:

It isn't about poutine all the time

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 13, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

knowonecanknow posted:

Oldsmeller was in Goon, Andry had his own lovely guild, ShadowMoo was maybe in Goon but definitely not in SFD.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Edit: NM sales not as good as it seems

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Oldsmeller was in Goon, Andry had his own lovely guild, ShadowMoo was maybe in Goon but definitely not in SFD.

ShadowMoo was in Goon Squad. He found a Spark one day and the excitement of finding an expensive precursor made him fly off the rails.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mizuti posted:

ShadowMoo was in Goon Squad. He found a Spark one day and the excitement of finding an expensive precursor made him fly off the rails.

one time i opened my inventory and saw the sword precursor there and thought "oh, guess that must have happened at some point"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wow you're so cool just not caring like that like your some sort of badass just wow

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i did a sick kickflip off one of the lion's arch jumping puzzles

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dreggon posted:

i did a sick kickflip off one of the lion's arch jumping puzzles

Do a dodge on a daredevil using Bound while riding a broomstick for more sicknasty stunts

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdgPEs8yFQA

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i made an engineer primarily to play it as pistol/pistol, but i find the class no fun at all to play. And to be effective it barely uses the pistols which further ruins the idea of a gunslinger type of asthetic.

Is thief pistol/pistol viable for PVE? I exclusively do HoT meta events, fractals, story missions, and some solo PVE exploration. By viable i don't mean "yes you can equip 2 pistols and eventually kill stuff because every build is viable in pve heh heh" but an actual useful build. (Doesn't necessarily need to be ~META~)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ineptitude posted:

So i made an engineer primarily to play it as pistol/pistol, but i find the class no fun at all to play. And to be effective it barely uses the pistols which further ruins the idea of a gunslinger type of asthetic.

Is thief pistol/pistol viable for PVE? I exclusively do HoT meta events, fractals, story missions, and some solo PVE exploration. By viable i don't mean "yes you can equip 2 pistols and eventually kill stuff because every build is viable in pve heh heh" but an actual useful build. (Doesn't necessarily need to be ~META~)

Not only is it viable, it is the meta build. You just need Condition Damage gear. Explosives 332, Tools 132, Firearms 113.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
making GBS threads on an unplugged keyboard is effective for world PvE, if you fail you're not just eating paste but have somehow become the paste.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Ineptitude posted:

I play p/p Daredevil with no real problems. And yes obviously "every build is viable in pve heh heh" but also yes I can do PvE just fine.

I use Berserker's gear atm but other stuff can work. I use runes of strength and bloodlust/air in my pistols. My switch is usually dagger/pistol but lately I've been playing with dagger/dagger with accuracy/force sigils. Remember you're still a thief so you're still squishy; you're going to spam Unload on enemies to build might and take them down fast. Use your steal to catch anyone trying to run or use your dodges/swiftness or shadowstep (this mostly is going to apply to PvP or WvW really).

If you find yourself in a hot mess, use steal/heal/shadow refuge/blinding powder/stolen skills that stealth to get away or recover for a moment before you jump the enemy again. Use basilisk venom whenever it's up or use Thieves Guild if you prefer that. You might prefer one of the other dodge modifying traits but I use Dash for the swiftness since I am often doing WvW.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Disney presents: Lonk Homeward Bound

Finally among his people.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

None of those 3 were ever SFD.....

Checking joining members rap sheets+having to read instructions has kept us safe from weirdos

apart from the weirdo who instituted this practice, arus

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Everyday Goast posted:

I vote we start a non shithead wvw event for people who can't make it to wvwednesdays (ie. Me)

sfd does a wvw reset event too!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Trailer for LS3E2 "Rising Flames"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyKleU1C4Rk

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Fused weapon skins are back for 4 tickets each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
When we kill Primordus does that mean the rat people can gently caress off underground again and leave the rest of us alone?

• Locked thread