Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

sleeptalker posted:

DDoSing is bad.

Not when it might give NiP another chance at the pistol round it isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkdmu2M7qFo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
gently caress

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Tight loving game so far

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

gently caress yeah

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
:sweden: gently caress YES :sweden:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so apparently all NIP needed was maikelele back

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I wake up in time to see G2 drop the ball.

gently caress. :negative:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I wake up in time to see G2 drop the ball.

gently caress. :negative:

You really need to stop rooting for G2/Faze bro.

Just be like me. Root for SK/LG all the time and the American teams when they're not playing SK or NIP.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 11, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

You really need to stop rooting for G2/Faze bro.
Excuse you, I root for G2, FaZe, AND Astralis. :colbert:

Lord help me. :negative:

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

wake up

see dignitas lost

see nip won

checks current year

:yotj:

congrats swedes but too bad we cant post the traditional shaguar vid for when nip chokes

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

saw this thought it might amuse

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
^ lmao

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

the correct question is at what rank is it okay to listen to your teammates, and that's usually about when you get out of gold novas bare minimum. Even down in silvers you'll still constantly get Those Guys who constantly drone on into the mic about their retarded strats that never work

Fair enough, but at least those people are talking. The matches I've played so far have been people typing a or b at the beginning of CT side, the rare callout once every 5 rounds, and the rest of the time it's just silence. Are any goons as bad as me (GN) or do I have to get good before I can have a chance to play with people that have mics?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

WhatDo posted:

Fair enough, but at least those people are talking. The matches I've played so far have been people typing a or b at the beginning of CT side, the rare callout once every 5 rounds, and the rest of the time it's just silence. Are any goons as bad as me (GN) or do I have to get good before I can have a chance to play with people that have mics?

Are you playing with or without prime matchmaking? Since Prime I've literally had a single game that didn't go well. All other games we have comms and callouts. Even if you get an idiot just mute him and talk like you did before.

If your team isn't communicating at all just start calling dumb fun strats like around the world and get people to loosen up.

e: I was DMG before I quit 2ish months ago. And the comms are just as good at MG1. People seem way more chill with Prime.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Goofballs posted:

saw this thought it might amuse

drat it's like every call I make

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The drop me avp in a thick polish accent is very familiar to me but the are you loving serious no one is watching mid push from lower tunnels is something I end up saying a bunch when I have some dickhead mute awping in spawn with the tragedy being I only know he's a dickhead mute after they push.

To go back to the talking topic above you get total mutes and ragers on 19th century phones up to lem and supreme, maybe they have modern equipment apart from the wallhacks in global but I don't know yet. If you want people who give a poo poo on modern computers you have to pay a monthly subscription to esea or maybe faceit.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 12, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Dunno if it's Prime or the fact that I'm queuing with my brother or what, but I've been having a lot of fun in the lowish MM matches the system put me in. Pretty much everyone has been talking English and being nice. A stark contrast to when I tried MM before. Not trying to say that it's is super coordinated or anything, but at least people are trying.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Smol posted:

Dunno if it's Prime or the fact that I'm queuing with my brother or what, but I've been having a lot of fun in the lowish MM matches the system put me in. Pretty much everyone has been talking English and being nice. A stark contrast to when I tried MM before. Not trying to say that it's is super coordinated or anything, but at least people are trying.

Prime has made a huge difference. I used to get someone throwing the game or griefing, every other match, and it hasn't happened since prime.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
last week ive played nothing but non prime games on my alt cause my irl friend has a friend queuing with us and he doesnt have the required exp level

only truly went "gently caress this nonsense" in two or three games, and even then, it wasnt all that different from playing against a guy having a good day at eagle 2. but this is mg2 on my alt, so

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

fennesz posted:

Are you playing with or without prime matchmaking? Since Prime I've literally had a single game that didn't go well. All other games we have comms and callouts. Even if you get an idiot just mute him and talk like you did before.

