Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jameis Winston a rapist?
Yes
Of course
Absolutely
Definitely
View Results

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MechaFrogzilla posted:

6-3 Cleveland over a Whitehurst led Seattle was pretty bad.

But I've never seen anything worse than Steelers 3 Dolphins 0 on that rained out Heinz Field. Why did I watch the whole thing? Why?

That game was worth it just for the punt play where the ball splatted into the swamp turf with zero bounce

E: Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

We spend a gently caress load on our turf so no way. Heinz field is that trash

Ah yes, a field ravaged by a literal hurricane is Heinz Field trash

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

people in florida give way too much of a poo poo about their lawns

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
When I was a kid in Florida in the late 90s I remember looking outside the front window during a Hurricane (Isabel, probably) and seeing my neighbor outside picking up palm fronds in his front yard and that was my first encounter with A Florida Man®

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://deadspin.com/the-idiot-teen-on-the-field-at-mnf-wrote-his-number-on-1786589709

Deadspin interviewed the field runner from last night. He's got cool dogs.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

MechaFrogzilla posted:

6-3 Cleveland over a Whitehurst led Seattle was pretty bad.

But I've never seen anything worse than Steelers 3 Dolphins 0 on that rained out Heinz Field. Why did I watch the whole thing? Why?

I watched this game end-to-end. I didn't have much going on in December 1993. Worst NFL game I've ever seen. Maybe the worst football game I've seen, period: NFL, college, high school, USFL, XFL, arena, UFL, you name it.

New York Jets 3, Washington 0

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I went to this doozy in 1999

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199910240tam.htm

At least we won I guess?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

TBeats posted:

I went to this doozy in 1999

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199910240tam.htm

At least we won I guess?

2 3:02 Buccaneers Martin Gramatica 34 yard field goal 0 6
4 2:24 Bears Chris Boniol 28 yard field goal 3 6

There were no points for literally half the game :stare:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Those look like semi-professional quarterbacking lines.

12/2/12 NEVAR FORGET :911:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020nyj.htm

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
low scoring games are weird because they can either be super exciting or loving dull

If its two supreme defenses playing at the highest level, I get a football boner

If its two offenses struggling to throw the ball while not simultaneously making GBS threads their pants... yeah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

2 3:02 Buccaneers Martin Gramatica 34 yard field goal 0 6
4 2:24 Bears Chris Boniol 28 yard field goal 3 6

There were no points for literally half the game :stare:

It's up there with the 38-to-0-before-halftime game against the Ravens I went to a couple years ago in terms of unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. As of right now, the Ravens game is the only game I've ever left early.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

low scoring games are weird because they can either be super exciting or loving dull

If its two supreme defenses playing at the highest level, I get a football boner

If its two offenses struggling to throw the ball while not simultaneously making GBS threads their pants... yeah

Same. I think people who didn't love 2011 LSU@Alabama 9-6 game should not talk about football because they clearly do not get it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if you didn't love that game because both teams live inside the devils balls

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
In this instance, hate the playing teams, don't hate the game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shyduck posted:

http://deadspin.com/the-idiot-teen-on-the-field-at-mnf-wrote-his-number-on-1786589709

This kid actually seems pretty grounded and cool for someone who rushed a field.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is almost impossible to own huskies and not be cool

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

NC-17 posted:

BRANDON WEEDEN

I can't believe he even got drafted TBH. By the time he acquired enough playing time to be any good* he would legit be past his prime, like what even is the point there

*assuming of course he even had a good ceiling, which well....

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ozu posted:

Really people should just read the term "pro-ready" during draft season and just lol because no one has a loving clue.

I would pay a guy to look through prospect pages to prove its meaninglessness

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Linebackers looked good.

Jenkins and Kiko for sure, every nice run play Seattle had was directly at a turned around Misi getting blocked into the dirt.

