Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mcbexx posted:

I told her not to worry and explained to her that our invoicing software (being from Europe) used commas as decimal separators and dots as thousands separators, so the invoice was 87.00 ("87,00" being the invoice amount) and not 87,000. She insisted they had wired 87,000 dollars.

I logged into our banking account and there was a transaction for 87,000 dollars to our account. :psyduck:

Congrats, your software handles international transactions properly instead of being as fail as your assumption. Most software since the 70's does this. It already had to convert currencies, so obviously it'll convert commas to decimals and vice versa were necessary. It's not magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Holy hell, that dictionary twitter is fire

I suppose they're probably pretty good at finding ways to efficiently fill 140 but still

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Has some thing changed with gifv? They all look really massive in comparison to before? Like the truck pissing guy doesn't even completely fit on my screen.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Jippa posted:

Has some thing changed with gifv? They all look really massive in comparison to before? Like the truck pissing guy doesn't even completely fit on my screen.

They upgraded the entire internet like a couple of hours ago. Everything is bigger now.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Io_ posted:

Potentially the same way Watergate happened despite two of the three main conspirators being sane and the other being a well known crazy person.

If the crazy person starts with a crazy enough first idea and is able to get a small concession, the sane people are highly likely to approve a less crazy but still identifiably crazy subsequent idea from the same person. Contrast, Consistency and Reciprocity are very powerful concepts.

What do you get talked down from that a twin towers mattress ad is the sane option?

"Counting all these Jews puts me to sleep, I need a final solution to my bedding problems"?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

North Carolina continues to be punished for their bathroom bill idiocy.

quote:

Since the North Carolina legislature last March passed House Bill 2, a controversial law restricting transgender bathroom access and limiting the civil rights and bathroom usage of the LGBT community, the state has lost the NBA All-Star Game, Bruce Springsteen and other concerts and conventions and millions of dollars in revenue.

Now North Carolina is losing the NCAA tournament. The NCAA announced on Monday that the seven championships scheduled in the state during this academic year, including NCAA men’s basketball tournament games in Greensboro, would be relocated because of House Bill 2, better known as HB2.

From later in the same article:

quote:

In addition to the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, North Carolina is also losing:

▪ The 2016 Division I Women’s Soccer Championship, which had been scheduled for Dec. 2 and 4 in Cary.

▪ The 2016 Division III Men’s and Women’s Soccer Championships, which had been scheduled for Dec. 2 and 3 in Greensboro.

▪ A 2017 Division I Women’s Golf Championships regional, which had been scheduled for May 8-10 in Greenville.

▪ The 2017 Division III Men’s and Women’s Tennis Championships, which had been scheduled for May 22-27 in Cary.

▪ The 2017 Division I Women’s Lacrosse Championship, which had been scheduled for May 26 and 28 in Cary.

▪ The 2017 Division II Baseball Championship, which had been scheduled for May 27-June 3 in Cary.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

A friend of mine posted this on her FB the other day.

she put some money in and it said it had run out, but that didn't stop several other people trying

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://zippy.gfycat.com/AggressiveColdDeermouse.webm

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The camera angle is too perfect and that’s a prop fence.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Platystemon posted:

The camera angle is too perfect and that’s a prop fence.

in which case the schadenfreude is that some dumbass drove a car into a pool for the sake of a lovely video, right?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

InediblePenguin posted:

in which case the schadenfreude is that some dumbass drove a car into a pool for the sake of a lovely video, right?

Nope

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/nest/status/775460528801984512

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

That is a huge boring pool

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spectral Debt posted:

That is a huge boring pool

It's a much more practical pool than some crazy stylized pool.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

1) Inline images have a set width, but not height

2) Everybody shoots video vertical now because it is both shot and consumed on portrait-mode phones

:ms:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No, those last few were way loving bigger than normal. Didn't fit vertically on my 2560x1440 screen.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

baquerd posted:

It's a much more practical pool than some crazy stylized pool.

Practical?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Well, it doubles up as a parking space, for a start.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

The defense industry is basically a giant leech that is slowly but surely attaching itself to every country with a military.

