Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Pulled a 3* Lenna for my half price pull today. I already have a Lenna though so I'll just smush them together at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just got my 4th Rydia, I think I'm going to keep two just in case, but definitely mushing the others after I summon my rear end off and get nowhere close to the trophy

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Mylan posted:

Yeah, I want a COD because I have 2 lockes and a Zidane for when she gets a 6*, but no miyuki for my chozo.

It's really too bad she has no ability slots at 5*. Doesn't Garland have the same problem?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Half price pull today gave me a second Cloud of Darkness.

Fenrir posted:

Also, since everyone is talking about sharing Lenna now, who was the guy that posted in here about how sharing Lenna was bad and we should all stop doing it.

I was the guy that started the Lennashare talk, I think. So searching my posts or responses to my posts in this topic should probably shed light on that if you really want to know. It was a guy who wasn't focused on autobattling explorations at the time for the event, to be fair.

Mrit posted:

Any goons willing to help a new player out and friend me? I'm only rank 18, but I'm growing fast!(and I can't beat this drat boss)
ID 023618103

Done. Warrior of Light incoming.

WebDO posted:

Requesting someone to make a :shadowned: smilie for this thread, asking for a friend

If it morphs into Bedile that would be extra cool.! :v:

Alpha Phoenix posted:

All of that sounds awful, 2 paid app options or making a Facebook account.

You iconoclast, you!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Fenrir posted:

It's really too bad she has no ability slots at 5*. Doesn't Garland have the same problem?

Yeah, no slots for poor ol' Garland. He even has white and black magic levels that he can't do anything with. Doublehand + Barrage would make him wreck some poo poo up.

I'm hoping to pull Cloud on this banner to get one step closer to getting the FF villains (and she's better than any other physical unit I have). I don't have WoL or Cheetosauru either but I can't seem to pull a 4* base character despite all the gold crystals I pull.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm only missing WoL from the upcoming banner but trying to pull a 4* base unit isn't something I'm banking on.

I pulled another Kain this morning and I'm wondering what I should do with him. My current TM team is Lenna, Locke, Kain, Cheezorro, Bartz. Using a 2nd Kain would make unlocking Gungir faster but who would I drop? Lenna I guess? The only person that could use the spear would be Bartz who's already rocking the Enhancer.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
So deciding to go all out on this one or wait for Lightning/Tillith. They should be next up as new units right?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Vax posted:

So deciding to go all out on this one or wait for Lightning/Tillith. They should be next up as new units right?

According to that interview that was posted, global Lightning should be "very soon."

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Big thanks to the goons who added me, a very powerful Lenna helped me kick that bosses rear end, and the rest are helping me grind up some xp and making my team a bit more useful. Thanks again!
Edit: Oh, and gently caress Balloons. Enough HP that I can't auto-grind them, as they explode and kill my team. :argh:

Mrit fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 13, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mrit posted:

Big thanks to the goons who added me, a very powerful Lenna helped me kick that bosses rear end, and the rest are helping me grind up some xp and making my team a bit more useful. Thanks again!
Edit: Oh, and gently caress Balloons. Enough HP that I can't auto-grind them, as they explode and kill my team. :argh:

Heh, that still happens with Grenades in the newest content. One of 'em ate my WoL yesterday because I derped and autoattacked instead of doing something that could have one-shot them.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I wish TM grinding wasn't such a colossally stupid undertaking or I'd actually be amused at having 5 Kains and would enjoy running around in exploration jumping on everything for a few days

Instead it would be running around in exploration for a few months :cripes:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
For Balloons and Grenades, you want to focus your fire on them and not let the autoattack pick who your guys are stacking.

Just tap them once to make them the active target. (Tap the active target again to turn active targeting off.) You don't need to turn Auto off to do this.

They will use Self Destruct after they get under 50% health, so if your whole party isn't targeting them, it's way more likely they will use it.

