Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kirbysuperstar posted:

Aw man, new Vita...colours
they're actually making more vitas?!? :confused:

cmon Vita, pick a side, dead or alive already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wandle Cax posted:

This is for the Japanese market i'm assuming where the vita still sells and has more games coming out for it.

Oh

Well goons still gonna pay out the rear end to get one from play Asia because reasons

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

CrashCat posted:

They needed to make it more colorful so it could truly be both dead and gay.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Other question: what are some good Vita games for the PS TV? I think I bought Persona 4 on the PSN already, and I'm definitely gonna buy Ys since it's one of my favorite RPG series, but what else stands out(except Disgaea 3/4, not too fond of those entries)? Alternatively just link me to the old OP since I think that was crazy in depth.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Well goons still gonna pay out the rear end to get one from play Asia because reasons

Ah yes, the grievous crime of an adult wanting something and paying money for it. drat those dastardly goons and their weird ways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CrashCat posted:

Schrodinger's Console

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Takoluka posted:

Like a good version of the Xperia?

Yes. Like an Xperia that could play real games not just PSM stuff and that had buttons/analog.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Last Celebration posted:

Other question: what are some good Vita games for the PS TV? I think I bought Persona 4 on the PSN already, and I'm definitely gonna buy Ys since it's one of my favorite RPG series, but what else stands out(except Disgaea 3/4, not too fond of those entries)? Alternatively just link me to the old OP since I think that was crazy in depth.

I'm really into Carnage Heart: Exa and also castlevania sotn. If psp games count.

e: oh, and stay on 3.60 so you can whitelist and play everything on PSTV instead of 3 games that decided to enable it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

leper khan posted:

e: oh, and stay on 3.60 so you can whitelist and play everything on PSTV instead of 3 games that decided to enable it.
note: some games you force whitelist will just crash anyway, and not always immediately. Enjoy the suspense

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Policenaut posted:

Complete lineup of Vita trailers from TGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uRGEJsb9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMBSSRqzR70

Square-Enix also announced Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.

I fully expected the links to be the same link of Nelson from the Simpsons laughing. The Danganronpa game looks okay but where is it supposed to be in the storyline?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TV Zombie posted:

I fully expected the links to be the same link of Nelson from the Simpsons laughing. The Danganronpa game looks okay but where is it supposed to be in the storyline?

They say it's totally unrelated aside from having monokuma because he's the series mascot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thank god, by all accounts the anime sequel to the first two games is loving awful.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kirios posted:

Why are Jak 2 and Jak 3 such bad video games? A really lovely open world and severely hamfisted and poorly implemented mechanics in both. Quit them both after ~3 hours each.

Jak 1, however, is a fantastic collectathon! It's easily the best in the series!!! What a loving shame they didn't just continue that and had to create some unneeded angst.

I ignored 2 and 3 for a long time because I knew through magazines and stuff that they were different from the first game and finally tried 2 for the first time earlier this year.

I can't believe how much I hated it even with an open mind, what a lovely map, and everything is boring brown 'tude garbage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of the new Danganronpa characters look awful and like they have no definition to their design, the little kid especially stands out as a stupid design.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Phantasium posted:

I can't believe how much I hated it even with an open mind, what a lovely map, and everything is boring brown 'tude garbage.
My favourite part about Jak 2 is that it keeps flashing the icon of a memory card with a check mark at specific points of missions, yet it doesn't actually have checkpoints there.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SelenicMartian posted:

My favourite part about Jak 2 is that it keeps flashing the icon of a memory card with a check mark at specific points of missions, yet it doesn't actually have checkpoints there.

"Yup, you still have a memory card"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

wait wait wait hold the loving phone is that Atelier in a musou game

also another Itadaki Street we'll never get :smith:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CrashCat posted:

wait wait wait hold the loving phone is that Atelier in a musou game

also another Itadaki Street we'll never get :smith:

Her style makes her look like Roger Rabbit did in the real world. It's so bizarrely out of place. Still awesome though, can't wait to kill thousands of men with her homemade explosives.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dehry posted:

Galgun JP devs not wanting it on steam.

VD's anime interests not wanting their characters on steam.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/775700002727464960

:v:

I guess is just of matter of time for Valkyrie Drive to be ported as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The GIG posted:

They needed to make it more colorful so it could truly be both dead and gay.

