Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alris posted:

I'll probably get it dispite having no friends as I am bad with money~

That's....uh. Definitely not what I was expecting from Riot. Huh.
Looks cool though! Can't wait for the Tabletop Simulator rip of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
If Quinns consulted it might actually be decent.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Voxx posted:

Quinns is more of a flavour/social games kind of guy so between him and Riot my prediction is the game will be mechanically wonky/underdone but really thematic. Which is probably a good direction for Riot to go with a board game, tbh.

Now if they contracted Vlaada Chvatil to make another Mage Knight Board Game retheme.. :syoon:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Voxx posted:

Man ever post rework in a different game industry goons can't stop cheesing with Quinns.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Luna where's my 50bux, the army hasn't paid me yet and I'm trying to pay bills lol

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
well i think im permanently tilted, in my last 2 of 3 games I had an ez that e'd forwards into a thresh hook then ragequit because it was somehow my fault and then a vayne that despite us handilly winning the game would intentionally go afk if we grouped with her and gradually through attrition somehow managed to lose us a game where we had double the kills out of pure pettyness and spite. Not even exaggerating when I say the other team thought they lost and told me directly gg for good zilean ults on our syndra, it was straight up just a 4v5.

I simply can't imagine being so upset with my team that I'd lose a ranked game on purpose.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ArbitraryC posted:

well i think im permanently tilted, in my last 2 of 3 games I had an ez that e'd forwards into a thresh hook then ragequit because it was somehow my fault and then a vayne that despite us handilly winning the game would intentionally go afk if we grouped with her and gradually through attrition somehow managed to lose us a game where we had double the kills out of pure pettyness and spite. Not even exaggerating when I say the other team thought they lost and told me directly gg for good zilean ults on our syndra, it was straight up just a 4v5.

I simply can't imagine being so upset with my team that I'd lose a ranked game on purpose.
Rapidly approaching that point in the season where people are more or less locked into the division they're going to be minus the people who are going to try their best to push through one more division. Leads to a much more volatile seasons-end because people either don't care or care way too much and everything becomes much more emotional. Godspeed friend.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

Luna where's my 50bux, the army hasn't paid me yet and I'm trying to pay bills lol

gently caress I forgot, next Tuesday friendo

Someone empty quote this at me in a week so I don't forget again lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

gently caress I forgot, next Tuesday friendo

Someone empty quote this at me in a week so I don't forget again lmao

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Yes, but only because they redid it.

Libertine posted:

Just make Kayle and Aatrox into one champion and you have to shape shift from Angel to Demon mode.

shape shifting mini-game - heal someone three times to change into kayle, damage someone three times to change to aatrox. Don't get hit or the meter goes back to zero.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Libertine posted:

Just make Kayle and Aatrox into one champion and you have to shape shift from Angel to Demon mode.

That's a terrible idea, you would need two skins for one champion. Oh poo poo, I shouldn't have said that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
over 100 million people as dumb as me play this game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Alris posted:

I'll probably get it dispite having no friends as I am bad with money~

Come to the US again and hang out in NYC or something and we'll meet up and play it with! Or move to the US, where your ping will never be 200+

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Riot doesn't release player numbers: game is clearly declining

Riot releases player numbers: game has clearly peaked

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Necronomiconomist posted:

Riot doesn't release player numbers: game is clearly declining

Riot releases player numbers: game has clearly peaked

No, this is the part where we disprove the validity of those numbers.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think Overwatch killed league. Rip league.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i played overwatch more recently than league so thats 100% accurate. league is loving dead

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i will never forgive overwatch for killing the best online multiplayer game, team fortress 2.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

i will never forgive overwatch for killing the best online multiplayer game, team fortress 2.

Hey, blame the new queue system

TF2 reeeaaallyyy wasnt designed to load a map for a single match at a time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

100 million players worldwide, still cant make money on esports. Checks out.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

dicks assassin posted:

100 million players worldwide, still cant make money on esports. Checks out.

When you read the article and find out the two company founders sound like total morons in every single quoted excerpt who lucked into their success and couldn't believe it every step of the way despite admitting they still haven't been able to do basic client-side improvements after hiring hundreds of employees to work on the game, it's pretty incredible really.

My favorite part in the story of the early game development was when they were trying to decide between calling it LOL:WTF and LOL:PWN and then they came down from being high for a little bit and realized that wouldn't be very funny anymore.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Libertine posted:

My favorite part in the story of the early game development was when they were trying to decide between calling it LOL:WTF and LOL:PWN and then they came down from being high for a little bit and realized that wouldn't be very funny anymore.

oh my god

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Not an exaggeration:

quote:

Initially, the team thought the subtitle would be useful to denote future "content drops" that could be themed in goofy ways. They wanted to have "acronym fun times," according to Merrill. After League of Legends: Clash of Fates, there would be League of Legends: Wizards, Thieves, Fighters (a.k.a. LOL: WTF). Or League of Legends: Pirates With Ninjas (LOL: PWN). Before launch, the team decided this subtitle-based naming convention was too cute by half.

