Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Ugh the only place I've found Mindwipe and friends is at Walgreens where they're $20 goddamn dollars.

I got 3 out of 4 at Wal Mart last week. But mine seems to get the Deluxes in a bit early but only 1-2 of each and then it's a couple weeks before you see em again.

Like I posted I consider Chromedome best of his wave if not first 2 waves. Mindwipe is bottom tier because bat mode is lame though robot mode is decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The MSJ posted:

The latest rumor is that we are getting a Generations Predaking (probably a boxset like Computron), a leader Quickswitch, and deluxe Nautica and Perceptor, among other things.

gently caress yes Snapdragon. What's Godbomber?
In other news Hell yeah I ordered MP Grapple, also when does Carnifex land, Kapow is saying September but it's September now I want my giant awesome evil robot

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Goldskull posted:

gently caress yes Snapdragon. What's Godbomber?
In other news Hell yeah I ordered MP Grapple, also when does Carnifex land, Kapow is saying September but it's September now I want my giant awesome evil robot

Godbomber is an upgrade for Ginrai in Masterforce that combines with him to form God Ginrai, will probably be called Apex Bomber if he gets released domestically like the last time it got released here(as part of a Powermaster Optimus Prime re-release that was just a repackaging of an earlier God Ginrai reissue set)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Are the leaders still plenty on the ground in the US? I want Blaster/Soundwave and OP when I go over later this week.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've seen one Blaster at a TRU, and that's it. Lots of Skywarps taking up space.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, still? I'm roadtripping from Louisiana to Georgia, maybe I should plot out every Target on the way.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, still? I'm roadtripping from Louisiana to Georgia, maybe I should plot out every Target on the way.
That seems like a lot of work for something you can easily grab at the 'con in a month.

edit:

Flawless bot modes at the price of derpy as gently caress vehicle modes but still into this.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 11, 2016

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

I got 3 out of 4 at Wal Mart last week. But mine seems to get the Deluxes in a bit early but only 1-2 of each and then it's a couple weeks before you see em again.

Like I posted I consider Chromedome best of his wave if not first 2 waves. Mindwipe is bottom tier because bat mode is lame though robot mode is decent.

Hardhead is better, but yeah Chromedome is pretty good. Especially his paint job, I've been out of non-MP transformers for a bit, and its real nice to see Hasbro putting paint on their figures again, especially on that wonderful headmaster.

P.S. I'm so in love with this line, never did get around to buying a Combiner Wars besides Powerglide, but I can't get enough of tiny good-looking robot heads.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That robot mode does an amazing job of perfectly replicating the look of the official toy that doesn't transform into a weird arrow-shaped lump.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

That seems like a lot of work for something you can easily grab at the 'con in a month.

edit:

Flawless bot modes at the price of derpy as gently caress vehicle modes but still into this.

These are awful. Their bot modes are far from flawless - what is going on with their shoulders? and their alt modes are terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's really close to what Drift looked like in his first mini.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Those vehicles look like they go in Pretender shells.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

That's really close to what Drift looked like in his first mini.
Yeah, that's what his shoulders look like in his first appearance. It looks like Deadlock has the popped out panel while Drift doesn't, though, which is pretty weird.

Also yeesh Milne has redesigned Drift like six times now.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I've yet to see any Titans Returns leaders at a Target, just lots of Skywarps with the occasional Starscream. Then there's the one Target that still has the leader-class movie Grimlocks that they seem intent on hanging onto forever. I've seen PM Optimus Prime a handful of times at Toys R Us, but surprisingly people seem to be buying up the Blasters first.

That's in California though, the other side of the country may of course vary.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Knormal posted:

I've yet to see any Titans Returns leaders at a Target, just lots of Skywarps with the occasional Starscream. Then there's the one Target that still has the leader-class movie Grimlocks that they seem intent on hanging onto forever. I've seen PM Optimus Prime a handful of times at Toys R Us, but surprisingly people seem to be buying up the Blasters first.

Same exact thing in the Midwest

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've actually seen TR stuff on the shelves in a couple of places in the UK, but can't justify £25 for the headmaster guys which look so small, or £45 for Blaster/Prime, as nice as they look!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Knormal posted:

This but sarcastic quotes on "surprisingly."

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Squalitude posted:

I've actually seen TR stuff on the shelves in a couple of places in the UK, but can't justify £25 for the headmaster guys which look so small, or £45 for Blaster/Prime, as nice as they look!

Sometimes I think about moving to Scotland then I look at posts like this and just about choke. Christ, I almost didn't buy Prime cause I thought him too expensive at $45 Canadian = £26.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll just be over here working at a store that carries TFs and getting first dibs on them when they arrive...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I'll just be over here working at a store that carries TFs and getting first dibs on them when they arrive...
Hmm yes what's that smell

Oh it's the smell of talking to Diamond on the phone, and then explaining Diamond to customers who are second only to dudes driving pick up trucks with squishy tires complaining about gas prices in terms of patience

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

Hmm yes what's that smell

Oh it's the smell of talking to Diamond on the phone, and then explaining Diamond to customers who are second only to dudes driving pick up trucks with squishy tires complaining about gas prices in terms of patience

I haven't spoken to our Diamond rep in like 4 years!

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Canadians: Maybe this has been mentioned, but Winners has deluxe Combaticons ($10) and Leader Starscream ($20), I guess. I was finally able to grab Swindle and Brawl in my tiny town to finish up Bruticus.

And if you missed Starscream, that's a smokin' deal.

Of course, this is Winners, so...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

CW Leaders being almost all repaints, if not of previous figures, but within the line itself made some nasty shelf warmers out here.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I mean, I never got a Thundercracker, so if I see him, I might get him. If he's on clearance. But I already have the MP of him... hmm.