Amen.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Morpheus posted:

Her style makes her look like Roger Rabbit did in the real world. It's so bizarrely out of place. Still awesome though, can't wait to kill thousands of men with her homemade explosives.

Considering how matching the Warriors visual style didn't really work that well for Sterk when they tried it in Orochi 3, I'm glad they're keeping the characters as they were

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah Jak 2 and 3 are very not good.

Jak 2 is stupidly difficult and tries too hard to be dark and edgy and the open world is just a glorified level select, while Jak 3 suffers the opposite problem of being insultingly easy and severely underutilizing the new game mechanics it throws at you, but at least the open world is a little more interesting this time around.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Has there been any discussion of dedicated remote play controls/features for Skyrim PS4? I already have the PC version and will get the free update with that... but playing in the comfort of my bed (or let's be real, on the can) via remote play is inticing. I'd just imagine archery may not work as well with those analog sticks unless they did some motion or touch controls for increased accuracy.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Thank god, by all accounts the anime sequel to the first two games is loving awful.

not by my account buddy!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

God Wars: Future Past is coming overseas next year.

Here's a trailer for Dragon Quest Builders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTxThCS51EY

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think jak 2 or 3 are that much worse than the first one

i wouldn't even call them that angsty, because while the world sets up a super dark, oppressive atmosphere, they keep daxter around for like every cutscene and his mere existence just takes the wind out of every attempt at being dramatic to the point that the ending of jak 3 concludes a trilogy of dramatic buildup with a dumb joke centered around him, and it's even less serious when anyone else from jak 1 appears

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Personally I think it's lovely to have constant reminders of a better and more interesting world and characters while you plod through boring generic trash. It's like every game that lampoons the notion of a sewer level but then makes you go through it anyway. You know, like Jak II.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Hmm, I wonder if I should change my pre-order of builders from PS4 to Vita, touchscreen may be nice to have. Will it be PStv compatible?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Dragonquest builders looks fun!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FireMrshlBill posted:

Hmm, I wonder if I should change my pre-order of builders from PS4 to Vita, touchscreen may be nice to have. Will it be PStv compatible?

Builders is digital only on Vita

PSTV does not appear to be supported in the Japanese version.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'll admit that Jak 3 is better than Jak II (but it's still not that great, it's just OK instead of a really bad game).

I'm just incredibly disappointed that they had a wonderful platformer in Jak 1 and flushed it down the loving toilet. It's absolutely baffling to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a lot of people liked jak 2, it sold decently, and GTA games were popular at the time.

compare to platformers, which were kind of a dying breed especially on the PS2/XBOX.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kirios posted:

I'm just incredibly disappointed that they had a wonderful platformer in Jak 1 and flushed it down the loving toilet. It's absolutely baffling to me.

Because Ratchet & Clank came out afterwards and was praised universally for the gunplay, in addition to GTAIII coming out about the same time. Although I'd say both of those games are more colorful than Jak II.

It's kinda funny because if they had just kept them as base platformers I'm not sure they ever would have transitioned into making stuff like Uncharted or The Last of Us. I have a feeling they just were really tired of making platformers but didn't have enough sway to just change over into something like that without it being tied to an old IP of theirs (and I think they had already gotten rid of the license for Crash, though I can't imagine him shooting things).

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Anime Tiddy sale
Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies is $20/$16 PSN
Senran Kagura Estival Versus $28/$24 PSN ($50+ of DLC not included)

The DLC for Estival Versus is cross buy. (PS4 version has some exclusive missions that wrap up the story with a battle royale of sorts the PSV can't handle.)

Blank vs Zombies is improved Neptunia U without clothing destruction and all the CPUs

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 13, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no difference between ps4 and vita psychopass i presume? is it good

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Dehry posted:

without clothing destruction

sounds like a waste of money

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

arbybaconator posted:

sounds like a waste of money

Destroyed clothes are a separate outfit per character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best thing about EV's dlc is that the dlc characters are 4 dollars each (and you can get kagura and naraku together for 6) and a dlc set of like 6 costumes is, uh, 12.

it's good that the content i actually care about is cheap but otoh :lol:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

1.7 gigs is a big VN for the vita isnt it???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the platforming in jak 2 and 3 was fun

and gta3 was not a more colorful game than jak 2, it takes place in a big grey and blue city. definitely ratchet & clank though, though i'd argue the ps3 r&c games actually head a bit in the same direction as jak 2 and 3 when it comes to main plot stuff and i mind it a lot more there

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 13, 2016