Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
"chocolate" gravy, right. That looks like microwaved Hershey's syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The floor is lava!

Bonus sister thread in gbs with chocolate filled potatoes http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790000

EorayMel has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Sep 13, 2016

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

perfect

PYF AFP, heute auf Deutsch:

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

"chocolate" gravy, right. That looks like microwaved Hershey's syrup.

Nah it's a weeks worth of chew spit boiled down, gives it a nice smokey flavor

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

perfect

PYF AFP, heute auf Deutsch:

Das ist noch nicht mal Currywurst, was soll das?! :mad:

Let me show you the crazy variety of traditional westphalian cooking:

Schlabberkappes

Spanisch Fricco

Stippgrütze

why

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

rotoscoped posted:

Schlabberkappes

Never before have I ever seen a word so perfectly match an image. It's like the sound I would make trying to spit it out after an experimental bite.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How anyone can think that "well done" is the only temp for a steak is distressing on the highest level.

That said person also never eats steak without sauce is understandable. When you kill meat like that, it just tastes like salt and sadness.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So from what wikipedia tells me, pease pudding/porridge is basically split pea soup (legumes + stock + some hunk of pig), but much thicker? I could get down with that.

More or less. The simplest way to do it is just wrapping the peas in damp cheesecloth as they boil for a few hours and straining out the excess water, resulting in concentrated split peaness you can season how you like with seasonings and herbs and garlic and such. But of course, you can get much more involved, cooking it in vegetable stock with other things, or whatever.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Sep 13, 2016

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Tiberius Thyben posted:

concentrated split peaness

:v:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tiberius Thyben posted:

More or less. The simplest way to do it is just wrapping the peas in damp cheesecloth as they boil for a few hours and straining out the excess water, resulting in concentrated split peaness you can season how you like with seasonings and herbs and garlic and such. But of course, you can get much more involved, cooking it in vegetable stock with other things, or whatever.

I'm imagining this in Orson Wells voice.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Pastry of the Year posted:

sweet potatoes

by god I'll make someone finally admit to Pizza Rules

edit:

mods

Unless that is a Bar-S sausage, loving would. (Bar-S is the cheapest rankest hot dogs and sausages you can buy. Their hot dogs usually go for 50 cents a pack at the winco)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FetusSlapper posted:

Unless that is a Bar-S sausage, loving would. (Bar-S is the cheapest rankest hot dogs and sausages you can buy. Their hot dogs usually go for 50 cents a pack at the winco)

Have the most bone fragments of any hotdogs and sausages on the market!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Never thought to add pepperoni to my pumpkin pie but maybe it's worth a shot.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FetusSlapper posted:

(Bar-S is the cheapest rankest hot dogs and sausages you can buy. Their hot dogs usually go for 50 cents a pack at the winco)

:barf: Goddrat those things are awful.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Snouts and assholes.

Fake edit: Furry food?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Never thought to add pepperoni to my pumpkin pie but maybe it's worth a shot.

That's the schoolest looking lunch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nuevo posted:

Wait, what? Folding a slice down the center is pretentious now?

I just do it to eat a larger slice one-handed. :confused:

pretentious = something that i don't do

I know i've posted them before but the Rutt's Hut ripper is the perfect example of "looks horrifying, tastes amazing."

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

pretentious = something that i don't do

I know i've posted them before but the Rutt's Hut ripper is the perfect example of "looks horrifying, tastes amazing."

The sausage looks fine. Nice a hard grilled.

The bun, though, looks cold and fresh from a bag. What kind of monster eats a raw bun

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is the way frankfurters / wieners are menat to be eaten. Steamed, with a bread roll on the side and some mustard.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

This is the way frankfurters / wieners are menat to be eaten. Steamed, with a bread roll on the side and some mustard.

You will wake my sausage-in-bun-currywurst from my cold dead hands

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress yes. Those thick sausages are fit to bursting, just need a single touch.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I was buying them as super cheap protein to make up for my mostly rice and canned tomato diet for a while years back. I'm pretty sure they gave me gout, or some other toe based pain that went away when I switched to beans and eggs for my main sources of protein. If the amount of condiments on your hot dog outweighs the hot dog, you're either in Chicago or you need to buy better hot dogs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Well if you think that's how you think they're menat to be eaten and you like them that way, then more power to you.

cash crab posted:

That was almost two pages with barely any content. I'm impressed.

Aww man. We failed the thread and cash crab.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/4EkI8nC.jpg :nws:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Probably would, then would regret

Edit: less appetizing once I realized it was a reference to Violet's character from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Ew.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Is that a bucket of borscht, shortly followed by a borscht jello mould????

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On topic of that butterdog;

Wasn't that something back from Fat Goons Says? Like, shove enough country crock into a hot-dog roll to kill a cow, make six of them, and nuke them for fifteen seconds so it's just starting to melt?

that still makes me dry heave

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Please stay out of my house.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Taters & corn, a Midwest staple. I love it
That looks more like grits with loose corn to me. Google image search claims is it is in fact corn meal, so I'm claiming that as a win:
http://jroinafrica.blogspot.com/2010/10/food.html

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

ulmont posted:

That looks more like grits with loose corn to me. Google image search claims is it is in fact corn meal, so I'm claiming that as a win:

With my keen knowledge of cheap tv dinners(brought to you by banquet) I know that weirdly watery mashed potatoes and loose corn mix quite well. Yes, I was a latchkey kid, why do you ask?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ulmont posted:

Grits is a type of corn meal so yeah, that's loose corn in ground up corn.

Serve it with spicy sausage and I totally would.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Aww yeah, gimme some of those burnt fuckable ham pastries.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

It like Hannibal Lecter decided to throw an inappropriately racist theme party.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I'll throw in another testimony against those Bar-S dogs. Never had a hotdog before that that had not only gristle, but grit. Add to them generic vegetable oil "cheese" slices that solidify in the microwave, and you have dinner in heaven. If heaven for you is under a bridge.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

NotAnArtist posted:

Probably would, then would regret

Edit: less appetizing once I realized it was a reference to Violet's character from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Ew.

I'm confused by the insistence of using prime wagyu/kobe beef for a burger patty. You aren't going to notice the texture once its ground up, and you can adjust the fat content up or down for juiciness pretty much at a whim without needing kobe for it. Such a waste.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

"spaghetti, sugar, and ranch sandwich"

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Hot-dog Flavored Water

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Dienes posted:

I'm confused by the insistence of using prime wagyu/kobe beef for a burger patty. You aren't going to notice the texture once its ground up, and you can adjust the fat content up or down for juiciness pretty much at a whim without needing kobe for it. Such a waste.

It's expensive, so it must be better!

They don't care about why wagyu/kobe beef is famous, they just know that it is, so whatever they use it for automatically becomes fancier.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I'll throw in another testimony against those Bar-S dogs. Never had a hotdog before that that had not only gristle, but grit. Add to them generic vegetable oil "cheese" slices that solidify in the microwave, and you have dinner in heaven. If heaven for you is under a bridge.

Bar-S is the brand that had the guy stuck in the machine while trying to clean it like 5 years ago, so ever since I've referred to them as cannibal dogs. Mostly because at their price point I don't see them bothering to re-clean the machine that the guy who was cleaning the machine already sorta did. http://newsok.com/article/3585531

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jeet christ of course they are, because who else would be? Ugh, and I really wouldn't put it past the company to include accidental human meat in their products.

...like a animal you piece of poo poo.

root beer has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Sep 14, 2016