Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its ok though, i'm getting the cat plush and messenger bag edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just go read about how Sho steals a Chaos Emerald and everyone mistakes him for P5MC

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

its ok though, i'm getting the cat plush and messenger bag edition

Even though I told myself that it was a bullshit ripoff like all Collector's Editions of games, same :v:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Minidust posted:

Are the puzzles similar in style to GoL at least? I've got a lot riding on Osiris, as it's basically how I'm gonna justify my PS4 purchase to my wife. It better deliver dammit!!

it's a fun co-op game and I haven't played GoL, but the puzzles scale in difficulty based on how many people are playing, and there are a lot of challenges and stuff to do in each level, so it's definitely worth it. I got it with PS+, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if I'd have paid for it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

axleblaze posted:

Even though I told myself that it was a bullshit ripoff like all Collector's Editions of games, same :v:

I really want the soundtrack CD, but can't justify owning the rest. At least regular pre-orders get the steelbook case.

Behemuff
Sep 23, 2010

but the eyes - never!
Is there a consensus on the best bluetooth headset? Been using an old one with aux cable but its died, so I want to move to wireless. The official ones seem pretty steep for a headset... are they worth it? I'm not a super hardcore gamer so I don't really need perfect quality.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Liver Disaster posted:

You know how some people like doing new game +++++ in souls games? Bloodborne is like doing that grind, but as the base game
huh?

the camera can be a battle at times though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

You know how some people like doing new game +++++ in souls games? Bloodborne is like doing that grind, but as the base game.

I seriously can not figure out what you mean by this.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean grinding for blood vials is kind of a passion on the rear end

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the blood vial grind is highly overstated imo. i rarely had to think about it.

i guess it might suck more if you hit brick walls at every boss but honestly most of the required bosses in the base game are pretty easy, relatively.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ramagamma posted:

I mean grinding for blood vials is kind of a passion on the rear end

That was annoying at launch but once they upped the caps it basically became something you had to try to run out of. Estus Flasks are better as a concept but you shouldn't need to grind ten billion levels or whatever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i don't think i ever grinded in bloodborne, altho i did get lost a few times and end up with a ton of stuff for it

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Behemuff posted:

Is there a consensus on the best bluetooth headset? Been using an old one with aux cable but its died, so I want to move to wireless. The official ones seem pretty steep for a headset... are they worth it? I'm not a super hardcore gamer so I don't really need perfect quality.

The platinum headset is new and expensive. The next level down, the gold, is lighter on the price and usually goes on sale and it's pretty good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The platinum headset is new and expensive. The next level down, the gold, is lighter on the price and usually goes on sale and it's pretty good.

Platinum is not out yet (Nov 7).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SweetBro posted:

So does anyone know when Persona 5 is released in PST?
between time zones I think it's more useful to talk about number of hours away rather than time of day.

edit: is there some way to change the display order of folders (the folders themselves, not the contents) that I am missing?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've only played the DX version but i really like the amount of tracks that the new pacman has compared to that one.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Real hurthling! posted:

if you play divinity coop can player2 drop in/out whenever they want or is it then coop the whole way through? i only played sp on pc

i'd play a platnum musou no problem

They can jump in whenever. They take control of your second character, and you can just assign them other characters to control on the fly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

between time zones I think it's more useful to talk about number of hours away rather than time of day.

edit: is there some way to change the display order of folders (the folders themselves, not the contents) that I am missing?

Hey, at least you won't be at work for 7 hours when that ends. :smith:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

My Bloodborne experience through like fifty hours on two characters has been clumsy camera, massive hit boxes on enemy weapons, and having to literally count off the timing to parry stuff as simple as gascoigne, which makes me wonder if I need to reinstall BB on my ps4 or something. Meanwhile Demons-DKS3 I end up running around in pants punching things to death and not getting hit by things that visibly missed me.
basically, everyone treats it like the second coming so mine must just be broken

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, at least you won't be at work for 7 hours when that ends. :smith:
I'll be pretty tired and knowing I have a lot of work to do in the morning though. Also two days after I'm going off to Beijing.

