Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Vando posted:

I hope it turns out that this is just part of the announcement and there's more cool stuff coming on the back of it.

Long Beach as a real track, right? Right?

I can hope :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iRacing already shows the Audi 90 on the Cars page.

spoilery i guess

Edit: gonna see if I can buy it before they announce it, lol

Edit 2: yep, gg iracing

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Bought it, looking forward to spinning it into many walls.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

"Part 2 on September 20"

:boom:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Part 2 coming next Tuesday. iRacing is learning how to hype.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Part 2 next week :golfclap:

Way to keep the tension high

Anyone saw that open wheeler in the back when they were showing the 3d-imaging? Was that the lmp1 everyone seems to want by any chance?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Like I knew what this was since the leak but I'm still hype as gently caress so gj iRacing

Also Friday night Gooncar: Audi and Cadillac multiclass, Lime Rock, LET'S DO THIS poo poo. Also I'm putting a practice session up later this eve.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Just in case there are any non-members lurking, you can get the new Audi for free when you make a new account with the promo code "PR-AUDI90".

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Wait is it already purchase and drivable??

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

OhsH posted:

Wait is it already purchase and drivable??

Not home so I can't download it and give it a shot for ~10 hours.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I keep hitting 404's when trying to download the car, because iRacing. :(

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Bentai posted:

I keep hitting 404's when trying to download the car, because iRacing. :(

Better be fixed by the time i get home > : (

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Are there other cars in that class that might race against it? If there's a part 2 to the surprise it'd be kinda bad to buy this car this week if an option I might like better is coming up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If anything, the next surprise is probably another Audi.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So wait, this thing has no official series?

General RAARGH
Jan 24, 2003

armchair general

njsykora posted:

So wait, this thing has no official series?

Was wondering this too...

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Next week, or on part 3 on the 27th (you know it's gonna happen) they will announce the series info. Either that will be the focus of part 2, or we can figure out the likely series based on the car that they announce next week.

I'm guessing they have one more car ready to go... and two more either in progress, or scanned but not modeled.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Nobody is doing c class trucks nonfixed. Or at least they weren't last night. I want to do 75 laps :smith:

On the plus side all the fixed trucks I did had 3 or less yellow flags.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
It's the kind of series that runs at specific times. Check out 8:15 and 9:15pm EST.

Wet blanket alert - do you have a setup that can run 30.0? I think you're in for a huge disappointment if you run the open oval series without having a setup put together?

I mean just my own experience here, but I knocked out my C fixed race for the week last night. I did well. I drove fast. I turned left with great success. My fastest lap of the race with the fixed setup was slower than all but 1 person in last night's open trucks. So with the same setup and same driving, I go from one of the 2 or 3 fastest people in my fixed race, to 16th fastest in an open race. No way around it, need that setup.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Played with the Audi 90 GTO around Summit Point and shits fun, yo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CaseFace McGee posted:

Next week, or on part 3 on the 27th (you know it's gonna happen) they will announce the series info. Either that will be the focus of part 2, or we can figure out the likely series based on the car that they announce next week.

I'm guessing they have one more car ready to go... and two more either in progress, or scanned but not modeled.

It has to be either Group 5 or full bore historic IMSA if they are doing an official series. I'd find it hilarious if historic IMSA ended up with better participation than current IMSA.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

I'm guessing it'll be another Audi from a totally different series/era.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I understand your concerns about lack of setup. And I honestly don't care. I'll learn or try and learn, but need there to be people to bother learning.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Audi is getting some serious play on hosted sessions right now :stare:

Watching a stream of it on Bathurst. This poo poo is nuts. https://www.twitch.tv/jplays

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

CaseFace McGee posted:

If that's the case I like them just releasing the cars instead of endlessly repeating 'it's coming, no really we're working on it' like with the Renault and some tracks they're supposedly making.

Also the audi at lime rock was fun, seems like I wasn't wayyy slow compared to some other goons in that session. Looking forward to gooncar next week (won't be in town this Sunday)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

What's going down on Sunday? I know it's skippy, but where.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Of you go to league sessions you can see the whole season.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Huhn. Didn't know that. Thanks.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

This thing is bonkers.

First draft of the livery is alright, but it needs a lot more filled in and I've barely drove it... so time to do a few more laps.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I had so much fun rowing gears and chuchuing all over.

Also, for standing starts, if you floor it, put your heel on the brake and drag the clutch to build boost, you can smoke all four tires off the line.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 14, 2016

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

It's a hoot at Spa, sick four-wheel drifts when accelerating out of both hairpins by the pits.

I hope the next announcement is another in-class IMSA car. Mazda is a definite possibility, but they have also done some fairly recent scans of Aston Martins, and who knows what else was stored in the collections from any other scans they've done...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If all these hyped up announcements are just bits of content from the back catalogue that they've finished but not released I'd be fine with that as a mass content dump.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Would really like a LMP1 to tool around with.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Norns posted:

Would really like a LMP1 to tool around with.

I want a Rebellion-Toyota because Plucky Underdogs and also death to Volkswagen.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Helicon One posted:

That says to me 'completely impossible to drive in any way' so likely to be the road equivalent of Sprint Cars where everyone thinks it is cool that they exist but nobody races them.
Unspoilered since the news broke, but yeah this is basically what this car is going to end up being. So far my experience is that it's probably a little easier to accelerate than you might expect. But braking, forget it. The average user isn't going to have any time for the amount of delicacy needed to slow this thing down. You can basically put it in that "Sprint Car, Silver Crown, V8 Supercars for Americans, Cup cars on road courses" curiosity pile once the novelty wears off. It's fine and if you have the money, by all means, but you're not going to be shelving your Skippy or your Formula Renault for this thing.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Delicacy? Don't you just smash the brake pedal and mutter a prayer to The Stuck?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
If you slam the brakes as hard as you can, it will stop on a dime, and hey you've got about a 1 in 8 chance of being pointed in the right direction too, so there's that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Does the G27 still have driver issues with Windows 10?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Unspoilered since the news broke, but yeah this is basically what this car is going to end up being. So far my experience is that it's probably a little easier to accelerate than you might expect. But braking, forget it. The average user isn't going to have any time for the amount of delicacy needed to slow this thing down. You can basically put it in that "Sprint Car, Silver Crown, V8 Supercars for Americans, Cup cars on road courses" curiosity pile once the novelty wears off. It's fine and if you have the money, by all means, but you're not going to be shelving your Skippy or your Formula Renault for this thing.
How is the Lotus 49 participation held up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Largepotato posted:

Does the G27 still have driver issues with Windows 10?

Mine had until i disabled automatic driver updating for the wheel. I've since gotten the anniversary update so maybe it's gotten better but I'm not eager to try what the situation is like now cause driver poo poo is so annoying. I mean it's 2016, I thought drivers were a fixed problem. Turns out they're not