Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The trivia section of the JoJo wiki, which is poo poo, is EXTRA poo poo.

no all anime wikipedia trivia sections are precious loveables.

I will take no sass on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next three episodes are one parters apparently. Then a two parter.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

So that's 1 episode for Kira's dad, 1 chapter for Rohan to get owned, then own a kid at RPS and 1 chapter for Rohan to get owned at dice before 2 for Highway Star? I'm down with that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
RPS Kid has Yoshikage Kira's New Face bookending it so I'm interested to see what happens with that. I'd like em to be part of Atom Heart Father just cause its more fitting

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Which episode should we expect the new OP on? 26? 27?

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

iirc, RPS kid is quite a few chapters. But because it's fast paced, I can easily see it working in a single episode. I can't wait for this, it's loving great.

Also, hype for the entire budget being blown on Highway Star.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Moltrey posted:

RPS Kid has Yoshikage Kira's New Face bookending it so I'm interested to see what happens with that. I'd like em to be part of Atom Heart Father just cause its more fitting

If I remember right, we see Kira "coming home' and meeting Shinobu for the first time after Atom Heart Father, then immediately after RPS Kid, we have another Kawajiri chapter, so I think those bits will probably cap off those two episodes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what episode we get the new OP on is entirely dependent on if they're going to play the OP on episode 27. that's rohan's house getting burned down, so i dunno. if they're going to push mikitaka and the dice game into one episode then they might cut for more time.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
they're going to keep the dice game but cut mikitaka for time

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the entire rest of the plot plays out the same except josuke gets trapped inside superfly (crunchyroll sub name: "really good fly") and jotaro has to huck the angelo stone in

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

superfly is actually deecemozzy

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

alcharagia posted:

giorno: beautiful

bruno: awesome

narancia: cute

abacchio: cool

mista: rad

fugo: mathematical

trish: spicy
with my best friends by my side
bruno
he's really cool
giorno
the beautiful

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

alcharagia posted:

giorno: beautiful

bruno: awesome

narancia: cute

abacchio: cool

mista: rad

fugo: mathematical

trish: spicy

this n-sync re-imagining is hardcore

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yinlock posted:

this is basically all the protagonist stands sans Star Platinum, and Giorno's is probably the weirdest with it's life punch nonsense or whatever, it seems like Araki couldn't really figure out what to do with it. It's the epitome of the part 5 theme of Great Ideas That Kind Of Go Nowhere

ironically it would probably work super-well as a villain of the week stand

I've read Vento up to where the good scans are for now and Giorno's ability has the broadest application of any stand in the series which turns reading fights into "well Gio is gonna do some bullshit so it's ok"

- Can transform anything freely between inorganic matter, living things and body parts. Sometimes these reflect damge
- Can directly punch life into someone, loving up their sensory reception if he wants to

It never feels really interesting like applications for Crazy Diamond or Stone Free either so I'm not really high on this part so far. Supporting cast is pretty good but seems like they always need Gio for the bail out.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I'm looking to get a nice Jojo coffee table art book because I love the art. Is there anything made more recently (or more cheaply) than Jojo A-Go! Go!? It's only 120 pages and people are asking for $70+ on ebay and amazon so I was hoping there might be a meatier or cheaper art book.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

"Hirohiko Araki Works" is newer and contains more. not sure about cheaper though

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tonfa posted:

I've read Vento up to where the good scans are for now and Giorno's ability has the broadest application of any stand in the series which turns reading fights into "well Gio is gonna do some bullshit so it's ok"

- Can transform anything freely between inorganic matter, living things and body parts. Sometimes these reflect damge
- Can directly punch life into someone, loving up their sensory reception if he wants to

It never feels really interesting like applications for Crazy Diamond or Stone Free either so I'm not really high on this part so far. Supporting cast is pretty good but seems like they always need Gio for the bail out.