Speaking of which I assume I can't access the forums from over there but dunno how to check for sure. I guess I'll find out when I go.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the hitboxes in bloodborne are insanely good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i tried to play ds2 again the other day after a lot of bb and quit in disgust after 10 minutes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

My Bloodborne experience through like fifty hours on two characters has been clumsy camera, massive hit boxes on enemy weapons, and having to literally count off the timing to parry stuff as simple as gascoigne, which makes me wonder if I need to reinstall BB on my ps4 or something. Meanwhile Demons-DKS3 I end up running around in pants punching things to death and not getting hit by things that visibly missed me.
basically, everyone treats it like the second coming so mine must just be broken

Gascoigne is so easy to parry that my father, who is rapidly aging and not comfortable with those sorts of games, can beat him. Your game may be legitimately glitched or something if you're having that much trouble.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I died at least twenty times to Gascoigne? I mean, I must have because I felt pretty good about having mastered getting across the bridge after having to do it so often

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sorry bit late to headset chat, phone posting. Headsets really come down to how much you wanna spend. $50-$300

There's hella options coming out here real soon. I'm kind of a dork with headsets cause I gotta have my wireless :retrogames:

Astro releasing their new version of their A50s $300 (keeping the same name)

Turtle Beach is releasing a bunch of different variations of the "Stealth" (I know comedy option)

PS platinum headset

Steelseries h has been out for a bit. $300 comes with two batteries so you can hot swap while one charges

I went ahead and got the LS30 that's stereo ($150) to try out. They also have an LS20 that's cheaper. LS is a new headset line that just premiered at E3 called lucidsound. They make good stuff. They're supposed to be releasing the LS40 that's gonna have the virtual surround and all that jazz. So I might pick that up. It's supposed to come out this month or next but I don't see any updated infozTheir whole deal is making a header that isn't gaudy as gently caress.

Curious to see how the platinum one is though

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 14, 2016

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Don't buy Turtle Beach. Their build quality is nonexistent this generation. I had two stealth 500xp or whatever they are called break in the exact same spot simply putting them on my head.

I got the golds in place but am thinking of returning them now as the connection drops out every 5 minutes and just going back to a wired headset

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Liver Disaster posted:

Different strokes for different folks. I got bored of all the Souls games and Bloodborne after getting moderately through them. No, your game is not broken. It is ok to not be interested.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Puddin posted:

Don't buy Turtle Beach. Their build quality is nonexistent this generation. I had two stealth 500xp or whatever they are called break in the exact same spot simply putting them on my head.

I got the golds in place but am thinking of returning them now as the connection drops out every 5 minutes and just going back to a wired headset
I used a Stealth 400 for a few years without incident. I liked it because it's the cheapest one that had an optical input. I just sold it a while ago after buying some decent wired headphones...but sometimes I think about going back to wireless.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I plugged wired headphones into the controller, that's basically wireless unless you're doing something crazy while playing PS4 games

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So uh... I haven't turned on my PS4 in a few weeks and when I hit the power button on my PS4, it beeps once, flashes blue, then doesn't turn on. How do I fix this?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hold the power button? unplug it for a little while and try again? smack it?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Awesome! posted:

hold the power button? unplug it for a little while and try again? smack it?

I've tried all of those things and they didn't work!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

System software 4.0 includes a PS4 migration tool. Isn't that something people have been wanting for years now?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I've tried all of those things and they didn't work!

you held power for like 10 seconds and still got no beeps or anything?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Awesome! posted:

you held power for like 10 seconds and still got no beeps or anything?

nope

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

if you have a ps4 but not bloodborne you hosed up.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uhh did the update allow you to play straight off the disc like a 360? I put in Bioshock collection and it's letting me play right away and making disc read noises that I've never heard before.

Or am I about to be ps4-less until the pro comes out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

System software 4.0 includes a PS4 migration tool. Isn't that something people have been wanting for years now?

Ya cause if you went digital downloading it all over again was the alternative lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not looking good. i would make double sure the outlet and everything was working before declaring it dead and calling sony. maybe even move it to another room just to see if its a ghost loving with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Uhh did the update allow you to play straight off the disc like a 360? I put in Bioshock collection and it's letting me play right away and making disc read noises that I've never heard before.

Or am I about to be ps4-less until the pro comes out
IDK about Bioshock, but some games let you play at least a part of the game while it installs.

• Locked thread