Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

WAR!
Huagh! What is it good for!?
Sacking out of classes!
Sing it again!

this is huh? wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxGij9mAI4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Is this a cultural thing or just really racist?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

w00tmonger posted:

Is this a cultural thing or just really racist?

racist?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

sameand same

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

IF U WANT IT?
IT'S 4 SALE OK
IF U NEED 2 ASK
ASK

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Kenny Logins posted:

mine was more abstract/basic stuff like tragedy of the commons, prisoner's dilemma etc

it was pretty jarring to go from "capitalism doesn't necessarily mean stepping on someone else's neck, maybe possibly if you try hard enough???" to "unfettered capitalism's end game on display for the world" in the same hour

lol
they usually use the tragedy of the commons to justify the stepping on necks bit tbh

in the cultural context of the UK, prejudice (like, actual prejudice) still exists against irish/scottish/welsh people, especially among the upper class
it's probably better described as nationalism and sectarianism but it's still a thing

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

:black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr_RaCM-1ug

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

epipen posted:

in the cultural context of the UK, prejudice (like, actual prejudice) still exists against irish/scottish/welsh people, especially among the upper class
it's probably better described as nationalism and sectarianism but it's still a thing

so chocolate potatoes are saying that irish people are black inside?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

prefect posted:

just like fags are full of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

i have a feeling it's not really as devious as that. at worst it's probably the equivalent of releasing mini (white chocolate) watermelons with chocolate inside stateside or something like that

the same company also released what appears to be (white chocolate) brussels sprouts with chocolate inside fwiw. more likely it's just a tone deaf publicity stunt

i grew up in an irish catholic family and never really got what my parents meant by "new potatoes". nowadays we just buy yellow potatoes which aren't marketed as new or old

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

sick

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

i grew up in an irish catholic family and never really got what my parents meant by "new potatoes". nowadays we just buy yellow potatoes which aren't marketed as new or old

sometime in the last few years, "new potatoes" became a big deal, apparently. i think it just means they're picked before they fully mature

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

new potatoes are young or immature potatoes - they're smaller and have a higher sugar content which means that they rot faster

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
mama mia thats some spicy potatoes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

sometime in the last few years, "new potatoes" became a big deal, apparently. i think it just means they're picked before they fully mature

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

new potatoes are young or immature potatoes - they're smaller and have a higher sugar content which means that they rot faster
back in the day (25+ years ago), in our neck of canada with little consumer choices, my idiot bitch child understanding was that new potatoes were the small firm ones similar to smaller white or yellow potatoes, or else fingerling potatoes now. non-new (old) potatoes were what we'd call baking potatoes now

when i was a kid we didn't even have red potatoes locally and thus they didn't exist. what a world we live in today

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
http://www.factmag.com/2016/09/12/fans-elect-black-metal-legend-fenriz-to-town-council-darkthrone/

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
anyone up for shirtless big narstie with a sawed off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McOiu3GO8aM

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ArmZ posted:

it's hard for me to imagine the kind of hosed up a high school would have to be to make everyone take the asvab

mine was in rural illinois. think for a moment about what job prospects exist in rural illinois

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

enotnert posted:

ugh, our highschool forced all juniors and seniors to take the asvab. . . i asked them why since i couldn't join the military (diabeetus) they were like "well in the future you may be able to"

recruiters still call me to this day, 16. . . 17 years later and I just go "don't y'all mark down somewhere this guy has diabetes and is not allowed to join somewhere? Are y'all really that hard up for recruits? I mean poo poo I know one of my friends kids graduating class just had like 30% of the graduates enlist. . . the gently caress man"
they don't, because like six months after i'd joined the air force i got a flyer from an air force recruiter redirected from my home address to my on-base address. they don't know poo poo.

https://twitter.com/pillowfort/status/775592974621171712

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

anyone up for shirtless big narstie with a sawed off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McOiu3GO8aM
oi a chav nicked me lock stock and the tig old bitties gone sideways, weren't i

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

anthonypants posted:

they don't, because like six months after i'd joined the air force i got a flyer from an air force recruiter redirected from my home address to my on-base address. they don't know poo poo.

https://twitter.com/pillowfort/status/775592974621171712

lomarf @ both

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

bullshit. nobody can defeat big boss

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

rtj owns

this owns too

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

i used to have one of those phones!

i gave it to my grandmother after smartphones were a thing, and she learned to text on it.

RIP sms grandma

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the business ethics class I took a while ago was all about how and when to screw over your employer and come out ahead

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

do we know his five favorite fruits?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Dillbag posted:

not a mil goon here by any means, but the quote i hear often is "i wouldn't give up the experience for anything but i would never have joined if i knew what it was going to be like" or something to that effect

this

you make lifetime friends but for the most part it is slave work in the worst sense. if you enjoy long periods of standing still, cleaning floors and equipment, digging and landscape-like work, reading documentation written by a robotic moron and writing your own in the same style, doing laundry and waiting patiently then it's the life for you. it's boring and unfulfilling...just ask yourself why so many people get out after being so close to paid retirement because they are in a mental crisis and need a real purpose

just look at rob o'neill (the SEAL that shot bin laden) who got out at 16 years in....prob the biggest superstar in the military with a job in the "coolest" (seal team 6) job just quit with no job lined up and zero job skills other than slaughtering other humans

it's ideal for those people that are in shape and are not particularly smart, good at any one thing and have no ambition

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
surely it should be his penultimate quest, what happened to the second coming

fuckin vapourware sequels

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

nice hint of a yarmulke

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

he needs to mackle less

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpY3ggKAPIE

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

brb gonna fly my expensive drone over a loving pool.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
http://i.imgur.com/1d8oV3v.mp4

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

why aren't they showing the amazing recovery where the guy shakes his foot

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Did Will Laren write this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWkLDFZ2dpc

:pwn:

• Locked thread