Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
You can also use it with CI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I wish the game had dummies that would track your dps.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Does anyone have the dmg over time mastercraft unlocked for Leo in ESC? I believe it's at master level 3.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So...chaos warband bosses on T15 overgrown ruin hurt. In particular if you're unlucky enough to spawn the one who summons what appears to be 3 chaos bond totems that have uber-boss levels amount of HP that are effectively infeasible to kill.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ok yeah Fireblast is Cool and Good and beats the hell out of Firestorm for satisfaction

Mana seems to be an odd problem on bosses though, with 85% currently reserved I don't regen fast enough to get out 10 charges at +75% cast speed :(

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Awesome! posted:

why would you ever use that over melee physical? it looks like they scale the same except the latter doesnt have the dumb requirement (e: ah melee physical has 10% more mana requirement. at least thats something i guess)
If you play a CI build your life is capped at 1. So the gem is active as long as you aren't dead!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
What are my best options for chance to shock as a ranger? I'm thinking Doryani's Invitation but it might be hard to keep up the flasks as a raider.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Count Uvula posted:

What are my best options for chance to shock as a ranger? I'm thinking Doryani's Invitation but it might be hard to keep up the flasks as a raider.

Best bet is the Pathfinder node, but you're a Raider, so....

Quality Lightning Arrow gem (10% chance at 20%)
Innervate (15% chance)
Doryani's Fist (10%)

Or go all in on Crit.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Ok yeah Fireblast is Cool and Good and beats the hell out of Firestorm for satisfaction

Mana seems to be an odd problem on bosses though, with 85% currently reserved I don't regen fast enough to get out 10 charges at +75% cast speed :(

Mana flasks and Vaal Clarity should keep you topped off most of the time.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

blackteapot posted:

So google is no help - If I get a poo poo 6 link, can I chain tier 6 or (most likely) 7 essence it to get what I want, will it gently caress with the links/color? Or is it exactly like a chaos and just re-rolls stats?

yes, essences are like chaos/alch and just mess with the stats, not the sockets or links

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Getting back into this and like all of the improvements. Please send an invite to BRUCEWAYANS for goongroup.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Social Media posted:

Mana flasks and Vaal Clarity should keep you topped off most of the time.

Yeah just a little awkward using flasks because of the small pool and how you lose your flask regen if you cap out. Stupid 85% reserved.

Just got the merciless lab unlocked. Is 2.6k HP and 650 es gonna be enough or am I going to die horribly?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ciaphas posted:

die horribly

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Put on some cast on death links and die with style at least

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

Just got the merciless lab unlocked. Is 2.6k HP and 650 es gonna be enough or am I going to die horribly?

you can do it, easy

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I mean, it's entirely possible provided you avoid getting hit by any of Izaro's big abilities. My current character actually had an easier time in uber lab than any of the others since by the time I unlocked it I could finally tank a single hit provided I was at full health. Which was fortunate because I did gently caress up and let him hit me once.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I really hate that Izaro can basically oneshot anyone if they're even close to the appropriate level on cruel, and to a lesser degree normal.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Unless you are specifically specced for ES, do not count it for your life pool.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Firos posted:

I really hate that Izaro can basically oneshot anyone if they're even close to the appropriate level on cruel, and to a lesser degree normal.

If you build tanky, you can take a hit. If you get a load of healage on top of that, you can just facetank him. I've played cyclone chars recently and up to merciless, I've just facetanked his poo poo without a single death. Huge attack speed combined with high leech and lgoh put my health straight back up after his hit.

I'm guessing my deep tactic will fail badly in the last version though :v:

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
CI Juggernaut Firestorm. That's a pretty special snowflake build: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DubiousZero/characters character is Deathbykonami.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Lost two maps already today due to crashing with my pizzaguy. Rolled back too. Someone else having the same problem doesn't seem to be using the same build luckily

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Wait, Flameblast is bugged? I thought my pizzastick boy getting disconnected at Doedre was just due to the curses circles on the ground or some other post processing effect.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

NightfallGemini posted:

Wait, Flameblast is bugged? I thought my pizzastick boy getting disconnected at Doedre was just due to the curses circles on the ground or some other post processing effect.

