Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

With Ertz likely being out for multiple weeks do you think I can safely drop him in a small bench league?

Easily, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Added RBs. Coleman is the #1 pickup.

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm surprised you aren't giving Rogers more love. His "unknown" status making you shy away?

Yes give me something to read about him. Dinged him for role (I expect AB84 / Wheaton / LevBell to be the top 3 targets which doesn't leave a lot for Eli to split with Jesse James and Sammie Coates), but I could be persuaded if he's a secret stud or something that can force targets his way.

quote:

Is it possible for you to add the team to those rankings for scrubs like me that don't know all of the skill position players in the league? Like I know of some of them and you mentioned the team in some of the writeups but I have no idea who Dorsett and Rogers play for just by reading that ("better than Joe Flacco" does not eliminate very many teams) and finding out when I go to the waiver wire to pick them up is precious seconds of my life.

Done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Yes give me something to read about him. Dinged him for role (I expect AB84 / Wheaton / LevBell to be the top 3 targets which doesn't leave a lot for Eli to split with Jesse James and Sammie Coates), but I could be persuaded if he's a secret stud or something that can force targets his way.

Sadly I don't have any secret info on him. I've been down on Wheaton since he entered the league, so I could see Eli becoming the second in targets. Well until Bell comes back.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm picking up Tyrell and praying.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ty1990 posted:

I'm picking up Tyrell and praying.

Me too, brother.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Not sure there's anything more to it besides Martavis Bryant being out, so lots of opportunity if he can show better than Coates (already done) and Wheaton.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Not sure there's anything more to it besides Martavis Bryant being out, so lots of opportunity if he can show better than Coates (already done) and Wheaton.

After last night I'm not sure which one will be a better dynasty hold. Martavis or Eli?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

For the love of God someone please tell me if trading my Sammy Watkins for his Spencer Ware is worth considering (Non-ppr, I own Charles).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

RCarr posted:

For the love of God someone please tell me if trading my Sammy Watkins for his Spencer Ware is worth considering (Non-ppr, I own Charles).

Yeah probably. How good is your WR depth?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

Yeah probably. How good is your WR depth?

Thank you :)

Hopkins
Watkins
John Brown
Shepard
Snead

We start 2 WR and a FLEX

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

RCarr posted:

Trade a potential Top 10 WR for a handcuff RB? Charles will return, don't panic buy/trade after Week 1. You should be able to get a lot more for Sammy.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Well, "Best out of the '3rd look on good offense' guys" is already where I got him (aside from Dorsett who I have just ahead), but I guess it is true that he can be the 2nd look for a week or two before fading with the return of LevBell and Wheaton.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

aellisr posted:

Trade a potential Top 10 WR for a handcuff RB? Charles will return, don't panic buy/trade after Week 1. You should be able to get a lot more for Sammy.

Considering it's a solid handcuff and he's got the depth, I don't hate it. Watkins is a massive question mark and I'm not sure he could get more right now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

After last night I'm not sure which one will be a better dynasty hold. Martavis or Eli?

Almost certainly Martavis. If he stays clean at least until next season starts, his value will recover quite a bit. People were taking him as like a top 15 WR at his peak value, it was crazy.

RCarr posted:

aellisr posted:

aellisr summed it up perfectly

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

aellisr posted:

They are talking about possibly shutting him down for the season, and the Bills looked absolutely terrible is why I'm considering it. I just don't really look forward to dealing with his bum foot all season.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm a staunch supporter of not trading after week 1, but Watkins is going to be a problem for you all season. If he doesn't strike now he will probably never be able to.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

RCarr posted:

They are talking about possibly shutting him down for the season, and the Bills looked absolutely terrible is why I'm considering it. I just don't really look forward to dealing with his bum foot all season.

Again, you are trading Watkins at an all time low. At least wait until he has his 150/2 game, then move him.