This is why Lenna (or Roselia, I guess) is so handy. I can autobattle trough the forge with no problem if Lenna is keeping everyone topped off, even with 3 Grenade enemies.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My solution for balloons is to focus one then auto-battle. My party can kill one if they gang up and the game will move the focus to the next target automatically to keep the fight as automated as possible. I do watch out for AoE limit breaks though, I sure one or two would be enough to put a Balloon into gently caress-off mode and drop somebody.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Got my first Penelo today. Welp. Waiting until that FB banner drops so I can have 6 Lennas and Kefkas.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Half-price pull surprised me today. 3* Firion. He's pretty good right? After I shove ALL the cactuars down Locke's throat, I'll be doing the same to Firion. Not sure if I'll do any real pulls on the FB banner though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

victrix posted:

I wish TM grinding wasn't such a colossally stupid undertaking or I'd actually be amused at having 5 Kains and would enjoy running around in exploration jumping on everything for a few days

Instead it would be running around in exploration for a few months :cripes:

I pulled a fencer today and if i could tm grind a barrage she'd propably be used instead of chizuru for a short while but by the time i finished it even with scripts cheese's 6 star form would likely be out.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

For Balloons and Grenades, you want to focus your fire on them and not let the autoattack pick who your guys are stacking.

Just tap them once to make them the active target. (Tap the active target again to turn active targeting off.) You don't need to turn Auto off to do this.

Holy poo poo, thank you! I didn't know you could/how to target manually. :downs:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kemix posted:

Half-price pull surprised me today. 3* Firion. He's pretty good right? After I shove ALL the cactuars down Locke's throat, I'll be doing the same to Firion. Not sure if I'll do any real pulls on the FB banner though.

Yes. He can equip everything except robes, heavy shields and heavy armor.

He gets various Drain attacks, as well as Bird, Bug, and Plant killer. Gets Bladeblitz and Regen. His TM skill is Equip Heavy Armor, useful for a more squishy character or a healer (think Paladin Armor or Force Armor) He's a solid dude, very useful, but not super flashy yet.

6 Star Firion gets a bunch of Blade Mastery-like skills for most of the weapon types he can equip. If you give him Dual Wield and two different weapon types, he can activate two separate stacking Blade Mastery-type skills.

You think Chorizo can get a high attack value?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes. He can equip everything except robes, heavy shields and heavy armor.

He gets various Drain attacks, as well as Bird, Bug, and Plant killer. Gets Bladeblitz and Regen. His TM skill is Equip Heavy Armor, useful for a more squishy character or a healer (think Paladin Armor or Force Armor) He's a solid dude, very useful, but not super flashy yet.

6 Star Firion gets a bunch of Blade Mastery-like skills for most of the weapon types he can equip. If you give him Dual Wield and two different weapon types, he can activate two separate stacking Blade Mastery-type skills.

You think Chorizo can get a high attack value?

:staredog: Well. I'll definitely be making sure he gets all the love, attention and weapons of mass destruction he can equip once his 6* comes out. I think...I don't need Orlandu or lovely Waifu Fem Cloud Lightning-Sama because I have enough WMD characters as is.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.
For you guys wondering about what characters are good in the future, I would suggest using http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit with google translate.
To see the actual abilities and things they get, use https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

RNG has been good to me and I'm sitting on 26 tickets waiting for FFT and Lightning. Should I even bother with half pulls? Will there be a Cecil banner, possibly around the time he gets his 6*? Cecil and WoL are the only guys I really want right now, but I probably won't roll for just WoL.

I currently have:
Chorizo
ExDeath
Buttz
CoD
Kefka x2
Vaan
Tellah
Lenna x6 (1st world banner problems)
Golbez x3
Celes

If they ever added SMRPG and Crono Trigger characters to the game, it would actually make me consider spending money on this game. I still wouldn't.

e: I have a buncha slots open. Please add me 642,568,857

WarpZealot fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 13, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ I'd be tempted to spend money for the Orlandu or DQMSL banner if/when we get those unless I have a lot of lapis and tickets stockpiled. Currently at 37 tickets and 15.k lapis. Gonna be mighty angry when I don't get Lightning. :v:

Alpha Phoenix posted:

All of that sounds awful, 2 paid app options or making a Facebook account.

If/when I buy a new phone is that the same problem?

Just make a Facebook account for gaming. Setup something like GoonJunkGamingEmail@gmail.com for said account and off you go. Or don't, and risk losing everything if something happens to your phone. :shrug:

Inkel posted:

New featured summon banner coming this Friday.

