Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Would you spend 25% of your FAAB on Jordan Matthews who was dropped for a back up TE by the Gronk owner before noon games? I lost Keenan Allen who was my #1. Currently have Michael Floyd, Emmanuel Sanders, Marvin Jones, and Willie Snead as my wide receivers.

Edit 0.5 ppr

I would spend more than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who wins in this trade? 1 PPR 14 person league

Demaryius Thomas
DeAndre Hopkins

For

Ben Roethlisberger
Odell Beckham Jr
Tevin Coleman

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Also maybe it was mentioned and I missed it in the Andy Reid spat, but for those worried about Jamaal Charles, "Since 2007, Andy Reid’s RB1 (in games they played) has averaged 78 percent of the team’s running back snaps, 77 percent of the team’s running back carries, and 81 percent of the team’s running back targets. Since 2007, Andy Reid’s RB1 has averaged 15.6 carries, 5.0 targets, 105.1 all-purpose yards, 0.84 touchdowns and 19.7 [PPR] fantasy points per game." Whoa. Maybe Ware played himself into more than just the leftovers from that, of course.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Doltos posted:

Who wins in this trade? 1 PPR 14 person league

Demaryius Thomas
DeAndre Hopkins

For

Ben Roethlisberger
Odell Beckham Jr
Tevin Coleman

I'd say Hopkins/DT by a small margin.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Who is Ben replacing?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Oh god, my non-goon league is one where every trade that isn't deemed perfectly balanced is vetoed. gently caress that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Boosh! posted:

Who is Ben replacing?

Andy Dalton

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
The team getting DT and Nuk wins.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RVProfootballer posted:

Also maybe it was mentioned and I missed it in the Andy Reid spat, but for those worried about Jamaal Charles, "Since 2007, Andy Reid’s RB1 (in games they played) has averaged 78 percent of the team’s running back snaps, 77 percent of the team’s running back carries, and 81 percent of the team’s running back targets. Since 2007, Andy Reid’s RB1 has averaged 15.6 carries, 5.0 targets, 105.1 all-purpose yards, 0.84 touchdowns and 19.7 [PPR] fantasy points per game." Whoa. Maybe Ware played himself into more than just the leftovers from that, of course.

Yeah, I think the likely outcome of Ware tearing it up here is they rest Charles another week, maybe two. Charles >>> Ware, but they don't need to rush him back. Certainly preferable to a timeshare situation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So I lost Keenan Allen and have the second WW pick in my 10 team half PPR league.

QB: Cam Newton, Tom Brady
RB: Matt Forte, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Matt Jones
WR: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller, Vincent Jackson
TE: Gary Barnidge
DST: Chiefs

Couple questions:

1. Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace, Kenny Stills, Eli Rogers, and Chris Hogan are the top available players. What order would you aim to get them on the WW? Williams seems like the best pickup.

2. Should I ditch VJax now for a second player, or wait another week?

3. Julius Thomas, Dwayne Allen, and Eric Ebron are all on the WW. Any thoughts on those players or what I should do?

4. I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to move Gordon, Crowell, or Jones and get a better WR. Gordon looked great but given the loss of Allen I would be worried that Woodhead will see the dominant share from now on. Woodhead saw the ball 24 times to Gordon's 14. Thoughts?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Vincent Jackson should not be rostered in any format whatsoever.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So I lost Keenan Allen and have the second WW pick in my 10 team half PPR league.

QB: Cam Newton, Tom Brady
RB: Matt Forte, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Matt Jones
WR: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller, Vincent Jackson
TE: Gary Barnidge
DST: Chiefs

Couple questions:

1. Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace, Kenny Stills, Eli Rogers, and Chris Hogan are the top available players. What order would you aim to get them on the WW? Williams seems like the best pickup.

3. Julius Thomas, Dwayne Allen, and Eric Ebron are all on the WW. Any thoughts on those players or what I should do?

4. I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to move Gordon, Crowell, or Jones and get a better WR. Gordon looked great but given the loss of Allen I would be worried that Woodhead will see the dominant share from now on. Woodhead saw the ball 24 times to Gordon's 14. Thoughts?

1) I've seen some talk about Travis Benjamin potentially picking up more of the shorter depth slack that Keenan left and Williams being more a deep threat. Not sure how it'll shake out, but it isn't clear to me that Williams is the biggest beneficiary there. I might slightly prefer Wallace, but doesn't seem like an obvious decision. Then I'm still holding out hope for Stills and someone besides Landry still has to catch some passes in Miami, and Rogers has been talked up by Ben as his best slot WR ever (or something like that). It doesn't really help you, because I like all of them as pick ups.

