Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read the NYT review and I'm halfway through The Verge's review. A guy in work told me that the reason wireless headphones hadn't really taken off so far is because they lose sync on video really easily, is that true? If it is have the 7 and air pods dealt with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I've been using my Beats headphones for about half a year on my 6S and I've literally never had or even heard of that being a problem.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They fixed that in iOS 9.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

hotsauce posted:

Eh, they are still there. The icon is just hidden, which is enough for most people.

It's enough for me :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

This is Techcrunch's just after putting it in their pocket, like got drat how the hell.

Are the pants made of rocks and sand?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

LODGE NORTH posted:

Don't buy the 6S+ and buy a normal 6S and then keep the iPad mini.

Also, buy my 6S.

Also, I think I am never going to sell my 6S, everyone keeps falling through. This is the beginning of me having hosed up credit, I can feel it.

I'm interested, how much? I have PMs.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

How are most of you guys buying the iPhone? Paying in full? Or doing the installment plans?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^in full yeah. Business expense.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are the pants made of rocks and sand?

Tbf that guys article literally says he puts it in his pocket with other things. If it scratches THAT easily it can hardly be considered fit for purpose and they'll have a shitstorm on their hands. Distance selling laws means you can return it within 14 days anyway iirc? Thanks Europe.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Calling it now: Scratchgate!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Frank Dillinger posted:

Calling it now: Scratchgate!

Scatch-gait

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

I've never owned a battery-case like a Mophie or the Apple Hump, but how is someone supposed to listen to music on a 7 while using one? Will a case just come with a 3.5mm port because battery-cases are already big motherfuckers? Or did Apple seriously think they've put enough battery life on this thing to please everybody?

Is lightning passthrough a thing?
The Apple cases use Lightning, and I really, really doubt Apple would make it so you can't use it and listen to music. As for third-party ones, I have no idea. The ones on Amazon right now don't have a port.

EDIT: My iPhone 7 case is supposed to be delivered today. I'm curious to see if UPS forces signatures on SIGNATURE NOT REQUIRED packages from Apple like FedEx does.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

shadowvine118 posted:

So with the new phones you can't charge and have your headphones plugged in.

Oh drat are you for real????? This is the end of Apple

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LODGE NORTH posted:

iPhone 7 review embargo lifted. Engadget specifically noted that it took only a few minutes for scratches to show up on the Jet Black 7.

e; Almost every review is saying the jet black scratches incredibly easily.

Good. Maybe this'll take Jony Ive down a peg or two.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

LODGE NORTH posted:

e; Almost every review is saying the jet black scratches incredibly easily.

As does Gruber: http://daringfireball.net/2016/09/the_iphones_7

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Apple warned that it does...

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So is iOS 10 out yet? Are you guys upgrading today or waiting?

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.

Three-Phase posted:

So is iOS 10 out yet? Are you guys upgrading today or waiting?

I think it usually drops a little after 10 AM PST.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been using it since the GM hit the beta channel on my 6S. It's good and you should get it as soon as it's available.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have a 5C that I'm using while I'm trying to sell my 6S and I'm scared to update just because I know it'll be slow as hell.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Should I upgrade my IPhone 6s to iOS 10? I'm not going to be buying an iPhone 7. How about my IPad air 2?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yes to both. Everything should be upgraded unless you're weary about speed on the really old stuff that is barely supported.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

LODGE NORTH posted:

I have a 5C that I'm using while I'm trying to sell my 6S and I'm scared to update just because I know it'll be slow as hell.

It's noticeably slower on my 5c, but not unusable. I can imagine how slow it's gonna feel coming from a 6S though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Do the IPSW files come out at the same time as the OTA?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Filthy nerds have pockets full of filth and garbage anime figurines unlike professionals whose pockets are clean and made of silk.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You mean my white gloved servant who carries my phone on a bed of silk and holds it to my ear as I discuss layoffs and acquisitions over breakfast.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cowofwar posted:

Filthy nerds have pockets full of filth and garbage anime figurines unlike professionals whose pockets are clean and made of silk.

Professionals use tools like Blackberry Priv with Android not toys like iPhones or Samsungs!!!

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he

Housh posted:

Cool. I'll just grab the 24W PowerPort 2.

I'm a little late but I have one of those and it's awesome.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Lowtax where's the Something Awful Sticker App?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Lowtax where's the Something Awful Sticker App?

I'm a little late but I have one of those and it's awesome.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Looks like iOS 10 is out. I'm upgrading OTA now

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Do I have to roll back from iOS 10 beta in order to download the official release? I already deleted the beta profile but I'm still not getting the update offered.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

dexter6 posted:

Looks like iOS 10 is out. I'm upgrading OTA now

Ha, I showed my wife and she just started frowning, I think everyone else in my family hates the changes so much.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Avocados posted:

Do I have to roll back from iOS 10 beta in order to download the official release? I already deleted the beta profile but I'm still not getting the update offered.

what version do you have installed right now?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Jose Oquendo posted:

what version do you have installed right now?

iOS 10.0.1

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope my phone doesn't get scratched in the mail. Hopefully the Apple leather case doesn't scratch my phone. I have a pile of iPhones from various generations and none of them have scratches. I guess I don't know how to live life to the fullest.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Avocados posted:

download your relevant IPSW. Connect your phone to iTunes. Option (mac) Shift (pc) on Check for Update in iTunes. Point it to the downloaded IPSW. Let it do it's thing.

When done, you should be on 9.3.5 and then go look for the new one in Software Update.

Disclaimer: I am no pro... but I JUST did this like an hour ago.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Avocados posted:

You might already have the official release. Compare the build numbers.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
Anyone else run into problems installing iOS 10? I have to apparently roll back from a botched OTA update to 9.3 in recovery mode...

EDIT: Apparently this is not an uncommon issue according to people on the Apple Reddit. You might want to hold off on updating for a bit...

ChadSexington fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 13, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Maneki Neko posted:

Ha, I showed my wife and she just started frowning, I think everyone else in my family hates the changes so much.

She sounds like an idiot, ios10 is objectively the best iOS of all time.

Housh posted:

I hope my phone doesn't get scratched in the mail. Hopefully the Apple leather case doesn't scratch my phone.

Apple leather(Saddle Brown) case is the most perfect case of all time and has not once scratched my phone, on the contrary it has kept it perfect both inside and out, for almost one full year at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

ChadSexington posted:

Anyone else run into problems installing iOS 10? I have to apparently roll back from a botched OTA update to 9.3 in recovery mode...
Yep me too