If your team isn't communicating at all just start calling dumb fun strats like around the world and get people to loosen up.

e: I was DMG before I quit 2ish months ago. And the comms are just as good at MG1. People seem way more chill with Prime.

I had to check, but prime is on and set to exclusively prime. The dumb fun strats doesn't seem like a bad idea but I've been out of the game too long to feel comfortable calling any strats, I barely remember the smokes I used to use. I'll just have to bite the bullet and solo queue some more one of these days and find some people who want to queue together again after a good match.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
clutched a 1v4 to win the game
is there anything better

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

WhatDo posted:

I had to check, but prime is on and set to exclusively prime. The dumb fun strats doesn't seem like a bad idea but I've been out of the game too long to feel comfortable calling any strats, I barely remember the smokes I used to use. I'll just have to bite the bullet and solo queue some more one of these days and find some people who want to queue together again after a good match.

losing cool people you used to queue with to the sands of time is kind of sad

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

clutched a 1v4 to win the game
is there anything better
Clutching a 1v5 to win the game.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

WhatDo posted:

Just pick two or three maps and play those until you're familiar with them. Learning smokes helps but honestly just learning how the map flows and predicting enemy movements helps too.

I also have a "default" for each T side. For Mirage I go B apts, underhand flash underpass (which happens to perfectly pop flash any CT's rushing if you let go at the top of the stairs) and help mid if someone is working it. If not you can help out mid if someone is fighting, you can lurk up under window/into connector or you can float back to apts and make noise or try to get a pick. Obviously just an example but getting comfortable with doing something besides "rush B" can help you not only learn maps but also block out some basic strats that can open up eco rounds and turn them into wins. As you develop more "defaults" it helps you figure out what T's will be doing while you're playing CT. At least this is how I've gotten better. My aim loving sucks dick so I have to rely on out thinking someone, pop flashing or getting lucky.

Somewhat related: my new favorite thing to do on Mirage T eco's is to smoke off mid so you can get out to boxes, pop flash the smoke and just sprint up cat. If someone is connector you're hosed but window is usually too slow to catch you and more often than not you can catch the guy on cat holding a nade or watching apts. Do not try with Actually Good Players :D

fennesz fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 13, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

symbolic posted:

Clutching a 1v5 to win the game.

finishing with a knife

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dex_sda posted:

finishing with a knife

But enough about your snuff fetish

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

ArfJason posted:

losing cool people you used to queue with to the sands of time is kind of sad
Luckily the cool people I used to queue with aren't lost in that it was mostly real life friends and I still talk with them, they just don't play CS anymore. But ya, not having anyone that's down to queue saps the motivation to play.

fennesz posted:

Lots of good advice
Ya, I'll have to work on that, just need to get over the initial speed bump of clicking play, looking at my friends list for someone to invite, then exiting out the game. Once I actually get in a game it's not too bad.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

please do not dox me

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Dork457 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2zhVmC86Q

It's rare that I run up against this blatant of a hacker. Good news, he's in 4 SA goon steam groups!

ColoradoCleric posted:

me and my buddy play a lot and also talk on skype, add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961634234/

:mmmhmm:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Oh nice, it's been a while since the last goon got banned

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh nice, it's been a while since the last goon got banned

He's posted in these threads a couple of times and apparently tried out goonmans ages ago according to Turk, so he's not really active in the community. We ran across this guy in matchmaking completely by accident and only noticed after the fact the 8 or so SA Steam groups.

But yeah, another one bites the dust.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

12 year account with a fresh vac lol. Did any expensive skins go down the drain? Bad things happening to lovely people make me happy.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 13, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Get domed kid

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It's ok it was in Call of Duty / a crosshair overlay / a family member using their account.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
But mine actually was a crosshair overlay :(

....with cheat engine

....in a dead game

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Awww man now I really want to post those lecherous Akumos videos.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
don't post akumos

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
post akumos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006