"We were trying to be clever, and it wasn’t good," Merrill says. "Then we were like, ‘That’s dumb. We’re just going to always evolve the game, so who cares?’"

-- Marc Merrill, President, Riot Games

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

No, this is the part where we disprove the validity of those numbers.

I mean a number of those are probably smurf accounts. hell imaqtpie probably has like 100 different accounts

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, if you won the lottery jackpot a few times, you still wouldn't be anywhere nearly as lucky as they are.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Luna Was Here posted:

I mean a number of those are probably smurf accounts. hell imaqtpie probably has like 100 different accounts

The number they give is 1.4% of the earth's population. I don't think there are enough riven alts to disrupt the sense of scale there.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no, like five people play the game.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
When I hit Diamond 5, I was pretty sure this was just about as toxic as it was going to get, and boy was I wrong!

D3-2 is filled with the most hate filled rage I've seen in a long time, and it honestly blows my mind that people can say this kind of poo poo in chat nonchalantly. Miss ONE skill, ever, and you're a "worthless piece of trash that should never have bought this account, kill urself". Like holy poo poo, why do people do this? Raging at someone for five minutes straight in a game has never and will never result in them being like "oh I see my mistakes now, let me play better", it just tilts them more and makes them play worse :psyduck:

My personal favorite is the bronze-style blame game where someone makes a completely idiotic mistake and instead of owning up to it, the mistake HAS to be someone else's fault. The difference is, bronze players often don't know they made a mistake; diamond players can usually tell when they hosed up, so it's even more rage-inducing to have them go on a rant as to why it's someone else's fault that they were pushing bot with no wards and got 1v3'd.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Flower posted:

The number they give is 1.4% of the earth's population. I don't think there are enough riven alts to disrupt the sense of scale there.

Say that to my alts Rivensismywaifu1 though 99999

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Haven't actually had time to play on this patch yet (plus I really don't want to put up with or play against nu-Yorick), but I checked out champ.gg just to see that Taliyah got completely loving bodied by those two changes. Pretty sad as she was in a decent place, legitimately fun to play and interesting to watch in pro play.

Will Riot ever learn to do incremental/small changes? Probably not.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

anti-magic posted:

Haven't actually had time to play on this patch yet (plus I really don't want to put up with or play against nu-Yorick), but I checked out champ.gg just to see that Taliyah got completely loving bodied by those two changes. Pretty sad as she was in a decent place, legitimately fun to play and interesting to watch in pro play.

Will Riot ever learn to do incremental/small changes? Probably not.

She was the most frustrating laner to play against in a good while and I'm glad she's garbage now.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

When I hit Diamond 5, I was pretty sure this was just about as toxic as it was going to get, and boy was I wrong!

D3-2 is filled with the most hate filled rage I've seen in a long time, and it honestly blows my mind that people can say this kind of poo poo in chat nonchalantly. Miss ONE skill, ever, and you're a "worthless piece of trash that should never have bought this account, kill urself". Like holy poo poo, why do people do this? Raging at someone for five minutes straight in a game has never and will never result in them being like "oh I see my mistakes now, let me play better", it just tilts them more and makes them play worse :psyduck:

My personal favorite is the bronze-style blame game where someone makes a completely idiotic mistake and instead of owning up to it, the mistake HAS to be someone else's fault. The difference is, bronze players often don't know they made a mistake; diamond players can usually tell when they hosed up, so it's even more rage-inducing to have them go on a rant as to why it's someone else's fault that they were pushing bot with no wards and got 1v3'd.

my favorite part of league is baiting these people and then reporting them afterwords.

I am the problem

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Soraka game in Plat 1 (i reported the toxic ezreal)

:worship:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The best thing in video games is when someone is so mad they just put five random expletives together

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

no, like five people play the game.

And somehow I get them in every game. What are the odds?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Neck yourself

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Muting everyone is the path to victory. I don't know if you guys know this, but I just climbed out of bronze so I know what I'm talking about.

Also:

NTT posted:

Neck yourself

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Luna Was Here posted:

Smurfs are probably a pretty small proportion of those numbers. Few people have them and even fewer would play on them in the same month, I don't know anyone who does. High Elo is where it makes the most sense and that's a tiny part of the playerbase.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Neck yourself? Christ that's weak for pent up rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Bubble-T posted:

Smurfs are probably a pretty small proportion of those numbers. Few people have them and even fewer would play on them in the same month, I don't know anyone who does. High Elo is where it makes the most sense and that's a tiny part of the playerbase.

Considering what goes into leveling a smurf to 30, unlocking the champions you want to play and then buying standard AD and AP runes I agree. I understand it happens, but for most people that's not worth.

• Locked thread