Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Passwordstate. Free up to 5 (?) users and self hosted. Works excellent. AD integration with users and pcs, logs and can report literally every action, and a bunch of other fancy features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Teams and Family are (as far as I can tell) the same product, just packaged and priced slightly differently. Intended for business and personal use, respectively. They're both hosted solutions.

I use the personal version only but my impression from the web site was that 1password teams can also do locally hosted.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Passwordstate. Free up to 5 (?) users and self hosted. Works excellent. AD integration with users and pcs, logs and can report literally every action, and a bunch of other fancy features.

Now this sounds and looks good.

Their support is a little concerning since they are in Australia and no international numbers... Have you ever had to work with their support?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Have you ever had to work with their support?

this is the best question regarding any vendor.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SneakyFrog posted:

this is the best question regarding any vendor.

Yeah and, to change topics, it's what's keeping me from working 100% with Ubiquiti. I put them in a few places and they pretty much Just Work™ but I've never had to call support. I hear their support is nonexistent/sucks - and I believe it based on my experience with the sales team. Other MSPs I've talked to say "oh we just buy a ton of the WAPs on amazon and if something goes wrong we just swap it out" ehhhh

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's what we do and it works just fine. Their email support is actually fantastic, but I'm not sure about getting someone on the phone.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Hi peeps. Anyone up for a SalesForce question?

I've inherited an instance that has about 400k contacts. One of the contact items is a checkbox for 'newsletter'. I'm trying to report on this to determine how many users currently have that box checked (it can be un/ticked in their profiles).

If I download a csv dump of all contacts, it shows around 265k. But if I set up a report, it shows a varying number based on what criteria I choose for the contact (created date, blah blah). The number is always different than the csv results though.

The problem, so far as I can tell, is that the report is counting based on actions that impact the checkbox. For instance, there are a few places where users can check the box and it feeds back to SF. So the report - even though I am calling only for 'box = true' - shows me every action, thus creating duplicates. See the attached screenshot.

I'm not sure what I am missing here. Any thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

carlcarlson
Jun 20, 2008
What type of report are you running? I can't see from your screenshot, so it looks like maybe you're not running a contact report. Contact report should only return contacts, not individual actions, so there shouldn't be any duplicates (assuming you don't already have duplicate contacts).

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
It was indeed 'organizations with actions and contacts'. I found it shortly after - good call though, thank you!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

pipebomb posted:

It was indeed 'organizations with actions and contacts'. I found it shortly after - good call though, thank you!

is it the professional edition or enterprise just out of morbid curiosity?

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Now this sounds and looks good.

Their support is a little concerning since they are in Australia and no international numbers... Have you ever had to work with their support?

I've only ever ran into one issue with the software in my year of using it, and the resolution for the issue (a bug in a recent patch which stopped the IIS site from starting properly) had already been posted on the website when I emailed support.

It looks like 24/7 support is available for a price: https://www.clickstudios.com.au/support-agreement.html

I used thycotic at my old job and the UI in passwordstate is a million times better.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

In PRTG there's RMON and SNMP monitoring setup for every switch port etc

Do I need both of those enabled? What's the difference? I'm just wondering if I can get away with disabling half of them to free up some sensors.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

RMON is SNMP protocol extended to provide extra info about switchports. I would use rmon for networking gear that supports it.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Potato Salad posted:

RMON is SNMP protocol extended to provide extra info about switchports. I would use rmon for networking gear that supports it.

In place of snmp, right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bob Morales posted:

In place of snmp, right?

PRTG has a piece on this. https://www.paessler.com/blog/2014/08/21/sensors-of-the-week/prtg-snmp-rmon-sensor-monitor-traffic-data-of-ports

You can think of RMON as extra SNMP MIBs that lots of manufacturers include in their switch OS implementations. RMON data is queried by SNMP. So, bottom line question for you is:
1) Test RMON sensor on Switch X
2) Did it give me more data that I like than the SNMP network interface sensor? Keep it. Keep whichever sensor has the data you want.

e- and if you're tight on sensors, the single RMON sensor is bloody fantastic as it out-of-the-box includes many channels packed into one sensor seat counting against your licensed sensor count. One of the biggest selling points of PRTG to me is that they don't intentionally try to gently caress you on sensor seat counts: they release tons of sensors with dozens and dozens of channels all wrapped-up into one seat. Some other monitoring solutions I've used in the past really try to make every poll-able piece of data count against you.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 22, 2016

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round
Do any of you have experience of the Ubiquiti 'Edge' routers ? and if so, are they any good ?

We would be using them for installs with leased lines, where we would normally use a Draytek.

I like the access points they do and I have a 'Unifi Security' router here that is also pretty good, but just wondering the the Edge gear is worth a look.

One thing that I like about the Drayteks is the built in VPN stuff which I use a lot to connect to customers sites to admin phone systems etc. The Ubiquiti VPN setup appears to need a RADIUS server to authenticate against, which isn't something out customer base is likely to have lying around.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They are really powerful and can do pretty much anything you'd want them to - including stuff like VRRP, VRF (coming soon), dynamic routing etc. But they are a totally different use model to a DrayTek - no DSL modems built in, no USB port for a 3G dongle and things like that. The DrayTek units have their central management server as well which you might use if you're an MSP.

It really depends on how good the team that are supporting these things are, and whether you just resell the connections or have a management VLAN provisioned alongside the Internet connectivity.

spiny
May 20, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

They are really powerful and can do pretty much anything you'd want them to - including stuff like VRRP, VRF (coming soon), dynamic routing etc. But they are a totally different use model to a DrayTek - no DSL modems built in, no USB port for a 3G dongle and things like that. The DrayTek units have their central management server as well which you might use if you're an MSP.