Other than their initial use, I don't think Giorno ever uses the life punching or rebounding aspects of his stand ever again. He's pretty consistent on making plants and animals that return to their owners after the first couple fights.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tonfa posted:

Let me tell you about Soft & Wet.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CJ posted:

Let me tell you about Soft & Wet.

Removing a "quality" is broad problem solver too but the hows and whys are more interesting and it feels more consistent, just like Crazy Diamond and Stone Free. Also it gets contrasted more with stuff like Yasuho & Tsurugi teamup or Joshuu's Excellent Adventure

Momomo posted:

Other than their initial use, I don't think Giorno ever uses the life punching or rebounding aspects of his stand ever again. He's pretty consistent on making plants and animals that return to their owners after the first couple fights.

So it's the precursor to Whitesnake/D4C in the sense that Araki never fully thought it out to begin with, explains stuff

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
araki doesn't think , he just does

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Gold Experience is a lot like hamon in that it heals people, grows plants and generally does whatever the hell you need it to do

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I was discussing Gold Experience with someone a few days ago, and we came to the conclusion that the Ripple is a good comparison because it sure feels like most of its applications are "does this thing all of Once Ever that is never brought up or considered ever again".

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Momomo posted:

Well, for all we know, whenever he Mudas someone to death, they probably still are experiencing extreme time slowdown or enhanced pain or what-have-you. It isn't really brought up but that doesn't mean it just goes away.

The rebounding damage thing is pretty OP for a protag, and it's a weekly thing, so I can understand Araki just phasing that out, but it does actually come up again in the Buccellati fight.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Started steel ball run and i've already fallen in love with Gyro and his stupid smile and his loving teddy bear

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tonfa posted:

Removing a "quality" is broad problem solver too but the hows and whys are more interesting and it feels more consistent, just like Crazy Diamond and Stone Free. Also it gets contrasted more with stuff like Yasuho & Tsurugi teamup or Joshuu's Excellent Adventure

Also Josuke is generally a lot more subtle/clever about it. He wins a fight by stealing the sound of a refrigerator door, that rules.

I mean S&W is clearly bullshit but it seems to be just limited enough to give fights tension.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

NecroMonster posted:

Started steel ball run and i've already fallen in love with Gyro and his stupid smile and his loving teddy bear

Good, Gyro is a good boy who deserves good things. :toot:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Crazy Diamond/Soft & Wet comparison is good because Gold Experience really feels like "okay what if I tried to do something as broad 'Can Return Things To It's Previous State/Can Steal The Qualities Of Other Things" BUT I was bad at writing instead very good at it"

like Crazy D and Gold E are the polar opposite of Stands I Love To See Do Stuff

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Much like their owners

e: Josuke is so great. He's not quite Young Joseph but he's as close as we're likely to ever get.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

a mumified hand with a hole through the palm

are these corps parts what i think they are?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
and the saint thanked Joseph of Arimathea for looking after his body and said "I will go East"

also Josuke is better than Joseph in literally every way joseph blows

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

Joshua ben Joseph?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gently caress me

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

NecroMonster posted:

gently caress me

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jesus encourages Johnny to consider shooting himself. A new and novel joke, I'm sure.

Also, five chapters into part 8, pretty good so far and also what

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that due to how Jesus' name is pronounced in Japanese, it's also a reference to Yes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
when Jesus shows up and says "Everything is circular....if it rotates"

like loving thanks dude...i guess??

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

when Jesus shows up and says "Everything is circular....if it rotates"

like loving thanks dude...i guess??

Please don't disparage Jesus. He knows what he's talking about. I mean who else would have been able to figure out that shooting yourself in the head with a fingernail gives you a major power-up?

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

NecroMonster posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot about the hole in the hand.

Reeeeeeeeal subtle Araki. :v:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

the places in the sand where you only saw one set of footprints were the times jesus carried you

the places where there are a bunch of clawmarks are from when jesus used his eyes to turn a bunch of people into dinosaurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so do you think araki sat on the jesus real name thing for years waiting for a chance to work it in?