Lenna, Kefka, CoD, WoL, Cheeze

Thanks to that pair of half price pulls a few days ago I now have 4/5 instead of 2/5 of those units. Not going to bother when Lightning and Tilith are probably in the next month or so.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Pulled a 3* Lenna for my half price pull today. I already have a Lenna though so I'll just smush them together at some point.

Having a pair of staves from two Lenna TMs could be handy in the (distant) future.

Vax posted:

Wait for those banners because you're bound to pull units you want while whaling unless you're crazy lucky and get Lightning/Tilith early on.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

WarpZealot posted:

For you guys wondering about what characters are good in the future, I would suggest using http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit with google translate.
To see the actual abilities and things they get, use https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

RNG has been good to me and I'm sitting on 26 tickets waiting for FFT and Lightning. Should I even bother with half pulls? Will there be a Cecil banner, possibly around the time he gets his 6*? Cecil and WoL are the only guys I really want right now, but I probably won't roll for just WoL.

I currently have:
Chorizo
ExDeath
Buttz
CoD
Kefka x2
Vaan
Tellah
Lenna x6 (1st world banner problems)
Golbez x3
Celes

If they ever added SMRPG and Crono Trigger characters to the game, it would actually make me consider spending money on this game. I still wouldn't.

e: I have a buncha slots open. Please add me 642,568,857
I'm just mad because you got Exdeath. Only FF5 character I still don't have, and this shield I just got from King Mog would look SO nice on him. I just had a run of 1/2 price pulls that went: Leo, Bartz, Krile, Penelo... and I think I'm done with that until Friday. I'll do the half price ones just to see if I can land a CoD since I don't have her yet.

You DO, so I dunno. I guess if you want a WoL? You already have Vaan for fullbreak but he's not futureproof. I wouldn't whale for it but maybe throw some half price pulls at the wall and see if one sticks. I got my second WoL that way during the FF6 banner.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
So uh yeah... mini burst pots here I come? :shrug:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got a Tellah from my half-price pull today, as a dude with not great characters he comes in handy. Now I gotta see if he's gonna replace my Krile or if I just do a hybrid team with Lasswell(or Cyan)/Vaan/Krile/Lenna/Tellah. I really need a better tank tho, good thing I can dump a sweet 10 tickets on this next banner no worries.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Kemix posted:

:staredog: Well. I'll definitely be making sure he gets all the love, attention and weapons of mass destruction he can equip once his 6* comes out. I think...I don't need Orlandu or lovely Waifu Fem Cloud Lightning-Sama because I have enough WMD characters as is.

Take a look at Garfu's Firion. Something like 400 attack with dual wield and barrage. With a cheer, he can take 2* Ifrit down to 30% with a single use of barrage.

e: Showed up in my list of companions so here's Firion God:

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 13, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Evil Fluffy posted:

Having a pair of staves from two Lenna TMs could be handy in the (distant) future.

I'm not using an emulator/macro and I only have one Zidane. The odds of me ever pulling another one and being able to grind that one out too are exceptionally low. I'd rather get Magi Staff 500 battles sooner.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope someone makes a SWARFARM/PADherder for this game. (And KHUX...)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I used my last ticket today...game decided to say "gently caress you" and crashed. Opened it up. 3* Rozelia. I already have one. But hey. Another top tier healer.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

m.hache posted:

I found that popping a Fire/Ice Rod on Terra in Lieu of the Enhancer pushes her MAG up even higher.

Ironically I have the Enhancer on Bartz to push out more ATK.

Terra's an actual hybrid now, is why I've got the Enhancer on her. 192 Attack is perfectly respectable for autoattacking, 200ish MAG is good for anything that isn't a trial boss (which is where I'd use Kefka anyway).

Kemix posted:

The thing is, while Firion can match the two of them in raw attack strength (or even exceed, if you slap a TM'd Dual Wield on him), he kind of lacks in elemental utility, which is something that Orlandu and Lightning both have.

That's not to say he's not top-tier! Just that I still wouldn't be upset if I got one of the Game Breakers, either.