RCarr posted:

Thank you :)

Hopkins
Watkins
John Brown
Shepard
Snead

We start 2 WR and a FLEX

Brown is option 3a in Arizona, Shepard is not going to grab TD's every week, Snead is not going to replicate his Week 1 offensive output for maybe the rest of the season and Nuk all of a sudden has a Fuller problem. Don't sell Sammy short after a bad first week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Watkins said he's playing Thursday and the last 9 games last year he averaged 5.5-100-1. Don't sell him for a dumb handcuff of all things. Why would you overreact that hard.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I know TE's suck, but is it a panic move to drop Fleener for Ebron?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For the first time in a long time I feel fantasy trapped in one of my leagues. I didnt go zero rb and my best rb2 is Devonte Freeman and all I can do is pray :(

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Just to actually give some context to Coleman as the #1 add this week, here's what I wrote about Freeman and Coleman back in February:

quote:

Devonta Freeman – Brandon Bolden. CJ Spiller but WAY worse for the first five yards. Currently looks like a home-run hitter boom/bust type, but I have a hunch that the “boom” in this case is the sound of Patrick DiMarco leveling linebackers rather than anything special that Freeman is doing in the open field (though to his credit, he is very fast – it’s a good pairing, and smart offensive design).

Tevin Coleman – Knowshon Moreno, Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Mathews. Poor Coleman was an easy target for Falcons fans this year, with his injury issues, fumble-itis, lack of patience, and box stats that were easily overshadowed by Devonta Freeman’s breakout year. Oh, and he got concussed by his bathtub. But quite honestly… I think there’s a not insignificant chance that Coleman is the better runner. Especially blasting through the contested yards, which was a serious deficiency of Freeman’s game this season. I think the Chargers-era Ryan Mathews in particular is a good comparison: a frustrating but talented runner. Hopefully he stays healthier than Mathews.

And then in May I wrote this big long thing about the two with this bottom line:

quote:

My personal take on this info is that Freeman is no slouch, is great in the passing game, and is evaluated as the better pass-blocker. But Coleman is probably the better runner (though small sample size etc etc). I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets in the ballpark of 150-200 carries this year (assuming he stays healthy). That’s enough to drop Freeman’s value out of the first round or two for me.

Critical chart:

If I was wrong about Freeman being the better pass-catcher, 200 carries + ~50 targets would put Coleman into RB2 territory.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 13, 2016

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Hixalot posted:

I know TE's suck, but is it a panic move to drop Fleener for Ebron?

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I don't think much separates the two down the stretch, but in terms of upside and draft stock- Ebron probably edges out Fleener for me. Would look at Week 13-17 to make the call, if one has an objectively better play off run in, that's probably your guy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I lost Keenan last week, and while I generally feel like I'm still in decent shape, I am considering making some moves. 2QB, 0.5PPR, 12 team league, start 2qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1 flex:

QBs: Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton
RBs: Todd Gurley, Spencer Ware, Frank Gore, Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman
WRs: Julio Jones, Julian Edelman, Tajae Sharpe, Kennan Allen (IR :rip:)

Now, Ware obviously has an expiration date on him, but I'm also feeling fairly confident that at least one of Abdullah or Coleman will shake out as an RB2 with upside for the rest of the season. If Todd Gurley busts this year then I may be in trouble, but in general, my RB situation seems solid.

My WRs on the other hand, are obviously super shallow right now. Julio and Edelman should play out as a solid as hell WR1 and WR2 duo, but until we see more truth from Tajae, I'm not feeling super confident with him as my WR3.

So I've got waiver wire bids in for Williams, Michael Thomas, and Mike Wallace in that order. Other options are Steve Smith, Eli Rogers (but I think he fades once Wheaton is back), Pryor, Cruz, Dorsett or Kerley. I just have no idea how to sort out these guys and who to prioritize.

I'm also thinking about moving Ware to the Charles owner for some WR depth, but his WRs aren't great - OBJ, Diggs, Torrey Smith, Will Fuller and Mo Sanu. Would my Ware for his Fuller and Diggs/Sanu be a stupid move?

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 13, 2016

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm also thinking about moving Ware to the Charles owner for some WR depth, but his WRs aren't great - OBJ, Diggs, Torrey Smith, Will Fuller and Mo Sanu. Would my Ware for his Fuller and Diggs/Sanu be a stupid move?