He is our AJ Hawk so it makes sense we are looking to replace him with AJ Hawk.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what is everyone's thoughts on leaving a game early?

like, when is that acceptable? if you're down a field goal in the second quarter and throw in the towel you're a bad fan and people will probably draw the line all over the place and i imagine the threshold is a lot lower for, say, the browns.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

TBeats posted:

what is everyone's thoughts on leaving a game early?

like, when is that acceptable? if you're down a field goal in the second quarter and throw in the towel you're a bad fan and people will probably draw the line all over the place and i imagine the threshold is a lot lower for, say, the browns.

Who cares but pats fans are forever bitches for leaving early and crying to be let back in after ryan williams fumbled only to watch their team miss a FG back in 2012

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

hifi posted:

Who cares but pats fans are forever bitches for leaving early and crying to be let back in after ryan williams fumbled only to watch their team miss a FG back in 2012

Didn't they leave a game early last year?

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 14, 2016

client
Aug 19, 2010

Ozu posted:

Those look like semi-professional quarterbacking lines.

12/2/12 NEVAR FORGET :911:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020nyj.htm

That game was drat bad but it's got nothing on browns- bills 2009, which is easily the worst game ive ever seen and possibly the worst game of all time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910110buf.htm

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The only time it's acceptable to leave a game is if your team is getting manhandled and the weather is trash.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wasn't Kawalimus the one who left a Ravens game early?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shyduck posted:

dude seems p. cool

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

dude seems p. cool

Hella cool, you might say

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shath Hole posted:

Rams defense is no joke...neither is Gurley. I am curious to see how they do tonight.

Just reading through this monstrosity of a thread and thought this post should be mentioned.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grittybeard posted:

Just reading through this monstrosity of a thread and thought this post should be mentioned.

A lot of people, goons included, were doing the "this is the year the Rams finally break out!" thing during the offseason.

Foolish, silly people.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Coldforge posted:

A lot of people, goons included, were doing the "this is the year the Rams finally break out!" thing during the offseason.

Foolish, silly people.

They're breaking out of their rut and breaking into the "Almost as good as the '08 Lions" stage of their development

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NattyBo posted:

Hella cool, you might say

It's hella cool that he got to run on the field and be a giant jackass and his punishment is only that he is banned from the stadium for a year.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Volkerball posted:

The only time it's acceptable to leave a game is if your team is getting manhandled and the weather is trash.

i was at the pats comeback against denver and by this metric leaving would have been defensible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

I can't believe he even got drafted TBH. By the time he acquired enough playing time to be any good* he would legit be past his prime, like what even is the point there

*assuming of course he even had a good ceiling, which well....

I was actually pro Weeden that year, but like in the 3rd round. I bought into the dumb pro-ready thing that was going around because he was old and ignored that Oklahoma State isn't exactly a pro style offense.

So to recap: I am dumb. But I am not as dumb as the Browns front office was.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I made a thread about the worst game you've ever seen if you all would like to continue the discussion of Bad Football over there.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790066

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

hifi posted:

don't forget Seahawks fans leaving Super Bowl 49 early just as the comeback began then crying to get back in. That's forever bitch-status

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Slit survived Fury Road?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Out of all the hot takes that go down on these forums daily, this wasn't even luke warm but yea... V:v:V

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shath Hole posted:

Out of all the hot takes that go down on these forums daily, this wasn't even luke warm but yea... V:v:V

It's hilarious in hindsight.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Goetta posted:

It is almost impossible to own huskies and not be cool

No I do believe all Huskies are lovely assholes :v:

Malloreon posted:

don't forget Seahawks fans leaving Super Bowl 49 early just as the comeback began then crying to get back in. That's forever bitch-status

I think you mean the 2015 NFCCG

I was sitting behind a guy who did last Sunday said he'd never leave a game like that again. He left after we scored a TD and there was 30 seconds left

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I stayed the entire game yesterday, then came back after walking away just to stare happily at the field for a few more seconds like a huge goofball.

(Because it was the only solid win I expect to see all season.)

• Locked thread