Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i have faith in team skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If I can't see Guzma as the new pokemon professor in the inevitable sun 2/moon 2, I'm gonna be pissed.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

If I can't see Guzma as the new pokemon professor in the inevitable sun 2/moon 2, I'm gonna be pissed.

He's gonna be the poison trial captain

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ya boy Guzma will actually be the protagonist in Pokemon Eclipse and, hell, in all future Pokemon games.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Dunban posted:

The roles of the teams are not version dependent.

Emptyquoting for new page

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Zore posted:

I doubt it.

More like Skull is set up to be the bad guy early on while Aether Foundation got your back in some double battles. Like they steal some poo poo, blah blah normal early game Pokemon villainy.

Plot twist, Aether fucks everything up either deliberately or accidently and unleashes UBs on the world. You have to fight them after they take out infrastructure, and Team Skull ends up backing you up and becoming heroes.

So more like Emerald than R/S.

This is the Pokemon Moon I hope I'm buying.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

i have faith in team skull

Same, faith in them to succeed in their crimes and villain-type activities.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

in a freak twist, you don't get to pick your starter. Sun gets litten, moon gets popplio, and everyone has to wait until version three for rowlet.

and then it gets cancelled

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Adder Moray posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that the games have an inverted R/S thing going.

In Sun, Skull are the villains, Expansion is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Skull to make a fortune selling.

In Moon, Aether are the villains, Beauty is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Aether to keep and "protect."

Skull are the villains in both

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
plot twist: you were the villain the whole time

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mandatory lesbian posted:

plot twist: you were the villain the whole time

that already happened in X/Y and D/P/P tho.

retreads are lame.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Same, faith in them to succeed in their crimes and villain-type activities.

i believe they will succeed at whatever they try to do

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cant wait to fight Pokemon League Champion Guzma in Pokemon Moon 2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sharrrk posted:

i believe they will succeed at whatever they try to do

Except for being sea captains.

Since their defining characteristic is failing at that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

i cant wait to fight Pokemon League Champion Guzma in Pokemon Moon 2

It's possible that alola isn't league affiliated and that's why aether set up their seastead there also you earn money putting Pyukumuku back in the water because pokemon centers aren't free there.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Elfgames posted:

It's possible that alola isn't league affiliated and that's why aether set up their seastead there also you earn money putting Pyukumuku back in the water because pokemon centers aren't free there.

Alola isn't league affiliated. There are no gyms for sure and rumor is we're travelling around to set up a new league as part of the plot.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well yeah, I assumed that the game structure is diffrent and the Kahunas are supposed to be like E4, but you fight them over the course of the whole game. I wonder if that means that you can tackle the four islands in any order...

I am also so loving hyped for Pokemon Generations I can hardly believe it myself. The fact we get to see how Blue defeats Lance, Lance battling at the Lake of Rage... I wonder if it's gonna follow a diffrent E4 member or Gym Leader every episode. Well I sure hope we get the best Gym Leader of all time as a star of one of the episodes - can't wait for Crasher Wake :krad:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 13, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I do think it's interesting how the ubs seem to be based on dangerous, invasive species who are multiplying at an alarming rate entirely because of humanity's fault with global warming and stuff

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Kikas posted:

Well yeah, I assumed that the game structure is diffrent and the Kahunas are supposed to be like E4, but you fight them over the course of the whole game. I wonder if that means that you can tackle the four islands in any order...

I doubt that, I'm guessing they aren't going to be doing a lot of level-scaling tech and an easy way to gate progress is just force you to impress a captain by doing X or he won't take you to the next island.

All we really know is that island Guardians are a thing, there's one of each type (Gumshoos and Faticate are the normal guardians in Sun/Moon. New Mantis is the Grass one, Marowack is the Fire one etc) and they probably take the place of 'gyms'. Except you're fighting through wild pokemon and the end is a boss battle against a pokemon with souped up stats who can summon other in the evolutionary relatives in its chain to fight your pokemon multiple vs. 1.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dunban posted:

The roles of the teams are not version dependent.

Fact or opinion?

Because that's what I was originally thinking, but given that we basically know the Ultra Beasts are or are directly related to the blonde trio and that UB-Skull attacks Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-Aether attacks him in Moon, I'm inclined to disagree.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Calaveron posted:

I do think it's interesting how the ubs seem to be based on dangerous, invasive species who are multiplying at an alarming rate entirely because of humanity's fault with global warming and stuff

I' imagining a swarm of beefy mosquitos

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Like Gen 1, after you beat the Elite 4, turns out Guzma is the league champion, except you can't beat him because his dab game too strong.

In the post game you start your new role as a Team Skull grunt.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Adder Moray posted:

Fact or opinion?

Because that's what I was originally thinking, but given that we basically know the Ultra Beasts are or are directly related to the blonde trio and that UB-Skull attacks Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-Aether attacks him in Moon, I'm inclined to disagree.

Uh what? When was that last part said or shown?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

They have a big full page section showing UB-02 in two different forms, one for each game. One takes after the blond lady, and the other takes after team skull's leader.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Corocoro when they confirmed version exclusivity.

Can't see the bottom one well on the serebii scan, but it's confirmed to be the same scene with Beauty instead of Expansion.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Never

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Everyone assuming Expansion is related to tiny Skull twinklord is dumb when it's clearly Aether Rusty Venture hulking out.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I was gonna say they should make a Japanese Knotweed one but apparently it isn't actually a pest in Japan so I guess knot.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

but they should definitely have one that is our friend the Trichosurus vulpecula

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

UB02 Expansion is actually Mega Cutiefly.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Quick question: how do trade evos trades in general work in the virtual console RBY?

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 13, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Same way they did in the old games afaik. You can trade over wifi but local only.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Everyone assuming Expansion is related to tiny Skull twinklord is dumb when it's clearly Aether Rusty Venture hulking out.

Actually its Wicke.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Expansion doesn't resemble any character shown so far.

Also, if the teams were version exclusive, they would've revealed that when they first announced Team Skull.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually its Wicke.

Not powerful or evil enough to be Wicke, who is clearly the dark heart of Aether.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually its Wicke.

Yeah. After all, only female mosquitos feed on blood and Expansion is hulked out on blood.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Dunban posted:

Expansion doesn't resemble any character shown so far.

Also, if the teams were version exclusive, they would've revealed that when they first announced Team Skull.

1st thing: Gladion's color scheme and shoulder/collar spikes.

2nd thing: I didn't say the teams were version exclusive, I said who plays the villains is version exclusive. Like Ruby and Sapphire.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Adder Moray posted:

1st thing: Gladion's color scheme and shoulder/collar spikes

The red on expansion matches default female PC's hat more than gladion's. Chicken-Chan is confirmed villain.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 13, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Adder Moray posted:

1st thing: Gladion's color scheme and shoulder/collar spikes.

2nd thing: I didn't say the teams were version exclusive, I said who plays the villains is version exclusive. Like Ruby and Sapphire.

Those are two very stupid points that are 100% unsupported by any of the media shown so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Through his ineptitude, Guzma unleashes the UBs on the world during a heist gone wrong at the Aether Foundation. Who are Good People and my Friends.