Did your crashing start today? Been fine in maps for a while with it and two crashes today

Latest patch notes don't have anything related to me

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

you dead bro

The area right next to the town in act 4 (dried lake), is the best non-map grinding spot in the game. Take some spins through there, maybe start mapping, get levelled and geared up some and then come back for merciless lab.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
invite for Orzcc please

theshim
May 1, 2012

Budgie posted:

CI Juggernaut Firestorm. That's a pretty special snowflake build: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DubiousZero/characters character is Deathbykonami.
Well, I can comfortably say that people are loving crazy. :crossarms:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
GGG posted some stats: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1732561

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

And the challenge stats:

14.23% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Footprints Effect.
1.13% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Back Attachment.
0.01% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Portal Effect.

I am the 1%! And funman is probably the .01% soon.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ImsaKidd posted:

And the challenge stats:

14.23% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Footprints Effect.
1.13% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Back Attachment.
0.01% of people who have completed any challenges have earned the Essence Portal Effect.

I am the 1%! And funman is probably the .01% soon.

Wait wait wait. How do you get those things? I haven't heard anything about that.

Nevermind, I just looked it up on Wiki.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

J posted:

you dead bro

The area right next to the town in act 4 (dried lake), is the best non-map grinding spot in the game. Take some spins through there, maybe start mapping, get levelled and geared up some and then come back for merciless lab.

Soon as I get to A4 tonight then, thanks.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Saw a video last night from five months ago about a Scion Spark build. Looked like a lot of fun, but it's from 2.2. Any idea if that would still be viable?

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Saw a video last night from five months ago about a Scion Spark build. Looked like a lot of fun, but it's from 2.2. Any idea if that would still be viable?
Spark got nerfed, Scion ascendancies got nerfed. It'd probably still work, but it's nowhere near as strong as it was in 2.2.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ciaphas posted:

Soon as I get to A4 tonight then, thanks.

Just a headsup there's no point to A4M once you get the skill point quest done

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

StashAugustine posted:

Just a headsup there's no point to A4M once you get the skill point quest done

Besides challenges, that is.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

whypick1 posted:

Besides challenges, that is.

That's just pop in and kill Malachai once you're level 80 tho

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've used about 20 Remnants of Corruption now. One time it added an extra Essence and other than that it's about even split between upgrading tier (Screaming -> Shrieking) and the monster breaking free.

Are the extra Essence/upgraded type (so getting the special Essences) outcomes a lot rarer than the other two?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Insurrectionist posted:

I've used about 20 Remnants of Corruption now. One time it added an extra Essence and other than that it's about even split between upgrading tier (Screaming -> Shrieking) and the monster breaking free.

Are the extra Essence/upgraded type (so getting the special Essences) outcomes a lot rarer than the other two?

your data suggests: yes

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
20 times really isn't a very large sample-size.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Hmm. I'm capping out at about tier 7 maps - I've died 2 times on the tier 8 maps I've tried. I think I really need to switch over to CI soon? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters Even if I grabbed a shield or Mind Over Matter I don't think I'd really have enough tankiness to keep progressing. Or maybe I'm just a bad player? Please advise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Alright, so a 300dps Slivertongue (75/75 - 116/120, 49% implicit) went up on trade and I bought that as well to replace my 286dps one. I am going to try to make this work.

Played around with it a bit still wearing gear that was selected for Doomfletch's Prism, and Slivertongue kept up well - performs slightly better on average in yellow maps (the DP is also just a few points off of perfect). DP has much higher variance, and rare rock golems for example take a fair bit longer.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters
Character TabsForFood if it's not selected.

Priority gear changes:
Witchfire Brew
Facebreaker - other options: Shadows and Dust, Contempt crafted Gripped Gloves with Atk Speed
Additional Arrow Drillneck
Higher Multiplier on Amulet

Cospri's Will / Lightning Coil

Current 5L:
TS -> GMP -> PPAD -> Crit Strike -> Slow Proj

6th:
Rapid Decay? - Would this apply to bleed applied by the bow, not directly by my skills, also what about the poison from Cospri's?
Crit Damage?
Poison - if not using Cospri's
Fast Atk

All this is a lot more work than, flat phys - go nuts; and my build isn't even making full use of it. Seriously, any bow users that aren't doing something unique (EA, CA, SRS) you should try a Doomfletch's Prism if you are not already using it.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 13, 2016

• Locked thread