It really depends on how good the team that are supporting these things are, and whether you just resell the connections or have a management VLAN provisioned alongside the Internet connectivity.

we resell the leased line, but look after the 'customer' hardware, eg

Virgin would put in a line, fit the fibre converter then send me a Cisco, I'd ring their NOC to liven it up, then connect a router to that. Virgin look after everything up to the Cisco, we look after everything after that. At the mo we use Drayteks, but the Ubiquiti stuf looks interesting too.

They are cheap enough, I may just get one and test it and see how I go :)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Virgin can give you ~1Mbps of private connectivity on each of the connections you resell then you can make yourself a management interface on the Ubiquiti routers to make up for the lack of central management. Alternatively you can enable management from the WAN side and just restrict it to your office.

They are text-based configurations so easy enough to template and write scripts to configure the WAN and LAN addresses for each deployment and then have a common set of config for default firewall rules, QoS settings etc.

spiny
May 20, 2004

neat :) I'll flex the company credit card and have a play.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get the Lite rather than the X or SFP if you want a small box for testing. It runs the same software but the console port is really handy if you gently caress up because you won't have to start over each time.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Today is a good day;
- I retrieved our remote desktop CALs from a black hole, this allowed us to move a licensing server and also add them to our VLSC
- Finally found where local EFI Printer Templates are stored, so they can now be copied around rather than people spending a million hours trying to recreate them by hand
- Got my Rocket.Chat instance properly working with LDAP, it's just something I've been loving around with but its awesome

The office is practically a skeleton crew with nothing going on, so unless the comms rooms goes up in flames we're on cruise control for cool.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Does anyone have a link to a generic boilerplate 'the dangers of BYOD' document? I just want to be able to give my clients something that says "we can't control this poo poo" and make them sign off on it

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
No because BYOD is actually awesome. what are you worried about?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
User Meraki or pay for AirWatch and let people use their own phone/do what they want. BYOD owns.

I'm trying to get my boss to get rid of the company cell phone bullshit and just subsidize people's data because paying for employee phones is dumb as gently caress.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

BYOD can also apply to laptops and the like, which can be more problematic as the line starts to blur between "what IT supports, what the user is responsible for." It's not exactly an unfounded fear. If he works for an MSP, that makes the issue even more sticky.

I'm a Citrix guy, so I've been dealing with BYOD for what seems like my entire career. It's great not to have to deal with cell phone contracts or broken devices, but from a management point of view, you have to have some sort of policy otherwise people are going to walk all over your IT department.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
If you're an MSP you either don't support it because it's not in your contract (lol if it's some stupid blanket thing) or you charge their rear end off for MDM.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Sorry, I'm not supporting your lovely off-brand device on lovely MVO provider.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bob Morales posted:

Sorry, I'm not supporting your lovely off-brand device on lovely MVO provider.

:same:

Not even sorry.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If the trade off means that I don't have to run to the Verizon store every time a spoiled manchild throws a device, I'm willing to deal with it to some degree. Does your phone support ActiveSync? Does it sync on our wifi? Anything else is your problem.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Internet Explorer posted:

If the trade off means that I don't have to run to the Verizon store every time a spoiled manchild throws a device, I'm willing to deal with it to some degree. Does your phone support ActiveSync? Does it sync on our wifi? Anything else is your problem.

Yep. That's what I do.

I love how the iPhone 7 gets announce and MYSTERIOUSLY everyone on the company plan is having audio issues and needs a new phone and iPhone 7 please.

Nah son, we always trail one model behind.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh they can pick from pre-approved devices and yeah a model behind lest oh gasp "my phone broke"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Block ActiveSync except to the Outlook app, enforce policies in the Office 365 apps to ensure content can only move around between those apps. Call it a day. No we don't support your iCloud account.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I have run into a odd issue it seems Microsoft updated there Outlook for iOS app, to version 2.0. This trigger my office 365 security polices to quarantine the device because it was creating a new connection. For some reason I can't grant the device access though the office 365 admin protals. If I do it though exchange it just kinda fails and pages reloads. If I go though Mobile Device Details the allow and block buttons are disabled and greyed out.

Violator
May 15, 2003

What's the best solution for running 3-5 email addresses on a custom domain that has push mail and support for Apple Mail (desktop), Apple Mail (iOS), Outlook (Windows), and Android? I'm currently running one of those old free Google Apps accounts (that I don't think they offer any more) for basic email usage for a few team members.

I installed Outlook for iOS and route my Google mail accounts through that to get push notifications on iOS devices. But I'd really like to get push mail working with the native clients. It looks like I can pay like $5 a month per user with Google Apps for Work, but their support pages make it look like it really only supports IMAP on iOS. Should I investigate a 3rd party Exchange service? I was looking at Fastmail, but they look like IMAP only for native apps.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What the heck is push mail?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Fudge posted:

What the heck is push mail?

Maybe my terminology is wrong, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_email

where the email is sent to the devices instead of checking for new mail like every 15 minutes.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Oh. Office 365 then. Not sure about push mail or whatever but it delivers email to your email client in real time even if it's a phone. Just make sure they're configured as Exchange accounts.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well now I feel old. :smithfrog:

push email used to be a big deal, now its pretty commonplace.

If you want low maintenance office 365 is pretty decent for low user count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah grandpa these days we just call that "e-mail"