2) I'd dump him for one of the other ww guys, but that is probably a bit unfair to him.

3) Might as well see if McCown loves Barnidge again. Those TEs are all interchangeable, so wait a week or two and dump Barnidge then if he doesn't pick up steam.

4) I would deal Gordon for WR help if you can. Should probably be able to get a low end WR1 to mid WR2, no?

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Stills played himself out of a spot on Sunday, Parker can't get healthy quick enough for Miami. Williams has the undeniable highest ceiling out of the bunch based on position and opportunity, but wouldn't be amazed if Wallace had a one off resurgent year with Flacco and Trestman.

Dwayne Allen is criminally undervalued and has the best QB of the trio throwing him the ball. Thomas isn't worth the injury risk despite the upside. Ebron is comparatively equal to Allen with a less talented QB. Their Week 1 stats are almost identical in terms of targets, YPC, and otherwise.

If SD relies heavily on Woodhead, then I don't think McCoy is head coach by Week 11- after SD goes on Bye. While Woodhead's numbers have been great for PPR purposes, he is 31, slowed down towards the end of the season last year, and will be schemed for accordingly with Allen out. I just don't think Woodhead has it in him physically to carry the load in a division that will see SD take on Denver, KC, and Khalil Mack two times this year. SD is going to be out of play off contention quickly in that division, there is literally no reason for them not to get Gordon out on the field and take a long look at him. Devils advocate pivot: There is no reason for them to injure their future lead back during a lost season either. I am personally buying in to the narrative that Gordon is actually a talented running back and McCoy will be out of a job before Christmas.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I currently have the 6th waiver in one of my leagues where we don't reset every week and could definitely use a WR, should I put in a few claims on some of the good pickups (most of them are available in my league right now) or just pick up the best of who's left and exit the week with a higher waiver for when another big injury (possibly to an RB who nobody is holding a handcuff for) happens?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Followed advice from earlier, looking for input on my waiver list for tonight

ESPN Standard Scoring League

Roster:
QB Wilson
RB Peterson
RB Ware
WR Robinson
WR Jeffery
TE Walker
FLX Moncrief
FLX DeSean Jackson
DST Jets
K Gostkowski

BE J Charles
BE Abdullah
BE P Rivers
BE J McKinnon
BE Empty
BE Empty
BE Empty

My WAIVER LIST right now (my starting position is 3/8):
Tevin Coleman
Will Fuller
Tajae Sharpe
Theo Riddick (drop McKinnon)
Mohamed Sanu
Mike Wallace
Phillip Dorsett
Tyrell Williams

No idea what other people have put up for waivers. Any input on order I should change? Will probably drop Rivers later this week if Wilson looks guaranteed for Sunday. I'll rearrange Roster/Bench once I see who I get from waivers.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Should I drop Devin Funchess to handcuff my #1 pick Lamar Miller with Tyler Ervin?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Should I drop Devin Funchess to handcuff my #1 pick Lamar Miller with Tyler Ervin?

I would not.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
But is there anyone else you could drop Funchess for?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Mikey Purp posted:

But is there anyone else you could drop Funchess for?

Eli Rogers & Kerley.

Also, drop Christine Michael for Devin Coleman?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Should I trade Leveon Bell?

So I'm in a 12 team ESPN standard league where 6 teams make the playoffs. My lineup is currently:

Bortles
Bell
Hyde
Crowell
D. Thomas
G. Tate
Gronk

Bench:
Hurns
T. West
T. Boyd
Matt Jones
Rishard Matthews
Gio Bernard

A guy in my league is offering me

HIS:
Melvin Gordon Alshon Jeffery

MY:
Leveon Bell
Terrance West

I drafted this team hoping I can hold on to a 5/6 playoff seed after surviving the weeks Bell was missing early. I drafted before anyone knew about the Gronk nonsense.

Right now, I'm 0-1 (somehow almost won! ) Waivers are inverse of standings, and reset weekly, so I can get some waiver wire guys this week and next, but is this trade worth taking? I can take the trade and win some games now, which would hopefully lock down a playoff spot, but if I keep Bell and get in anyways, I'll be in a better place. I'm worried about Woodhead eating into Gordon's workload. I haven't paid much attention to Jeffery. Input is appreciated!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

That's a bad trade.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butter Hole posted:

Should I trade Leveon Bell?

So I'm in a 12 team ESPN standard league where 6 teams make the playoffs. My lineup is currently:

Bortles
Bell
Hyde
Crowell
D. Thomas
G. Tate
Gronk

Bench:
Hurns
T. West
T. Boyd
Matt Jones
Rishard Matthews
Gio Bernard

A guy in my league is offering me

HIS:
Melvin Gordon Alshon Jeffery

MY:
Leveon Bell
Terrance West

I drafted this team hoping I can hold on to a 5/6 playoff seed after surviving the weeks Bell was missing early. I drafted before anyone knew about the Gronk nonsense.

