Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Lightning Knight posted:

He'll just be another Palin: flash in the pan, temporary popularity, but in a cycle or two he'll go from nominee to reality TV star to trivia question nobody gives a poo poo about.

I hope you're right. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether or not Curt Schilling is the GOP nominee in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pacmania90 posted:

Really the smartest thing Cruz can do is to drop off the radar until people decide who to blame for the loss. I think people are naturally going to focus on Trump because he draws the most attention. I also think that if anyone fancies themselves Trump's successor, they're going to be the loudest critics of Trump.

Cruz will come out swinging in mid-November criticizing the style of Trump and his inconsistency as proof that he was a bad conservative, but then obliquely talk about he great he thinks Trumps ideas actually were.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/775727255653867520

thanks 4 not callin me names friend :unsmith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man remember when we were worried for a bit there

I never was, I just ignored the hell out of this thread when a whole bunch of new posters showed up suddenly very concerned about Hillary's health.

NathanScottPhillip's little meltdown was pretty great, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

quote:

Duke also said on Twitter this week that he was happy to see Pence stand up to CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer, whom he accused of being a secret agent for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

I sometimes wonder how tired the Onion's writers must be.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nice shirt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So basically the Trump campaign was like "AHA! IT'S FORTY SEVEN PERCENT ALL OVER AGAIN" while the Clinton campaign said "Oh brer Trump don't throw us in that deplorable briar patch"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Something's come up with *his* medical, hasn't it?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/rtraister/status/775734846173941761

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

canepazzo posted:

My favorite theory thus far:

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/775732254974873600

Edit: also, this:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

zoux posted:

So basically the Trump campaign was like "AHA! IT'S FORTY SEVEN PERCENT ALL OVER AGAIN" while the Clinton campaign said "Oh brer Trump don't throw us in that deplorable briar patch"
It really was a stunning ploy by the Clinton Campaign if intentional.

Flamebaiting with something they knew would be latched onto as a "47%" moment and turn the focus of the electorate to whether one candidate is literally the voice of neo nazis

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The NY Times is reporting about the NY Times.

How loving far up their rear end are journalists?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

canepazzo posted:

Well TBH syphilis would explain a whole lot...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

WampaLord posted:

The NY Times is reporting about the NY Times.

How loving far up their rear end are journalists?

It is the public editor, think that's her job basically

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

He said he'd be releasing his physical results in a week.

They'll never happen.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

what a monster :stare:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

canepazzo posted:

So wait, is the whole Dr Oz reveal of his medical records off or what?

I'm betting it's a combination of STDs and that his blood is hollandaise sauce.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Lastgirl posted:

what a monster :stare:

He's so over the top he seems like a Douglas Adams character.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The dr oz thing is not a medical record reveal, it's just a showy way to answer cherry-picked questions about his health

He said he would release the results of a recent physical, but you can bet anything slightly negative would be edited out

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

emdash posted:

The dr oz thing is not a medical record reveal, it's just a showy way to answer cherry-picked questions about his health

He said he would release the results of a recent physical, but you can bet anything slightly negative would be edited out

Yep, Dr. Oz himself said he wouldn't ask questions that Trump didn't want to answer. :sad:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

:cripes:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That aside, I'm sure nothing is glaringly wrong with Trump's health besides him being a slovenly and out of shape fat old man, and that never seems to slow down right wing hate golems much.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i wouldn't be surprised if long-term consistent sleep deprivation has damaged his brain

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Look, I don't wanna seem like a white knight here, and I'm a stone-cold Trumper, but Hillary is a fragile old sweet, though a bit assholish, grandma, and it is simply cruel to expect her to withstand the torments and rigor of what is the Hardest Job In The loving World.

Look at pics of any president before and after their terms, and you can see how it ages them beyond the years.
I loved my old Grandma, and if Hillary gets elected, the job will kill her, I thinx.
And that would be a Bad Thing. A Sad Thing.
Seriously.
She at least needs a few weeks in hospital to get healed up, and then we will see.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yo dawg, don't hate on the woke poo poo I come up with when I'm stoned. :colbert:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

emdash posted:

i wouldn't be surprised if long-term consistent sleep deprivation has damaged his brain

Whatever was wrong with his brain was probably wrong before (and probably causing) the sleep deprivation.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Night10194 posted:

That aside, I'm sure nothing is glaringly wrong with Trump's health besides him being a slovenly and out of shape fat old man, and that never seems to slow down right wing hate golems much.

It managed to slow down Scalia. Whose age Trump would be at the tail end of his 2nd term.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

Yes, its working p well

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Night10194 posted:

:agreed:

If he has issues they are mental instead of physical.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yes, its working p well

Do you think David Duke realizes like everyone who isn't Trump's base of his base loving hates David Duke?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Who cares? Do normal voting people even give a crap about the memewars or whatever occurring on Twitter?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Night10194 posted:

Do you think David Duke realizes like everyone who isn't Trump's base of his base loving hates David Duke?

David Duke is the right wing Jill Stein. He doesn't care about policy as much as publicity and acceptance of his ideas.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

haveblue posted:

Ted Cruz doesn't necessarily make bad decisions, that's what makes him dangerous. He's not willfully ignorant of his own stupidity like Trump, he'd be running a tighter ship and without constant missteps.

Yes the guy who read Green Eggs and Ham as part of his ACA filibuster isn't willfully ignorant. :thumbsup:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I do love how no one remotely competent wants to work for this campaign

No one remotely competent works for news outlets otherwise things like this would get constant attention instead of CLINTON COUGHS, EMAILS EMAILS EMAILSBENGAHZI.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night10194 posted:

Presumably David Duke is either a) a total charlatan in it for the money and attention and/or b) presumes he will be organizing and championing some kind of dumb poo poo Turner Diaries scenario where the opinions of non-white men will stop mattering.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I am not sure how this is supposed to make Hillary look bad.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure how this is supposed to make Hillary look bad.

it doesn't, it's just really funny

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/775742393798754304

*turns on CNN*. GodDAMN it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

emdash posted:

it doesn't, it's just really funny

Look, you retweet college kids, you gotta run the risk that at least 75% of what you're responding to was posted on :catdrugs:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

and you people were panicking the other day, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't give the American electorate much credit, but I am positive even they won't fall for this

• Locked thread