"Slowly but surely"? I can promise you that in ancient Egypt someone was selling shoddy chariots to the pharaohs by adding flotation to them to deal with the problem of seas collapsing on their armies.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Reverse schad

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/u4kpatm.gifv

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
:perfect:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

This man is a hero.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Exercise and sport. We trained in a pool like that, which four houses (of well-to-do people)shared. The kidney-shaped pool where I live now is pretty useless for anything but just getting wet.

e: or for a single person to swim laps (with a whole lot of turning, because it's so short).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah but it's the focus of your backyard

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

radiatinglines posted:

Yeah but it's the focus of your backyard

Which is a good thing, if your interests are athletic. And I forgot to mention diving practice.

e: And putting up a couple of nets for a bit of water polo fun at the end of the workout.

Flyball has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Sep 13, 2016

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

schadenfreude: quote is not edit

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

For swimming, as opposed to dicking around in the pool.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I guess this also goes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-iuFao3v4

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

I'm the fake fence made of plywood with perfectly trimmed grass underneath and nary a fence post in sight.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dillbag posted:

I'm the fake fence made of plywood with perfectly trimmed grass underneath and nary a fence post in sight.

As posted above, it's an ad for an outdoor security camera.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Jastiger posted:

What.

The.

gently caress.
How can you in any context think that this is ok? Let alone good music, but just...not notice its racist as hell?

Because there are plenty of people in the world who have never experienced racism directly - so they can easily convince themselves that stuff like this is harmless?

Even her apology shows this - because she called the video "SELF-deprecating". Uh no - it was ASIAN-deprecating. The self-deprecation was incidental because she wound up looking like a racist, out of touch Stepford wife. The sad part is - she probably contacted the Asian friend after all the kerfuffle, and that lady was probably too nice to say anything beyond "I mean....it didn't bother ME because I know you, but I can see how other people thought it was racist" which is polite-this-person-is-my-friend-and-I-know-they-arent-a-bad-person for "holy poo poo it was racist as gently caress, you moron - how can you be so stupid?"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

HaB posted:

Because there are plenty of people in the world who have never experienced racism directly - so they can easily convince themselves that stuff like this is harmless?

Even her apology shows this - because she called the video "SELF-deprecating". Uh no - it was ASIAN-deprecating. The self-deprecation was incidental because she wound up looking like a racist, out of touch Stepford wife. The sad part is - she probably contacted the Asian friend after all the kerfuffle, and that lady was probably too nice to say anything beyond "I mean....it didn't bother ME because I know you, but I can see how other people thought it was racist" which is polite-this-person-is-my-friend-and-I-know-they-arent-a-bad-person for "holy poo poo it was racist as gently caress, you moron - how can you be so stupid?"
Joke's on you if you think that lady was her actual friend and not just someone's acquaintance invited there to have a 'my Asian friend' excuse. Judging by her face she clearly had no idea what's coming until getting assaulted by that tuneless torrent of racism.

Maybe I'm just cynical.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

syscall girl posted:

All this just begs the question, why?

Which has already been answered but still.

Watch Pentagon Wars. Its a farce and like 99% true. It's also a pretty scoot-n-froody movie for people in the united states who's taxes get spent like this.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Sep 14, 2016

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

losing ncaa finals or the panthers might be the only thing to get the idiots in this state to strike that bill down. the fed could cut all aid and they would keep trucking but our sports :qq:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

-Zydeco- posted:

Watch Pentagon Wars. Its a farce and like 99% true. It's also a pretty scoot-n-froody movie for people in the united states who's taxes get spent like this.

"Billion?! With a B?!"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

-Zydeco- posted:

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Can't wait for the F-35 remake.

Hopefully still with Cary Elwes.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Can't wait for the F-35 remake.

Hopefully still with Cary Elwes.

Oh man if there ever was a movie deserving of a reboot it's this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

oldpainless posted:

"Billion?! With a B?!"

NINE ZEROES, AMERICA