Right now, I'm 0-1 (somehow almost won! ) Waivers are inverse of standings, and reset weekly, so I can get some waiver wire guys this week and next, but is this trade worth taking? I can take the trade and win some games now, which would hopefully lock down a playoff spot, but if I keep Bell and get in anyways, I'll be in a better place. I'm worried about Woodhead eating into Gordon's workload. I haven't paid much attention to Jeffery. Input is appreciated!

Lmao no.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

That's a bad trade.

I figured as much but am kind of in a tough spot with Bell and Gronk both likely missing the first 3 weeks. I'll probably stick with my original plan and try to get some good WRs on waivers. It's not as absurd as you guys are making it out to be! The Bell/Gronk turn might be my downfall...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Butter Hole posted:

I'm worried about Woodhead eating into Gordon's workload. I haven't paid much attention to Jeffery. Input is appreciated!
San Diego sucks and Woodhead is going to be the RB as soon as they're down in a game.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Thinking of taking a risk on picking up Tyrell Williams, since Keenan Allen is out. (16 team league very deep)

Who should I drop?
Kenny Stills
Eli Rogers
Terelle Pryor

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I'm trying to fill a Keenan Allen sized hole in my line-up, and my bench receivers (Kamar Aiken and Rishard Mathews) aren't looking good. The best waiver options look to be Tyrell Williams, Davante Adams, and Brandon LaFell (e: could also grab Kerley). How much of a $100 FAAB should I bid?

I feel desperate because I'm already replacing one of my early picks, so I don't really trust my judgment. I'm also worried about people bidding high because it's week 1. My team is okay aside from that roster spot; I just have nobody worth slotting in.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 13, 2016

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Jasjit Pabla posted:

Thinking of taking a risk on picking up Tyrell Williams, since Keenan Allen is out. (16 team league very deep)

Who should I drop?
Kenny Stills
Eli Rogers
Terelle Pryor

I'd drop Stills or Pryor. Probably Stills he looked real bad. Rogers seems like he has a role in the beastly Steelers offense so I'd probably hold on to him if you can.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spiller cut.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
R.I.P. IN PIECES

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

In before the SPILLER TO THE PATRIOTS?!?!? Twitter speculation starts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Spiller is obviously going to San Fran. Chip Kelly had a big boner for him and tried trading for him. Ended up with Sproles instead.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This is just a trade-value nugget for you all regarding a transaction that went down in my league.

AB for Evans + Kelvin, .5 ppr

Backstory: AB owner announced after drafting him that he would be looking to trade him away, for a stud WR and another starter, because he didn't want to be rooting for Rapelisberger. AB owner also lost Keenan.

No strong opinions either way - just sharing if it helps with a trade evaluation.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What are peoples thoughts on Jeremy Kerley actually?

He was just traded to SF a couple weeks ago, but already played a big role last night and could become a serviceable flex in PPR?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Suave Fedora posted:

This is just a trade-value nugget for you all regarding a transaction that went down in my league.

AB for Evans + Kelvin, .5 ppr

Backstory: AB owner announced after drafting him that he would be looking to trade him away, for a stud WR and another starter, because he didn't want to be rooting for Rapelisberger. AB owner also lost Keenan.

No strong opinions either way - just sharing if it helps with a trade evaluation.

I wouldn't even in his position. Somebody's top 10 or bust.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

VietCampo posted:

What are peoples thoughts on Jeremy Kerley actually?

He was just traded to SF a couple weeks ago, but already played a big role last night and could become a serviceable flex in PPR?

He's the slot receiver and everyone was jerking off over Bruce Ellington because he was the slot in Chip's offense. He'll be fine as a bye week PPR flex from his bazillions of targets alone.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I like him better than that in PPR, I think there's a very real chance he's usable nearly every week as a dude with a consistent floor in that format.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm tickled pink people are still trying to squeeze water from the Chip Kelly stone.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
How does this look as a waiver wire bid process for a .5 PPR league where I really need a WR

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm tickled pink people are still trying to squeeze water from the Chip Kelly stone.

Not only that but from a wideout that doesn't run curl routes every loving play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I wouldn't even in his position. Somebody's top 10 or bust.

Eh, for someone losing Keenan Allen and having no great bench options, i think i'd be fine with switching out AB84 for 2 potential top 15 WR's in Evans and Kelvin. But would have to see his bench to fully comment.

• Locked thread