If he is willing to give up Fuller and Diggs/Sanu for Ware then I would do it in a heart beat. Fuller had ELEVEN targets. Sanu represents a piece of a slightly more friendly passing offense, Matt Ryan actually holds down a starting job with one team in the NFL.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Riven posted:

Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson scored exactly enough points for me to lose tonight by one point. Goddammit.

Got you beat

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Went Zero-RB and had Allen as my WR3. Julio and Evans are 1 & 2 in .5ppr 12 team.

Is Willie Snead for real? I have to choose between Snead vs. NYG or Melvin Gordon vs. Jax for my flex in week 2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

bows1 posted:

Got you beat

My buddy in jail beat his opponent by .15

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Need a WR and Tyrell Williams is by far the best available, out of a 100 dollar FAAB budget how much do you think I should out up. It's the first year we have switched to FAAB so I don't really have a good idea of how everyone will bid.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

Is Willie Snead for real? I have to choose between Snead vs. NYG or Melvin Gordon vs. Jax for my flex in week 2.

I don't give sit/start advice, but re: Snead

quote:

Here's some "way too bold" predictions for this year.
11. Willie Snead (ranked WR40) will finish in the top 25 among ppr WRs.

He's for real.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

MacheteZombie posted:

My buddy in jail beat his opponent by .15

how much is that in cigarettes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

how much is that in cigarettes

Instead of the cash prize if he wins he gets a carton.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Ugh, most of the recommended WW picks are already owned. I have bench room and the #4 waiver wire slot, so I'm guaranteed at least one of my top four picks.
Tyrell is priority #1, help me rank the other slots? ESPN Standard, I'm weakest at RB.

Cruz
Ervin
Hightower
Gilissee

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Vargo posted:

Ugh, most of the recommended WW picks are already owned. I have bench room and the #4 waiver wire slot, so I'm guaranteed at least one of my top four picks.
Tyrell is priority #1, help me rank the other slots? ESPN Standard, I'm weakest at RB.

Cruz
Ervin
Hightower
Gilissee

If you need RB help, Shaun Draughn, Chris Thompson, and Kenjon Barner are all worth the speculative add. Jalen Richard is generating noise, but his path to legitimacy would be complicated even if Murray went down. They all have more PPR value than standard, with the exception being Draughn and Barner would likely take over lead back duties if/when Hyde or Mathews went down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Draughn looked JAG as gently caress last night.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

In a 1 PPR, 2 QB league, would I be an rear end in a top hat for offering Matt Ryan for either Langford or Abdullah? And if not, which would you target? The guy I'd be trading with owns Stafford and Brady but was depending on RG3 to be his QB2 till the suspension is over.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

In a 1 PPR, 2 QB league, would I be an rear end in a top hat for offering Matt Ryan for either Langford or Abdullah? And if not, which would you target? The guy I'd be trading with owns Stafford and Brady but was depending on RG3 to be his QB2 till the suspension is over.

How many teams? Depending on how bare the waiver wire is, you probably are not asking for enough.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Would you spend 25% of your FAAB on Jordan Matthews who was dropped for a back up TE by the Gronk owner before noon games? I lost Keenan Allen who was my #1. Currently have Michael Floyd, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, and Willie Snead as my wide receivers.

Edit 0.5 ppr

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

How many teams? Depending on how bare the waiver wire is, you probably are not asking for enough.

10 teams. Looks like Wentz, Siemian, Gabbert, and McCown are the only marginally viable options. Hill and Keenum are there too but :laffo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rogue Elephant posted:

10 teams. Looks like Wentz, Siemian, Gabbert, and McCown are the only marginally viable options. Hill and Keenum are there too but :laffo:

Bradford is probably starting this week, not that it's any less of a bad choice.

Thanks for updating the Waiver Wire thing, Forever_Peace :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

Would you spend 25% of your FAAB on Jordan Matthews who was dropped for a back up TE by the Gronk owner before noon games? I lost Keenan Allen who was my #1. Currently have Michael Floyd, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, and Willie Snead as my wide receivers.

Edit 0.5 ppr

I certainly would. Now what the Wentz factor is more of a known, albeit skewed, quantity, Matthews has every chance to finish Top 15 or higher in PPR leagues. With Ertz also being dinged up, think JMatt gets a few more looks.

• Locked thread