Oh god, the TRU in Baton Rouge has Fortmax in stock.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

strangehamster posted:

Same exact thing in the Midwest

Yea the I still only see Skywarp mainly in the leader classes. I've only seen one TR Voyager in the wild and it was Sentinel Prime at a couple Walmarts. Nothing bigger than that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Locally (NE Indiana) I have seen Sentinel and Galvatron multiple places, the Titan Master packs and Deluxes are practically everywhere but I haven't seen the Leaders anywhere but my store.

Oversized WeiJiang Defensor IN BOX ZOMG IT'S HAPPENING

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 12, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

WoTC (who are owned by Hasbro) announced today they will be adding a "Masterpiece series" to all new Magic sets.

Unfortunately it looks like they're more into Bayformers

Does anyone own the Shapeshift two pack of Ironhide/Starscream FoC dudes?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Got home from a funeral and Despotron was waiting which has made my day way better. This is most definitely my Megatron.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Got home from a funeral and Despotron was waiting which has made my day way better. This is most definitely my Megatron.

Mine is coming. I'm jelly.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Sorry for your loss.

Despotron will probably be my purchase too, though I still think Mightron has the superior robot mode. I'm just working up the stones to purchase a $150 figure.

Edit: Just picked up Blurr and Skullsmasher. The common complaints about Skully seem true with mine, but applying silicone to the ball joints isn't the end of the world. Still a neat figure all the same, and it brings me back to the old G1 headmaster days. Blurr is a fun bot too, decent transformation and the alt mode is pretty gen-one. Not a bad purchase for 25 bucks thanks to the Walmart sale.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 13, 2016

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, I've been thinking, and it's insane how long it's been since we got a definitive Optimus and a definitive Megatron that really belonged together.

Like, I guess the PRID Voyagers were okay together, but PRID!OP is such an also-ran compared to the FE Voyager that he might not as well even exist. And the FE scales AWFULLY with PRID!Megs, he's like a head and a half taller, and maybe I'm crazy but Megatron should be the same height at LEAST.

Then going further back, DOTM had Voyager megs that had to reckon with how DEFINITIVE Prime's ROTF Leader was and how bad Megs' Leaders were (and how they didn't turn into anything, at all, like wow).

I guess WFC had a decent pair but even then Megatron felt a little... under-designed, comparatively. Didn't have the panel-y bulk of Optimus. So we gotta go back to, like ANIMATED. Voyager Prime and Leader Megatron scaled with each other.

So the 2007-2008 toyline was the last time Optimus and Megatron both turned into Actual Things AND had toys that belonged with each other. That seems absolutely crazy to me. How does that HAPPEN? The better part of a decade since HasTak has produced an appropriate pair.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I was going to pick up the TR Shockwave until I saw he's the CW one with a tiny man and in worse colours, for £6 + £3.50 postage extra. Cheeky. Nothing's doing it for me out of this line so far because of all the terrible QC tales I hear, might give Astrotrain a whirl if he's any better than a floppy leg disaster.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We're prepping to sell our house soon so there's some tidying up going on. I pulled out a box of guys I've not seen in a while and had to open a couple because. Man, Sandstorm is a great figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay kids, I have EIGHT Combiner Wars Deluxe Grooves for sale. My price is $18 plus actual shipping. I will ship loose to save you money if you want, it doesn't bug me how you want it done. Either way it should still come in cheaper than the $30 Amazon has it listed for.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rhyno posted:

Okay kids, I have EIGHT Combiner Wars Deluxe Grooves for sale. My price is $18 plus actual shipping. I will ship loose to save you money if you want, it doesn't bug me how you want it done. Either way it should still come in cheaper than the $30 Amazon has it listed for.

Dibs. I'll message you in a bit - I'm out at the moment

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
So I got my Steelbook copy of TF:TM 30th anniversary edition today.

It's missing the widescreen disc. It just has the fullscreen disc.

Is this being reported any where else? Are there any other people with the same problem or is it just my bad luck?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MB13 posted:

So I got my Steelbook copy of TF:TM 30th anniversary edition today.

It's missing the widescreen disc. It just has the fullscreen disc.

Is this being reported any where else? Are there any other people with the same problem or is it just my bad luck?

I'm seeing this on the FB groups a lot.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Dibs. I'll message you in a bit - I'm out at the moment

One reserved for you. PM whenever you got time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hold one for me as well, I'll PM you some deets in a bit, busy at the moment, just taking a break to check some stuff.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

So the 2007-2008 toyline was the last time Optimus and Megatron both turned into Actual Things AND had toys that belonged with each other. That seems absolutely crazy to me. How does that HAPPEN? The better part of a decade since HasTak has produced an appropriate pair.
We really haven't ever gotten a definitive Classics-style Optimus Prime ever, either. Classics Prime is okay, but his truck mode is still pretty stylized, and then of course there's the arm kibble. Every other Classics Prime has been either Cybertonian, something else like a Laser Prime/Powermaster reference, or just not very good like Titans Return or the deluxe Classics Prime. We finally got a good Megatron with the Combiner Wars leader, now we just need a Prime to stand opposite him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Knormal posted:

We really haven't ever gotten a definitive Classics-style Optimus Prime ever, either. Classics Prime is okay, but his truck mode is still pretty stylized, and then of course there's the arm kibble. Every other Classics Prime has been either Cybertonian, something else like a Laser Prime/Powermaster reference, or just not very good like Titans Return or the deluxe Classics Prime. We finally got a good Megatron with the Combiner Wars leader, now we just need a Prime to stand opposite him.

I got my Classics Prime from a Goon, and I love him like crazy. I don't even mind the arm kibble because I think of them like gauntlet-shields, like how Captain America usually holds his shield. Best Prime I've ever owned, and I used to have MP-01.