Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dunban posted:

Pokemen Generations announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMzwcIG8vgk

Origins was pretty cool, looking forward to this.

First episode airs this Friday.

This is intensely my poo poo. Origins was cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I am really excited but I wish they were longer than three to five minutes :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Avalerion posted:

Like the dude myself, took one through X. It being part normal weirds me out though, like I figured normal in pokemon terms just means: this is just a regular dog/lizard/whatever, not unlike all those fire/water/rock dogs/lizards/whatever... and then they go ahead and slap it on mons like this one at random anyway.

On the plus side it gives it a fantastic movepool.

Surf/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

its cool

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nodoze posted:

I am really excited but I wish they were longer than three to five minutes :(

you can get a lot done in three to five minutes, though. Origins was good but kind of slowly paced, these tighter limits on length should fix that problem if it's still the same general style

i hope we see Gold and Silver in action though, those two are my favorite player character/rival pair and outside of HG/SS they just dont get any attention. Red and Blue get all the love

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Keep in mind that they're running these weekly through the end of the year. That's, like, 15 shorts total.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Alxprit posted:

Keep in mind that they're running these weekly through the end of the year. That's, like, 15 shorts total.

18 episodes, to be exact. We're getting two episodes at once to start things off this Friday.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

...and that's when Lysandre killed my Heliolisk.

I can't believe that just happened.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Daywolf looks really fuckin cool I can't wait

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

...and that's when Lysandre killed my Heliolisk.

I can't believe that just happened.

it fainted, pokemon can't be killed unless they're Marowak

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

it fainted, pokemon can't be killed unless they're Marowak

It's a nuzlocke run. He dead.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wasn't sure at first but Nightwolf is actually cool and crazy.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I just completed a nuzlocke, kind of, of ORAS. I've only ever played Red and Y, and I don't know if I really obeyed the spirit of the rules - I made heavy use of every pokemon that was handed to me, lost a lot of them to just actually not remembering type stuff off the top of my head. Groudon was the only member of my team left alive when I won the championship.

Still enjoying it, and fiddling with completing the Hoenn and maybe national pokedex, but I'm not sure what the least tedious way would be to accumulate stuff I'd need to trade for starters/version exclusives/whatever. Maybe it's too close to Sun & Moon to worry about postgame stuff.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Pokemon Generations is the worst movie ever made,

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

did I miss someone posting the newer ultrabeast peoples?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AAB posted:

did I miss someone posting the newer ultrabeast peoples?

Yeah, yesterday when Corocoro leaked.

I wonder who buff mosquito dude is.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, yesterday when Corocoro leaked.

I wonder who buff mosquito dude is.

The one who poses like Jojo.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I was super excited about this until they said it was just youtube shorts at the end.

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

I hope one of them is entirely about this kid and the legacy he left.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

i am also an ultra beast

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There should be a short on where your mom spends all your money in HG/SS.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zore posted:

On the plus side it gives it a fantastic movepool.

Surf/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

its cool

I have a Heliolisk named Ripley with that exact move set.

Helioptile became a permanent member of my team when I discovered that it could learn Surf.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blackheart posted:

I wasn't sure at first but Nightwolf is actually cool and crazy.

I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. I love that it's just so ridiculously X-Treme, even with perpetually glowing red eyes, that it somehow warps back to good. Daywolf is good and all, but it looks pretty anime-wolf style. I do hope that each has another evolved form.

I'm still gonna call mind Shadow the Werehog.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It's a nuzlocke run. He dead.

are you a doctor? no you aren't, take it to a pokemon center and they'll fix him right up you monster

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

are you a doctor? no you aren't, take it to a pokemon center and they'll fix him right up you monster

He's gone and he's not coming back. It's hard but you have to accept this.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

oh, more origins, nice. looks like a selection of every gen as well.

I hope they do the delta episode

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

McDragon posted:

oh, more origins, nice. looks like a selection of every gen as well.

I hope they do the delta episode

I'm really curious how they'll handle Johto given how little happens in it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Geostomp posted:

I mean, we already saw some of the Johto stuff. Lance's Dragonite vs. Red Gyarados, Red's final battle on Mt. Silver, Encountering hermit Giovanni in the cave...

There's quite a few things that would make good shorts. And honestly with 18 short eps and 6 gens they only need 2/3 per gen, especially if they're making poo poo up like the rad Poke-SWAT team breach.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

well for one, they're only 5 minutes long

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zore posted:

I mean, we already saw some of the Johto stuff. Lance's Dragonite vs. Red Gyarados, Red's final battle on Mt. Silver, Encountering hermit Giovanni in the cave...

There's quite a few things that would make good shorts. And honestly with 18 short eps and 6 gens they only need 2/3 per gen, especially if they're making poo poo up like the rad Poke-SWAT team breach.

SWAT thing seemed to involve Looker, so I wonder what that's about. Maybe we'll see the cops trying to deal with one of the villain teams and Looker gets some spotlight time for it

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

I hope one of them is entirely about this kid and the legacy he left.

Maybe they'll have an ultra beast based on shorts kid. UB-5H0R75

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sunwolf is a Sun exclusive? Well guess I'm switching my preorder

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The wolves are so lame they don't even warrant version exclusivity

Just get yourself a nice Stoutland you'll be safer and happier

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rockruff's evolutions don't look like they are rock type at all.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Rockruff's evolutions don't look like they are rock type at all.

Daywolf has like rock spikes in its mane. It's going to have a 60bp 100%acc priority rock move and it is going to be killer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope the day one is fighting/rock.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
So what I'm getting from this is that the games have an inverted R/S thing going.

In Sun, Skull are the villains, Expansion is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Skull to make a fortune selling.

In Moon, Aether are the villains, Beauty is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Aether to keep and "protect."

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I was super excited about this until they said it was just youtube shorts at the end.

yeah, same

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that the games have an inverted R/S thing going.

In Sun, Skull are the villains, Expansion is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Skull to make a fortune selling.

In Moon, Aether are the villains, Beauty is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Aether to keep and "protect."

On one hand, I get to be pals with my boy Guzma.
On the other, I get the crappier dog.

HMMMM....

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

I doubt it.

More like Skull is set up to be the bad guy early on while Aether Foundation got your back in some double battles. Like they steal some poo poo, blah blah normal early game Pokemon villainy.

Plot twist, Aether fucks everything up either deliberately or accidently and unleashes UBs on the world. You have to fight them after they take out infrastructure, and Team Skull ends up backing you up and becoming heroes.

So more like Emerald than R/S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The roles of the teams are not version dependent.