MohShuvuu posted:

Take a look at Garfu's Firion. Something like 400 attack with dual wield and barrage. With a cheer, he can take 2* Ifrit down to 30% with a single use of barrage.

e: Showed up in my list of companions so here's Firion God:

Yeah, that's what you can do with a 5* and Dual Wield. Now consider that exact same equipment/skill setup on the 6*, who gets:
  • A passive skill that gives +30% ATK when equipped with an Axe/Hammer/Spear/Fist
  • A passive skill that gives +20% ATK/DEF when equipped with a Sword/Greatsword/Dagger/Katana
  • ATK +10%/DEF +10%/HP +20% just for shiggles
  • 30 extra base attack just from the evolution stat boost
  • A whole bunch of Killer and Killer+ passives that, afaik, stack with each other

So yeah, with something like Barrage, he positively shits out damage.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Okay game, I think I got enough mages now.

Half off got me Shantotto.

I'm gonna be like those magic hating guys from FF6 aren't I.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I pulled Fencer today and while she might not be future proofed, she amazing right now, with 373 attack without me doing anything crazy like buying premium bundles or TM grinding.

Her group attack Swallowtail one shots trash groups in all current content and her single target attack Piercing Blow does around 20000 damage.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Does anyone have a version of the TM farm Nox script that can handle the Daily Quest box? I can't run it overnight without it tying me up.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

KataraniSword posted:

Terra's an actual hybrid now, is why I've got the Enhancer on her. 192 Attack is perfectly respectable for autoattacking, 200ish MAG is good for anything that isn't a trial boss (which is where I'd use Kefka anyway).

My Terra is starting to near 280ish magic and will have ultima within a week or two. Probably gonna give it to celes for my all mage team. Have her drop a focus then ultima to combo with dual hyperdrive from my kefkas.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KataraniSword posted:

The thing is, while Firion can match the two of them in raw attack strength (or even exceed, if you slap a TM'd Dual Wield on him), he kind of lacks in elemental utility, which is something that Orlandu and Lightning both have.

That's not to say he's not top-tier! Just that I still wouldn't be upset if I got one of the Game Breakers, either.

Yeah, that's what you can do with a 5* and Dual Wield. Now consider that exact same equipment/skill setup on the 6*, who gets:
  • A passive skill that gives +30% ATK when equipped with an Axe/Hammer/Spear/Fist
  • A passive skill that gives +20% ATK/DEF when equipped with a Sword/Greatsword/Dagger/Katana
  • ATK +10%/DEF +10%/HP +20% just for shiggles
  • 30 extra base attack just from the evolution stat boost
  • A whole bunch of Killer and Killer+ passives that, afaik, stack with each other

So yeah, with something like Barrage, he positively shits out damage.

I have two Firions and while I don't use them right now, I'm keeping those fuckers around for a reason.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Finally got around to beating the S5 Frost Dragon! No barrage, either.

Celes and Kefka #1 were pretty useless.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
As a new player with limited funds and mostly poor to mediocre characters, does it make sense to stop doing half priced pulls until this weekend when the really good characters start dropping more frequently? I have none of them.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Mrit posted:

As a new player with limited funds and mostly poor to mediocre characters, does it make sense to stop doing half priced pulls until this weekend when the really good characters start dropping more frequently? I have none of them.

Unless you REALLY want the three units on offer now, it's probably a good idea. Besides, those three? Base rarity of 4*s, that's a 70% chance to whiff right there. At least everyone barring Warrior of Light and Chizuru has a 3* version (And even then, it'll help push 4*+ rates up just a bit), so it's much easier to get those characters. Granted, I feel like the Half-Priced pulls actually have a percentage chance to lean towards shittier characters *coughLaniandShadowcough* or characters that won't be of all that much use. AKA: A majority of the Brave Exvius Originals.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
1/2 gets me see through pants spellblade chick

Ill keep on principle I guess

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Kemix posted:

Granted, I feel like the Half-Priced pulls actually have a percentage chance to lean towards shittier characters *coughLaniandShadowcough* or characters that won't be of all that much use. AKA: A majority of the Brave Exvius Originals.

I don't think so, I've never gotten a Lani, Shadow, Bedile, or any of the other famous lovely characters from the 1/2. Fran, Maria, and Rydia are my most common. I've also gotten Kefka, Celes, Edgar, Locke, Lenna, Tellah, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. The only thing it's skewed toward is 3*characters, and there's a lot of bad ones, so it just seems that way.

Edit: Just got an Anzelm on today's :shrug:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I got shadowned :(

Enraged, I spent two summon tickets: Sabin, Artemios.

I guess I will go without leggy bunny girl. No real loss I suppose.

• Locked thread